In nature, there are a huge number of organisms that can be viewed only under a microscope. But among them there are many who can provoke the development of diseases in humans, animals and plants. With one of these pests, the fungus Candida, or rather the disease that it causes, we will meet in our article. It's about thrush. Since this disease often overtakes the beautiful half of humanity, we will try to find the best remedy for thrush in women. Reviews are very different and sometimes contradictory.
Thrush - what is it?
This insidious disease is caused by microscopic fungi of the genus Candida. Infection can affect not only women, it does not bypass the male half of humanity, and even children.
In a healthy body, this fungus is necessarily present in the composition of the microflora of the large intestine, the oral cavity, but its quantity is small, so it does not cause any harm to humans. But there are a number of factors under which there is a sharp increase in the number of these microorganisms, in such situations, its harmful effect does not take long to wait.
Risk factors for the development of thrush
Before you choose drugs from thrush for women, you need to find out the cause of the disease. And there are plenty of them, among them I especially want to mention the following:
- Weak immunity. Currently, many people suffer from this problem. Affects improper diet, frequent stress. In this state, the body is unable to resist infections.
- Everyone knows that antibiotic therapy significantly violates the microflora in the body, as a result, it is no longer able to fight pathogenic microorganisms, and they begin to feel complete freedom.
- Violation of metabolic processes in the body.
- The body of pregnant women, especially in the last trimester, is very susceptible to such infections.
- Newborn babies can become infected during childbirth or breastfeeding.
Symptoms may differ slightly in patients, but most often in women thrush has the following manifestations:
- Burning sensation in the vagina.
- Pain during urination and intimacy.
- Cheesy discharge.
In men, as a rule, white bloom on the penis and the same unpleasant and painful sensations during the trip to the toilet and during sexual intercourse.
To find effective drugs for thrush for men and women, you need to visit a doctor and pass the necessary tests to determine not only the type of fungus, but also its sensitivity to drugs.
Mandatory measures in the treatment of thrush
In order for the treatment of candidiasis to be effective, it is not enough just to eliminate the existing fungus and stop the infection, but it is important to go through a whole range of activities:
- At the first stage, it is important to identify the causative agents of an infectious disease and determine their susceptibility to the effects of antifungal drugs.
- Restore the acidity of the medium and the number of beneficial microorganisms.
- To carry out activities to strengthen the immune system.
- Treat existing hormonal diseases.
- If possible, eliminate the factors that provoke the development of the disease: give up bad habits, do not abuse antibiotics, treat, if there are, genital infections.
Whatever the best drug for thrush for women is chosen, the majority of patients say that without all these measures the treatment will not be effective, the result will be short, so after a while there may be a relapse.
Forms and groups of drugs for the treatment of candidiasis
Currently there is a huge list of drugs that can fight the fungus. All of them are divided into two forms, depending on the method of use:
- Local preparations, which include creams, suppositories and vaginal tablets.
- Internal used in the form of tablets or capsules.
It must be remembered when choosing a drug that the best remedy for thrush in women (reviews confirm this) only will give a good result when it is used as part of complex therapy.
If we talk about the form of release of drugs for the treatment of thrush, we can call the following:
On what form to choose, it is better to discuss with your doctor depending on the results of the survey.
Many women opt for drugs in the form of tablets or capsules. This form has its advantages over the others, among them are the following advantages:
- The treatment gives a positive effect much faster.
- Taken inside the pill destroy the fungus, not only in the place of its main localization, but throughout the body.
- Tablets in their composition may have different active substances that affect the mycelium of the fungus and can suspend its growth and reproduction. They all differ in the speed of absorption in the body. Therefore, can be taken in various dosages.
- If the disease is mild, then often taking some pills will be enough for complete recovery.
Preparations for thrush for women may include the following active ingredients:
- Fluconazole, which is included in such drugs: Diflucan, Fluconazole, Flucostat, Mikomax. All of these drugs are used 150 mg once. Most often, such a dose is enough to cope with the infection.
All of these remedies for thrush in women have positive reviews. The drugs are quickly absorbed into the bloodstream and delivered to the affected area. If we compare the cure rate, then the benefits go to fluconazole, since this substance is able to defeat the fungus at once.
There are cases of intolerance to the drug, then the attending physician selects the medicine with another main component.
Candles from thrush
Many drugs against thrush in women receive good reviews, but one of the leading places in the treatment is candles. This can be explained by some of their advantages over other forms:
- Candles are well suited for relieving deeply localized thrush symptoms.
- Many vaginal suppositories contain not only antifungal component, but also other substances. For example, "Klion-D", in addition to miconazole, contains metronidazole. "Terzhinan" combines as many as 4 components: ternidazole, neomycin, nystatin, prednisone.
- There are some candles that are well suited for prevention. In this case, the best drug for thrush for women is Ginezol, it will reliably protect against this insidious disease.
- Candles are easy to use.
But this form of the drug has its drawbacks:
- Candles are effective only after ingestion. They cannot be used externally.
- Most often, candles are part of complex therapy against thrush, as a rule, they alone cannot cope with this ailment.
- Candles cannot be used during menstruation.
- To get the desired effect, you must follow the treatment regimen that the doctor prescribed.
It is possible to restore the useful microflora of the vagina by using local preparations based on lactobacilli. For example, with the help of vaginal capsules Lactoginal. They contain enhanced lactobacillus LCR35, contributing to the rapid normalization of pH and natural vaginal microflora. In a warm and humid environment of the vagina, they come to life and multiply, thus restoring bacterial balance, which not only provides protection against pathogens, but also prevents the reproduction of thrush fungi, which distinguishes the agent from its analogues based on lactic and ascorbic acid. Laktozhinal is a drug and is allowed during pregnancy and lactation. Thus, in addition to the treatment of bacterial vaginosis, the use of Lactoginal provides prevention of recurrent thrush.
Ointment against candidiasis
Independently, it is difficult to choose the best remedy for thrush in women, the advice of doctors must be taken into account. Most likely, the specialist will recommend a comprehensive therapy. If the pills fight off the fungus from the inside, then local drugs help get rid of local symptoms.
In this case, the place will have to use ointments from thrush. Compared with candles, they have their advantages:
- Can be used on the external genitals in both men and women. One of these well-known remedies is Pimafucin ointment.
- Such means have a quick effect: they remove redness and irritation, reduce pain.
- The cost of ointments is lower than candles.
- Easy to use and the almost complete absence of undesirable manifestations.
But ointments have their drawbacks, for example:
- They cannot be used to treat deep lesions, such as the uterus or appendages.
- Ointment usually contains one active ingredient.
The most famous ointments for thrush are the following:
- "Pimafutsin" and others.
Only a doctor according to the results of the study can find an effective remedy for thrush in women. Reviews are different about groups of drugs, because the body of each has its own individual characteristics. If one tool has helped someone well, it does not mean that it will have the same effect on everyone.
Folk medicine from thrush
Traditional methods of treatment of thrush are also in great demand among patients. Traditional medicine can offer the following ways to combat this disease:
- Internal use of decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs.
- The use of certain foods against thrush.
Quite often, doctors along with medical treatment are advised to use the methods of traditional medicine.
Among all the methods of traditional healers, douching occupies a special place. For this procedure, you can use the following fees:
- Make a collection of 20 grams of sage and rosemary leaf, 40 grams of oak bark, pour it with 3 liters of water and boil for half an hour. After straining, use for douching 2 times a day.
