- Why chest swells before menstruation
- Why does the stomach hurt before menstruation
- What changes happen mid cycle
Monthly - this is a recurring blood discharge from the vagina in a woman. One of the first signs of the onset of menstruation is pain and swelling of the chest. In the second phase of the menstrual cycle, the levels of progesterone and estrogen change, which are responsible for changes in the lobules and excretory ducts of the mammary glands. The hormonal background is modified, that is, the amount of hormones and the balance between them influence how a woman feels during this period. Slight chest pain before menstruation and during them is normal.
On the eve of ovulation, i.e. just a few days before the onset of menstruation, breast sensitivity is greatly increased. Epithelium in the ducts and lobules of the mammary glands becomes much larger. Blood rushes to the chest, as a result of which it increases and swells. This explains the pain in the chest before menstruation. If the female body is healthy, the hormonal balance will quickly recover, and the discomfort will soon pass.
Breast pain before menstruation due to the fact that the mammary glands are preparing for a possible future pregnancy and breastfeeding. Ovulation passes, but pregnancy does not occur - then the resulting glandular tissue atrophies, and there are painful sensations in the chest. This is a natural process, repeated in women of childbearing age (from the beginning to the end of menstruation).
To reduce breast pain during this period, it is necessary to reduce the use of salt and products containing caffeine.
If the swelling of the breast is accompanied by severe pain, slight seals are felt that disappear with the onset of menstruation, then you should contact a specialist. Early treatment will help prevent many serious diseases and the development of pathological changes in the tissues of the mammary glands.
Breast swelling before the menstrual cycle
Pain and swelling appear a few days before menstruation. Pain is observed in both mammary glands. However, the intensity of this process is different for all women. With strong irritation of the breast, women note a decrease in the overall quality of life. The greatest impact of this phenomenon has on the performance and quality of sexual life.
The pain has a different nature:
In addition, with a strong manifestation of pain, pain manifests itself in the scapula and axillary region. After the completion of the monthly cycle, the pain disappears. The manifestation of such symptoms most often occurs in women of middle age who have not given birth before.
In addition to pain, the following symptoms may occur:
These signs indicate the appearance of premenstrual syndrome characteristic of a large number of women.
When is baby waiting accompanied by gland swelling?
During pregnancy, breast changes begin to occur in the earliest terms.
Most often, women note such phenomena:
- Breast filling.
- Weighting the chest.
- Increase in size.
- Darkening of the nipples.
- The manifestation of the venous mesh.
These phenomena are associated with the fact that the amount of blood in the body after conception increases significantly. In some women, pregnancy causes the appearance of colostrum in the early stages. This phenomenon is quite normal, but it is worth remembering that it is impossible to express this fluid.
Summarizing, we can say that before menstruation such a phenomenon as breast swelling is observed quite often. This is due to the fact that it is during the period before menstruation in the female body that significant hormonal changes take place that affect the bust condition. In addition, an increase in the size of the bust during this period may indicate that pregnancy has occurred. After all, the early stages of pregnancy are characterized by the appearance of sensitivity and swelling of the mammary glands. Therefore, when a similar problem occurs, you should consult a doctor.
Why does the state of the mammary glands change before menstruation?
In any woman, ovulation occurs approximately in the middle of her individual menstrual cycle, that is, 11–15 days from the moment of its beginning. To prepare for conception possible during this period, the body actively synthesizes hormones - progesterone and prolactin.
Under the influence of prolactin, the glandular breast tissue is rapidly expanding to be able to produce milk if pregnancy does occur. As a result:
- bust temporarily increases by 1–1.5 in size due to the proliferation of local fatty tissues,
- blood supply to the mammary glands is improved, due to which their sensitivity increases up to 3-4 times.
According to surveys, only 25% of women who regularly visit a gynecologist begin to hurt their breasts before menstruation (and only half of them describe their discomfort as “very tangible”). Doctors call this condition mastodynia, a little less often the term “mastalgia” is used, they associate it with hypersensitivity and in most cases are classified as a variant of the norm. In what condition should the bust and nipples be before menstruation so that, despite the unpleasant sensations in the mammary glands, a woman can continue to consider herself healthy?
What premenstrual chest pain is considered normal?
A typical situation is when a woman begins to feel discomfort in the mammary glands approximately 1–2 weeks before the onset of menstruation (that is, at the height of ovulation). At first, almost imperceptible, the symptoms of the condition become more pronounced over time, being at the peak of their manifestation by the time of the first blood discharge from the vagina.
