The female body is individual, so premenstrual syndromes can vary considerably. For some, this period is marked by hellish pains, vomiting and nausea, while others do not notice any symptoms and easily tolerate menstruation. Symptoms may vary in one woman depending on the ovary in which the egg cell matures. With menstruation, nausea can be the most unpleasant symptom that causes severe discomfort.
Causes of Premenstrual Syndrome
The period of menstruation is a stress for the female body, since a sharp jump in hormones occurs, disrupting the balance between the female and male sex hormones. With menstruation, nausea can be caused by just such an imbalance. In addition to nausea, PMS is often accompanied by increased sensitivity of the mammary glands, pain and bloating, lumbar pain, irritability and headache.
Practically every woman meets with problems of premenstrual syndrome every month. To adequately respond to all its manifestations, it is necessary to know the causes of these or other symptoms.
Why is nausea before menstruation worried? The reasons for its occurrence are associated with an increase in serotonin concentration in the cerebrospinal fluid. Another cause of nausea and vomiting, may be an excessive amount of fluid in the body, as this affects the intracranial pressure, increasing it, causing nausea.
These symptoms may be accompanied by dizziness, pallor, and increased anxiety. This woman’s condition may result in loss of consciousness. If this happens, you must always consult a doctor.
Nausea before menstruation: anatomical causes
In addition to hormonal imbalance and the resulting symptoms, nausea can be caused by the anatomical features of the uterus in the body. So, in some women, the uterus is rejected back, which is different from the norm. That is why before menstruation and during their course, the enlarged organ presses on the nerve spinal roots, causing nausea.
With menstruation, nausea may be accompanied by bloating, discomfort and pain in the lower abdomen and in the lumbar region. All this, together with the imbalance of progesterone and prostaglandins, causes severe discomfort.
Other causes of nausea
Another option is strong physical exertion. The increased size of the uterus during activity exerts a strong pressure on the spine, squeezing the nerve centers.
To avoid nausea, you need to reduce physical activity before menstruation and stop it in the first few days. If there is pain and nausea during menstruation, you need to stop any stress and relax more.
Taking oral contraceptives also causes vomiting and nausea during menstruation. To determine what the problem is in pills, you need to pay attention to the accompanying symptoms, such as severe headaches, excessive sweating and irritability.
When inflammation of the ovaries can vomit occur, which will be accompanied by headache, sensitivity to odors and bloating. There may also be sudden drops in blood pressure, accompanying menstruation, temperature and fever.
Why does pain come?
Normally, the period of menstruation should not bring discomfort to the woman. If before or during menstruation there is severe pain, bloating, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, then three options are possible:
- The presence of inflammatory processes in the reproductive system of women.
- Incorrect positioning of the uterus.
- Underdevelopment of the uterus.
There may also be pain after severe stress or with disorders of the central nervous system. Normal periods, not bringing any sensations, occur only in a small number of women. The rest suffer from premenstrual syndrome and menstruation pain most often due to the large number of stressful situations in everyday life.
When do I need to see a doctor?
There are symptoms that require immediate treatment to a specialist:
- prolonged and aggravated pains in the lower abdomen, accompanied by nausea and vomiting,
- with increased menstrual flow, when they significantly increase the usual rate,
- black periods are also a reason for going to the hospital, since in this case the doctor can diagnose the development of infection or inflammation of the genital organs,
- the appearance of the inflammatory process, accompanied by persistent fever, chills, fever, excessive sweating,
- the presence of infection, characterized by an unpleasant odor, color of discharge, as well as causing severe itching, pain and cramps when urinating.
To have time to eliminate the cause, which can cause dangerous pathologies of the female reproductive system, you need to carefully monitor your health and current condition. The last day of menstruation should be accompanied by insignificant discharge, unpleasant symptoms are not typical for the specified period, therefore, if they exist, it is worth consulting a doctor.
How to cope with nausea
If a woman cannot cope with nausea by means of meditation or relaxation of her body, it is necessary to seek help from a gynecologist, who can determine the root cause of this symptom of the premenstrual period and tell you how to eliminate it. With menstruation, nausea can bring strong inconvenience, disrupting a woman’s habitual rhythm and lifestyle, especially if she is active and energetic.
The simplest way to eliminate nausea is to take antispasmodic drugs and drugs that have anti-inflammatory effects. If there is a hormonal imbalance, the doctor may prescribe a drug treatment that resolves this problem and, accordingly, neutralizes the painful symptoms of the premenstrual syndrome and the menstruation itself.
Prevention of nausea during menstruation
The best option is to prevent the occurrence of unpleasant and uncomfortable symptoms. First of all, before the beginning of the menstrual cycle, it is necessary to normalize the diet, eliminate overeating, eating fatty foods, eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible.
The daily routine also needs to be reviewed. For easier flow of PMS, you need to fully relax and get enough sleep, avoid stressful situations and spend a lot of time outdoors. Slow walking is especially helpful. The more active a woman is in life, the easier her body will carry the menstruation period.
It is important to monitor the nature of the menstrual flow. A change in their color and smell indicates the development of an infection or an inflammatory process. If black menstrual periods are observed, it is necessary to urgently consult a doctor in order to have time to diagnose the existing problem and eliminate it at the initial stage, thereby preventing the development of complex inflammation and other complications.
Normally, dark discharge may be immediately after childbirth or during breastfeeding, all other cases indicate an existing problem.
A woman who regularly undergoes examination by a gynecologist does not have genital infections, leads an active lifestyle and eats properly, tolerates premenstrual syndrome and the period of menstruation much easier, since for her body, accustomed to exercise, it does not present much stress. If PMS is very difficult, you first need to reconsider your lifestyle and try to eliminate all the unnerving factors.
Factors causing nausea before menstruation
What causes nausea before menstruation? The emergence of nausea before the arrival of menstruation may be accompanied by a state of depression and poor health. It is called premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Pain arises in the abdomen.
Sometimes a woman has a thought that this condition can be described as a pregnancy. And also, if there is a delay of menstruation for one or two days.
All of these factors can mean both the onset of pregnancy, and having a deviation:
- fetal death,
- ectopic pregnancy,
- the threat of miscarriage.
A woman needs to find out the causes of the condition and take action. Sometimes the test shows bright stripes, and menstruation still comes. In such a situation, it may mean the threat of miscarriage.
What can mean nausea during menstruation in the absence of pregnancy? In this case, we can talk about hormonal failure. The main reason is the hormones progesterone and estrogen, which are rearranged in the woman’s body before menstruation. This situation can cause fluid retention in the body.
In addition to nausea, the following symptoms occur:
- breast swelling,
- increases in the size of the stomach.
Causes of feeling unwell can occur due to stressful situations, insomnia and fatigue.
What happens during menstruation in a woman's body?
During the entire cycle, the woman's body prepares for fertilization and childbearing. If this does not happen, then progesterone will be halved. At the same time, the production of prostaglandins, which contribute to the occurrence of menstruation, occurs.
The endometrial vessels narrow and the blood supply process decreases. Exfoliate endometrial mucosa, which is released along with blood.
The process takes some time, so the duration of the month is several days, and sometimes a week. From the first day of menstruation, the growth of the new endometrium occurs, and a new cycle begins.
