Can my chest hurt during menopause? Many women have heard of hot flashes and mood swings, sharp aging of the skin and dryness in the vagina caused by age-related changes, but the mammary glands usually stay out of this process. In fact, chest pain may well occur during menopause. In some cases, this is a variant of the norm, but sometimes it is a sign of pathology.
What is menopause, periods and characteristics
Age-related changes associated with the extinction of reproductive function, often scare women. The production of sex hormones is reduced, the menstruation stops with time, so that the woman can no longer fulfill her primary function. The process is accompanied by many symptoms: the bone and cardiovascular systems become vulnerable, the mucous membranes become thinner, the load on the psyche increases, and memory disorders can sometimes appear. But the unpleasant symptoms of menopause are not characteristic of every woman, in addition, they can be expressed in varying degrees of severity. Prematurely tune in to the worst is not worth it.
How does menopause begin in women? Symptoms are not only the cessation of discharge. A deep change in the concentration of hormones leads to changes throughout the body. That is why for such a period in the life of a woman you need to prepare in advance. The first signs can be very different. Can menopause chest hurt? More often women feel hot flashes in the upper part of the body. This condition lasts from one to three minutes. There is insomnia, headache, mood swings or even depression. Pain in the mammary glands can also be.
Definitely recognize the onset of menopause by the nature of the menstrual cycle. With age, the discharge becomes more scarce, the breaks between menstruation are extended. This leads to the complete attenuation of menstruation. However, a woman can no longer conceive and bear a child. The process of attenuation of the reproductive function is rather long: it may take more than one year to stop the monthly periods.
At what age is menopause
When does menopause in women begin? Internally, the body begins to rebuild long before the first external signs appear. Already from the age of thirty-five years, the work of the ovaries gradually fades away. This is due to the fact that there is a certain number of follicles for the whole life of a woman. Each month ten to twenty follicles mature, but only one of them becomes an egg cell that can be fertilized and give life. Menstruation stops on average in 49-51 year. But this indicator is individual. Climax can be either early (34-36 years old) or late (54-56 years old).
When does menopause in women begin? It depends on the onset of menopause in close relatives. Ask your mother how she survived this period, at what age she began to notice the first changes, when her periods stopped. Most likely, your changes will occur at about the same age. Delay the onset of menopause, you can contact your doctor. The gynecologist will prescribe the necessary tests and examinations. Then hormone replacement therapy will be recommended.
Why is chest pain possible?
Can my chest hurt during menopause? It is quite possible. Often, women associate discomfort with unstable hormonal balance, but always chest pain during menopause is caused by the concentration of sex hormones. Why does chest hurt during menopause? Not the last role in this issue is played:
- Diseases of other organs and systems. With osteochondrosis and heart problems, which develop more actively during menopause, pain may occur.
- Changes in fatty acids. In the mammary glands a lot of space is assigned fatty tissue. Therefore, the imbalance of acids does not go unnoticed by the process.
- Chronic stress. Mammary glands can suffer due to unstable psycho-emotional background. Crying, irritability, mood changes - all of these are unfavorable factors in which chest pains appear.
- Bad habits. Alcoholic beverages and cigarettes adversely affect the state of adipose tissue, interfere with normal blood circulation and interfere with metabolic processes in the body.
- Conception in the premenopausal period. If during menopause, the breasts are swollen and sore, and menstruation does not begin, then this may be due to pregnancy. The female reproductive system in this difficult period retains the probability of conception, although it is very small. The release of clear fluid from the chest during menopause is also possible because of pregnancy.
- Injuries (including previously suffered). A woman could get injuries for a long time, but they respond with painful sensations precisely during the period of weakening of the body.
- Medications. The constant use of drugs affects the chemical reactions in the body.
- Lack of progestins. In this case, the pain is felt in the nipple area.
- Mastopathy. This disease occurs when a high concentration of the hormone estrogen. This happens when hormonal drugs are not properly taken, including oral contraceptives.
- Oncological diseases. During menopause, the breasts may suffer from cancer, so doctors advise regularly undergo a full examination and tests. This should be done once or twice a year.
Increased breast volume: is it normal?
Can the menopause hurt the chest as it was with the growth of the mammary glands during pregnancy? Breast grows to 20-25 years, and during the carrying of the child increases in size to ensure lactation. But breast augmentation after 45 years is a concern for many women. In most cases, an increase in breast volume and minor pains are the norm. This process is caused by the growth of adipose tissue.
The amount of adipose tissue increases under the influence of several factors. If there is a lot of high-calorie and fatty foods in the diet, and the incoming calories are not fully consumed, then a fat depot is formed. This is caused by a lack of motor activity, as well as a decrease in the amount of estrogen. This function is now assumed by lipid tissue.
All the above processes may be accompanied by pain. But all processes must end before the last menstruation. After that, the change in breast size should stop.
Despite the fact that the increase in breast size during menopause is a variant of the norm, you need to constantly monitor the state of women's health. The fact is that during active age-related changes the risk of developing various pathologies increases. Immediately visit a doctor if the pain is felt in a certain area.
Is there a natural explanation for breast tenderness?
The mammary glands are highly susceptible to hormones. Thanks to them, the development of organs in adolescents begins. These substances lead to regular changes in the reproductive age.
Breast milk is produced in young mothers, too, thanks to hormones. But if it comes to the extinction of reproductive function, someone will doubt whether the chest can have during menopause.
Menopause occurs on the background of a hormonal storm, when the amount of substances first fluctuates, then sharply decreases. Naturally, changes respond and on mammary glands.
This can manifest itself in each woman who approached the line differently: some easily endure the pain, others experience strong feelings in this area. But hormonal changes cannot be completely insensitive to the breast.
When, during menopause, the mammary glands ache, ache, tingle, as if before critical days, this is certainly caused by a decrease in the amount of hormones.
What else can make your chest hurt?
There are other causes of pain in the chest. It should immediately be said that the nature of sensations is different, not only the intensity. The pains are troublesome cutting, with a feeling of bursting, sharp, pulling.
To a large extent it also depends on the personal characteristics of the woman’s body. And not always jumps of estrogen and progesterone are directly guilty of them. The question why chest pains in menopause can have other answers:
Mastopathy is one of the causes of chest pain in a woman during menopause.
Change in fatty acid composition. In the mammary glands, adipose tissue occupies a fairly large part, so the organs respond to age-related imbalances in this area. Pain for such a reason is aching, weak,
How does the volume of the mammary glands?
Frequently asked doctors: can breast enlargement during menopause? Most believe that this is a dangerous sign, because in normal growth of the mammary glands occurs up to 20-25 years, and by this time the organs are completely formed.
Those who think that way are not quite right. An increase in the mammary glands occurs during menopause due to the growth of adipose tissue. While the woman increases the weight and volume, not only the breast.
This symptom is not present in all; it is considered normal before the arrival of the last menstruation. At the next stage of climax, breast enlargement no longer occurs.
These processes are natural for this period, but they require increased attention. As with mastopathy, exactly the same manifestation is possible due to the ability of lipid cells to produce estrogens.
Swelling of the nipples during menopause can also have a double explanation. Symptom occurs on natural causes, due to the disappearance of the hormonal effect on the chest. But the most dangerous culprit like this is Paget's disease, that is, a malignant tumor that has grown in this area.
We recommend reading the article about changes in the ovaries during menopause. You will learn about the features of the functioning of this body and its normal size, as well as how to prevent diseases of the reproductive system.
What to do with pain, how to help yourself?
The sensations associated with this part of the body are sometimes so strong that the question of how to relieve chest pain during menopause comes to the fore. Since there are several reasons for it, it is necessary to be examined at the beginning to find out which of them provokes. For this there is breast ultrasound and mammography. The last survey in general should be regular, done once a year.