Most healthy women describe their feelings during this period as weak, tingling, pain, and chest pain. At the same time, the mammary glands themselves swell, the nipples and their areoles swell and harden noticeably. As a side symptom of the condition can be observed:
- increased tactile sensations in the bust,
- CNS reactions (irritability, fatigue, nervousness, etc.),
- slight pulling pains in the lower abdomen and lower back.
It is noteworthy that, normally, with the onset of menstruation, all the above-mentioned symptoms of malaise very quickly (within literally a couple of days) disappear. The chest is "deflated." Discomfort ceases to bother a woman at least until the middle of the current menstrual cycle. What is the reason for this?
Physiological causes of breast swelling, enlargement and tenderness
Changes in the volume and sensitivity of the mammary glands before menstruation are directly related to the hormonal changes occurring in the body at this moment. However, if all healthy women occasionally suffer from an excess of progesterone and prolactin, why only some of them complain of pain and tingling in the chest before menstruation?
The answer to this question lies in the individual physiological features of the body structure of each woman. Doctors have noticed that, depending on the complexion and lifestyle of the subject, the response of her body to the standard for the ovulation period can be more pronounced or weaker. That is, the effect of the same factor in some women causes only a weak tingling in the breast, while in others it provokes severe pains at the slightest touch on the nipples.
Specific laws in this system are rather difficult to isolate. There is only an unsubstantiated assumption that the greater the bust of a lady, the higher the likelihood that she suffers from chest and nipple pains before menstruation (the more glandular tissue is, the stronger the pressure on the surrounding segments in the lobed structure of the organ).
Unfortunately, not always pain in the chest glands before menstruation due to the peculiarities of female physiology. Often this symptom signals that it is time for a lady to pay attention to her health. So, you need to be wary if:
- before menstruation, only one (for example, left) chest hurts,
- from the nipples appear strange discharge,
- when palpating the mammary glands, it is possible to detect seals under the skin.
All the above features suggest that, most likely, the bust of a woman hurts for pathological reasons. Other, less obvious factors may speak in favor of this assumption:
- The specific nature of the sensations. Usual premenstrual pains, as a rule, are mild and resemble tingling. Attacks, which can be described more as spasms, are an alarm signal. This is especially true when the pain spreads in waves, periodically reaching such strength that a woman is deprived of the opportunity to carry out her usual activities, as well as situations where the left and right breasts bother her alternately.
- Lack of timing. It is considered normal if the mammary glands hurt during ovulation and in the period after it (until the beginning of the next cycle). That is, in healthy women, chest discomfort begins to appear somewhere 10 days before the expected menstrual period and disappears completely with the arrival of menstruation. If this is not the case, it is safe to say that the cause of the pain was pathology.
- Chest hurts, but does not swell. Discomfort that occurs in the mammary glands with the onset of PMS, triggered by the growth of local glandular tissues. That is, the appearance of pain is directly related to a temporary increase in breast volume. If there is discomfort, but the bust does not increase at the same time, it is likely that some kind of disturbance has occurred that requires medical intervention.
Some women are more susceptible to diseases that can cause chest pain. We are talking about the so-called risk group: women with bad habits, an irregular menstrual cycle and unsuccessful pregnancies in history, as well as a hereditary predisposition to gynecological and oncological problems. What kind of ailments can these patients face?
Neoplasms (cysts and tumors)
One of the most common causes of chest pain is the formation of pathological cavities filled with fluid - fluid in the glandular ducts. Depending on the factors that provoked their development, all such neoplasms can be divided into two groups:
- cysts of hormonal nature,
- benign and malignant tumors.
Those and others develop asymptomatically for a long time. It is possible to notice that something is wrong only at the moment when the tumor expands so much that it begins to exert pressure on the tissues and vessels on either side of it, causing pain that increases many times during periods of menstruation.
Mastopathy and Mastitis
Every woman's body produces prolactin during ovulation, but some, due to hormonal failure in the blood, have an excess of this hormone. As a result, mastopathy or mastitis can develop - conditions in which the body goes into readiness mode for lactation and is physically suffering due to its absence.