- Take one part of the pharmaceutical chamomile and cinquefoil goose, pour the mixture with a glass of boiling water, leave for 20 minutes and after cooling down, use for douching.
- Take 3 parts of oak bark and 2 parts of lime blossom, mix, and then four tablespoons of the mixture pour boiling water in an amount of 250 ml and insist 15-20 minutes. Many believe that it is among the popular methods of the best remedy for thrush in women. Reviews of douching this infusion excellent.
- Is considered effective and decoction of Hypericum. To prepare it, take 3 tablespoons of herbs and pour 2 liters of water, boil for 30 minutes, filter and use twice a day.
In addition to douching, you can use infusions and decoctions of medicinal herbs, among which the most effective are:
- Poplar buds.
- Birch buds.
To prepare a decoction of these herbs, you need to take 2 spoons of any means, pour a glass of boiling water and leave for 12 hours. Take half a cup three times a day on an empty stomach.
By the way, these broths can be used safely and for syringing. Only it is necessary to know that excessive fascination with syringing can also negatively affect the vaginal microflora.
Even if you advised a friend the best remedy for thrush in women, the reviews of doctors may be very different, so before applying it is best to consult a specialist. Despite the fact that folk remedies are the most innocuous, there are cases when their use is not recommended.
Food during thrush
Not only taking certain drugs, the presence of diseases can disrupt the microflora in the body. The diet can also contribute to this. If you have already been diagnosed with thrush, it is recommended to exclude the following products:
- Alcohol. It is able to reduce the concentration of the active substance in the blood, so the effectiveness of therapy will decrease.
- It is undesirable to abuse sweet when candida is a wonderful environment for the development of pathogenic microflora.
- Baking with yeast is also contraindicated.
- Limit cheese consumption.
- But dairy products can be consumed in any quantity.
It should be noted that such restrictions will not only help to defeat the thrush, but in general will be useful for the body.
Basic principles of treatment of thrush
In order not to choose drugs for thrush in women, review reviews, you must first analyze your lifestyle.
- First of all it concerns nutrition. It is necessary for yourself to understand that a healthy diet is not a diet, but a lifestyle that will help you stay healthy for many years.
- It is necessary to include as much as possible in the diet of fresh vegetables and fruits, herbs and berries.
- Regularly add cinnamon to ready meals.
- During the day, drink more water, herbal teas.
- To observe personal hygiene, to refuse synthetic fabrics, especially in underwear.
- It is advisable to use natural hygiene products.
- Strengthen immunity. During the cold season, as well as with frequent stresses, it is necessary to take vitamin complexes.
- If you have received a course of antibiotic therapy, you should drink a course of probiotics in order to restore normal microflora.
If you follow these simple recommendations, you can not only improve your health, but you will not need a cure for thrush in women. Reviews of some patients confirm that lifestyle changes have a positive effect on the general condition of the body.
Any disease requires a careful approach. Only complex treatment can get rid of the problem for a long time. Do not self-medicate so as not to cause more harm to your health.
General information about thrush
The disease causes a fungus of the genus Candida. Thrush (candidiasis) occurs in patients of all ages. The causative agent of infection is a member of the microflora of the oral cavity and large intestine and does not cause harm to health in small quantities. Abrupt reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms begins under the influence of certain factors. To prevent the development of candidiasis, it is worth knowing the causes of the appearance of pathology.
Among the factors provoking thrush, it is worth noting the following:
- Weak immunity.
- Violation of metabolism (metabolic processes in the body).
- Antibiotic treatment.
- The body is pregnant (especially in the 3rd trimester).
- The body of newborn babies (a child can become infected with candidiasis during childbirth or during feeding).
Symptoms of thrush
After infection with candidiasis, signs of the disease appear almost immediately. The main symptoms of fungal infection are presented below:
- burning in the vagina in women
- soreness during sexual intercourse and urination,
- cheesy discharge from women
- plaque on the penis is white in men.
Treatment for thrush
The disease is very unpleasant and dangerous, so a set of measures is recommended to combat it. Even the best remedy for thrush cannot permanently destroy microorganisms and prevent the recurrence of the disease, without additional measures. Therapy for candidiasis should include the following steps:
- Identification of the infectious agent, determination of the susceptibility of a microorganism to a specific drug.
- Restoration of acidity and internal microflora of the body.
- Strengthening immunity.
- Therapy of related hormonal disorders.
- Rejection of bad habits.
- Treatment of genital infections (if available).
Most of the patients and patients with the detection of symptoms of candidiasis prefer to deal with the disease pills. Among the advantages of this form of medicine is the following:
- The rapid effect of therapy.
- Oral drugs destroy the cells of the fungus not only in the source of infection, but throughout the patient's body.
- A mild form of candidiasis can be cured with antifungal tablets, without the use of ointments or suppositories.
Tablets preparations for thrush are made on the basis of various components that affect fungal cells, stop the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms. The speed of their absorption is different, so the tablets are taken in different dosages. All drugs for candidiasis contain one of the active ingredients:
- Fluconazole. The component is included in the composition of such tablets as Micomax, Diflucan, Flucostat. Apply drugs with fluconazole 150 mg once. As a rule, the dose is enough for complete recovery.
- Natamycin is a component of antifungal pimafucin tablets. Drugs based on this substance are prescribed for several days. Per day the patient needs to take 1 pill.
- Nystatin is included in tablets with the same name. Drugs based on this component are taken 4 times every day, 1 pc. The course of therapy is calculated individually, up to 14 days.
- Miconazole - the active substance in Micatin, Miconazole, Funginazole. Therapy with tablets based on this substance is 3 days, 1 pc. per day.
- Ketoconazole component of the drug of the same name and tablets Nizoral.Take 1-2 medicines daily with this substance. The course of treatment is calculated individually for up to 5 days.
Popular Thrush Tablets for Women
An effective remedy for systemic treatment of diseases caused by pathogenic fungi is Nizoral. It is made on the basis of ketoconazole, a substance with pronounced mycostatic and anti-fungal effects. Tablets affect the composition of the cell membranes of infectious agents, which leads to their death. The drug enters the bloodstream, so quickly spreads through the body. Due to this, you can take pills, regardless of the location of the infection. The course of treatment Nizoral - at least 5 days.
- does not enter the general bloodstream,
- regulates the composition of the vaginal microflora,
- fights against different types of pathogenic fungi,
- effective for infections of varying severity.
- causes allergies in patients with hypersensitivity to components
- contraindicated in pregnancy, liver, kidney,
- may cause disruption of the digestive tract, central nervous system, blood clotting.
Fluconazole - strong inexpensive capsules based on the component of the same name. After taking the medicine interferes with the growth and reproduction of candidiasis pathogens. Mild forms of fungal infections, these capsules eliminate after applying 1 pc. (150 mg). If the disease has become chronic, the treatment regimen is determined by the doctor, taking into account the individual characteristics of the organism of the particular patient.
- low cost,
- rapid absorption of components into the blood,
- active destruction of infectious agents,
- rapid normalization of the microflora of mucous membranes,
- prevention of disease recurrence.
- Capsules are contraindicated in pregnancy, lactation, kidney and liver diseases.
- The components of the drug can affect the work of the central nervous system, gastrointestinal tract.
- Allergy may develop during therapy.