Ultrasound diagnostics for chest pain during menopause
Do not use synthetic estrogens and herbal remedies. They help in eliminating other signs of menopause, but with chest pains are useless, and some even harmful. With mastopathy, estrogens will enhance it, provoking cell regeneration. It is better to take vitamins B, C, E, A, D, and for the relief of the syndrome painkillers:
To reduce the negative stress effect on the chest, take sedatives:
- Motherwort Forte,
- Valerian extract.
But in order to reduce chest pain and minimize possible threats related to the health of organs, a complex effort is needed:
- Wearing a bra that supports the chest, but does not tighten,
- Breast massage,
- Reducing fatty foods in the diet. It can lead to the growth of tissue in the chest,
- Physical activity without sudden movements that increase pain. This is yoga, dancing, swimming, just gymnastics in the gym.
If during menopause they become more sensitive, the mammary glands hurt, you should not go to extremes. Often, some women endure the sensations to the "victorious end" when they become unbearable. And others set themselves a terrible diagnosis, and also do not go to a doctor for fear.
Tactics for chest pain should be different: finding out the causes and taking measures to reduce them, prevent and treat diseases that are better to catch at an early stage.
Chest tenderness due to menopause
Women in menopause are often concerned about chest pains, as well as soreness affecting the nipples and their areola. After 45 years, many have the logical question of whether pain can be an early symptom of a tumor or another dangerous disease.
Climax - a difficult time for the female body. At this time, a number of important physiological hormones cease to be produced, due to which the body undergoes stress and undergoes slow changes.
During menopause, female reproductive function is fading away, which is why women need more often to see doctors because of health problems.
Despite the need for observation by a professional, a woman should remember that changes in her body during menopause are the norm.
If nipples or breasts ache during menopause, this is a common phenomenon that accompanies many women.
During menopause, the chest is usually sore, just as it had hurt before ovulation. That is a cyclic pain. However, if the woman did not suffer from chest pains, as a manifestation of premenstrual syndrome, then the pain can manifest itself at an arbitrary time, as well as swelling affecting the nipples.
Sometimes the feeling of pain is so strong that it significantly affects life in general, but this happens quite rarely.
The most common characteristics of pain encountered by doctors are as follows:
- No definite place of soreness.
- There is a burning sensation.
- As if something squeezes the chest and makes it difficult to breathe.
- The pain only affects the nipples, they can become very sensitive, they swell.
In addition to pain in the mammary glands, the onset of menopause may also be accompanied by the following symptoms:
The feeling of heaviness spreading in the mammary glands.
- Puffiness and swelling to which the mammary glands may be exposed.
- Sensitization that affects the nipples and the breast as a whole.
- The disappearance of libido.
- Congestion in the chest.
Women need to remember that the chest can hurt locally, and then you need to be alert. If the pain is not diffuse, but has a clear location, this may indicate the development of a cyst or neoplasm, and this is an occasion to consult a doctor.
If you clearly determine the place in which the pain, fails, then everything is not so scary. However, this does not mean that you should not visit a doctor for prevention.
The time of menopause is stress for the whole body, when there are severe disruptions in the whole body and many chronic pathologies occur, which the woman could not even suspect earlier.
Also, the reason for seeking medical attention is the release of any fluid from the nipples. For menopause, this symptom is not typical, especially if the discharge is green or yellow and has an unpleasant odor. But this serves as evidence of a number of other serious pathologies.
What causes soreness
The reasons why the mammary glands hurt during menopause are very obvious.
In the body, there is a change in the balance between a number of the most important hormonal substances in a woman’s life and in its reproductive period: the production of estrogen and progesterone declines.
Собственно эти же причины объясняют обычно появление болей во время овуляции, в период вынашивания ребенка, после завершения процесса грудного вскармливания.
The female body is generally very susceptible to hormonal changes, which women usually feel stronger than men.
The reaction to changes in the level of hormones is individual for each individual woman. Someone may complain of discomfort and swelling at the time when there is an increase in progesterone, and someone unpleasant symptoms are overtaken during the increase in estrogen in the blood. There may be a reverse situation, that is, a reaction to the reduction of a hormone in the blood.
In addition to changes in hormonal levels, a parameter such as the balance of fatty acids may affect the sensitivity of the female breast. If a delicate balance is broken between these substances, swelling of the mammary glands can occur, nipples hurt, and other unpleasant symptoms appear.
Another reason that explains this unpleasant feeling is the emotional overload and the effect of stress on the body, which, due to menopause, has become particularly sensitive to such changes.
How to fight
In general, the pain in menopause is not treatable. You can, of course, after consulting with your doctor, pick up painkillers, but there is no guarantee that this will help. Women are prescribed painkillers for pain in the mammary glands in response to menopause only when the pain seriously disrupts the usual rhythm of life, for example, interfering with sleep.
To alleviate symptoms, the doctor may recommend:
- Seek help from a masseuse or independently massage the breasts.
- Properly select underwear, paying attention not only to the size, but also to the material from which it is made.
- Carefully observe hygienic procedures.
- Make small compresses with cold or take a contrast shower.
In this case, the mandatory recommendations are dieting, maintaining sleep and rest, exercise.
Do I need to go to the doctor
In the period of menopause, all women are advised to visit a doctor for routine checkups. A doctor's appointment is usually held at least once every six months, and is also accompanied by such procedures as:
- Adjustment of previously prescribed drugs.
- Adjustment of diet, based on the needs of women.
Regular visits to the doctor will help the woman in the early stages to diagnose any pathology of the mammary glands and to engage in timely treatment.
This is especially important in relation to such a dangerous disease like cancer. It is he most often affects women in menopause and is the greatest danger of all diseases of the mammary glands.
Chest pain during menopause: norm or pathology
Menopause is a natural process in which the decline of sex hormones. The ovaries gradually stop the production of female hormones.
In this regard, irregular periods occur, various gynecological diseases, skin changes occur, the amount of fat mass increases, muscle mass decreases, psycho-emotional disorders appear (depression, irritability, fatigue, weakness).
And if during menopause sore breasts - is this the norm or pathology?
Why hurts chest with menopause
1. The mammary gland is a hormone-dependent organ. During menopause, there is a fluctuation of female sex hormones - estrogen, progesterone and their gradual decline. Female breast responds to this pain, burning, swelling.
Each woman is manifested in different ways, individually. There may be one symptom, or all, in intensity - from barely noticeable manifestations to very strong. Soreness happens in one gland or in both. If the pain is cyclic (it hurts, it does not), it is not concentrated in one place, but is diffuse, there is no particular cause for concern.
As the hormonal storm subsides, the discomfort in the chest will also pass. Although it is worth a doctor, it still seems worthwhile not to miss any illness and be calm about your health. If chest pains with menopause have localization in one place, then a doctor must be shown for sure!
2. Breast soreness in menopause, manifested by lumbago in the nipple, in the muscle area, with a change in body position, during sleep, often associated with osteochondrosis of the spine.
3. With a decrease in hormonal levels, various diseases start to manifest themselves, including those that provoke pain in the breast, for example, diseases of the cardiovascular system.
4. Do you still smoke? Remember, smoking and alcohol not only bring the menopause closer, but can also cause pain in the mammary glands. This is due to the fact that when bad habits are disturbed, the blood supply and oxygen supply to the breast tissue (by the way, this also applies to other organs).
5. Another reason is surgery, injuries of the chest. You have already forgotten about them, but they can remind themselves of sore glands during menopause. Everything is very simple - tissues that were damaged react more strongly to changes in hormonal levels than healthy ones.