Cysts and other formations in the ovaries
Not only breast tumors provoke discomfort in the chest. A similar effect occurs with the development of tumors in the ovaries of a woman. The appearance of cysts and tumors of this organ leads to:
- increase in body temperature
- swelling of the mammary glands,
- characteristic abdominal and chest pains similar to premenstrual.
Causes of pain
Breast swelling and tenderness before menstruation are some of the common symptoms encountered in the so-called premenstrual syndrome or PMS. Quite often, pain occurs with fibrocystic breast disease. In addition to pain, this disease is accompanied by the appearance of a seal in the gland tissue before the onset of menstruation. Upon completion of menstruation, this symptom is resolved.
The cause of the phenomenon is female sex hormones. A week before the start of menstruation, the body begins to produce a lot of estrogen and progesterone. The latter “forces” the woman's body to accumulate fluid. Rings, shoes or trousers become tight, extra water also leads to swelling of the chest. Its tissues expand, begin to press on the nerves, which causes pain and discomfort in the mammary glands.
Appearing in puberty, breast tenderness before menstruation is repeated in many women "with enviable constancy." But there are lucky women who have never experienced this “whim of nature” during their lives.
The pain disappeared: causes
Quite often, if the chest stopped hurting before menstruation, this is a sign of normalization of hormonal balance. Therefore, a woman should not worry that one of the signs of PMS is gone. Her body thus gives a signal - the hormonal background has normalized. But it can be a symptom of pathological changes in the body, which lead to a decrease in the production of sex hormones, which requires medical assistance.
Here are a few situations where breast tenderness before menstruation may disappear:
- Chest pains before menstruation may no longer bother young girls if they have begun regular sex life. The same applies to women who have had a long period of abstinence. Active sex life is one of the important factors in maintaining normal hormonal levels.
- Many people know that breast tenderness and nipples are considered to be one of the frequent signs of pregnancy. In addition, the breasts begin to fill, the skin of the areola darkens. All these changes indicate that the mammary gland begins to prepare for lactation, there is a serious hormonal adjustment. But those women who constantly suffered from sore breasts before menstruation, have directly opposite symptoms - their mammary glands cease to hurt in the expected time. The reason for this - all the same hormonal changes in the body of the future mother. Therefore, if a week before menstruation, the breasts no longer hurt, a woman who thought that this was her norm, perhaps she should buy a pregnancy test.
- Some medications can affect the production of female sex hormones. And drugs such as oral contraceptives contain estrogen and progesterone in varying proportions. Therefore, their reception can affect the monthly cycle, including its “precursors” - the painful sensitivity of the mammary glands. If a woman takes medications for one reason or another, and she noticed that there were changes in her body before menstruation, then she should consult a doctor.
- If a woman finds that one of the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome is gone - this may be a sign of a “cure from the disease,” or if it is correct to say, her transition to the remission stage.
Chest pains before menstruation may be associated with certain chronic diseases and pathological conditions. Flowing unnoticed, they seem to be disguised as an ICP clinic. Their exacerbation is accompanied by the appearance of breast tenderness before menstruation. The following are some of the symptoms:
- anxiety, physical or mental stress,
- errors in diet or eating wrongly,
- excessive exercise, which can lead to hormonal breakdown,
- obesity or weight loss,
- chronic anemia,
- chronic diseases like diabetes
- Polycystic ovary - a condition in which multiple cysts form in the ovaries.
To recognize and take action in due time by contacting a doctor is a step that will help to cope with these problems.
We recommend reading the article about changes in breast tissue during pregnancy. From it, you will learn about the anatomy and physiology of the breast, hormonal changes, symptoms, as well as recommendations for maintaining breast health.
If a woman has had her usual soreness and discomfort in her chest for several cycles, then she needs to see a doctor. As mentioned above, one of the reasons for this situation may be hormonal imbalance. This is especially important for women who are planning a future pregnancy. Normal hormonal background - the key to successful conception and carrying a child. The gynecologist will help in understanding this problem. As a rule, the diagnostic search begins with the appointment of hormone tests (female reproductive panel).
An experienced doctor will explain what is the reason for the changes, why the chest stopped hurting before the menstruation. A blood test for hormones in this situation is basic in a diagnostic search. Its normal performance indicates that the woman's body has independently adjusted its hormonal system. If there are deviations in the analysis, it is necessary to conduct further research and identify the cause.