- Exceeding the recommended dose can cause mental disorders, hallucinations.
Mikosist is another well-known oral medication against candidiasis. The drug is made in Hungary on the basis of fluconazole, has a pronounced antifungal effect. Before using the pill, it is important to study the contraindications, which the drug has a lot. The treatment regimen is determined by the doctor after a full examination of the patient.
- quick action
- active destruction of various types of infectious agents,
- prevention of disease recurrence.
- Tablets are not prescribed for breastfeeding, pregnancy.
- Active substances Mikosista can adversely affect the work of the central nervous system, gastrointestinal tract.
- The patient may develop an allergy to the components of the medication.
- Excess doses provoke mental disorders.
- The drug is not suitable for patients with impaired kidney, liver.
Clotrimazole - intravaginal pills from thrush. The tool is made on the basis of the component of the same name, exhibits activity against yeast-like fungi and other pathogens of genital infections. Each tablet contains 100 mg of clotrimazole. The tool acts on pathogenic microorganisms, does not allow them to grow and multiply. The course of pills is calculated individually from 6 to 14 days.
Causes and symptoms in women
Before looking for an inexpensive and effective cure for thrush for women, you need to know the cause of the disease. The factors causing problems in this area are numerous.
- Decrease in the immune forces of the body. This is facilitated by a poor lifestyle, poor nutrition, frequent stressful situations, colds, ARVI. The body loses its ability to resist harmful microorganisms.
- Treatment with antibacterial agents. Antibiotics destroy not only pathogens, but also healthy ones. As a result, favorable conditions for the development of the fungus Candida develop.
- Metabolic disorders in the body.
- Endocrine diseases, such as diabetes.
- Pregnancy. During this period, the body is weakened, immune forces are reduced, and candidiasis often develops as a result.
If thrush occurs in women, the symptoms are as follows:
- cheesy white vaginal discharge,
- itching, burning,
- redness of the external genitalia,
- pain during intercourse, as well as in the process of urination.
It is not enough to go to the pharmacy and ask for the most effective drugs for thrush in women. First of all, it is necessary to consult a doctor for examination. Analyzes will be assigned, as a result of which the gynecologist will determine the type of fungus and its sensitivity to certain groups of medicinal substances.
Be sure to assign treatment to a sexual partner in order to avoid re-infection after a course of therapy.
Drugs from thrush
If the question arises as to how to treat thrush in women, the drugs will have antifungal effects. They have a wide spectrum of action, have a number of not only indications, but also contraindications.
Therefore, if a diagnosis of thrush is made, treatment, only the doctor should select the drugs based on the examination and analysis results.
Below we consider the best drugs for candidiasis in women, often prescribed by doctors.
Effective antifungal and antimicrobial drug. His action is combined. At the heart of Terzhinan - the active substance Ternidazole.
The drug can not be used for pregnant women and mothers during lactation. Possible side effects in the form of local reactions - itching, burning of the mucous membrane of the external genital organs.
Form release - vaginal tablets from thrush. Method of application - 1 tablet 1 time per day. It is better to use the medicine in the evening, before bedtime. The duration of therapy is at least 10 days. Price from 380 r. per pack of 10 tablets.
The drug with antifungal effects. Well helps in the treatment of candidiasis.
Of the contraindications - the first trimester of pregnancy. In other trimesters and during lactation, the drug can be used only as prescribed by a physician. Of the side effects - only possible individual allergic reaction.
Form release - vaginal capsules. In the package of 6 or 12 pieces. Price - from 270 p.
The active ingredient of the drug is Natamycin. It is a broad spectrum antibiotic that is completely safe.
The drug is prescribed during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Of the possible side effects - local reactions, as well as stomach problems with the use of tablets.
Form release - tablets for oral administration, vaginal suppositories, as well as cream. The cost of 350, 150 and 250 p. respectively.
The active ingredient is fluconazole, which is highly effective in candidiasis. At the same time, it suppresses not only the fungus of the genus Candida, but also others.
The drug with a strong effect on the body, therefore, has a number of contraindications. Among them - pregnancy, breastfeeding, problems with the work of the kidneys, liver. There is an incompatibility with certain medicinal substances.
Form release - pills. Treatment of thrush involves the use of only one pill inside. Cost per package - from 400 p.
Known antifungal drug with a wide spectrum of action. Of contraindications - the first trimester in pregnant women. When breastfeeding is used with caution, only as directed by a physician.
Among the side effects - only individual intolerance and possible allergies in the form of local reactions - itching, burning, hyperemia of the mucous membranes.
Form release - pills for thrush for women, powder, ointment, cream. Most often prescribed cream. Application - application to the affected areas two or three times a day. The course of therapy is on average 4 weeks. It is not recommended to stop treatment after the symptoms of candidiasis disappear. Packing cost - from 100 r.
This drug is effective in the chronic form of candidiasis. Allowed to pregnant and lactating women, but other than the first trimester.
Form release - vaginal suppositories. The course of treatment is 5 days and 10 days for chronic candidiasis. Price candles Livarol from 300 p. per pack of 5 candles.
What are the symptoms of chlamydia? Read the article about the disease, its causes in women, characteristic symptoms, diagnosis and treatment methods.
Why are the discharge after menstruation? Details in this article.
The drug is an antiseptic with disinfectant properties. It is characterized by safety, as well as the possibility of use in pregnant women, nursing mothers.
From side effects - only individual allergic reactions. It is prescribed not only in the treatment of thrush, but also as a prophylactic agent for a number of genital infections.
Form release - vaginal suppositories. Price - from 250 p. per pack.
The above list of drugs compiled on the basis of reviews of doctors and cured women. It is worth recalling that the prescription of a medicine should be made only by the attending physician on the basis of the examination, the course of the disease and the individual characteristics of the patient’s body.
In the video about the disease
Medicine for thrush
There are several ways to treat this unpleasant disease. Choose drugs for thrush recommended for multiple factors. The disease can develop in men, women, or a child, affecting the mucous in the mouth, nose, or genital area. Given the clinical picture, you can use:
- drug treatment,
- syringing infusions of medicinal herbs,
- antifungal drugs for local treatment (ointments, creams, sprays).
Discuss the effectiveness of a particular method of treatment is recommended by a doctor. All antifungal medications are divided into local and internal. Ointments and creams for chronic thrush and diseases of the neglected form are ineffective, but they help to get rid of the itch and relieve irritation. According to reviews, the most effective is complex therapy, which combines local anti-thrush and anti-mycotic capsules with home remedies.
Remedies for thrush in men
This disease can develop not only in women, but also in men, however, its treatment has features. How to get rid of candidiasis? It is necessary to make a choice in favor of drugs with a strong effect for local application. Use special antifungal gels, ointments and creams twice a day until the signs of infection disappear. Sometimes doctors recommend patients to take pills inside. To alleviate the condition, you can pay attention to folk remedies (soda solution, extracts of useful herbs and others). Additionally, patients are shown a diet.
What drugs to treat thrush in men:
- Solution of clotrimazole,
Remedy for thrush in children
When babies are sick, it is especially important for parents to choose the best remedy for thrush. In modern pharmacies there are several common medications that differ in price and form of release. How to treat candidiasis in a child? You can consider an antifungal agent for the treatment of thrush in children from the list provided:
- Miramistin has a wide range of actions. Available in the form of an ointment or therapeutic solution. The composition is applied in a small layer on the damaged area.