6. Calmness ... only calm! Stress is firmly established in our lives and many have learned to deal with them very successfully. But women of menopause, due to hormonal fluctuations, respond to stress much sharper and stronger. Emotional overload violates the chemical reactions in the tissues of the glands, which affects soreness in them.
7. During menopause, the balance of fatty acids is disturbed, which also leads to breast tenderness. Usually the pain is not very strong - aching or pulling.
8. Will I be a mom ?!
It happens that a woman thinks that she has menopause, and in fact is pregnant. This especially happens in the first phase of menopause when a woman stops protecting herself. This shows signs of pregnancy, including swelling, breast tenderness, especially the nipples.
9. CANCER. The first thing that comes to mind most women with the appearance of pain in the mammary gland during menopause - "CAN CAN cancer?"
I want to reassure and rejoice you - in the initial stages, breast cancer does not give pain. It manifests itself only when the stages are neglected, when symptoms of cancer intoxication already appear - weakness, loss of strength, poor appetite, weight loss.
Symptoms such as discharge from the nipple, a change in the shape of the affected breast, etc. may be associated. But if you go to the gynecologist, mammologist every year, do a mammogram, then you should not be afraid.
What can a doctor do
- Examination of the mammary glands, the appointment of mammography
- Painkillers - non-steroidal analgesics, for example, Voltaren, Ibuprofen, Indomethacin, Diclofenac and others
- Soothing preparations - Valerian, Motherwort
- In some cases, the doctor prescribes tamoxifen in small doses or hormone replacement therapy.
- Homeopathic medicines, dietary supplements and herbs - Mastodinon, Remens, Red Brush
Most often, chest pain during menopause is not a cause for concern, but do not delay a visit to the doctor to determine the exact cause. And certainly do not self-medicate so as not to harm yourself. Be healthy!
When menopause sore breasts
A woman at about 45 years old begins a hormonal adjustment in the body - menopause. And this condition is unpleasant, although it is physiological.
It is at this time that the reproductive system begins to fade: menstruation does not occur every month, but once every 2–4 months, and then completely ceases. Pain in the abdomen, back, joints begins to disturb. But more often to the doctor with a complaint that the mammary glands and nipples hurt. Is this the norm or considered a sign of pathology?
During menopause, the hormones responsible for the reproductive system are no longer produced. That is, the sex glands, the pituitary gland no longer synthesize sex steroids and the hormone gonadotropin, due to which egg maturation stops in the ovary. The vegetative system is also undergoing changes along with the genital, bone tissue. As a result, women become very irritable, sleep poorly at night, complain of chills and sweating, dizziness.
Those changes that occur in the mammary gland are acutely felt. As a rule, the following symptoms can be observed:
- Increased sensitivity.
- Nipples swell.
- Gland swelling appears.
- There is a burning sensation.
- There is a feeling of heaviness.
- The mammary glands are sore. Moreover, the pain baking and prolonged occurs much more often than stabbing, acute and short-term.
Breast with menopause hurts the same way as during ovulation, that is, the pain is not constant, but cyclical. But if you didn’t know what PMS is, then painful sensations appear arbitrarily.
Changes in hormonal levels are frequent, but not the only reason that a woman has a chest pain during menopause. Sensitivity is also influenced by their size, insufficient amount of fatty acids in the body. Sometimes pain occurs as a result of hormonal medication.
Why else the mammary glands hurt:
- Problems with the cardiovascular system. Sometimes the pain can be hearty, but it is perceived as if it is the chest that hurts. This is fraught with serious consequences, so if you have symptoms such as a feeling of constriction, rapid heartbeat, then urgently consult a doctor.
- Mastopathy. Often with the onset of menopause, breast tissue begins to grow. If the problem is in the disease, then you will be tormented not only by pain, the eternal companion of inflammatory processes, but also fever. Women who have had menarche at the age of 11 years before have often suffered from the disease, they have given birth to a late first child. The risk group also includes those who were registered with an endocrinologist.
- Osteochondrosis. Many face this disease, especially after menopause.
- Crayfish. In this case, pain is usually the last symptom.
For secondary reasons include:
- Injury in this area. It can be not only a wound, but also a bruise, a hematoma.
- The transfer of infection in the chest, for example, bronchitis, pneumonia.
- Strong stress.
- Surgical intervention.
- Alcohol, smoking.
- Excess weight.
Another likely cause of chest pain is pregnancy. And although many people think that conception is impossible, because during this period hormonal changes occur, in fact, everything is not so. To become pregnant will not work only when the monthly stop altogether.
Breast pain is natural, but it is better to consult a doctor to calm you down. After all, sometimes this can be a sign of a serious problem.
What symptoms should alert:
- Changed skin color and relief on one gland. This may be reddening or darkening of the skin, wrinkling.
- One breast is clearly different in shape from the second.
- Nipples were deformed and changed their color, sometimes mucous, bloody discharges come from the ducts of the gland.
- Such signs of cancer intoxication as low hemoglobin in the blood appeared, appetite decreased, general tiredness was felt.
Frequent fever, which is accompanied by a feeling of chill, should also cause concern.
If you notice changes in the gland that you do not like - make an appointment with a mammologist. He may ask for breast ultrasound, mammography, tumor markers, and based on the results he will make a diagnosis.
If during the period of menopause, pain in the chest, which is not associated with pathological processes, is troubling, then it is not necessarily medication. After all, these feelings are often short-lived and pass on their own. But at the same time, even their appearance can be prevented:
- The bra needs to be selected only by the size, and it is desirable that it be from natural fabric, but not synthetic. You can periodically take it off.
- Try to choose clothes a little loose fit, and not close.
- Take a contrast shower 2-3 times a week.
- A chest massage is recommended. The first few times, let him show the movements of a professional massage therapist, and then do it yourself at home.
- Must be a full night's sleep.
- No need to abandon charging and other moderate physical activity.
- Do not interfere also vitamins A, E, C, B, D.
These measures will also help reduce breast tenderness.
It must be remembered that when menopause food should be full and balanced. We'll have to give up the spicy and spicy dish, fatty. It is desirable to drink less liquids, including coffee and tea.
As a rule, discomfort in the chest during menopause quickly pass. But if you are tormented by frequent severe pain, then you should not endure it. For such situations, there is a special treatment with painkillers.
What is the drug treatment:
- Severe pains are removed with the help of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in pills. This may be Nimesulide, Diclofenac or Ibuprofen. Even Paracetamol is effective.
- If necessary, prescribed phytoestrogens (it can be Cyclodinone, Mastodinon) or oral contraceptives.
- Since stress is also a cause of pain, sometimes a sedative treatment is recommended: valerian extract, Tamoxifen, or Motherwort Forte.
Do not forget about folk remedies. In such a situation, phytoestrogens (alfalfa and lentils, barley and oats, soybeans, rice, flax), anti-estrogenic herbs (hemlock and black root, bullock and sparrower, blush and comfrey) help. You can also try fish oil, evening primrose oil or evening primrose. But before applying any means, talk to your doctor.
Although the chest often suffers during menopause due to hormonal changes, one cannot exclude various diseases from the list of causes. Therefore, it is better to consult a doctor once again. After all, timely diagnosis and treatment will help to avoid serious consequences. This is especially true of oncology.
Often the reason why the chest hurts is mastopathy. This disease is characterized by a pathological proliferation of its tissue, which causes the formation of seals (benign tumors).
There are several types of mastopathy:
- Diffuse In this case, there are no nodes, but there is a uniform growth of either fibrous (fibrosis) or glandular tissue (adenosis). However, a mixed form is possible, that is, fibroadenous diffuse.
- The nodal form develops in the absence of diffuse treatment. In this case, fibrosis nodes (typically fibrous cystic forms) or cysts (cystic) appear in the tissue.