What are the reasons why the chest does not hurt
Only 2 out of 10 women do not have chest pain before menstruation. During this period, the appearance of pain in the region of the mammary glands is considered normal. This confirms the preparation for lactation. Однажды наступает период, когда болевые ощущения исчезают, и грудь больше не беспокоит. Женщина начинает искать множества причин, вместо того чтобы больше не волноваться. По некоторым причинам боль исчезает не только за счёт снижения уровня тестостерона, но и по другим причинам.
Advice: visiting a female consultation is necessary if there was an abrupt stop of monthly chest pains. It is necessary to consult a specialist, as it may be a sign of hormonal failure.
Reasons to worry
A normal phenomenon is the complete absence of pain or discomfort that can be tolerated. But if a girl is worried about the question, why did she stop hurting her chest before menstruation, you can turn to a specialist in order to dispel doubts.
Anxiety should be raised if the usual menstrual cycle has changed dramatically. Do not worry if the chest remained in one form.
The norm is the manifestation of pain a few days before the onset of menstruation. The hormonal background has changed if, over the course of several months, the cycle begins to pass in a different way.
It is recommended to consult a doctor when the usual pain symptoms disappear. One of the reasons is a sharp decrease in progesterone levels. A woman who wants to give birth to a child should pay attention to this, since the low level of the hormone will not allow the conception and normal bearing of the baby to form. The gynecologist usually sends for testing, to study the hormones of the female reproductive panel.
It should be remembered that in addition to the hormone progesterone pain may occur due to other indicators and disorders in the female body.
The reasons that speak about the disappearance of pain symptoms of the mammary glands
- Often, girls can find in themselves such a manifestation after they began to have sex. Unpleasant symptoms of PMS appear with the onset of sexual activity. If a woman does not have a regular partner for a long period, pain also occurs in the chest area before the onset of menstruation. The state of the body is normalized if the discomfort disappears.
- All tumors in the mammary gland are directly related to the hormonal background. The disappearance of pain speaks of a radical restructuring of the hormonal background. Each woman feels it differently, it all depends on the structural features of the body. It is recommended to pay attention in the first days before the onset of menstruation, the disappearance of chest pain mainly occurs during pregnancy.
- When the corpus luteum is produced in the ovary after ovulation, the hormone progesterone causes unpleasant pain in the mammary gland. The level of this hormone rises significantly in the second half of the cycle. The reaction of the female body to the changes is different, not all women and girls feel pain. A good sign will be the disappearance of discomfort. To determine the disease necessarily need to consult a specialist.
- Synthetic hormones as a contraceptive often exert their response to the breasts. While taking unpleasant symptoms may disappear, this is a sign that ovulation has not occurred. In this case, the recommendation and examination of a doctor is necessary.
- A disease like mastopathy causes pain in the area of the mammary gland. The definition of the appearance of the disease can be felt because of the constant stress, irregular sex life, as well as gynecological diseases, which did not heal in time. Symptoms of premenstrual syndrome will disappear for a long time, if you adhere to a proper diet and lead a normal healthy lifestyle.
What pathologies may appear
The advice of doctors - gynecologists is one, if the chest has ceased to hurt, then you should be happy. This means that all pathologies have disappeared, and the body began to work normally. For help, a specialist is recommended to contact with severe pain not of a normal nature. Usually severe pain occurs in the presence of serious diseases, one of which is mastopathy. First you need to visit a gynecologist, and then the doctor - the mammologist will answer the remaining questions.
One of the reasons for the unpleasant feeling that characterizes pain in the groin and mammary glands before the onset of menstruation may be due to mechanical damage. They are from compression, squeezing or strong blows. In this case, clothing, namely a bra or tight pants will be the first reason.
The main reasons are the following indicators:
- before the onset of menstruation, changes appear on the hormonal background,
- due to fluid retention in the body, pain also appears
- if the mammary glands are damaged, it is accompanied by a feeling of pain,
- the presence of infectious diseases often entail soreness in the area of the breast,
- a disease such as cancer is also the cause of the unpleasant sensation in a woman’s chest.
Recommendation: thanks to an experienced doctor you can learn about changes in health, as well as what measures to take. If hormone disruption has not occurred, it means that the system has undergone a system change to a new level, such a phenomenon often appears in most women.
When to visit a doctor
Each specialist who studies and treats the female breast will always give the correct definition of why pain occurs. If there are no seals, no special examination is necessary. Mammography need a woman who turned over forty. A biopsy is also performed, which means that a piece of tissue is examined with a microscope. May be sent to a sonogram, where the result will be visible in the image using sound waves.
