Most of the fair sex believe that menopause does not need any treatment, because it is not a disease. This is indeed a completely “normal” state, but a lack of estrogen can adversely affect the general state of health: mood, performance, and sexual function. During this period, the woman is very important to feel the support of loved ones, and doctors will tell you how to alleviate the symptoms of menopause.
The main symptoms of menopause
Climacteric syndrome is, of course, not a disease, however, its manifestation is accompanied by a number of unpleasant symptoms. The body of each person is unique, so the symptoms may be different. It depends on heredity, body constitution and lifestyle.
Women suffering from weight deficiency often experience osteoporosis and emotional disturbances. Overweight ladies often deal with headaches and high blood pressure. Often, menopause is difficult for women who have problems with the menstrual cycle or conception.
Among the most common symptoms of menopausal conditions can be identified hot flashes, insomnia, private mood changes, numbness of the extremities. After several years, seizures and dryness may appear in intimate areas. Despite such an impressive list of unpleasant symptoms, you can alleviate your condition in various ways.
Most women begin to gain kilos, so you need to be especially careful about your diet. The body should not feel the lack of any elements or vitamins. Lack of carbohydrates leads to fatigue, mood swings and a nervous condition. If the body loses fat, then metabolic processes are disturbed and excess weight appears. Calcium deficiency can lead to brittle bones. All this can only increase the manifestation of the symptoms of menopause.
Sour milk products, cheeses and vegetable oil should definitely be included in your menu. But butter, mayonnaise, especially store, sauces and spices during this period it is better not to use. But fruits, vegetables, berries and greens can be eaten as much as you want. In addition, legumes will help to balance female hormones.
Due to the fact that the bones become more fragile during menopause, there is a risk of osteoporosis and frequent fractures. To avoid this, you should be careful to eat foods rich in calcium and maintain physical fitness.
Physical and sexual activity
An important role for any person is played by moderate exercise and healthy regular sleep. Strengthening the muscles through gymnastics, gymnastics and swimming helps relieve chronic fatigue and headaches. It is very useful to spend time in the fresh air, and evening walks will help you sleep better. We should also not forget to air the bedroom before going to bed.
There is also a risk of problems with the cardiovascular system, especially in those who lead a passive lifestyle, are ill with diabetes or obesity, or who abuse tobacco or alcohol. It is important to minimize the risk of heart problems and closely monitor the state of health.
Menopause is not a reason to refuse sexual intercourse, on the contrary, regular sexual life will help to reduce the intensity and frequency of hot flashes, and reduce headache and muscle pain.
Homeopathy in the fight against menopause
If you feel unwell during menopause, you do not need to immediately run for the pills. To relieve the symptoms of menopause, try to turn to non-hormonal therapy, namely, to homeopathic remedies. They have a fairly pronounced effect, exerting a beneficial effect not only on the level of hormones, but also on the entire body as a whole. Consider the most popular drugs to alleviate the condition.
- Remens - affects the pituitary and hypothalamus, due to which there is a normalization of hormone levels. In addition, it has an effect on myocardial vessels, which reduces the risk of heart disease. The product is sold in pharmacies in liquid form and in pill form. Contraindications to the use was not detected, except for individual intolerance to any substances that are part.
- Ginecohel is a combined remedy that restores the production of female hormones necessary for the proper functioning of the reproductive system. Form release of this tool - drops. It can also be used by almost everyone. An exception may be people who are susceptible to the components of the drug and have problems with the work of the thyroid gland. In such cases, you should consult with your doctor.
- Sigetin - contains a synthetically derived analogue of estrogen. The drug also has a sedative effect, normalizes the psycho-emotional state of the woman during menopause. It is especially good to use when the first signs of menopause appear at the beginning of therapy.
Homeopathic medicines are also prescribed to reduce the dosage of hormonal agents. They can be taken for a long time without harming the figure.
Effective preparations containing phytoestrogens
For this type of treatment, drugs are used, which include phytoestrogens - natural substitutes for female sex hormones. This is a more gentle means, unlike hormone therapy, they have a fairly good effect.
- Estrovel is a dietary supplement based on legumes. In the composition - the hormones of plant origin. The tool normalizes the level of hormones, contributes to their development by the body. In addition, the drug contains vitamins of group B, trace elements (calcium, phosphorus, folic acid) and amino acids, which reduce the manifestation of menopausal syndrome. There are a number of contraindications (eg, uterine fibroids), the dosage is adjusted individually. Visible results can be observed after several months of use.