At this time, the woman can observe the following symptoms:
- pain in the lower abdomen, which is caused by a contraction of the uterus,
- temperature rise.
In addition to nausea during menstruation, fever and abdominal pain, a woman can smell an unpleasant smell. This problem is eliminated with special pads. You need to change them every 4 hours.
Nausea during menstruation
Hormonal changes in the body of a woman can cause nausea at the onset of menstruation. During this period, the amount of serotonin in the spine increases, which also causes a similar condition.
Changes occurring in the body are associated with the following symptoms:
The cause of nausea during menstruation may be intracranial pressure.
A woman may feel pain if she has an abnormal location or structure of the uterus. When she is tilted back, the woman feels pain in her back. If it is shifted forward, then there are sharp pains, covering the lower abdomen.
If during menstruation nausea occurs constantly, then experts advise a woman to be tested for hormones. Sometimes it is their imbalance that causes such a problem.
If a woman feels dizzy and nauseous for the first time, then this may be a symptom of pregnancy or gynecological diseases.
The reason for this condition in women can be hormonal drugs. In this case, the following symptoms occur:
- excessive sweating
- mood swings
- pain in the head.
When a woman experiences nausea during menstruation, and the pregnancy test is negative and there are no health problems, a gastrointestinal illness can be a possible cause.
Why do pain and nausea occur during menstruation? The diagnosis of algymenorrhea is made by a specialist if a woman develops abdominal pain, back pain, dizziness and headaches. This happens due to violations of the process of blood flow from the uterus associated with its structure.
Algymenorrhea is primary and secondary. Primary arises due to underdevelopment of the uterus or its improper placement and manifests itself with the onset of menstruation in a girl.
Sometimes the symptoms are mild, and disappear completely after birth.
Causes of nausea before menstruation and during them? If during the menstruation the pain in the head or abdomen, nausea and dizziness is constantly felt, then hormonal treatment may be prescribed. Sometimes women take painkillers regularly to remove these symptoms.
If a reason has been discovered that causes nausea during menstruation, then it is imperative to engage in treatment.
When secondary algimenorrhea women have: adhesions, myoma, endometriosis. These diseases must be treated to reduce the discomfort during menstruation.
Causes of dizziness during menstruation
Dizziness and nausea during menstruation can cause various causes. This can be caused by: low hemoglobin, migraine, stressful situations and changes in blood pressure. According to surveys, 70% of women experience dizziness before menstruation. But this is quite a serious symptom that signals about problems in the body (nervous system, blood vessels).
Vertigo occurs when the balance between the level of female hormones (progesterone and estrogen) is disturbed. Due to the increased level of estrogen, the level of glucose in the blood decreases, puffiness occurs, headaches and dizziness appear.
During menstruation, the woman's body spends hemoglobin to form blood cells, which causes its deficiency. There is a shortfall of oxygen by the brain and, as a result: dizziness, nausea, weakness.
Vertigo is diagnosed in women who have extra pounds, are prone to stressful situations and frequent mood changes.
Ways to deal with unpleasant symptoms
What causes nausea during menstruation? If such factors occur, it is necessary to begin the correct treatment.
If you have a fever, you can get rid of it with Ibuprofen or Paracetamol.
The specialist in such cases may prescribe "Mastodion", which is able to normalize the hormonal background. Sometimes antibiotics are prescribed for treatment.
Women with pain arising during menstruation, take "No-shpu". The drug, which has an antispasmodic effect, effectively relieves negative symptoms.
The main condition for the prevention of nausea during menstruation is the stabilization of the emotional state. Women need to avoid stress and psycho-emotional overload.
To do this is not just due to hormonal fluctuations before the start of menstruation. The solution is simple - the use of sedatives. The specialist must appoint them taking into account the state of the woman herself.
In the period when she is especially bad, I want to eat sweet. You need to pamper your body, despite the calorie content of the product.
Diet with monthly
If nausea occurs during menstruation, then a balanced diet can effectively reduce these symptoms. A woman should eat foods that contain healthy, slowly digestible carbohydrates. These include:
- bread, cereal, pasta,
- fruits vegetables,
- low-calorie dairy products,
From the menu of women, especially before menstruation, it is necessary to exclude:
- fat, spicy, smoked,
- alcohol, coffee,
- sweets, sugar.
Eating food must be fractional. To avoid the occurrence of edema, reduce salt intake.
Physical stress during menstruation
If there is nausea during menstruation, then exercise before they begin is highly recommended by experts.
A close relationship has been observed, which is manifested by the production of endorphins in sports and the mental state of a woman. Physical activity can reduce the appearance of pain during menstruation.
Easy warm-up under a pleasant musical accompaniment and a walk in the fresh air can effectively reduce swelling and mood swings.
How to behave when menstruation
In order for the woman’s well-being not to deteriorate, it is forbidden during the month:
- To lift weights and subject the body to serious physical exertion.
- It is better to refuse to visit the sauna, bath or steam room.
- Do not take alcohol. If you go monthly, nausea does not stop, it can be a sign of pregnancy or illness. Therefore, alcohol can only worsen the condition of women.
- Eating is necessary in a balanced way, including eating more fresh vegetables and fruits.
Nausea, dizziness, headache that occurs during menstruation, are not considered a sign of the normal state of a woman. Therefore, it is necessary to seek help from a specialist, and not to self-medicate.
How are monthly in women - features of the female body
Each woman monitors the regularity of their monthly cycle. "Control" over it carries the cerebral cortex, and "commands" the menstrual hypothalamic-pituitary system (HGS - the union of the pituitary and hypothalamus) , синтезирующая специальные вещества, которые оказывают воздействие на «непосредственных исполнителей» процесса — на матку и яичники.
If the fertilization of the egg has not come, the synthesis of the "pregnancy hormone" is stopped and rejection of the accrued endometrium occurs - this is the menstruation. A normal cycle is considered to be from 23 to 34 days. Any woman knows that the delay in menstruation is primarily associated with the onset of pregnancy.
Why there is a delay in menstruation without pregnancy - we understand the causes and ways to prevent
But the reasons for the lack of menstruation can be different - it can always be a signal of "malfunctions" of the body and a motive for the woman to consult a specialist. What are the most common causes of delayed menstruation besides pregnancy?
It is the most common root cause of cycle violations, it can cause any mental shock:
- lack of sleep and fatigue
- family quarrels,
- trouble at work
During the period of constant stress, the brain “declares a strike” - HGS does not produce hormones that are responsible for menstruation and the biocycle is disturbed. To avoid this, you need to try to relax, less nervous, you may need to consult a psychologist or neuropsychiatrist.
2. Excessive physical activity
It may be the cause of deviations in women whose professional activities are associated with heavy physical labor, as well as in athletes. That is why the "weaker sex" should not engage in power sports and remember that the profession is not in vain, "male and female."
3. Sharp changes in body weight
Adipose tissue is actively involved in the regulation of biochemical processes in the female body and serves as the so-called “depot” for sex hormones. Women's health problems are not only in obesity, but also in excessive thinness - the pursuit of "ideal" weight can deliver a lot of complications. "Sitting" on a diet for all women, it is important to remember that the diet should include all the necessary vitamins, biological and chemical elements. And fasting is not for everyone! Perhaps you should seek advice from a nutritionist.