It is forbidden to engage in self-treatment, which will lead to serious consequences and aggravate the situation. Proper treatment will lead to the disappearance of pain and illness in just a few months. You can carry out prophylaxis, this means that to change the bra to a more comfortable one, to normalize sex life, to follow the state of your body and after the age of 35 years more often to visit a breast specialist. Observing all the above tips, a woman will forget about unpleasant sensations in the chest area.
If the discomfort in the chest does not go beyond the scope of the usual premenstrual pains, but clearly does not correspond to the picture of the norm in terms of its manifestation, it is likely that the woman can be congratulated on the occurrence of pregnancy. If her bust does not become smaller by the due date and her period does not come, she will only have to buy a test at the pharmacy to confirm her assumptions.
Unfortunately, there are a number of diseases in which the female body will behave in the same way. One of them is myoma. Developing in the uterus, this benign tumor is often taken by the body as a pregnancy, because of which the woman’s body begins to prepare for the upcoming lactation with all its might.
How to reduce physiological chest pain before menstruation?
What to do to reduce the sensitivity of the mammary glands with PMS? Here are some helpful tips from doctors:
- Stock up on vitamins. A balanced diet and the use of appropriate pharmacies will help keep the body in good shape and more easily tolerate the symptoms of ovulation.
- Do physical education. To keep the body fit, moderate exercise is just as important as proper nutrition.
- Relax! Wear comfortable underwear, take warm baths and avoid stress. Try not to think about how much inconvenience PMS causes. Instead, take a photo in a dress with a beautiful neckline that will accentuate the rounded breasts. More positive!
Why mammary glands swell before menstruation
The norm is a slight breast augmentation, sensitivity, change in color and shape of the nipple. These symptoms appear about a week before menstruation. After menstruation, these symptoms should disappear completely. It happens not every woman - many hormonal jumps pass unnoticed.
It is necessary to understand what the causes of changes in the mammary glands, and why this happens just before the menstrual period. The fact is that after ovulation, the hormonal background of a woman changes dramatically. In place of a bursting follicle, a corpus lute is formed, which produces progesterone - the hormone responsible for pregnancy. This compound begins to prepare the breast for feeding. Under its influence, the amount of glandular tissue in the breast increases, and as a result, its size changes. If pregnancy does not occur, menstruation begins, progesterone levels fall, all symptoms disappear.
Breast swelling and pregnancy
If the monthly did not come, and the breast swells with greater intensity, then we can assume the onset of pregnancy.
There are women who have two ovulations per cycle. In such cases, there may be monthly, and pregnancy at the same time.
The process is very simple: two eggs come out of the ovary with a difference of a week. The first one is not fertilized, menstruation begins. At this point, the second can safely merge with the sperm. In this case, a woman's breasts may swell, as expected, one to two weeks before the menstruation, but after menstruation the symptoms do not disappear.
Both in the first and in the second case, it is necessary to consult a doctor to confirm or deny the pregnancy, to make sure that it is correct.
Breast swelling during menopause
An increase in the mammary glands during menopause is also the norm. Here are just the causes of such symptoms a little different. During menopause, the female hormonal background fades away, as a result of which the glandular tissue is gradually replaced by fatty and fibrous tissue. Additionally, during the period of menopause, pain, burning, hypersensitivity in the mammary glands can be felt.
Other causes of breast swelling
There are other reasons why the mammary glands swell before menstruation. They can be associated not only with jumps in the hormonal background.
The following factors can serve as provoking factors:
- use of large amounts of fluid
- use of hormonal contraception,
- wearing tight clothes
- eating large amounts of salt
- excessive consumption of coffee and other caffeinated beverages,
- taking some drugs
- diseases of the female genital organs,
- surgical interventions.
Pathological enlargement of the mammary glands
Pathological conditions that can lead to swelling of the breast are mastopathy and breast cancer.
The most common mastopathy. It belongs to benign neoplasms. This disease is characterized by the growth of connective tissue in the gland. Symptoms are pain, swelling, breast augmentation, the appearance of seals in it. The size of these formations can vary from pea to walnut.
Exacerbation of mastopathy often occurs before menstruation, there is severe pain and discharge from the nipples brown or greenish hue. The sooner the disease is detected, the easier it will be to treat. Conservative and surgical methods of mastopathy therapy are possible.