- Candide - an effective tool, if you believe reviews of parents. The babies are prescribed in the form of a solution, which is used to treat the affected area. Take no more than 3 times every day, the course - up to two weeks.
- Nystatin is an antibiotic produced in pill form. It can be prescribed when running and severe form. The composition sometimes causes allergies.
Antifungal drugs of local action
If the disease is mild, then local treatment with solutions, sprays, ointments is recommended, and taking antibacterial tablets is worth it in severe cases. The fact is that antibiotics negatively affect the bladder, liver and kidneys. Below are the popular antifungal drugs for local thrush:
- Kanesten - antibacterial gel, cream, vaginal tablets.
- Nystatin ointment is an effective remedy with low cost.
- Miconazole - this tool is in the top of the most popular drugs for the local treatment of thrush.
- Levorin is another effective topical medication with an acceptable cost.
Vaginal tablets for thrush
Often suppositories are confused with vaginal tablets due to a similar mode of administration. Prescribe treatment with such drugs should be a doctor. The use of vaginal tablets is effective even with advanced forms of the disease. Capsules are introduced by the applicator or fingertip, pre-moistened with water. Pills may be used during pregnancy. The most popular drugs are presented below:
- It is possible to restore the useful microflora of the vagina by using local preparations based on lactobacilli. For example, with the help of vaginal capsules Lactoginal. They contain enhanced lactobacillus LCR35, contributing to the rapid normalization of pH and natural vaginal microflora. In a warm and humid environment of the vagina, they come to life and multiply, thus restoring bacterial balance, which not only provides protection against pathogens, but also prevents the reproduction of thrush fungi, which distinguishes the agent from its analogues based on lactic and ascorbic acid. Laktozhinal is a drug and is allowed during pregnancy and lactation. Thus, in addition to the treatment of bacterial vaginosis with the use of Lactoginal, recurrence of thrush is prevented.
- Klion-D 100 - the price is about 400 rubles.
- Terzhinan - means with the content of nystatin, ternidozol, prednisone. The cost of packaging of 6 pieces - 330-380 rubles.
- Irunin - the price is about 300-350 rubles per pack.
So it is better to take a sick woman from thrush, and by what effective means do the symptoms disappear radically and quickly? To answer this question without prior analysis is impossible. Adequate treatment for thrush in women depends on the microflora of the vagina, and the drugs are selected taking into account the sensitivity of the pathogen to the active active start of the medication. Therefore, it is only a doctor, after taking smears for bacteriological analysis and getting the result from the laboratory, can say which drugs can treat candidiasis in each particular case.
To maximize the effect of therapy with thrush, taking antimycotic drugs should be accompanied by additional measures, including:
- close personal hygiene
- wearing pure cotton underwear with a preliminary ironing of the pants with a hot iron,
- use for hygiene procedures only fragrance free baby soap,
- refusal to take hormonal drugs and antibiotics, with the exception of situations of treatment of existing serious associated diseases,
- daily diet correlation. Treatment of candidiasis in women with antifungal agents is accompanied by the restriction of carbohydrates, as well as the rejection of smoked, fried and fatty foods.
Do not neglect inexpensive means. The effectiveness of treatment depends not on the cost of the medicine, but on the resistance of the pathogen to the active active start of the medicine.
Common action drugs
In advanced cases, as well as in case of chronic or relapsing course of the disease, systemic action of drugs is prescribed orally. The drugs produced in tablets, influencing the whole body, help to radically cure the disease even in the most persistent cases. At the same time, tableted drugs used for thrush in women destroy fungal mycelium and spores not only in the vagina, but also in all internal organs. To enhance the effect and speed up the healing process, it is sometimes possible to take generic pills and capsules from candidiasis in combination with local therapy.
Antifungal drugs of general effect is not recommended for pregnant and lactating women!
For systemic treatment using the following drugs for severe thrush in women:
When thrush girls are recommended to drink pills only as prescribed by a doctor. Self-treatment with systemic agents can not only worsen the course of the disease, but also lead to undesirable effects from the internal organs.
Such drugs as Fluconazole can quickly and effectively treat thrush in women. Available in capsules containing 50 mg or 150 mg of the active substance. The drug disrupts the growth and division of fungal cells, destroying their membranes.
In mild cases, a single dose of 150mg is enough. If you take 1 capsule on the first day of the onset of signs of the disease, you can completely avoid increasing symptoms and further development of the disease. For the prevention of relapse, fluconazole is prescribed once a month. The course of treatment in such cases lasts up to a year.
Contraindications for the treatment of thrush in women with antifungal substances is individual hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
During treatment may develop complications:
- from the organs of the gastrointestinal tract: pain in the abdomen, nausea, taste disturbance, changes in the frequency and consistency of the stool, bloating,
- on the part of the central nervous system: headaches of varying intensity, heightened fatigue syndrome,
With long-term drug therapy should periodically monitor the functional state of the liver and kidneys. In case of changes in blood biochemical parameters, treatment with Fluconazole is terminated.
For the treatment of candidiasis, drugs containing ketoconazole have been used successfully. The substance has a wide spectrum of action that will help with candidiasis caused by various types of fungi. Aggression of the active ingredient against streptococci and staphylococci contributes to a high therapeutic effect of the drug in cases of disease progression against the background of a bacterial infection.
For candidiasis in women, the remedy is taken in 2 capsules once a day. After 5 days of treatment, all the symptoms of the disease disappear, and a cure occurs.
Therapy with ketoconazole is excluded in cases of individual intolerance to substances that make up the drug, pregnancy, as well as functional and organic disorders of the liver and kidneys.
The drug can lead to violations of the gastrointestinal tract, headaches, and allergic rashes on the skin.
Well help from thrush for women means containing Itraconazole. Of this group, Teknazole is most often assigned. Due to the active substance, preparations containing Itraconazole violate the metabolism in the membranes of fungal cells, which leads to the death of yeast and yeast-like fungi.
The drug can cause unwanted effects on the liver, kidneys, and cardiovascular system. Given the short course of treatment, the risk of side effects is quite low. If you have a history of chronic heart failure from the appointment of this drug should be abandoned.
Technazol, depending on the course of the pathological process, is administered 2 tablets 1 time per day for three days or twice a day 2 tablets per day.
To know how to treat thrush and choose the right drugs, you need to make strokes on the sensitivity of fungi to different groups of medicines. Otherwise, even the most effective drugs for candidiasis in women may be powerless.
The most popular are inexpensive and effective antifungal drugs of local action, which have a powerful therapeutic effect in vaginal thrush. However, it should be borne in mind that even the best medicine that helps well for candidiasis will not get rid of this unpleasant disease once and for all. A sharp decrease in the body's defenses against other adverse factors may lead to a relapse of the disease.
Modern medicines, however, quickly enough cope with any recurrence of the disease and eliminate all its symptomatic manifestations.
Due to the active substance, the drugs used in the treatment of the disease have all the properties necessary for the treatment of pathology:
- inhibit growth and destroy fungal cells
- normalizes acid-base balance in the vagina,
- eliminate inflammatory processes
- restore local immunity.
Local remedies for candidiasis taken by women can be divided into three large groups. The first group includes drugs with a specific antifungal effect. These are candles such as Clotrimazole and Ketoconazole. The second group includes drugs for thrush in women with antimicrobial action. The most frequently of this group are Pimafucin, Nystatin and Levorin. The third group is the combined agents, which include substances that have both antimycotic and antimicrobial effects.