4. Pathologies of internal organs
There are a number of illnesses that cause hormonal imbalance - this diseases of the thyroid and pancreas, adrenal cortex. Also, a lot of acute and chronic diseases of the genital area can be the cause of violations of the monthly cycle - endometritis, ovarian dysfunction, adnexitis, cancer of the uterus and its appendages. Urogenital infections (trichomoniasis, chlamydia, gonorrhea) can be one of the likely reasons for the absence of menstruation. Violation of the location of the intrauterine device also leads to a delay of menstruation. Eliminate the causes is possible only after a full examination in a hospital and effective treatment.
5. Complications of drug treatment
One of the most important causes of menstrual disorders. Prolonged use of corticosteroids, psychotropic and diuretic drugs, drugs for the treatment of ulcers, tuberculosis, depression can give a number of complications. To solve the problem you need to consult with your doctor about reducing the dosage.
6. Chronic body poisoningbut
It may be voluntary (smoking, excessive drinking or using drugs) or forced (professional activity associated with harmful working conditions). Problems in the body should make a woman think - maybe you need to change jobs or lifestyle.
7. Artificial or natural abortion
Always entails an intensive hormonal adjustment in the female body and trauma to the uterus. If the monthly does not occur a long period - need a consultation gynecologist.
8. Emergency post-coital contraception.
Method of protection from unwanted pregnancy after unprotected sexual intercourse. However, this measure is a "crushing blow" on the ratio between hormones. We must remember this and resort to this method as rarely as possible.
9. Refusal to take hormonal contraceptives
It causes the syndrome of "hyper-inhibition of the ovaries." If a woman took contraceptive drugs for a long period, which “deceived” the pituitary and hypothalamus, forcing them to eliminate ovarian function, then immediately after stopping the intake of synthetic hormones, the body cannot quickly regroup. It is necessary to give him a little "rest" and the full work of the ovaries will be restored.
10. Abrupt change in the rhythm of life (jetlag - jet lag) and climate
Associated with long-haul flights on an airplane, which leads to a change of time zones and the usual rhythm of life, always fraught with great stress for the body. Moreover, it begins in preparation for the rest in “distant countries” - this can have a tremendous impact on the female biocycle. In addition, excessive physical activity, being in the water and in the sun leads to similar consequences. As a rule, monthly renewed after a few weeks.
11. Genetic predisposition
Sometimes periodic deviations can be transmitted to the daughter from the mother. That is why when there are delays, you need to talk about it in the family, It is important for mother to warn the daughter about such hereditary physiological features.
12. Fading of reproductive function (menopause)
After 45 years of age, a climacteric period begins in women, a transition to a new physiological stage. Age-related changes begin in the hypothalamic-pituitary zone, estrogen synthesis decreases, and the number of ovulations results in delayed or absent menstruation. Climax is the period when the delay in menstruation is due to the natural process, it should be treated calmly.
If there is a delay in menstruation, you need to conduct a pregnancy test (the tests are freely sold in the pharmacy chain). If he showed a negative result and there is no deterioration in well-being, you should wait about ten days.
If, in addition to the delay in menstruation, there are abdominal pains, fever, discharge from the genitals - urgently need to seek medical help. With frequent delays of menstruation, you must visit a qualified gynecologist.
Such a precursor of the onset of menstruation, as nausea may occur before the onset of menstruation. Usually it is accompanied by a depressive state, poor health. This condition is called premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Often during this period the stomach hurts, there are pulling sensations.
Often, such sensations evoke the idea that a pregnancy could have occurred, and this feeling is aggravated by a delay of one or several days. This may be true, so do a pregnancy test.
All these signs may indicate not only the normal course of gestation, but also the pathological one:
- Fetal dying,
- Ectopic pregnancy,
- Risk of miscarriage.
In these cases, it is especially important to identify your new condition, and if one of these diagnoses is confirmed, take urgent measures.
There are cases when the test is positive, the strips on it are bright, and menstruation is still there. Sometimes this condition is considered the limit of the norm, but in most cases we are talking about the threat of miscarriage.
But what can mean feeling unwell in the absence of pregnancy?
As a rule, it is his hormonal failure. The main provocateurs of the condition are progesterone and estrogen, which, before the beginning of menstruation, begin to rebuild, and therefore their content in the body changes. This may cause fluid retention in the body.
In addition to being nauseous, other symptoms of hormonal adjustment may also appear:
- Breast swelling,
- The stomach becomes larger, and it is very difficult to “draw in” it.
The causes of poor health can be emotional shock, nervous breakdown, fatigue, insomnia.
During the entire cycle, the female body makes preparations for conceiving and bearing a fetus.
If this does not happen, there is a sharp decrease in progesterone, which had previously been produced twice as much. During this period, the "provocateurs" of menstruation, prostaglandins, are more developed.
There is a gradual narrowing of the vessels of the endometrium, blood circulation processes slow down. The endometrial mucosa is exfoliated and secreted along with the rest of the blood.
This process lasts more than one day, and that is why menstruation lasts from several days to a week. At this time, a new layer of the endometrium is growing and from the first day of bleeding a new cycle begins.
Often, women during menstruation experience such unpleasant feelings:
- Pain in the abdomen, namely in the lower part, in the area of the ovaries. It is associated with uterine contractions,
- Increased temperature.
In addition to the fact that a woman during menstruation feels sick, her temperature rises and her stomach hurts, she also feels an unpleasant smell. This manifestation can be eliminated with the help of special pads and especially personal hygiene.
Pay special attention to the last point. Change the gasket at intervals not exceeding 4 hours, wear linen made of natural fabric.
As in the case of PMS, the onset of menstruation may be sick due to hormonal adjustment.
However, the level of serotonin in the spinal cord increases, which can also cause unpleasant sensations. Another reason - water retention in the body.
All these factors entail other changes that are manifested by such symptoms as:
The cause of all these manifestations is high intracranial pressure.
A woman may experience painful sensations even if the uterus is in the wrong position or structure. If she is tilted back, women note that their back hurts, and if she is bent forward, her stomach hurts more than others have at a normal rate.
In cases where nausea is a constant companion of the onset of menstruation, physicians first recommend testing for hormones. Most likely, it is their imbalance that provokes unpleasant states.
Another thing, when you are faced with the fact that you feel dizzy and nauseous for the first time. This can be both a symptom of pregnancy and a sign of gynecological diseases.
The cause of poor health can be hidden in the intake of hormonal drugs that change the background.
In this case, in addition to the listed symptoms, you can observe:
- Profuse sweating,
- Mood swings,
- Severe headaches.
Faced with the fact that you feel sick during menstruation, the test is negative, your health is all right, and you do not know why this is happening, think about whether something could cause an upset gastrointestinal tract.
This diagnosis is exposed to women who constantly suffer from abdominal pain, dizziness, headaches, unpleasant sensations in the back during menstruation. This happens because of the disruption of blood flow from the uterus, caused by the structural features of the organ.
As a rule, primary algomenorrhea occurs due to uterine hypoplasia (underdevelopment, small size) or its improper placement, and manifests itself from the first menstrual cycles in a young girl.
In some cases, the symptoms of the disease appear very weakly, and after the first birth disappear altogether.
If during menstruation it is constantly nauseous, dizzy, a stomach ache and all these signs cause significant discomfort, hormonal treatment is indicated. In some cases, women simply get used to the unpleasant state and get rid of its symptoms through painkillers.