If you do not timely detect and begin treatment, mastopathy can develop into breast cancer. I would like to note that a malignant tumor can also arise as a primary disease, and not only as a complication. The symptoms of cancer in the initial stages are no different from mastopathy: the same swelling, pain during menstruation, discharge from the nipples.
The next stage of cancer is an increase in axillary lymph nodes, discoloration of the skin and skin structure on the chest and chest, nipple suction, bleeding. Cancer treatment is exclusively surgical using chemotherapy.
Only a doctor can make an accurate diagnosis by conducting a set of studies. Detection of at least a small education in the chest is an occasion to urgently consult a doctor.
To make a diagnosis, the doctor will need the following:
- take blood for hormones and tumor markers,
- perform a biopsy of the neoplasm and send for histological examination,
- conduct ultrasound of the mammary glands and organs of the small pelvis
- make a mammogram.
Reduce the discomfort and the intensity of the swelling of the mammary glands is possible. To do this, follow the simple rules:
- give up on tight, squeezing underwear, especially bras with bones,
- minimize the use of drinks containing caffeine,
- reduce fluid intake on the eve of menstruation,
- reduce the amount of salt consumed
- practice healthy eating
- eliminate bad habits
- lead a healthy, active lifestyle,
- if possible, limit stressful situations or resort to taking sedatives,
- for pain, take painkillers.
Every woman must observe the swelling of the breast before menstruation, because no one knows her body so much as herself. It is necessary to take into account the intensity of pain, to monitor how and why iron increases in size, how long the discomfort lasts. At least once a month, breast self-examination should be carried out in order not to miss the development of mastopathy. At the first slightest deviations need to consult a doctor.
Even if there are no changes, the mammologist should be visited at least once a year, and better, every six months, especially after reaching 40 years of age.
Not a bad article, everything is clear explained. The main thing is not to delay treatment, if something went wrong, you need to be checked. And if everything is within the normal range, then do prophylaxis, it is much more pleasant than running around the doctors and thinking about how to live now))) The broth of the uterus bovine, for example, supports the female body, the mastofit also helps, I also accept nettle infusion (stops bleeding ,) yarrow (helps from pain with cd)
Breast augmentation factors
What factors increase breast before menstruation? Female breast has a complex lobed structure. On top of it protects adipose tissue, the function of the formation of breast milk performs glandular epithelium, each lobe pierced ducts of the mammary glands and the network of blood vessels.
Nature has so arranged the mammary glands that engorgement of the mammary glands before menstruation under the influence of specific sex hormones - estrogen, progesterone and prolactin - is a normal process. This process is biologically justified, because the main purpose of the breast is to feed the infant with breast milk.
In the process of ovulation, the ovaries, the adrenal cortex, the pituitary gland begin to intensively synthesize the sex hormones that enter the bloodstream, affect the tissues of the mammary glands and cause their increase. First of all, the glandular epithelium cells grow and the milk ducts dilate. This is also considered the norm, if conception occurs, the mammary glands will more quickly adapt to new physiological processes associated with the restructuring of the body.
How much breast increases before menstruation depends on the balance of sex hormones and the lifestyle of the woman herself.
The effect of hormones on the chest
How do hormones affect breast tissue before menstruation? The menstrual cycle is a complex multicomponent process that occurs under the control of the pituitary-hypothalamic zone of the brain and ovaries. They produce hormones - estrogen and progesterone, which cause cyclical changes in the reproductive organs and the mammary gland.
In the first phase of the menstrual cycle in the ovary, the follicle with the egg cell matures. In the middle of the menstrual cycle, the follicle bursts and the egg enters the abdominal cavity for fertilization, a yellow body forms at the site of the bursting follicle. This period corresponds to ovulation. The walls of the follicle synthesize estrogens, the body is preparing for possible fertilization and gestation.
Finally, in the final phase, if fertilization has not passed, the yellow body under the action of estrogen and progesterone is absorbed, menstruation begins.
So, in the last phase of the menstrual cycle, the breast is affected by estrogen. In the mammary glands, these hormones cause fluid retention, stimulate the development of the milk ducts, swelling of the breast and changes the color of the areolas and nipples. That is why many women complain of swelling of the mammary glands before menstruation, soreness and special sensitivity of the nipples.