At an early stage, the treatment of mastopathy is quite effective, while its absence provides an opportunity to develop breast cancer.
There are a lot of factors provoking the development of mastopathy. But we can say that the fundamental is a change in hormonal levels. That is why most often the disease is diagnosed during menopause.
The main symptoms of mastopathy:
- On palpation, there are small seals.
- Soreness The pain is localized in different parts of the gland, sometimes gives to the shoulder. It can be both aching and shooting, oppressive, dull. This symptom does not appear at the initial stage of the disease.
- Discharge from the nipple. Not every woman appears. Characteristic of cystic mastopathy
Symptoms of mastopathy are often pronounced, and therefore the doctor may even suspect the disease during the examination. But nevertheless, for making a diagnosis, the doctor necessarily needs the results of the analysis of urine, blood, lipidogram, kidney performance. To choose the right treatment is determined by the number of female sex hormones. Be sure to send a mammogram.
Ultrasound can be done for diagnosis, but it is less effective mammography. During the examination it is impossible to see the processes that occur deep in the retromamar space or behind the areola.
Effective treatment of mastopathy can be selected only by a doctor. It can be both drug hormone therapy, and non-drug. The goal is to normalize the immune system and hormonal levels, restore metabolism.
- Preparations with gestagens: Progesterone, Utrozhestan, Duphaston.
- Hormonal: Novinet, Mersilon, Janine, Femoston, Regulon.
- Estrogen production is suppressed with Lynestrinol, Norgestel, Danazol (testosterone medication) or with anti-estrogens such as Toremifene and Tamoxifen.
- With a large amount of prolactin, treatment with Bromocriptine, Abergin, Parlodel is effective.
- Vitamins: Pyridoxine, Tocopherol, folic acid with ascorbic acid, Retinol.
Many people with menopause are prescribed Livial - it regulates the amount of androgens, sex hormones. In addition, the drug is able to get rid of the unpleasant symptoms of menopausal syndrome.
It is equally important to observe the dosage of drugs, because the error can increase the signs of menopause, as well as lead to the growth of breast tissue.
To homeopathic remedies include Klimadinon and Mastodinon. Traditional medicine advises tincture of walnut shells, juice from aloe leaves or honey with linseed oil for a compress, herbal decoctions.
For the treatment of no less important and lifestyle. A special diet is needed, an 8–9-hour night's sleep, a mode of rest and work should be established.
There are several alternative medicine methods that help with mastalgia. Травы и добавки из них наиболее популярны, хотя можно использовать акупунктуру, массаж, гомеопатию и гипноз.Women prefer herbs. In the case of herbal supplements, there are two types of herbs that are used in treating chest pain: phytoestrogens and anti-estrogen herbs. Phytoestrogens (flax, rice, soybeans, lentils, oats, barley, alfalfa) are similar in effect to estrogen. These herbs should be used first, introducing them into the body. However, the independent production of estrogen by the woman’s body may be impaired.
Anti-estrogenic herbs do not contain hormonal substances. They act on the pituitary and endocrine gland cells, forcing them to produce hormones in the required dosage with better quality. This concerns not only estradiol, but also progesterone with testosterone. Anti-estrogenic herbs (comfrey, sparrower, cowhide, blush, black root, hemlock) can be considered safe, of course, when the body is capable of producing its own hormones.
In Europe, evening primrose oil, fish oil, and evening primrose oil are recommended for treating chest pain.
Sometimes doctors prescribe small doses of tamoxifen for 3-6 months to treat chest pain or hormone replacement therapy (HRT). But, unfortunately, this may be the cause of some types of cancer, heart disease, and blood vessels. Nonsteroidal analgesics are also used: ponstan, voltaren, indomethacin and others.
All three levels of treatment can be used depending on the duration and severity of complaints.
So, medicine has plenty of funds. There is, than to treat the breasts. But answer yourself, is it really a concern? Suspiciousness or holy "faith in television advertising" is not a reason to drink pills.
Author: Alla Garkusha, gynecologist
Diagnosis of breast pain
If your chest hurts during menopause, it is recommended to contact a mammologist. It is necessary to exclude pathologies, diagnose problems in time and prescribe the correct therapy. The examination includes examination and palpation of the mammary glands. The doctor assesses the presence of seals, symmetry, shape and color. Ultrasound allows you to see the structure of tissues and blood vessels, and mammography shows the pathology. If necessary, biopsy and hormone tests can be prescribed.
The specialist may assign additional procedures. For example, if pregnancy is suspected, a pelvic ultrasound may be required. Consultations with other specialists are possible if there are acute or chronic diseases of organs and body systems.
Based on the results of the examination, therapy is prescribed. Often the doctor recommends hormone replacement. In some cases, sedatives are sufficient, while others require surgery. During this period, the risk of developing tumors that pose a threat to the patient's life increases.
Breast swelling in menopause in most cases is a variant of the norm, but in the event that any disease is detected, treatment should be started immediately. It is important to remember that only a doctor can correctly diagnose the disease, determine the causes of the pathology and prescribe adequate treatment. Pain can be reduced by adjusting the diet and lifestyle, or taking medications.
Dietary change during menopause
The diet needs to be reconsidered, having excluded fat food, preservation. From salt it is desirable to refuse at all. It is necessary to limit the use of alcohol and coffee. The diet should contain natural diuretics, as well as fiber. This substance is contained in parsley, cucumbers, legumes, cereals, raspberries. Be sure to take a complex of vitamins, which is designed specifically for women during menopause. A change in nutrition can reduce pain by 20%.
Recommended Drug Therapy
Depending on the general health of the woman and the severity of the symptoms of menopause, medications may be prescribed. First of all, these are special vitamin complexes that promote the ingestion of nutrients in the required amount. Often prescribed sedatives, herbal tinctures, in some cases, antidepressants are shown. Analgesics may be recommended for urgent mastitis care.
Other common symptoms of menopause
How does menopause begin in women? Symptoms that occur in the majority of the weaker sex during this period are as follows:
- dry mucous membranes
- reduction of vaginal discharge,
- mood swings
- memory impairment.
You can delay the onset of menopause if you consult a doctor in time and regularly take hormone replacement drugs.
Climax or pathology: pain in the chest after forty
The onset of menopause, the initial stage of which is sometimes delayed by 5–10 years, is a difficult time for many women in emotional and physiological aspects. In addition to the tendency to depression, decrease in self-esteem, change of mood towards negative, a woman in the period of menopause feels many unpleasant symptoms: sweating, hot flashes, discomfort in sexual life. Often when menopause sore breasts, sensations are often scary, suggestive of dangerous diseases.
Chest begins to hurt due to changes occurring during menopause in the body of each woman. This is a completely natural reaction, which does not always indicate a disease.
But still the pain in the mammary gland in the menopause should be a signal. Women after the age of forty should consult a specialist - to exclude the onset of cancer.
Any pain in the chest, changes in the structure of tissues are called mastodynia. These symptoms appear with certain changes in the hormonal background. Frequent pain in the mammary glands during ovulation, in the run-up to menstruation, tenderness and breast augmentation occurs on the background of gestation, when milk is produced while feeding the baby. All these changes, like climacteric pain in the chest, are explained by bursts of hormonal background in the woman’s body.
The question of whether the breast hurts during menopause due to hormones or is it a dangerous symptom of pathology is visited by many older women who are aware that their reproductive abilities are moving in the direction of diminishing and attenuation. It is the reduction in the number of estrogens in the body that causes pain in the chest: the mammary glands begin to shrink, as if shrinking, and swelling occurs in the tissues. It is he who becomes the cause of chest pain during menopause.