Nevertheless, in cases where it was possible to identify the disease, which is a provocateur for feeling unwell, it must be treated. Almost every woman suffering from adhesions, endometriosis, fibroids and other ailments, changes the nature of menstruation, their onset and course. In this case, they talk about secondary algomenorrhea. In such diseases treatment is required.
How to overcome unpleasant symptoms?
Anti-inflammatory medications (for example, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol) will allow you to get rid of the increased body temperature.
What to do if during menstruation is constantly sick? As a rule, in this case, doctors prescribe "Mastodinon." This drug is designed specifically for women. It allows not only to overcome the symptoms, but also to normalize the hormonal background. In some situations, additional treatment with antibiotics is indicated.
Often, women cope with poor health with the help of "No-Spa" and here's why. The drug has an antispasmodic effect, so it easily eliminates unpleasant symptoms.
At any time, and especially when a woman feels bad, she wants at least something to give her pleasure. Please yourself with something. For example, if you like sweets, but regular diets prohibit you from eating it, you can safely do it during menstruation.
How to behave during menstruation?
In order not to aggravate your well-being, follow these tips:
- Do not perform heavy physical exercise,
- Refuse to visit the sauna, swimming pool, steam room.
- Try not to take alcohol. If you are sick during your period and you don’t know if it could be a pregnancy or some other disease, alcohol can aggravate your condition,
- Eat only healthy food and eat more fruits and vegetables.
Nausea, dizziness, headaches during menstruation are not a normal condition, so consult your doctor if you experience such signs. Remember that for a woman, menstruation is an indicator of her health.
The main causes of this symptom:
- Taking birth control pills - these drugs provoke hormonal imbalance in the body. Too much hormone concentration can cause nausea or even vomiting.
- Features of the structure of the uterus - nausea before menstruation may be due to the individual characteristics of the structure of the uterus. In some women, it is shifted back, therefore, it has a significant pressure on the nerve centers. This causes severe pain and nausea.
- Hormonal imbalance caused by problems with the thyroid, endocrine system. Especially often sick during menstruating women, in whose body prostaglandins dominate over progesterones.
- Dysmenorrhea is a pathological process of excessive contraction of the muscles of the uterus that occurs during PMS. It is accompanied by nausea, severe pain, poor health, fever. Similar symptoms occur 12-24 hours before the onset of menstruation and appear during the first days (1-2 days). The cause of dysmenorrhea can be physiological (gynecological diseases, in particular endometriosis, inflammation) or psychological factors.
- Severe pain - if a woman feels very strong pain during PMS, it can lead to nausea. In some cases (especially severe) even vomiting is possible during menstruation.
- Stress, anxiety, nervous stress - poor emotional well-being worsens the general condition during menstruation. In the presence of such negative experiences of women often begins to feel sick.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract - if nausea in menstruation occurred for the first time, it is a reason to think about the state of the stomach. Such a symptom often indicates an exacerbation of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. It is during PMS that it can manifest itself because the organism is especially susceptible during this period.
- Increased serotonin levels - if there is a high concentration of serotonin in the spinal cord fluid, this leads to nausea during PMS. This happens because of changes in intracranial pressure.
- Too much fluid in the body - impaired water balance also provokes nausea due to changes in intracranial pressure.
- Excessive physical activity, especially the performance of strength exercises during menstruation.
- Pregnancy - toxicosis appears precisely in the early stages of pregnancy.
Some women after menstruation feel sick. This is mainly due to the presence of problems with the gastrointestinal tract.
Ways to eliminate the symptom
When nausea before menstruation occurred for the first time and this is not a constant symptom, first of all, it is necessary to exclude the probability of pregnancy. To do this, you can make a test or donate blood for hCG (the analysis is carried out in any laboratory).
If a woman constantly or periodically suffers from nausea before menstruation, she should definitely determine the exact cause of this problem. To do this, contact your doctor. You can not tolerate this symptom, because it can signal the presence of very serious health problems. Self-treatment in this situation is unacceptable.
The doctor will be able to pick up medications (painkillers, sedatives, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic) that will help get rid of the symptom. Properly selected treatment will significantly improve the state of health during PMS.
Even before the onset of menstruation, it is better to abandon intense training and strength training. It will be more useful to replace them with less difficult occupations, for example, yoga.
Облегчить протекание месячных позволит правильное питание. В этот период лучше употреблять «легкую» пищу, много фруктов, а также овощей. It is recommended to exclude fatty foods, fried and too spicy dishes from the diet. Completely need to abandon alcoholic beverages (any, even with a slight degree). This will reduce the burden on the body.
Stabilization of the emotional state
Important conditions to prevent PMS nausea, is a normal emotional state. Girls and women should avoid stress, excessive emotional reactions to current events.
This can be difficult, especially in the period of hormonal fluctuations. The way out is to take sedatives. The doctor must prescribe them, taking into account the characteristics of each patient.
To the period of menstruation was normal, there was no nausea before menstruation, you should create the most comfortable conditions for your body. This concerns the physical as well as the mental state.
Nausea with menopause. . The level of hormones is already losing its previous indicators, so the monthly may take place differently than before.
Aversion to odors and morning sickness. . These early signs of pregnancy before menstruation can make themselves felt several times a day.
If there is a weakness and nausea during menstruation, but the woman notes that the discharge is much less than usual.
Weakness during menses, nausea, drowsiness. . Anemia during menstruation. Causes and treatment of headache with menopause.
How to get rid of pain during menstruation. Most women suffer from pain during menstruation. . nausea, vomiting
Monthly pressure | Before menstruation. Weakness during menses, nausea, drowsiness.
If you notice nausea regularly during menstruation, then the reasons may be somewhat more serious:
This feature can create some problems. Why it happens? During menstruation, the uterus expands and begins to put pressure on the nerve endings of the spinal cord. Because of this impact, the girl can feel sick and even vomit.
Immediately after menstruation, this problem disappears, as the uterus returns to its former size.
This can not only provoke nausea, but also cause severe headaches that can lead to loss of consciousness.
The first degree can manifest itself during the first menstruation, and pass only after the birth. The second is a pathology that requires appropriate treatment.
Menstruation nausea is usually tolerable, so it is possible to help yourself on your own. In principle, the same can be said about other monthly inconveniences.
If you have painful periods, feel sick, but do not cause severe discomfort, then an elementary modification of lifestyle can help. It is worth spending more time in the fresh air, and not to eat harmful foods and fast food.
If nausea is very strong and difficult to endure, and additional symptoms are added to this, then a radical solution to the problem is necessary. To choose the right course of treatment, it is necessary to find out what exactly provoked such an organism response.
Symptomatic treatment can be quite produced by homeopathic medicines, sedatives and some other drugs.
Sedatives can be classified as sedatives, which can without special efforts organize a normal emotional state and suppress excessive anxiety. You can use any of them without a doctor's prescription, as they are rather weak:
If you decide to make tinctures from plants yourself, then:
- Examine them carefully, as some are poisonous and cause improper dosage to cause death.
- Follow the clear recipe instructions. The recipe, by the way, choose from trusted sources.
- If there is a suspicion that the medicine you have made is poison, refuse to use it immediately and take no risks.