Which of these remedies best help against thrush? In each individual case, an exact answer to this question can only be given by the attending physician after the examinations performed.
Depending on the causes of the exacerbation of the disease, even in one woman, different relapses can be treated by various means.
How to apply local preparations
Topical antimycotics for the treatment of vaginal candidiasis should be taken according to certain rules. This will ensure maximum effectiveness of the application of the tool and recovery in time. When deviating from these rules, even the most effective drugs for candidiasis in women may not be effective.
The composition of intravaginal suppositories, in addition to the active active ingredient, includes shaping components that easily melt at body temperature. Therefore, in order to prevent the softening of the agent in the hands, the packaging with the suppository should be opened directly by the insertion of a candle into the vagina.
The correct technique of introducing candles into the vagina:
- suppositories are administered only after hygiene procedures for which soap with neutral acidity is used, for example, “Baby”,
- For maximum effect, treatment with candles is best performed at night, since in a horizontal position the active substance of the medicament is evenly distributed throughout the vagina, and also penetrates the uterine vault and the mouth. If the suppository is placed in the morning or in the afternoon, time should be planned so that after the administration of the drug there is an opportunity to lie down for another half hour,
- candles should be introduced only in the supine position.
Be sure to take into account the fact that the pathology should be treated simultaneously with both partners. Antifungal agents produced in the form of ointments, gels, sprays, creams can be used for men for therapy.
Throughout the treatment of the disease, women should prefer natural cotton underwear, which must be ironed with a hot iron before putting it on. Due to the sharp increase due to specific therapy, the amount of discharge is desirable to use sanitary pads during this period.
During the entire course of treatment it is better to refuse intimate life or use condoms that do not contain latex.
The most effective drug from thrush new generation. Treatment of candidiasis in women with these suppositories takes only one day. The candle should be inserted into the vagina as deep as possible in the evening before bedtime. In rare cases, if you cannot cure thrush at once, the second dose of the medication is carried out exactly one week after the first use of the drug. For better effect, you can apply the cream Zalain, lubricating them vulva and external genitals.
Sometimes it may appear quickly passing symptoms of severe itching and burning. These sensations arise as a result of irritating the mucous membrane of the vagina of the products of the collapse of the fungus. Additional therapy in these cases is not required.
During treatment, it should be borne in mind that the active active ingredient Zalain reduces the effect of intravaginal contraceptives. Also at the time of therapy it is necessary to abandon the use of latex condoms, because the active active ingredient can destroy the protective agent.
Time-tested drug with fungicidal and antimicrobial action. Available in the form of a solution for external use, spray and ointment. This bactericidal and antifungal medicine is suitable for both prophylactic treatment of the vagina and for medicinal purposes. Miramistin can be used both as monotherapy and as part of a complex treatment of a fungus.
The tool in the solution is best suited for syringing with candidiasis. You can also moisten a cotton swab with a liquid preparation and inject it into the vagina overnight. Cream for therapeutic and prophylactic purposes can safely be used by pregnant and lactating women.
Miramistin is prescribed daily for the night in the form of douching or cotton swabs moistened with medication for 5-7 days. In the course of treatment, a burning sensation may appear after applying the medication for a few seconds.
Forms of drugs for thrush in women
The fungus Candida - the causative agent of thrush - can affect mucous membranes, skin and even internal organs of a person. The most common localization of candidiasis in women is the vagina and the vulva. Thrush confidently ranks first among inflammatory diseases in gynecology. Fungi are a normal component of the female microflora, but with a decrease in immunity, conditionally pathogenic organisms multiply beyond measure and cause vulvovaginitis.
When candidiasis is traditionally prescribed drugs of local action: candles, ointments, tampons. Antifungal components are in direct contact with the vaginal mucosa, destroying yeast colonies. However, modern methods of treatment are based on complex therapy: candles - as an adjuvant and oral tablets - as the main one.
Wide-acting drugs taken orally, quickly suppress the infection immediately in all foci, it’s no secret that candida often gets into the genital tract from the intestine. Moreover, taking antimycotics is desirable not only for the woman, but also for her partner.
The main groups of oral pills from thrush
Anti-thrush tablets contain various active substances that differ in their spectrum and mechanism of action:
- Polyene antibiotics are compounds with a broad antifungal activity: natamycin, nystatin, levorin, amphotericin B. On the basis of these components, preparations Nystatin, Pimafucin, Levorin, Fungizon are made. This group of drugs destroys the membranes of yeast cells, as well as the simplest (amoebae, Trichomonas). Polyene prescribed for the treatment of thrush and its prevention with prolonged antibiotic therapy.
- Azoles are synthetic substances that inhibit the growth and reproduction of yeast-like fungi, dermatophytes and other pathogens of mycoses. In tablets from thrush, triazole derivatives are used: fluconazole, voriconazole, itraconazole. Ketaconazole, which is part of a number of antifungal drugs, is currently excluded from systemic treatment of candidiasis due to its high toxicity and is used, like other imidazole derivatives, as local remedies. On the basis of azoles, the preparations Diflucan, Mikosist, Irunin, Nizoral and their numerous analogues are made. These medicines are suitable for the treatment of acute and chronic thrush.
5 most popular tablets from thrush
Pharmacies sell dozens of drugs for candidal vulvovaginitis. What pills from thrush in women is better and more effective in a particular case should be determined by a gynecologist. The choice of drug and treatment regimen depends on many factors: how long the symptoms of candidiasis appeared, for the first time or again, how expressed they were, what provoked them, the number of relapses of the disease per year, as well as the available contraindications.
Nystatin is a polyene antibiotic active against Candida fungi. It has no systemic toxic effects, is practically not absorbed in the digestive tract and can be used in children and, if absolutely necessary, in pregnant women.
Directly in the treatment of thrush this drug has rarely been used in recent years, since it is less effective than modern remedies. He is not appointed for the treatment of chronic candidiasis - with long-term use in mushrooms, nystatin resistance is produced, and it becomes more difficult to get rid of the disease.
But this medicine is best suited for the prevention of thrush with antibiotic therapy with penicillin and tetracycline drugs and after operations on the gastrointestinal tract. The standard course is 2 weeks with dosage of 250000 - 500000 IU from 4 to 8 times a day.
- sensitivity to components
- severe liver disease,
- peptic ulcer disease.
When taking such possible side effects as allergies, dyspepsia, chills, vomiting. The cost of the Russian and Belarusian Nystatin tablets - within 100 rubles per pack of 100 tablets.
Pimafucin, an antibiotic from the group of polyenes, contains the substance natamycin (100 mg), which has a fungicidal effect against most fungal pathogens. Tablets are absorbed in the intestines, allowed for women during pregnancy and lactation.
The drug is recommended for the treatment of chronic candidal vaginitis in combination with other antifungal agents, for example, the same name candles. Oral administration of Pimafucin contributes to the rehabilitation of foci of infection in the vagina and intestines. Treatment regimen: 1 tablet 4 times a day, duration - from 10 to 20 days.
The drug is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its components, rare side effects in the form of nausea and diarrhea do not require cessation of therapy and gradually pass away on their own. Packaging Pimafutsina (Dutch company Astellas) costs about 450 rubles, the minimum course requires 2 packs.