Soreness of the mammary glands during menopause may occur due to a bright imbalance in the content of some hormones in relation to others. Therefore, a woman in the first stage of menopause feels bad, she is plagued by discomfort, including her chest glands. There is pronounced discomfort in the chest, there is a burning or tingling sensation. Such an organism's response to menopausal imbalance, such as swelling of the glands due to a failure in the balance of fatty acids, may also occur. For the same reason, women sometimes notice that their nipples hurt badly with menopause.
But there are other causes of breast changes: an increase or decrease in the mammary glands, they can begin to grow, tingling inside is fixed. If these are not hormones, then why do these frightening changes occur during menopause?
In the period of the beginning of menopause in a woman’s body, a number of different processes are launched that can trigger the progression of already existing diseases, and this is a good cause for concern.
Against the background of the appearance of such symptoms are often diagnosed:
- Heart disease, which is accompanied by pressure in the chest, tingling, tachycardia, difficulty breathing, burning in the chest. These symptoms have nothing to do with pain in the mammary glands due to menopause. Such signs should force a woman to see a doctor.
- Osteoporosis and osteochondrosis. Menopause provokes a lack of hormones necessary for bone tissue, its destruction rate increases. With the progression of these diseases begins to hurt the chest.
- Mastopathy, expressed in improper tissue proliferation. It occurs during menopause or outside of this period.
- Mastitis is an inflammation of the breast. Accompanied by fever.
Climacteric pain: symptoms
It is easy to distinguish chest pain during menopause from other similar states of pain in the mammary glands, because menopausal pains are not strong, they are not very pronounced.
During menopause, breasts can:
- increase, swell and swell,
- become more sensitive, especially in the nipple area,
- feel heavy like swelling
- whining and even burning for a long time
- to hurt when moving, in a dream, to prick.
When a cyst or tumor develops, the mammary glands behave differently than during menopause, and these symptoms do not cause discomfort to all women, as a small amount of time lasts. Of course, it happens that the hormonal background is so unstable, the woman constantly suffers similar manifestations of menopause, even from simple movements or touches. This can disrupt the sexual life and significantly disrupt the emotional state of a woman.
Dangerous signals of pathology
To guard a woman should not pain spread all over her chest, but localized, in a particular place, since this type of pain is often a symptom of cancer. Still, when pain in the chest glands can not rely only on their own feelings.
Therefore, despite the intensity of painful sensations in the breast, a woman must consult a specialist during menopause and undergo examination in order to rule out possible pathologies that are not related to menopause. For this mammography is performed. The study will show whether there are any changes in the tissues of the breast, such as tumors or cysts.
When they reach the age of forty, women are recommended to examine their breasts annually in order to diagnose neoplasms in time. In addition to the painful sensations, the disease is indicated by:
- External changes of the breast: the skin reddens, darkens, shrinks.
- Changes in the shape of one of the glands: one breast may increase or decrease, look deformed.
- Deformation of the nipples: color, appearance.
- The appearance of any discharge from the nipples.
These disturbing symptoms are often accompanied by fever, frequent chills. Such signs as dizziness, anemia, nausea, difficulty breathing, lack of appetite, weakness, vomiting clearly indicate oncology on the background of breast pain. These are symptoms of intoxication, which appears on the background of breast cancer. The same symptoms are accompanied by a pre-infarction condition, therefore it is necessary to immediately call emergency care.
In menopause, breast diseases often go along with another pathology (uterine fibroids, endometrial hyperplastic process). In this situation, consultation of the gynecologist is necessary.
There is a solution: some tips
If, when going to a doctor, the reason why the breast glands hurt, is called menopause, then the woman is prescribed a course of therapy to alleviate this condition and relieve discomfort. Often, these are hormonal drugs that reduce pain, but at the same time negatively affect the body, causing harm.
There are alternatives to hormone treatment that are less detrimental to the health of the weaker sex. When periodic, discomforting pain of the mammary glands should try a few simple solutions to alleviate the condition:
- use a contrasting, short in time, shower,
- wear spacious underwear, and only from natural textiles,
- if possible, replace the bra with T-shirts or tight tops,
- review diet: useful greens, legumes, avocados, raspberries,
- consume less fat and salt, alcohol and coffee,
- give up bitter and pungent in daily nutrition,
- do an independent massage of the mammary glands or attend sessions with a professional massage therapist,
- use acupuncture, homeopathy,
- limit yourself to the use of fluids: do not drink more than the norm that is needed on the day
- enter into the diet broths of nettle, burdock, oregano,
- adjust mode, lifestyle, adding daily walks.
Take medication on the advice of a doctor should with intense, severe pain that can not be removed in other ways. It may be:
- Ibuprofen, Diclofenac (nonsteroidal drugs),
- Mastodinon (phytoestrogens),
- oral contraceptives.
The doctor will prescribe hormonal therapy only if there are other symptoms of menopause, which, together with chest pain, strongly affect the condition of the woman. But this is quite a rare phenomenon, and pain in the chest during menopause, with due regard to this issue, will not interfere with an active and interesting life.
Provocative factors for the appearance of pain in the breast
Chest pain during menopause
As already noted, the main cause of pain in the breast during menopause is hormone imbalance, but there is still a fairly large list of factors that can lead to the appearance of similar sensations, it can be:
- lack of fatty acids in the body,
- hormonal drugs,
- violation of the functioning of the cardiovascular system (quite often women are worried about pain in the heart, but it is taken for chest pain, this pathological condition can cause the formation of very unpleasant consequences, so it requires the obligatory treatment for medical help)
- mastopathy (quite often the onset of climacteric period is accompanied by the proliferation of breast tissue, this pathological condition is also accompanied by an increase in body temperature),
- osteochondrosis, this disease affects a large number of women who are faced with menopause,
- malignant neoplasms, however, it should be noted that pain in this situation is the last symptom.
Mastopathy may be of concern to women who have a history of endocrinological disorders.
The secondary reasons are:
- injuries and bruises,
- infectious processes that are localized in the chest,
- stressful overload
- operative intervention
- bad habits, especially smoking and drinking alcohol,
The cause of pain can also be pregnancy during menopause. On this occasion, there may be denying remarks, because many believe that it is impossible to get pregnant at this time. But in fact, this is not at all the case; pregnancy is possible only in the case of a complete cessation of menstruation.
Do I need to consult a doctor during this period
Appeal to the doctor mammologist
Many women complain that they have breast cancer during menopause. It is necessary to focus on the fact that pain in this period is considered to be quite normal, but the best option would still be to consult a doctor for advice and exclude the possible presence of other pathological conditions that pose a danger to health and life.
The list of symptoms that should cause anxiety include:
- discoloration and relief of the skin of one of the mammary glands, darkening or wrinkling,
- the difference of one breast from another in form
- deformation of the nipples and change their color,
- the emergence of pathological secretions from the mammary glands, which may have a slimy or bloody nature,
- the appearance of symptoms of intoxication, especially in the morning hours (this may manifest as a worsening of appetite, a feeling of general fatigue, a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood),
- increase in body temperature, accompanied by chills.
If at least one of the listed symptoms appears, it is imperative to consult a mammologist, who may offer to undergo:
- Breast ultrasound,
- tests for tumor markers.
And only after this, having assessed the clinical picture, the appearance of the mammary glands and the results of the examinations, the doctor will be able to make a diagnosis and, if necessary, prescribe a therapeutic therapy.
If during the climacteric period the mammary glands start to hurt and this has no connection with the diseases, then in this case there is no need to prescribe a medical treatment. This is explained by the fact that these sensations are short-term course and disappear without help. However, to alleviate your condition, as well as to prevent the appearance of pain, you must follow these simple rules:
- the bra should be of an appropriate size made from natural fabrics, from time to time it can be removed,
- you should try to wear loose clothes
- take a douche several times a week
- do self-breast massage,
- observe the regime of work and rest,
- do moderate exercise regularly
- use vitamin-mineral complexes containing in their composition vitamins A, E, C, B, D.