Pay attention to valerian, it has a cumulative effect, so that she at least somehow helps to take her course, periodically taking a break, and then continuing the treatment.
If you prefer teas made from soothing herbs, then you should drink immediately before bedtime. Consider that some plants have an extremely unpleasant taste and it will simply be impossible to drink broth because of it.
We now turn to homeopathic medicines, they can normalize the hormonal balance itself, here are the most popular ones:
These drugs have no side effects and act extremely gently, so they will never cause unnecessary harm, but you should always remember that nobody canceled the patient’s individual characteristics and the drug may be intolerable. This is rare, but it is better to read the instructions before use.
If you just want to get rid of nausea and are not very interested in what causes it, then medication is what you need. These include:
In addition to getting rid of nausea, they can help get rid of other pains. If you are breastfeeding, you can not take the above medications!
General rules and recommendations
Vomiting during menstruation may not be so terrible if you follow some recommendations and simple rules:
- If you decide to be treated with pills, then this should be an extreme case, when you simply cannot endure the forces. Do not poison yourself once again with various drugs.
- Nausea during menstruation does not come just like that. When they go, there are some changes in the body to find out exactly what you are worried about, you need to consult a gynecologist. He will direct you to tests and conduct an examination. Only after that the correct treatment can be prescribed.
- If suddenly, with nausea and vomiting, the temperature starts to rise, then antipyretic drugs and rest are necessary, it is better to step back from time to time, at least for a couple of days. From drugs can help paracetamol or citramon.
- If a headache joins everything else, then any anesthetics from no-shpy to spazmolgon can help.
- If it is found that an inflammatory process is going on in the body, then it is necessary to see the doctor, he will prescribe antibiotics.
- Menstruation can go very long and painful, so some women regularly take mastodinone during their periods. This extract from the plant (prutnyak), able to normalize hormones.
- Do not strain yourself unnecessarily both morally and physically, the body is already working in an intensive mode, so keep the daily routine, sleep more and walk in the fresh air (at least just ventilate the room).
- Spicy, fatty foods, as well as cigarettes and alcohol must be eliminated from use without even thinking.
So, now you know why stomach sick or vomiting occurs on the first and subsequent days of menstruation, can cause other diseases, and how you can cope with this problem. Therefore, menstruation no longer scare you, nausea and vomiting during menstruation will not be a problem.
Every month, during the period of the onset of menstruation, hormonal changes occur. This happens due to the fact that the organs of the reproductive system during the maturation of the egg and the release of the follicle from the ovary prepare for possible fertilization. For this period, nausea is considered a normal symptom, its appearance is associated with an increased production of prostaglandins - substances that prepare the muscles and blood vessels in the pelvis for possible pregnancy. These compounds have a negative effect on the central nervous system, which causes fatigue, nausea, and possible dizziness.
If a girl feels nauseous every time before the onset of menstruation, she has pain in the abdomen, which gives to the lower back and groin area, with high probability we can say that she has a displacement of the uterus. The incorrect location of the uterus, in which the endometrium layer grows before menstruation, leads to squeezing of the adjacent internal organs, branches of the nerve endings and blood vessels. This pathology is diagnosed in adolescents during puberty.
Other possible causes of the symptom
Vomiting before the start of menstruation may be due to the following factors:
- misuse of contraceptives
- increased serotonin concentration
- violation of hygiene standards for the use of tampons.
Early pregnancy is often accompanied by discharge, which many women take for menstruation.
If the cause of nausea is associated with fertilization of an egg, the following manifestations will be present:
- loss of appetite
- vomiting (mostly in the morning),
- deterioration of the general condition
Another symptom that indicates pregnancy is the nature of discharge, they are scarce, have a brownish tint. If there was a slight delay before the onset of menstruation, a pregnancy test is likely to show a positive result. A frozen pregnancy will be confirmed by a rapid deterioration of the general condition, an increase in body temperature, a decrease in blood pressure, and an admixture of pus will be present in the bleeding.
The wrong choice of hormonal contraceptive pills, due to which the process of production of certain hormones in the reproductive system is disrupted - a factor that quite often provokes nausea. In most cases, gagging before menstruation is observed in the first months of the use of hormonal contraceptives. It is easy to get rid of the unpleasant side effect - just consult a doctor who will prescribe the correct dosage of contraceptive drugs.
Serotonin is a hormone that is produced by the spinal cord, its concentration rises several days before the start of menstruation and leads to fluid retention in the tissues. In addition to nausea, the woman will experience bouts of dizziness, swelling.
When using tampons during menstruation, they need to be changed every 2-4 hours. If we neglect this rule and keep the hygienic in the vagina longer, toxic shock syndrome can occur. It is accompanied by nausea, often vomiting, severe dizziness, loss of strength, fever.
If the pregnancy test is negative, the woman feels chills, cold sweat shows up and her stomach hurts, then it is possible that poor-quality food that provoked the poisoning was the cause of poor health.
How to cope with unpleasant symptoms
If the menstrual cycle is irregular, with the onset of menstruation, nausea is felt - this is the reason for immediate medical attention. One can only get rid of the symptom by knowing what caused it. In addition to treating the root cause, a woman should follow a number of recommendations. Menstruation will be easier if you fully relax, comply with the daily regimen, and engage in moderate exercise.
An important role is played by proper diet, especially during menstruation. It is necessary to refuse from too fat and peppered food, alcohol. Due to hormonal adjustment, water is retained in soft tissues, and the situation will worsen from severe eating, causing the deterioration of the general condition and the appearance of nausea.
Nausea during menstruation- a sign that indicates pathology in the organs of the reproductive system. If this symptom occurs in a girl during her first menstruation, the cause may be an abnormal location of the uterus. Other provoking factors are hormonal disruption, toxic shock syndrome, pregnancy, taking birth control pills. To get rid of discomfort during menstruation can only cure the cause of their appearance. Reception of any medicines is allowed only with the permission of the doctor. Helps to reduce the intensity of the symptom of a healthy lifestyle, the use of vitamins and a balanced diet.
There are several options for deviations in the menstrual cycle:
- Amenorrhea - the complete absence of menstruation.
- Oligomenorrhea - discharge in small quantities.
- Opsomenorrhea is a pathological cycle that exceeds 35 days, while the menstruation itself can go outside the box (for example, once every six months).
What is the need for menstrual flow? Menstrual bleeding occurs at the end of the cycle and is a sign for a woman that egg fertilization has not occurred, there is no pregnancy. And menstruation is evidence that the woman is in reproductive age.
Normally, the cycle lasts from 21 days to 35 days, blood loss is not less than 50 ml and not more than 150 ml. Day 14 is usually the peak of ovulation.
Ovulation is the process of the release of an egg from a torn follicle to fertilize it, and this process takes place during the fertility period in women.
Often during menstruation a woman has:
- nagging pains associated with cramps in the lower abdomen,
- slight increase in temperature
- mood swings
- changes in appetite
- pains in the chest, nipples, in the groin,
- headaches and dizziness,
- general malaise.
To control her cycle, avoid an unwanted pregnancy, or vice versa conceive a child, a woman must keep a calendar where she will mark her cycle from the beginning to the end of each menstruation. But sometimes the cycle can begin with a small delay of menstruation or start earlier, the reasons for this phenomenon are that eggs can not mature at the same time, as well as the instability of the hormonal background.