Progesterone, which is produced by the cells of the corpus luteum, during this period actively stimulates breast tissue, can increase it. In leukocytes - the cells in which breast milk is produced, the secretory function is enhanced. Under the influence of the hormone in the tissues of the mammary glands accumulates sodium chloride (salt), which retains fluid. Because of this, the breast can be poured and increase in size. This can be seen on the bra, which becomes cramped and uncomfortable.
Another hormone that causes breast swelling before menstruation is prolactin. Its role is also in the preparation of breast tissue. In the premenstrual phase, the value of prolactin is not great, but with the onset of pregnancy, the force of its effect on the breast increases significantly.
What contributes to breast augmentation
Under the influence of some internal and external factors, the mammary glands may swell even more. В этом случае неприятные и болезненные явления усиливаются.
К таким факторам относятся:
- Хронический стресс и сильные нервные нагрузки (нервная система контролирует выработку гормонов).
- Переутомления, вызванные сильными физическими нагрузками.
- Long and uncontrolled hormonal contraceptives.
- Wearing an improper bra, which squeezes the chest, disrupts blood circulation and lymph flow.
- Excessive salt intake.
- Abuse of strong coffee (no more than 2 cups per day).
- Many animal fats in the diet.
- Smoking (disrupts the supply of oxygen to the cells of the tissue).
How many days before menstruation can breast swell? This happens in about 3-7 days. Breast augmentation in the last phase of the menstrual cycle is individual. Chest can increase greatly in size. Some women practically do not notice him, for others it becomes an annoying symptom.
How to reduce discomfort in the chest before menstruation? Each woman can relieve her condition in the last phase of the menstrual cycle - to reduce the feeling of fullness and painful chest.
For this you need:
- Adhere to a healthy diet. Food should be light to reduce the load from the cardiovascular system and the gastrointestinal tract. Suitable vegetable and dairy dishes, nuts and seeds, fruit. Steamed, boiled or boiled fish - a source of unsaturated fatty acids and cereal porridge - suppliers of vitamins of group B, should become an obligatory product on the table. Use of natural diuretic products - parsley, celery, fresh cucumbers has a good effect. It is necessary to abandon the salted and smoked dishes that further retain water in the body. It is better to season the dishes with spices, garlic and soy sauce instead of the usual salt.
- Be sure to find time for walking in the fresh air and playing sports. This will contribute to the early outflow of fluid from the mammary glands and the normalization of blood microcirculation.
- Choose a comfortable bra that will support your chest well, but not overwhelm it. It is better to refuse models with stones. The ideal would be wearing a sports bra. If the chest is poured heavily, then it can not be removed at night.
- If the discomfort interferes with the quality of life, then you can resort to drugs. You can take aspirin or ibuprofen for painful swelling, as well as drink a diuretic. It should be remembered that each drug has contraindications.
- Try to do breathing exercises in Buteyko or Strelnikova. The influx of oxygen to the tissues of the mammary gland will help to normalize metabolic processes and reduce unpleasant sensations.
- Take a douche or bath with lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary essential oils. Water perfectly tones bruised mammary glands, and essential oils will serve as relaxants, which will remove excessive nervousness and irritability.
Is breast enlargement always the physiological norm?
Unfortunately, in some cases, breast augmentation before menstruation is a symptom of the disease. In which case it is necessary to sound the alarm and consult a specialist? When not previously felt such a painful distension of the mammary glands. This symptom indicates a violation of the hormonal balance caused by pathological processes. Most likely, 3 specialists will be required immediately - a mammologist, a gynecologist and an endocrinologist.
What can be detected?
- Violations of the reproductive organs - ovaries, uterus.
- Violations of the thyroid gland, pituitary, ovaries, responsible for the production of hormones.
- Increased levels of prolactin in the blood.
- Tumor diseases of the mammary glands - mastopathy, cancer.
You should not panic, but try to analyze what other symptoms have appeared recently. Perhaps, on palpation of the mammary gland, a small compaction is groped, there is a discharge from the nipple, the bust does not cease to be poured and painful even after menstruation. If there is at least one of the symptoms, you should sign up for a mammogram.
If breast augmentation before menstruation is stronger and more painful than ever, then this may be a signal that the happiest and most responsible period in the life of a woman is pregnancy. In this case, the monthly will not come in due time, or the case will be limited to scant bleeding.