Nizoral - tablets based on imidazole derivative - ketoconazole - act against different types of fungi, including Candida. Analogues of the drug are Mycozoral, Ketoconazole, Oronazole, Fungavis. These drugs are indicated for recurrent thrush with the ineffectiveness of therapy by other means.
Nizoral regimen: 2 tablets at a time with food 1 time per day, course duration - at least 7 days. Ketaconazole is toxic, has many side effects, is prohibited for children, women during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as well as patients over 50 years of age. Tablets can not be used simultaneously with hepatotoxic, antiarrhythmic, hypnotic, antacid and a number of other drugs. The cost of packaging starts from 500 rubles for 10 pieces.
Irunin is an antifungal agent of the last generation based on itraconazole for the treatment of almost all types of mycosis. It has a fungicidal effect, destroying the fungal cell membrane.
Itraconazole preparations are effective pills for thrush. The active substance accumulates in the walls of the vagina and continues to work after the end of therapy for another 2 days with a three-day course of administration, and 3 days with one-day. In the first case, patients take 1 capsule per day, in the second - 2 tablets 2 times immediately after meals.
The effectiveness of Irunin and its analogs (Orungal, Rumikoz, Itrazol) has a reverse side in the form of many limitations and side effects. These drugs are not prescribed to children, elderly patients, pregnant or nursing. Women of reproductive age must be carefully protected during treatment, since the toxic effects of itraconazole can cause fetal abnormalities.
Also pills are contraindicated in:
- liver failure
- lung pathologies
- hearing impairment
- taking medications that enhance the action of itraconazole.
When treating thrush Irunin, reactions from neurology, digestion, sensory organs, skin, hematopoietic systems and movement are possible, in women - menstrual disorders. 6 capsules of Irunin can be bought for 400 rubles.
According to statistics, Diflucan is the most popular cure for thrush in acute and chronic form. 150 mg of fluconazole in its composition have a powerful fungistatic effect: they rapidly inhibit the growth of candida and other fungi. In mild cases, 1 capsule is enough to get rid of the symptoms of vaginitis. With recurrent thrush, 1 tablet is shown every month for six months or more, more frequent use is allowed if necessary.
Azoles should be drunk with plenty of water, and with a weak acidity of gastric juice - with acidic drinks. Hypersensitivity, pregnancy, breastfeeding, heart disease, liver, kidney, taking certain medications are contraindications to treatment with Diflucan.
In the list of side effects:
- change in taste,
- dizziness and headaches
- allergic reactions
- atrial fibrillation
- abnormal liver function
- pathologies of blood formation.
One capsule of Diflucan 150 mg can cost from 450 rubles and more. Fuconazole products are also available in tablets with lower dosages for longer treatments.
Cheap pills against thrush
If a pharmacy asks for good pills from thrush, the pharmacist will most likely offer the most expensive and advertised. Given that many women will experience unpleasant symptoms more than once a year, the cost of treatment can be quite a round sum.
However, inexpensive pills for thrush for women are no less effective, you just need to know which ones are suitable for replacing the prescribed ones. Instead of the prescribed drug, you can buy a similar, but more affordable. It is enough to clarify with the gynecologist the name of the active substance, and the choice will expand significantly: antifungal generics in quality are not worse than the original. In addition, prices for the same drug may vary significantly between different pharmaceutical companies, and domestic medicines cost several times less than imported ones.
So, in addition to the well-known Diflucan, pharmacies have other capsules 150 mg with the same composition:
Если врач прописал Пимафуцин, альтернативы таблетированной форме этого препарата нет, но можно поискать замену суппозиториям, которые практически всегда назначают в дополнение: Экофуцин или Примафунгин обойдутся дешевле.
При необходимости пропить курс дорогого Низорала (1500 руб. 30 таблеток), можно сэкономить, если купить:
- Микозорал – 590 руб. за аналогичную упаковку,
- Фунгавис – 200 руб. за 20 штук,
- Кетоконазол — 510 руб. (3 пачки по 10 капсул).
Cheap tablets from thrush on the basis of itraconazole are produced by the Russian company Biocom: 362 rubles. per pack of 14 capsules. The remaining drugs with a similar dosage of 2 or even 3 times more expensive:
- Irunin - 774
- Itrazol - 786,
- Rumicosis - 954,
- Orungal - 2300.
Life after thrush: how to avoid relapse
It is important not to stop therapy when symptoms disappear - the prescribed course must be completed to avoid recurrence of the disease. Since most antifungal drugs of systemic action are toxic, it is not recommended to drink them without good reason.
Also, with undertreated thrush and indiscriminate intake of antimycotics, fungi develop resistance to the drugs. Each relapse is more and more difficult to treat, sooner or later an effective drug may stop working altogether. In such cases, it is not necessary to experiment with all drugs sold in a pharmacy. It is better to pass the analysis and find out exactly which pathogens are sensitive to which active substance.
If chronic thrush is activated on the background of taking antibiotics, hormones, immunosuppressants, Nystatin can be used for prophylaxis at the same time as therapy, after consulting a doctor.
To prevent candidiasis, further provoking factors should be avoided:
- improper hygiene
- use of aggressive detergents,
- wearing tight linen, synthetics,
- excess carbohydrate intake
- messy links.
In fact, vaginal dysbiosis leads to thrush, therefore, the strengthening of general and local immunity is a mandatory item in prevention. A fungal infection attacks the female body at a time when it is weakened by illness, pregnancy, acclimatization, hormonal disruption, or stress.
With persistent candidiasis, it is necessary to revise your lifestyle: move more, follow a low-carb diet, stop using soap and shower gel in intimate hygiene - there are special products for this.
For women with thrush, it doesn’t hurt to be attentive to the reaction of your body to certain factors. It helps to understand what specifically provokes the symptoms of candidiasis and to avoid such situations. For example, the day before, the patient froze, ate sweets, swam in a chlorinated pool or had contact with a new partner, and in the morning discovered an itch and cheesy discharge from the vagina.
If thrush continues to recur regularly, it should be examined in addition to the gynecologist by other specialists:
- Take a blood sugar test. Candida feeds on glucose, and its high level may indicate a latent course of diabetes.
- Check the level and ratio of sex hormones.
- Cure intestinal dysbacteriosis.
- Restore normal vaginal microflora. Treatment with local probiotics can be carried out only without exacerbation of thrush.
In a healthy body with strong immunity, opportunistic candida suppresses naturally inhibited without taking tablets from thrush.
Women’s reviews of pills for thrush largely depend on the nature of their illness. Many patients, first encountered with candidiasis, with competent and timely treatment with modern drugs, as a rule, manage to get rid of the symptoms and prevent transformation into the chronic stage.
“I somehow caught a bad cold, had to be treated with antibiotics. What a shock when, a few days after the course of treatment, I felt unbearable scabies in the vagina and white discharge. I was terrified to the horror, as women have with us, she began to suspect the worst about her boyfriend.