Causes of delayed menses
Causes of disorders - various changes in the body, which can be accompanied by both pathology and normal deviation:
- Delayed menstruation and pregnancy. If you lead an active sex life, then perhaps the reason is in pregnancy. In this case, you can feel pain in the abdomen, lower back, abdominal distention, a slight increase in temperature, irritability, aversion to tastes, or vice versa addiction to certain products.
- Adolescence. Often the reasons are precisely aged. In girls, occurs at the time of the formation of hormonal background, this is normal and do not panic. But, if there are no monthly periods after 17 years, you should consult a doctor.
- The reasons for this lag can be very serious. In this case, the girl may experience genetic pathologies, developmental delays, short stature, the examination can reveal the absence of a uterus or ovaries, an abnormal location or curvature of the uterus, a split, etc.
Symptoms of delay are often accompanied by:
- pain of a different nature: pulling, cutting, stabbing (what hurts and how often is an important diagnostic criterion),
- increased appetite
- unpleasant secretions
- frequent urination.
The reasons for the delay, as well as the symptoms, may have individual characteristics in different patients. The main variants of the pathology are:
- The delay of menstruation for more than a month, nausea, nagging pain in the lower back and chest, fever, drop in blood pressure, may even darken in the eyes. In this case, you should buy a pregnancy test. His work is based on the determination of the content of the hormone hCG. The test is best done in the morning, before eating, during the first urination and acquire several tests from different manufacturers at once. If the test is positive - you are pregnant, you must contact the antenatal clinic and become registered.
- The delay of menstruation and the absence of pregnancy according to the test results. The test may not show pregnancy for several weeks in rare cases and more. If there is no pregnancy, the absence of menstruation may indicate serious problems on the part of the reproductive system.
Signs of delayed menstruation are not straightforward and you should always consult a doctor for a complete answer. It is necessary to realize that the cause of pain in the lower abdomen does not always indicate a pathology on the part of the genitals.
Diagnosis of causes
- Determining the level of hCG (this hormone begins to be produced in the woman's body after implantation of the embryo) in the blood or urine. Allows you to determine the cause in pregnancy.
- Track the temperature or use special tests to determine ovulation.
- Studies of hormonal background blood tests. Allows you to determine the cause in the pathology of the organs responsible for their production.
- Scraping and bacterial culture. Identifies the cause of a delay in inflammation or genital infection.
- Ultrasound is performed to exclude pathological formations, foci or ectopic pregnancy.
- Magnetic resonance tomography or computed tomography for the detection of neoplasms, pathological structures, their growth, location and influence on neighboring structures.
How to cause monthly during a delay? - The most important question that a woman asks herself and her gynecologist. But such a question cannot be solved independently. The first thing that is needed is the diagnosis by specialists.
After the diagnosis is diagnosed, if the pathology is found, appropriate treatment is prescribed.For example, if it is a tumor, an operation is prescribed, if it is a hormonal problem, then drugs are prescribed to restore the function of the affected organs.
Preparations for hormone therapy in violation of ovarian function:
- Progesterone. Appointed in the form of injections, injected intramuscularly or subcutaneously. The drug is prescribed when a low hormone level is detected.
- Duphaston. Available in pill form. Analogue of contraceptives due to the high content of progesterone, but without protection from unwanted pregnancy.
- Utrozhestan. Available in capsules. Analogue of Duphaston, is prescribed for drug intolerance.
- Postinor in the form of tablets. It is a means of emergency contraception, appointed extremely rarely, during unprotected intercourse during the period of ovulation. After taking the drug can not take alcohol, antibiotics, fried and fatty foods to reduce the negative effect on the liver.
Why do women try to cause menstruation ahead of time:
- Pregnancy. There are many sites where such a method is described as one of getting rid of an unwanted pregnancy. This can not be done. Even if pregnancy is undesirable, contact your gynecologist, determine the time and method of abortion. Otherwise, self-treatment can lead to tragic consequences or terrible complications.
- To change the menstrual cycle. There are moments in the life of a woman when her period should appear at the most unnecessary moment. Such decisions must be taken in conjunction with a gynecologist. It is not recommended to take hot baths, this procedure can lead to heavy bleeding or to an increase in blood pressure. If a girl is in a position and does not know about her pregnancy, she can provoke a miscarriage. At the same time, she will feel that her stomach hurts and blood secretions appear.
- Lengthening the cycle. Women often get scared if the cycle becomes longer or vice versa. The menstrual cycle is not always the same. There is nothing wrong with that.
How to avoid delay in healthy women
Many diseases of the reproductive system begin asymptomatically and for a quick cure it is better to detect them in the early stages. You must comply with planned trips to the gynecologist. You will also need:
- Elimination of the diet or mitigation of its conditions.
- Reduced physical exertion.
- Elimination of stress, appeal to a psychologist and taking sedatives.
With the most common reasons for the lack of monthly acquaintance video:
Menstrual cycle: norm, failures, violations
The menstrual cycle - periodic changes in the woman's body, aimed at the possibility of conception. Its beginning is considered to be the first day of menstruation, the end - the day before the start of a new menstruation.
Monthly come in young women in 10-15 years. After that, it is believed that the body has moved into the phase of the ability to conceive and carry out a child. Menstruation lasts up to 46-52 years. Then comes the reduction of their duration and the amount of blood released during this process.
The duration of the normal menstrual cycle is from 28 to 35 days. Its duration and the amount of discharge depends on the mental and physical state of the woman. Failures and irregular menstruation can be caused by many reasons:
- pregnancy (uterine and ectopic) and lactation,
- hormonal fluctuations in adolescence and adulthood, or against the background of taking hormonal drugs,
- by stress
- a disease
- Acceptance or cancellation of medicines.
For reference. A prolonged delay or absence of menstruation is called amenorrhea. It is secondary (acquired) or primary.
What is considered a delay?
The delay of the menstrual cycle, caused by one reason or another, sometimes happens in most women. Under the delay means deviations from the normal menstrual cycle for 10 days or more.
For reference. Each woman 1-2 times a year, there is a slight monthly delay.
Why is the delay of menstruation:
As already noted, delayed menstruation occurs for a variety of reasons. The reasons can be both physiological (diseases, stress) and natural (adolescence, pregnancy, lactation, menopause). Some reasons may be combined, causing difficulties in diagnosis. Consider the factors causing the delay in more detail.
During the entire period of carrying a child, a woman usually does not have menstruation. After birth, the recovery cycle occurs in different ways - it all depends on the individual characteristics of the female body. Elevated levels of the hormone prolactin when feeding a baby can prevent the onset of egg production. For this reason, during lactation, women do not have menstruation.
Important. Lack of periods does not mean that a woman cannot become pregnant.
- ectopic pregnancy
Ectopic pregnancy differs from uterine in that the fertilized egg is attached outside the uterus. However, the hormone progesterone, which inhibits the menstrual cycle, is produced in the same way as during normal pregnancy. Therefore, it is extremely important for a woman to monitor the fluctuations of her cycle. With the slightest delay, she needs to exclude the possibility of ectopic pregnancy, which almost always has an unfavorable outcome.
Delay in adolescence should not cause concern. She is due to the fact that the hormonal background of a teenage girl is still unstable. After the hormone levels return to normal, the cycle will become more sustainable.