Использование перечисленных мер на практике поможет снизить интенсивность боли в груди. Особого внимания при климаксе требует также и питание, оно должно быть сбалансированным и полноценным. Необходимо стараться не употреблять острых и жирных блюд, а также ограничить количество потребленной за сутки жидкости, особенно чая и кофе.
Elimination of the pathological symptom through the use of drugs
If chest pains during menopause is extremely intense, and the measures listed above do not help, then in this case it is recommended to carry out treatment with the use of drugs with an anesthetic effect.
The essence of drug treatment is:
- the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that help eliminate pain, namely Nimesulide, Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, and even Paracetamol,
- taking phytoestrogens (cyclodinone, mastodinone) or oral contraceptives,
- use of sedatives (valerian extract, Tamoxifen, Canine Heart), because stress can also be the cause of pain.
The use of funds from popular sources
Folk remedies also have a fairly good effect. The best reviews have received such phytoestrogens as:
Herbs with anti-estrogenic effect are widely used, namely:
You can also use fish oil, evening primrose oil or evening primrose.
Pay attention, regardless of the chosen method of treatment, it is necessary to consult a doctor before starting it.
Summarizing the above information, it should be noted that, despite the fact that chest pain is a frequent symptom of menopause, when it appears, it is necessary to consult a doctor, because it will avoid the formation of serious consequences, especially malignant tumors.
Now you have information about whether the chest hurts during menopause and what to do if this pathological symptom appears.
What explanations to chest pains are given by a doctor?
The breast itself and its functions are directly dependent on hormones. It is thanks to them that as a teenager she begins to grow and develop. When a girl matures, the hormones begin to be responsible for the reproductive function in her body. Thanks to them, during the period of motherhood, milk is secreted from the breast.
However, it also happens that during the period of menopause, a woman increasingly notices pain in the mammary gland. Of course, in menopause, a whole storm of changes occurs with the body of a beautiful lady, and they are connected precisely with hormones. Of course, it will affect the mammary glands. Every woman treats these changes differently. Someone experiencing severe chest pain, which significantly interferes with the normal and habitual way of life, and someone may completely ignore it, even if it is.
In any case, if there is pain in the mammary glands, approximately the same as before menstruation, then this indicates that there is a hormonal imbalance in everything.
Why else in menopause can hurt the chest?
Chest pain during menopause can be caused not only by hormonal causes, but also by quite serious and dangerous illnesses. In addition to the very feeling of pain, one should try to analyze what character it is.
Pains are pulling, cutting, aching, bursting and many others. Does the chest hurt constantly or at some specific points: during sports, at night, when you touch it? Is there any burning, stinging, or any other associated symptoms? Does it hurt more often in the right or left chest? If you show the doctor the picture of your illness most completely, then it will be much easier to diagnose him. In addition to directly climacteric causes, chest pains in women can occur for a number of the following reasons:
- Changing the components of the breast. The main part of the breast is adipose tissue. With age, she undergoes changes, and the woman's body can react to it with pain. But such pain usually does not particularly prevent a woman to exist, as she is aching, weak.
- During menopause, malfunctions of the cardiovascular system and bone skeleton occur. Sometimes the pain due to these ailments can be in the chest area, but the chest itself is completely healthy.
- As mentioned above, during menopause, the level of sex hormones estrogen either rises or falls. Because of this, the emotional state of a woman is very unstable, and can often change for no apparent reason. The ladies of menopausal age often notice that they become more tearful, touchy, withdrawn, they begin to experience personal problems more acutely, they are more susceptible to stress. Such states are reflected in the cells of the body, on the chemical reactions occurring in it. Because of this, it can ache a little chest.
- Immerse yourself in your past and remember if you have had any surgery or surgery on your chest? Maybe once you fell very badly, or in some other way damaged your chest? Let it be a very long time ago, even in childhood. Damaged tissue is much more sensitive to menopausal changes than healthy ones.
- Closer to menopausal age, medications become a constant female companion, without which sometimes it is simply impossible to live. Well, if they are used with the prescription of a doctor, and exactly in those doses that he appointed. But it also happens that the correct medication leads to some negative reaction from the female body, one of these reactions is the feeling of pain in the chest.
- Millions of times have been said that bad habits, and especially the addiction to alcohol and smoking, do not lead to anything good. As for this problem, because of bad habits, the vessels are blocked, there is not enough blood in the mammary gland, which is why the body signals with pain that something is wrong. So do not be surprised that the smoking and drinking ladies periodically have a chest.
- Paradoxical as it may sound, but if the nipples hurt during menopause, you need to go to the pharmacy and buy a pregnancy test. The arrival of menopause does not mean that a woman can not automatically become pregnant. This is quite possible, especially when the monthly have not stopped, and the nipples and strive to swell at any touch.
- Mastopathy. This disease can be both in the reproductive age and in the age of menopause. All because of sex hormones estrogen. The disease arises from their excess and is characterized by redness and pain in the area of the mammary gland.
- So, chest pains in menopause can also indicate such a terrible disease, like cancer. It is usually difficult to make such a diagnosis, since the symptoms are far from the rhinestone making themselves felt, and when the disease is found, it is too late to treat it.
- Many girls dream of big breasts, considering it to be incredibly attractive and sexy, and some even go for surgery to increase it. However, those whom nature has awarded with magnificent forms and large breast size do not think so at all. Usually, women with large breasts are much more likely to experience chest pain in menopause. In addition to the mammary glands themselves, the pain is also felt in the back, neck. Sometimes, in order to relieve these pains, the chest has to be surgically reduced - only this can help the woman.
Symptoms that cannot be ignored
In the following cases, you should immediately consult a doctor for qualified help.
- The nipples swell strongly and for no apparent reason.
- Pain is repeatedly experienced in the chest area.
- The chest becomes too sensitive, very sensitive to any changes.
- Pursue the pain of any one species.
- When moving, touching the chest with hands, when putting on clothes, discomfort is experienced.
- The pain is felt even during sleep.
- In addition to pain, there is tingling in the chest.
What if chest pain?
First, you need to seek medical help, go through all the necessary procedures, pass tests. The decision on treatment will be made by the doctor, depending on what diagnosis is made to the patient. Treatment may be medication, folk, surgical.
As for the general recommendations for all women who are faced with such a problem in the age of menopause, they are as follows:
- If you are experiencing any health problems, then this is a signal that it is worth changing something in your lifestyle. That is why be prepared for change.
- Make it a rule to walk every day in the fresh air for at least half an hour. In order not to be bored, get a dog, take your grandchildren or children with you.
- If you have big breasts, then you need to choose a special supporting bra of the highest quality. It must be worn during sports, and just every day when going to work. If you feel comfortable, you can even sleep in it.
- In order to be less exposed to stress and negative emotions, learn to relax. Read the special literature, go to the psychological training devoted to this issue. Moreover, during menopause, new acquaintances, hobbies and hobbies are warmly welcome.
- Try to limit the consumption of fatty foods, and ideally - discard them altogether. The same applies to other foods that are considered “heavy.”
- But what you need to eat is foods with a high content of fiber, and it is contained in raw vegetables and fruits.
- In order not to provoke edema, try to add less salt to food, give up salty fish, salted peanuts, chips and other products that contain salt in large quantities.
- Ask the doctor to prescribe a really good and high-quality multivitamin complex, take it according to the instructions.
- Try to reduce the intake of coffee, and if you decide to drink it periodically, then let it be natural, grain.
- Bad habits need to be eradicated once and for all, if you have not done this before.