As a result, the gynecologist put thrush, said that reduced immunity from bronchitis plus antibiotics were likely to be the cause. Diflucan was prescribed, 1 capsule drank sazu, then another one after 3 days. I also inserted candles with some kind of bacteria. Since then, this has never happened. ”
Svetlana, 25 years old - Moscow
Patients with recurrent candidiasis talk about their treatment experience:
“Before pregnancy, I didn’t know what thrush was. I hoped that after giving birth the body would return to normal and get rid of this filth. But no, now she visits me constantly, even from sea water and flavored daily. Than just not treated, a whole year saw flukostat tablets. The only thing that has been achieved is that exacerbations have become less common, but God forbid something to get sick or a couple of days to eat sweet. ”
Olga, 28 years old - Novosibirsk
“A thrush came to me because of the stress after a divorce. I lead a normal life, I eat right, do fitness, so for a long time I could not understand why this sore clings to me again and again. Just sort of treat, after some time, again, the selection and pain during sex, just torment. The gynecologist hinted that the reason might be in a partner. Well, it is. Passed the next course together. I saw and inserted Pimafucin, the man was given Diflucan and Pimafucin external ointment. It seems to have helped. ”
Elena, 32 years old - Ekaterinburg
For many years I suffer with thrush. I don’t even know why it starts, but as soon as I feel that it is “it,” I immediately take Fluconazole. These are cheap pills, no difference with expensive Diflucan.
Symptoms relieves in a couple of days. But lately they stopped helping and I was advised to drink Irunin's medicine, it somehow works differently. And really, I already forgot when I was ill last time.
Despite a lot of advice on self-treatment of candidiasis, remember that the wrong therapy makes this "harmless" disease a great problem, significantly worsening the quality of life of a woman. Before buying drugs, by all means consult a specialist.
So what kind of remedies are inexpensive and effective for treating this sensitive problem?
- Price: from 100-150 r
- Clinical and pharmacological group: antifungal antibiotic
- Active ingredient: Nistanin
- Pharmacy Release Condition: Prescription
- Analogues of drugs: Mycostatin, Fungitsdin, Antikandin, Monoral, etc.
Today, doctors all over the world choose these pills for effective treatment of candidiasis. This inexpensive remedy for thrush saved our grandmothers and today has become a truly golden classic. What attracts doctors in this medicine? First of all, its effectiveness. Nystatin has a great effect on all types of yeast, while not having serious contraindications (abnormal liver function, pancreatitis, stomach ulcer). It is effective and safe with both a short and long course of treatment, and also does not require complex regimens and vigilant control. And the main feature of these pills is that they can be applied to children of the first year of life. The cost of one package of the drug is less than 150 p. and not exactly hit your pocket.
How to drink Nystatin?
The drug is taken orally by 500 thousand. Units 3-4 times a day, or 250 thousand. Units. 6-8 times. If you use vaginal tablets from thrush, then the drug must be taken intravaginally after vaginal hygiene 2 times a day for 250 thousand units.
The course of treatment is 10-14 days. Possible side effects: nausea, diarrhea, allergic reactions.
From contraindications should be noted:
- concomitant use of terfenadine
- sensitivity to the active substance.
- Contraindicated in children up to a year.
Treatment of candidiasis with Fluconazole also does not have any difficulties, since you only need to take one tablet for thrush at a dosage of 150 mg.
Side effects of Fluconazole: nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, headache, fatigue are also possible.
- Price: 250-350 r
- Clinical and pharmacological group: antifungal
- Active ingredient: itraconazole (in the form of pellets)
- Pharmacy dispensing conditions: prescription
- Analogs: Vorizol, and Vfend, and Diflazol, Irunin, however, their price is much higher.
These are good pills for men with candida but are also suitable for women. In spite of the fact that male doctors most often prescribe antifungal agents in the form of a cream or ointment, in the case when it is necessary to use pills, choose this particular agent. The price of Itraconazole varies from 250 to 350 rubles. per pack.
How to use?
Adults should take 1-2 tab. inside (200-400 mg) once a day. To improve the absorption of the drug, you can drink it with an acidic drink. Unlike most other means, women can not take these pills for thrush without a doctor's prescription. Just because they do not buy in the pharmacy.
- Price: 250-350 r
- Clinical and pharmacological group: antifungal
- Active ingredient: itraconazole (in the form of pellets)
- Pharmacy dispensing conditions: prescription
- Analogs: Vorizol, and Vfend, and Diflazol, Irunin, however, their price is much higher.
These are good pills for men with candida but are also suitable for women. In spite of the fact that male doctors most often prescribe antifungal agents in the form of a cream or ointment, in the case when it is necessary to use pills, choose this particular agent. The price of Itraconazole varies from 250 to 350 rubles. per pack.
How to use?
The drug is taken twice in 200 mg during the day, or 1 time in 200 mg for 3 days. When choosing traconazole should be remembered that they are contraindicated for people with cardiovascular diseases. Itraconazole also adversely affects the liver, so if you have symptoms such as nausea, bitter mouth, loss of appetite, or dull pain in the right hypochondrium, you should stop taking the pills and consult a doctor immediately. This and
Alternative to pills
Separately, I want to touch on the topic of vaginal suppositories for thrush, which include: Irunin, Livarol, Betadine, Lomeksin, Ginesol, Gyno-pevaril, Zalain. For a woman, candles are a great way to end vaginal candidiasis once and for all. In addition, some of them are enough to apply only once. Remember that when using them, one should strictly adhere to the instructions and recommendations of the doctor, however there are also general rules for their use.
- Treatment must be carried out to both partners in order to avoid the so-called “ping-pong effect”, when you are being treated for thrush, the partner sends you back, he heals himself, then you are already giving the disease to him and so on to infinity.
- During the course you need to abandon the synthetic and tight linen.
- Before inserting candles, the vagina must be gently rinsed with warm, clean water without the use of any detergents.
- Candles should be inserted deep into the vagina while lying down.
- During treatment, it is prohibited to use flavored pads, fluids for intimate hygiene, soap, shower gels and scented toilet paper.
Alas, to cover absolutely all means of candidiasis, a few articles are not enough. We told only about the most common and cheap ones. The choice is yours, but remember that only a qualified specialist will appoint you the most effective and safe treatment.
What to choose: candles or tablets
Preparations for candidiasis are divided into two types: local and systemic. External remedies directly affect the site of infection, and the pills affect the whole organism.
Candles are prescribed in the early stages of thrush. With their help, it is possible to get rid of the clinical manifestations of candidiasis. Treatment in women with drugs of this group lasts a maximum of two weeks. In addition to the main active component, they contain an antibiotic, but it does not adversely affect the gastrointestinal system and the liver due to the fact that it is used externally. The minimum amount of funds has such contraindications: pregnancy, breastfeeding and liver disease. Possible side effects occur in rare cases.
It is not possible to get rid of the chronic form of thrush with the help of topical medications. To eliminate the signs of the disease, resort to complex therapy with the use of tablets.
Systemic medications help to destroy the fungal infection, regardless of its stage of development, however, the components of the drug adversely affect the intestinal microflora. After the end of therapy, women need to drink a course of prebiotics, probiotics and vitamins.
Only a doctor can choose an effective remedy for thrush. Early treatment of candidiasis in women has a positive trend. Drugs can be used both cheap and expensive, but they are assigned individually.
Review of the most common expensive tablets and cheap analogues
Depending on the principle of action, all systemic remedies for candidiasis are divided into several types:
- Polyene group. Quickly destroy fungi by destroying their cell membranes. Among the medicines of this type are Pimafucin, Levorin, Nystatin, Natamycin.
- Triazoles. The action lasts for one and a half days after ingestion. Medicines are minimally toxic. The best products of this group are Fluconazole, Mikosist, Flucostat, Itraconazole.