Important. If 2 years after the first regulations (otherwise they are called “menarche”) the cycle has not yet been established, the adolescent should consult a doctor.
- approaching menopause
Rare non-permanent menstruation after 40 years may be precursors of premenopause (the initial stage of menopause). The main reason for the delay of menstruation during menopause is a change in the hormonal background of the woman. Involutionary processes (reverse processes, or aging processes) occurring in the hypothalamus, contribute to the gradual decrease in the level of sensitivity of this part of the pituitary to estrogenic effects in the body.
What does nausea during menstruation mean and how to eliminate malaise
During menstruation, women usually feel a little worse than usual. Gynecologists and articles on the forums claim that the symptoms of critical days are manifested in different ways. While one patient does not feel any discomfort at all, the other has cramps in the lower abdomen, dizziness and nausea during menstruation.
Enhanced prostaglandin production
Menstruation triggers hormonal changes in the body. During critical days, prostaglandin levels increase. Substance is unstable. It affects the work of the heart, blood vessels and muscles. A woman feels tension in the muscles, suffers from bleeding disorders.
Prostaglandins have a negative effect on the uterus, which causes spasms and pain. Discomfort can be mild or acute. The biological substance also affects the nervous system and the digestive tract organs. Nausea during menstruation is caused by a decrease in the production of juice in the stomach with parallel consumption of salty or spicy foods.
Changing the position of the uterus
If the organ moves back, the nerves are pinched. The woman has nausea and vomiting during menstruation. Reguli are also accompanied by abdominal cramps and pain in the lumbar spine.
At this time, it is advisable to refrain from physical activities. The displacement of the uterus adversely affects the flow of menstruation in women and girls who have not yet given birth. An organ deformity can also cause nausea. If you feel sick during your period, you can not exclude a possible pregnancy. In such a situation, critical days are false. In addition to the usual bloody discharge, a woman will suffer from general lethargy and vomiting. Pregnancy suspicion occurs with severe and severe nausea. Patients for whom the symptom was not previously characteristic should be especially wary. The best way to exclude or confirm the probability of conceiving a child is to make a test or check the level of progesterone. Vomiting during menstruation, abdominal cramps and general feeling of discomfort should alert the woman. Before you go to the doctor, you should try to normalize well-being:
When nausea indicates pregnancy
Treatment of nausea during menstruation
If you feel sick during your period, you can not exclude a possible pregnancy. In such a situation, critical days are false. In addition to the usual bloody discharge, a woman will suffer from general lethargy and vomiting.
Pregnancy suspicion occurs with severe and severe nausea. Patients for whom the symptom was not previously characteristic should be especially wary.
The best way to exclude or confirm the probability of conceiving a child is to make a test or check the level of progesterone.
Vomiting during menstruation, abdominal cramps and general feeling of discomfort should alert the woman. Before you go to the doctor, you should try to normalize well-being:
In case of nausea before critical days, you need to consult a doctor, undergo diagnosis and determine the cause of discomfort. The examination is carried out by a gynecologist, a neuropathologist and an endocrinologist. Drugs are prescribed after diagnosis.
To drug therapy should be treated with special care. It is forbidden to engage in self. Only prescribed drugs are taken. Otherwise, the risk of deteriorating women's health rises.
Manifestations of nausea and vomiting during menstruation on the first day, as well as abdominal pain, are eliminated with the help of the following medications:
- Metoclopramide. The action of the drug is based on the inhibition of serotonin-type receptors. The drug has an antiemetic effect, relieves pain in the head and abdomen.
- Ibuprofen It is an agent with anti-inflammatory effect. It knocks the temperature and fights spasms. Stops prostanlandin production.
- Drotaverine. Relaxes tight muscles, improves blood circulation and lowers blood pressure.
If the cause of the pathological condition is associated with hormonal disruptions, the doctor may prescribe the appropriate medication. Often, doctors prescribe homeopathic medicines with healing herbs as part of:
- Remens. Form release - capsules, drops. Suppresses menstrual pain, controls the release of blood, eliminates discomfort during PMS.
- Vitocaine. Dosage form - drops. Designed to normalize the concentration of hormones in the body, increase protective functions, eliminate tumors. Effective in pathologies of inflammatory nature and mastopathy.
- Mastodinon. Positively influences the patient's condition during PMS, relieves pain and nausea, reduces prolactin synthesis, promotes hormone balance.
To help a woman maintain a stable emotional background when her periods have gone, and to avoid stress, the following drugs are prescribed for sedation:
- Motherwort. It has a calming effect, relieves insomnia. Not addictive.
- Valerian. The effect of the funds - sedative and antispasmodic. Calms, reduces the pulse, helps to normalize blood circulation, has a good effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Persen. It has a sedative effect, helps get rid of spasms. Positive effect on the nervous system.
What should be avoided during menstruation
If there are menstruation and nausea, it is important not only to carry out the correct therapy, but also to know what you should not do. For several days it is advisable to refuse the following:
- Active physical activity and sports. Only quiet exercise is allowed, contributing to relaxation, relief of pain, stabilization of the emotional background.
- Water procedures and trips to the bath. Menstruation increases the risk of infection of the body with pathogenic materials. Increased temperature accelerates blood circulation and causes heavy bleeding.
- Alcohol consumption. Alcohol negatively affects pressure, causes nausea, feeling unwell, cramps.
- Harmful food. It is forbidden to eat spicy, sweet and fatty foods. On the contrary, eating high in magnesium, fiber and calcium is recommended. During the period of menstruation the body will benefit from lean meat, porridge, steamed fish and soothing teas.
- Sexual intercourse without contraception. You can not allow the slightest risk of infection through the uterus on critical days.
- Self-medication. Some medicines are strictly contraindicated during menstruation. Therefore, it is better to ask the doctor for advice about pharmacy therapy.
- Surgical intervention. When a woman has menstruation, the blood has a low clotting. To avoid heavy bleeding, it is better to wait with operations.
- Cosmetic procedures. Hair dyeing, waving, skin tightening often fail due to the unstable hormonal state both on the first and the last day of menstruation.
Unpleasant manifestations, in the form of nausea and pain during menstruation, can be prevented earlier. In most cases, simple prevention rules will be effective:
- Balanced nutrition and compliance. Eat healthy foods preferably during the entire menstrual cycle, and not just before menstruation. Do not overeat, eat fatty foods. It is recommended to add to the diet vegetables and fruits according to the season. Since dates, tomatoes, plums and soy products contribute to an increase in the concentration of serotonin in the body, they are best avoided.
- Active lifestyle. Cycling and walking, regular exercises in the pool will have a beneficial effect. It is forbidden to load the body through the measure and steam in the sauna.
- Following the regime of the day. In order not to aggravate stress from menstruation, it is desirable to relax the body with a healthy sleep and walks in the fresh air. Before menstruation it is better to avoid quarrels.
Whether nauseous during menstruation depends on the current state of health of the woman. Some patients feel comfortable, others vomit and pain in the abdomen. When the symptoms appear constantly and do not go away for a long time, it is better to consult a doctor and identify the cause of poor health.
The delay of menstruation is a failure in the work of the menstrual cycle, during which the period is absent for a certain period. If a delay of up to 10 days is the norm, after 10 days it is a reason to sound the alarm and go to the hospital, even though you may not get hurt.