Thus, chest pain during menopause is a medically explicable phenomenon. However, it is not at all necessary to relax and stay idle. As mentioned above, the pain in the mammary gland during menopause can indicate very serious disorders in the body, and these same disorders should be immediately started to heal.
Interesting and informative video on the topic:
Breast discomfort can be caused by various causes. Pain also varies in nature, intensity and other symptoms.
In the presence of at least one of these symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor and undergo an appropriate examination:
- aching or nagging pain,
- acute reactions of cutting or stabbing character,
- swelling of tissues
- pains of varying intensity: from quite tolerable but unpleasant sensations to painful and intense,
- burning in chest,
- accompanying symptom - loss or decrease in libido or fever,
- constricted breathing.
Particular attention should be paid to cases where the chest glands ache during menopause and certain manifestations are detected.
Anxiety should cause such symptoms:
- spherical seals in the chest,
- pain in the shoulders or armpits,
- clear or bloody discharge from the chest,
- pain in chest even without touch.
In these cases, the woman should immediately go to the hospital for a thorough examination, since these sensations and chest pain during menopause can conceal conditions that are dangerous for the patient’s life and health.
In case of detection of cancer, treatment in the early stages gives a positive result. That is why every woman should take care of the state of the mammary glands.
Who is more susceptible to breast diseases?
It should be noted that some people are distinguished by a predisposition to certain diseases. This also applies to breast diseases.
At risk are the following categories of women:
- Women who have relatives suffering from these diseases
- If the onset of menstruation is before the age of 12,
- The presence of diseases of the endocrine system,
- Pregnancy after 30 years
- Abortions or miscarriages
- The presence of diabetes or obesity,
- Short period of breastfeeding.
The main causes of chest pain during menopause
One of the main reasons contributing to the unpleasant painful symptoms is the onset of menopause and hormonal changes. At this stage, during menopause, the mammary glands hurt, since changes in the body that are important for the body occur, the balance of hormones that are most important for women's health can change.
A fundamental change in the ratio of estrogen and progesterone contributes to the emergence of unpleasant sensations in the female body. Such hormonal fluctuations can cause the development of certain pathological conditions.
The following can be noted:
The body of each woman individually responds to such fluctuations, unfortunately, the reaction is impossible to predict. Very often, disease and reactivity are inherited. To answer the question of why the mammary glands hurt during menopause, you need to answer to figure out if someone on the female line - mother, grandmother, aunt suffered from these diseases. If the answer is positive, the probability of their occurrence is seventy percent.
Unfortunately, the progression of the disease occurs during menopause. Hormonal imbalance affects the composition of bone tissue, they lose strength and quickly destroyed, which leads to such illnesses as osteoporosis and osteochondrosis.
Infectious disease caused by a similar virus, like chickenpox. The age category most affected by this disease is older persons. This disease can also cause chest pain during menopause.
At first, intolerable local pains appear in various zones, including the chest. After a couple of days, rashes appear, resembling herpes in appearance.
This terrible disease occurs in women of any age. The first sign is the appearance of seals. The shape of the nipple also changes: it bends, bends, or retracts, this is the reason why the chest has climax during menopause.
Every day, the tumor affects new areas of tissue and nerve fibers. As a result, terrible pains appear, then metastases follow. Appealing to doctors at the last stage of the disease is fatal, well, and in the early stages the disease is treatable, as evidenced by real examples.
Strangely enough, banal injuries, hematomas and bruises can also cause situations when the chest has a pain in menopause and not only. Often a woman just forgets about such accidents.
Diseases such as inflammation of the lungs or bronchi, as well as infection of the chest can cause pain in the chest area.
How to relieve symptoms at home
If there are no alarming symptoms yet, however, women should pay particular attention to breast care during menopause.
To reduce the likelihood of disease, it is necessary to resort to the following measures:
- Each woman is obliged to independently examine the breast, palpate with her fingers for the presence of tumors, to examine whether horny skin has formed around the nipples, or if liquid is discharged from them.
- Avoid prolonged contact of this area with hot water, as well as to ensure that the breast is not crushed for a long period.
- You need to carefully consider the choice of clothing and underwear. It is better to purchase high-quality things from natural materials according to size, which do not squeeze this zone.
- The best sleeping position is on the back or side. Lovers sleep on the stomach is better to abandon this habit. By the way, this has a negative effect on the skin condition of the face.
- You can independently learn how to carry out breast massage, at the same time, movements should be neat and sparing.
- A contrast shower helps to cope with unpleasant sensations, and you need to make sure that the water is not too cold.
- Cabbage compress, as well as lotion from Hypericum, chamomile, calendula and other means of traditional medicine will help to cope with discomfort in the chest area.
- The presence of bad habits has a huge impact on the state of the whole organism. It is better to quit smoking, to adjust the diet and lifestyle. Especially useful will be the use of decoctions of hips, motherwort, St. John's wort, oregano. They will strengthen the weak immunity and increase the body's resistance to various infections. The fruits of hawthorn and cranberries are also beneficial for the female body.
When do I need to see a doctor?
Very often, women suffer when their nipples hurt during menopause in the hope of spontaneous healing and do not want to see a doctor.
In which cases the help of professionals is simply necessary:
- If the intensity of pain is constantly increasing.
- If preventive measures do not help and the problem exists for more than one week.
- If the pain is accompanied by such manifestations as vaginal bleeding, fever, loss of consciousness or other reactions.
In these cases, you should seek help immediately.
Также профилактика заболевания заключается в следующем:
- периодический осмотр 1 раз в полгода,
- прием витаминов и специальных препаратов,
- специальная диета,
- подбор правильного белья.
Despite the need for periodic inspection by a professional, every woman should know if her breasts hurt during menopause. Chest pain during menopause is a common phenomenon associated with changes in the body. No need to panic and despair!
In this video, a professor of gynecology will talk about the symptoms of menopause and how to treat chest pain and its other manifestations.
Why does chest ache during menopause?
Painful sensations during the menopausal syndrome are not, in themselves, regarded as a pathology. Does the breast and nipples ache during menopause and during menopause, can they hurt in healthy women? The answer is definitely positive.
The symptom provokes a large-scale restructuring of the body, through which every woman passes at the age of 45-55. In some cases, the process begins earlier, and a small number of women face the signs of aging a little later.
Menopause is accompanied by a prolonged extinction of ovarian function, a sharp reduction, and then a complete suspension of estrogen production. On the background of a developing hormone deficiency, breast problems of the following nature appear:
- swelling of the mammary glands during menopause (the reasons are the same: hormonal instability),
- reduction of glandular tissue
- filling of the formed voids with fatty tissue
- loss of elasticity.
Patients often complain of a feeling of heaviness, discomfort in the area of secondary sexual characteristics. There may be a loss of sensation. Nipples are an erogenous zone, but under the influence of the involution of the mammary glands, they lose this characteristic.
- darkening of the areola,
- the appearance of vegetation around the nipple zone,
- stretch marks
- nipple displacement.
Which of the following is not the norm? Even a completely healthy lady can shrink, swell up, hurt her chest during menopause. All of the above manifestations are not in themselves regarded as a pathology requiring immediate medical attention, a comprehensive diagnosis of the body, or a visit to a mammologist. These are just the consequences of involution of the glands.
Attention! It should be borne in mind that this phase of breast development is the least studied of all. Modern medicine is aware of age and climacteric changes in the secondary sexual characteristics of a woman is much less than the first 5 stages. At the same time, it has been scientifically proven that during menopause the risk of developing cancer tumors increases many times over.
Chest pain during menopause can be caused by non-hormonal adjustment. Possible reasons:
- chest injuries (including those that were postponed many years ago)
- surgical intervention (including plastic),
- hormonal drugs,
- diseases of other organs not related to the reproductive, endocrine system.