- Imidazoles. Medicines have increased permeability, pronounced antibacterial and antimycotic effects, but are very toxic and can provoke side reactions. The most popular among them are Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole, Mycozoral.
The cost of the drug depends on the brand of manufacturer. You can drink inexpensive and effective means, as well as more expensive medicines for thrush. The treatment plan must be selected by the doctor.
It has a wide spectrum of action and is applied from thrush in women. Available in pill form. Its main advantage is the ease of therapy. To destroy a fungal infection, it is enough to drink only one capsule.
It is not recommended to use medication for pregnant and lactating women. Among the contraindications also distinguish kidney pathology and individual intolerance to the components of Diflucan.
The active substance of the drug Mikosist is fluconazole. The medicine is produced in the form of tablets intended for oral administration. Mikosyst contraindicated in pregnant women and people with kidney disease. Side effects from the central nervous system, gastrointestinal tract and allergic reactions are not excluded. The drug is considered conditionally safe and effective, due to which it is used in the treatment of thrush in women.
This is a synthetic drug that is called an analogue of fluconazole. It is used for the prevention and treatment of candidiasis. Capsules of 50 and 150 mg are issued.
The drug is not contraindicated in pregnant women. It is not prescribed to women with open tuberculosis and HIV-infected.
Antifungal drugs from candidiasis of this group differ in the form of release, the active substance, the existing indications and contraindications, the duration of therapy and its possible consequences.
Among the medicines there are monopreparations and drugs of complex action. When choosing, you must be guided by the doctor’s prescriptions and composition.
Against thrush in women, vaginal tablets are often prescribed that have a local effect on the lesion. They do not cause side effects and cope with the task in a short time. The drug is introduced into the vagina twice during the day.
There are many drugs with this form of release. The most popular among them are Clotrimazole, Canison, Irunin, Terzhinan.
It is possible to eliminate the clinical manifestations of vaginal candidiasis with the help of candles, which are able to penetrate deep into the vagina and relieve inflammation from the mucous membrane. Drugs in this group have almost no side effects, and for this reason they are prescribed to pregnant women.
Among the most effective, Pimafucin, Livarol, Zalain is distinguished from thrush.
Ointments, creams and gels
Ointments, creams and gels are very popular in the fight against thrush. This is due to the fact that their action is fast enough, and side effects occur in rare cases. Medicines are easy to use and dispensed in pharmacies at an affordable price. A popular medicine is Clotrimazole - cream and ointment.
Among the newest forms of release is Ginofort, which is sold in a syringe. The use of the drug due to this becomes as convenient as possible. The applicator is simply inserted into the vagina, and its contents are squeezed out.
Effective preparations for thrush often have a combined effect. For local treatment, tablets or suppositories are prescribed that can eliminate not only the fungal infection, but also the accompanying infection.
The composition of these funds may include an antibiotic, a substance against the simplest or glucocorticoid hormone. Among the drugs that give the strongest effect - Klion-D, Terzhinan and Polygynax.
In the process of treatment of fungal thrush can appoint Neo-Penotran Forte. The drug is available in the form of candles and has an antimicrobial, antimycotic effect. Due to the special composition of the symptoms of the disease are eliminated in a short time.
Among the contraindications for use are the first trimester of pregnancy, kidney disease and individual intolerance to the components.
Combined Therapy for Thrush
Комплексное лечение молочницы включает в себя целый ряд мероприятий:
- increase immunity
- восстановление кислотности среды,
- коррекцию рациона питания,
- compliance with the rules of personal hygiene,
- elimination of factors provoking the development of the disease.
In the process of therapy, anti-mycotic drugs for the treatment of thrush are mandatory. Only with an integrated approach can quickly suppress the development of a fungal infection, eliminate clinical manifestations and get rid of candidiasis.
No matter how effective are the drugs for candidiasis, with non-compliance with the rules of hygiene relapse can not be avoided. During treatment, you should wash twice during the day, regularly change your underwear and stop using pads. Until the course of therapy is completed, intimacy should be avoided.
In women with thrush, it is not recommended to perform hygienic procedures using ordinary soap. It can wash all, even useful microflora. To this end, it is better to use tools such as Epigen Intim, Lactacid and Vagisil. In their composition lactic acid, a beneficial effect on the vaginal mucous membranes.
Restoration of microflora
Along with the accepted antimycotic agents, candles are also intended to balance the pH balance and normalize the microflora. This may be a lactobacillus medication with Lactoginal or a drug with estrogen Triozinal for women in menopause.
With the help of this group of medicines, it is possible to suppress pathogens, restore useful and strengthen protective functions at the local level. As a result, creates an unfavorable environment for the reproduction of fungal infections.
The reason for the active development of thrush is a depressed immune system. In order to improve the protective functions of the body, in the treatment of candidiasis in women prescribed drugs designed to normalize immune reactions.
Depending on the chosen course of treatment, the doctor may prescribe a candle Genferon or Interferon. Pregnant women in the fight against thrush is recommended to use Viferon. Medicines increase local immunity, due to this, it is possible to prevent the recurrence of the disease.
Antiseptics in the fight against thrush
For the treatment of candidiasis, regardless of its form and location, in addition to antimycotic agents use antiseptics. Apply them by washing away or douching in order to prevent the accession of a secondary infection and eliminate the plaque of the fungus.
Among the drugs with antiseptic properties, experts identify candles Betadine, Hexicon, Chlorhexidine, Miramistin, Tsiteal, Fluomizin. They are considered completely harmless, but in some cases can cause an allergic reaction. Some of them are allowed to use even during the period of carrying a child and breastfeeding.
Drugs permitted during pregnancy
Treatment of thrush during breastfeeding and pregnancy is carried out with the help of candles. These medications act locally and the active substances are not absorbed into the blood. Accordingly, they do not affect the fetus.
Some suppositories are allowed to use from the second trimester of pregnancy and are not recommended for use on the first.
Candles are used vaginally, after performing hygiene procedures. Per day, one suppository is inserted into the vagina. The course of therapy varies depending on the characteristics of the disease. To treat vaginal candidiasis in pregnant women with pills begin in exceptional cases.
In the early stages prescribed candles, the active ingredient in which stands nitamycin. The most popular among them are Pimafucin and Natamycin. During the week, women need to be administered daily into the vagina one by one suppository.
During this period, you can use candles Betadine, with antimycotic, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects. In the later stages of this drug is not recommended.
It is allowed to use more effective Clotrimazole from the 2nd trimester, but only on prescription. Poliginax, Livarol and Gyno-Pevaril are also used in this period. The active substances in their composition are absorbed into the bloodstream in a minimum amount, but you must strictly follow the instructions.
Due to the use of candles, side effects such as itching and burning are not excluded. When they appear, you should immediately seek help from your doctor. Often, after 2–3 days, there is an improvement in the condition, all unpleasant symptoms disappear, but the treatment still needs to be continued. Control tests are done a week after the end of therapy.
Additionally, pregnant women may be prescribed funds in the form of a gel or ointment. With their help, it is possible to eliminate the fungal infection much faster.
There is a huge amount of drugs that are used in the treatment of candidiasis. Positive dynamics is observed when using both systemic and local medicines. Despite this, to resort to their own choice is strictly prohibited. The doctor prescribes a treatment regimen individually. Only with this prognosis will be favorable and soon recovery will come.