Delayed menstruation is a violation of the normal course of the menstrual cycle.
Every woman at least once in her life is faced with such a problem as the delay of menstruation. This can be both a normal process in the body and pathological.
But one can definitely say that the delay in menstruation is an alarming signal for referring the appropriate specialist to the hospital. Since the delay in menstruation may indicate the beginning of serious problems and lead to terrible complications.
Nausea and menses: possible causes and solutions
The process of menstruation in each woman takes place in different ways. Many complain - the pain syndrome is complemented by the fact that it is also sick before menstruation or during their period. Is this unpleasant symptom normal or alarming? How can I get rid of it? These questions are very important to find out to everyone who faced this actual problem.
What to do when vomiting during menstruation?
There are fewer and fewer women who have “red calendar days” painlessly and that their periods do not interfere with their daily lives. Weakness, abdominal pain, diarrhea, headaches, vomiting during menstruation are common in modern women.
Yes, you are not the only one! Why do many quite healthy women and girls have menstrual periods with vomiting and nausea? Today on the agenda - how to remove feeling unwell during menstruation and what to do at home so that nausea and vomiting during menstruation occur as little as possible.
How to understand that vomiting is not a sign of pregnancy?
When menstruation comes, those of us who have not planned a pregnancy, sigh with relief, but not everyone experiences the same joy. About 5-8% of women remain confused - they have vomiting during menstruation, and nausea, as is known, is one of the main signs of the conception of a child.
It would seem that if there are menstrual flow, then pregnancy is excluded? Not so simple in the female body. There is a very small chance that pregnancy still exists and you need to consult a doctor to confirm or refute doubts.
Feeling unwell is always a reason not to postpone a medical visit, in this case it is already a question of responsibility for the health of the baby. There are numerous cases where conception occurred, but the woman did not stop menstrual bleeding.
Vomiting is an alarming symptom, but do not panic. The first thing you need to do is understand why this is happening to you and the pregnancy test will help in this. Do not be afraid and just buy it! Follow the instructions on the package, and very soon much will clear up with your health.
Why do gagging during menstruation?
If you have a negative result - there is no pregnancy, which means that the causes of vomiting during menstruation should be found in a hormonal failure. Many women know PMS - premenstrual syndrome, which is accompanied not only by pain and bad mood, but also by edema, swelling of the mammary glands, nausea.
Before and after ovulation, before menstruation, hormones such as estrogen and progesterone change.The restructuring of hormones is due to fluid retention, an increase in intracranial pressure, emetic urges and other unpleasant symptoms.
In addition to these main female hormones, there are prostaglandins - hormones that begin to be produced when menstruation occurs. If vomiting occurs during menstruation, the reasons for half the cases of hormonal disruptions are precisely because of them. Prostaglandins:
- disturb the nervous system
- cause hardness in the muscles
- dilate blood vessels
- negatively affect the circulatory system - poor blood coagulation is noted,
- cause severe uterine pain,
- help reduce the production of gastric juice.
In the case of nausea and vomiting during menstruation, the last point is important. Consider the situation when you in the menstruation eat something too salty and spicy, you will definitely feel the gagging urge. To avoid this, it is necessary for all women during their periods to switch to a healthy way of eating.
In addition to the above, there is also serotonin - a hormone that occurs in the cerebrospinal fluid in large volumes. With its appearance, it begins to very poorly remove fluid from the body and, as a result, intracranial edema, which gives rise to nausea, vomiting, and dizziness in healthy women.
Please note that the most commonly violated hormonal balance are dramatic weight loss, diets, illness, severe stress, and certain medications. Hormonal imbalance must be treated and only from good specialists.
If you are tormented by vomiting during menstruation, look for the reasons also in the physiological factors:
- The problem may occur in girls just starting to use OK. Oral contraceptives disrupt hormonal balance and nausea may occur in the first month. How to be? It is necessary to consult with the gynecologist, and not to run to the pharmacy after another type of contraceptive.
- You have not given birth. From nature, the female uterus is somewhat deformed, which causes vomiting and nausea during menstruation in some girls, accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen and lower back. Remove the problem is impossible, it remains only to give birth. After giving birth, the uterus straightens and the unpleasant symptoms disappear.
- Perhaps the displacement of the uterus, which causes squeezing of nerve endings and as a result of nausea. In this case, the woman at the time of menstruation should exclude any physical activity.
- Tampons are also at risk. Using them can provoke gagging and dizziness. The reason is in toxic shock and there is only one advice - you should switch to gaskets and not buy tampons of other brands.
Vomiting during menstruation can be caused both by hormonal changes and physiological reasons. If in the first case you need the help of a good doctor, then in the second you can cope on your own and reduce or completely eliminate the urge to vomit.
Vomiting and diarrhea with menstruation at the same time - what is the reason?
Nausea is bad, but if it is accompanied by diarrhea and severe stomach pains, terrible days come for the girl, completely falling out of life. With such a problem, you do not need to try to stay at home and just lie down. Seek medical attention immediately.
Learn to listen to your own body! If these symptoms occur for the first time, you should not think about women's problems, but about poisoning. Almost always the cause of the pathology in food poisoning, and not in critical days. Do not treat severe poisoning at home!
If vomiting and diarrhea constantly accompany a woman during menstruation, then an eating disorder can be ruled out. Similar cases from the realm of fantasy, so here you can talk about gynecological problems. The problem can be solved, but only after careful medical research in order to understand the causes of the pathology.
First aid for vomiting in critical women's days
No need to hope that the gynecologist will give a prescription for some miraculous pills and vomiting during menstruation will stop bothering you. There are drugs that allow you to remove the symptom for a while, but this does not allow to avoid problems in the near future. You have to undergo a course of treatment and then only after complete and thorough research.
Do you have constant nausea, but there is a catastrophic lack of time for visits to doctors and there is no desire to go through a lot of different rooms? A familiar situation, but do not forget that with each new monthly your condition may significantly deteriorate. Do not delay the treatment!
If your vomiting during menstruation is a rare symptom, it can be removed:
- any drugs for nausea and pain (metoclopramide, ibuprofen, drotaverine),
- sedatives, stress relieving drugs (tincture of motherwort, valerian, persen, novassass and much more),
- drugs that help normalize female hormones (the most famous are remens and mastodinone, vitokan),
- by applying a warm heater on the abdomen, but it must be dry heat (heated sand and salt, for example, or warming patches).
Attention! Heat is applied to the abdominal area only when it is obvious that you have female problems and not others, as with appendicitis, for example, it is absolutely contraindicated.
A warm water bottle reduces the tone of the uterus, dilates blood vessels and improves all blood circulation, reduces venous edema. Gynecologists recommend that all women experiencing pain during menstrual bleeding, resort to dry, warming means. Attention! Observe the measure: the heater must be warm, but not hot.
How to eliminate unpleasant vomiting during future menstruation? Not only for the time of bleeding, but also before it you need to exclude cigarettes and alcohol in any form and even in small quantities. Relieve suffering can help quality rest with the right food, which will be a lot of vitamins.
Please note that we are all individual and each of us has its own hormonal background and pain threshold, so you cannot be treated according to the recommendations of relatives and girlfriends. Do not pick up drugs with prudent pharmacists, ask for help from specialists and be healthy!