Reflected pains are not so rare. Heart diseases, osteochondrosis, vascular diseases can provoke breast tenderness. They are aggravated against the background of menopausal syndrome. In this case, a woman cannot always determine for herself the real source of discomfort: it seems to her that the center of unpleasant sensations is located in the chest, but in reality the reason lies in a completely different organ.
Note! Typical breast tenderness during menopause can aggravate bad habits, a wrong lifestyle, a long absence of intimate relationships.
To avoid an irreparable mistake, to correctly navigate, you must carefully listen to your own body. Determine the type of sensations.
Nature of pain
First, consider the manifestations that are not caused by menopause, but by other states and processes:
- With heart disease there is a squeeze in the chest, burning, tremor. The patient does not have enough air. The inhalation is accompanied by tingling. Sign up should be a cardiologist.
- Osteoporosis. Manifestations are similar to those that occur in the pathologies of the cardiovascular system. Consultation with a local doctor is required. He will determine the further course of diagnosis and therapy.
- Mastopathy. It is not a sentence. A benign education does not pose a significant threat. In this case, the woman experiences pain at rest, when pressed. Often there is a burning sensation.
- Pregnancy. A vascular grid appears, the color of the halo changes. Chest swells, pulls. The nature of the unpleasant manifestations is unique in each individual case. Some patients complain of acute pain. Others are cutting and arching. It should be noted that during menopause, you can get pregnant. Reproductive function fades away gradually, the woman still has a chance to become a mother at the initial stage of the process.
What to do if during menopause disturb pain in the breast
Unpleasant sensations, frequent pain in the chest and nipples associated with menopause.
Due to the constant fluctuations in hormone levels, pain can be divided into:
- cyclicin which there is a constant unpleasant sensation in the breasts and nipples,
- sharpin which there are sharp tingling and stitching in the nipples.
During such painful attacks, a woman may lose sexual desire, feel fatigue. As an option, excessive sweating appears, libido decreases, problems with the urogenital system can occur, frequent pains in the lower abdomen, itching and burning of the genitals due to their dryness, thrush, headaches, nausea, pressure drops and tachycardia are diagnosed.
Why do breasts and nipples hurt? This is a very frequently asked question. And all because the mammary gland undergoes a change in hormone levels. Low estrogen concentration is manifested by painful sensations in the chest.
Causes of pain
A reduced amount of hormones in the body can cause aching chest pains. Sometimes there is a slight tingling in the nipples and around the halo, and occasionally discomfort can cause weakness and general malaise.
Besides, with tides of pain may increase, and in these moments the woman's temperature rises strongly. Since menopause affects the functioning of the mammary gland, the pain is exacerbated, and the pain can become stronger and longer.
Bad habits during menopause also cause pain and can give complications.
Many factors affect the increase in chest pain. It may even be the common cold or various chronic diseases.
Why does a woman's breasts swell
Female organs are fully formed up to 23-25 years. Most medical professionals are confident that any spontaneous breast augmentation is a dangerous sign.
During menopause, the breasts may change size and swell, since increases the growth of adipose tissue. And besides breast growth in women there is a serious weight gainwhich is very difficult to remove due to hormonal disruptions. Usually it is from 5 to 8 kg, and in some women it may be more.
During menopause, an increase in the mammary glands should be taken as normal. The same applies to the nipples, which may be enlarged or slightly swollen.
After the first period of menopause, these symptoms gradually disappear. But doctors say that nipples require special attention. After all, they are subject to Paget's diseasein which a tumor may form on the inflamed area.
This very serious disease requires immediate surgical intervention. Therefore, doctors recommend that in case of menopause timely visit a gynecologist and a mammologist for examination.
When you need a trip to the doctor
For women, it is very important to conduct a systematic examination by a doctor.
Gynecologists say that such examinations should be done 2-3 times a year, and in the presence of various diseases, the doctor prescribes techniques every 2-3 months for monitoring the disease and testing.
Besides, need to monitor the state of the mammary glands, in time to determine the signs of possible diseases caused by changes in the body, such as mastitis. For this, mammologists perform an ultrasound of the breast to make sure that the woman is healthy.
The representatives of the fair sex who have reached menopause (approximately between the ages of 45 and 55) must be observed by a doctor. This is necessary to exclude the possibility of the formation of pathologies, and also the doctor will be able, based on your complaints, to prescribe drugs and painkillers so that menopause is not so painful.
In addition to being examined by a doctor, his examination will be able to save you from possible cancerbecause in the period of menopause hormonal failure in the body can cause the formation of tumors.
When it is necessary to consult a doctor:
- if a changed nipple color,
- if detected bumps and swelling,
- if a enlarged nipples,
- if a decreased appetite.
How to improve the general condition during menopause
During menopause, a woman often feels chest pain, as well as severe itching in the intimate area.
If the chest glands hurt, you can cope with this by applying some effective methods:
- reduce use fatty and fried foods (especially important in the first year of menopause)
- reduce the amount of sweets,
- leave bad habits, exclude alcohol, smoking cigarettes and hookah,
- use more dairy productsthat improve the cardiovascular system. Dairy products also act as an excellent sedative.
- there is low fat boiled meat - it could be chicken, turkey and rabbit,
- if there are no contraindications, you need to engage in active sports. Best run, fitness, swimming.
In addition to an uncomplicated diet, which helps to bring the hormones in order, you need to remember about taking painkillers, treatment with traditional methods, as well as taking phytopreparations.
And although such methods do not eliminate the pain completely, they will be able to improve the general condition, cheer up.
Doctors recommend to take seriously the issue of menopause, to try to improve their condition, not to take health problems for granted. In modern medicine, every year they test new tools and methods that help facilitate this period for women.
How to preserve health and youth during menopause, read also here.
Treatment of folk remedies
Traditional methods also help to relieve pain during menopause.
Here are some useful recipes:
- the main tool is cabbage wrap. It is very easy to use. It is necessary to simply smear the sheet with honey or butter and attach to the chest. You can do such manipulations at night, and only wipe your breasts with a clean napkin in the morning. The result comes after 2-3 applications.
- if the first option does not suit you, you can grind a leaf into a mush and make a compress, which is applied to the chest for 2 hours, wound it with a bandage.
- recommended to do various tinctures and decoctions, which can be cooked from pumpkin or beet.
- if compresses are not suitable, you can make a homemade ointment ground seeds of flax and butter.
- can also wipe the chest calendula oilwhich soothes and relieves inflammation. Oil should be applied to the halos of the nipples in a small amount and leave for several hours.
All folk remedies have their positive effect, but they require regular use for several months. Any of them will not eliminate the symptoms in several applications.
Medicines, various biological supplements and painkillers should be prescribed only by a doctor. It is not recommended to take any drugs yourself.
To eliminate pain in the mammary gland during menopause, you can use different painkillers.
It may be:
The main thing, tell your doctor about taking such drugs.
Experts do not recommend the use of drugs containing antibiotics for a long time, as they may aggravate the situation.
From food additives can be distinguished reception:
- fatty acids
- vitamin E,
- linoleic acid
- vitamin b6.
They will help relieve the inflammatory process, and thereby reduce pain. Such additives can be used if you do not have an increased sensitivity to the main active components.
In addition, you can take medicinal fees based on herbs, for example:
Depending on the condition and level of menopause, the doctor himself may prescribe medications, antibiotics, and may even recommend inpatient treatment.
Climax is a very serious stage in the life of every woman.
With the help of various medications, pain in the chest can be avoided. But it is worth remembering that you need to regularly visit a doctor, as insufficient attention to their health can cause serious problems.
Also read how to do a test for menopause.