- Inoklym is a dietary supplement that consists of phytoestrogens, vitamins, trace elements and omega-3 complex. Unlike the previous drug, Inoclima may be used for uterine myoma, it does not affect the endometrium and is effective for uterine bleeding. The tool reduces the symptoms of menopause in women, can be used to prevent diseases that may occur during this period. Read reviews about Inoklim.
Benefits of Vitamins for Menopause Relief
When menopause occurs, the woman's body begins to feel a lack of vitamins, so it is important to start taking a complex of vitamins during this period (for example, Ladys Formula Day-Night Menopause), which can maintain both the condition and appearance at the proper level. When choosing a multivitamin, you should take a shot for the presence in the composition of vitamins B, as well as A, C, E. Calcium intake is mandatory, since it is washed out of the bones during menopause, they lose their previous strength.
Hormone replacement therapy
How to ease menopause if neither homeopathy nor herbal remedies do not have the desired effect? In this case, the doctor may offer hormone replacement therapy. There are some myths that make many people fear hormone therapy. However, if a specialist competently selects the drug and its dosage, the treatment will bring nothing but good.
Take hormones or not? One of the most common misconceptions is that hormonal drugs are unnatural. Although they are made by artificial means, in their composition estrogens and progesterones are completely analogous to women. However, hormones harvested naturally (from the blood of animals or from plants) still differ from humans, and therefore can not be digested sufficiently well.
Hormones promote weight gain. This opinion is not reliable, since the period of menopause itself is often accompanied by an increase in body weight. Correctly chosen, balanced by the amount of estrogen and progesterone therapy, on the contrary, will reduce the risk of obesity.
Hormone replacement therapy, contrary to popular belief, is not addictive. In the body of every woman, sooner or later the level of hormones will decrease, and she will continue to live without them. These drugs push and facilitate this period.
This type of treatment can also solve the problem of unwanted hair (on the face and body). Increased hair growth is a sign of a lack of female hormones, and the selected drugs will compensate for this deficiency.
With all the usefulness of therapy, it, like any treatment has drawbacks and contraindications. The most important rule - no self. Hormones should be selected by a doctor after you conduct the necessary research.
So, the main side effects of such therapy:
- the risk of mastopathy or the development of breast cancer,
- severe pain during menstruation and more pronounced premenstrual syndrome, lack of ovulation,
- the possibility of benign genital tumors,
- fatigue and mood changes,
- risk of gallstone disease,
- possible uterine bleeding,
- risk of stroke.
Essential drugs for HRT
Combination drugs containing both estrogen and progesterone are considered the best. These drugs are usually available in the form of tablets and have a strict regimen, up to hours. Each pill has a certain amount of hormone needed. Taking medication depends on the menstrual cycle. Reception begins and continues for 21 days, followed by a week break. The most popular drugs of this principle of action include: Klimene, Klimonorm, Klimodien, Ovidon and others.
There are also drugs produced by 28 pills, most of which contain hormones, and some are “empty.” This is the same week break. These include: Femoston, Aktitvel, Kliogest, Angelik Micro. More information about the latter can be found in one of our articles, as well as read the reviews of doctors about Angelique Micro during menopause.
Another type - drugs, the content only estrogen. There is a wide variety of forms of release: tablets (Premarin, Treaclim), vaginal suppositories, creams, gels (Ovestin cream, Estrokad), patches (Klimara, Alora) and even subcutaneous implants. Easy to use plaster, as it does not need to glue every day. It is placed on dry clean skin for a week, it is not afraid of moisture.
An even more convenient method is subcutaneous implants that are sutured for half a year. The principle of their operation is that a hormone is absorbed from the implant in small doses. The advantages are obvious: no need to follow the dosage, omitted admission, estrogen enters through the blood, thereby not causing harm to the liver.
And finally, drugs that contain only progesterone. They are prescribed together with estrogen and used from 14 to 25 day of the menstrual cycle. These medicines are also available in the form of ointments (Progestogel), tablets (Utrogestan, Duphaston). Read how to properly take Duphaston during menopause. The installation of the Mirena intrauterine device is becoming increasingly popular, which for 5-10 years is able to compensate for the deficiency of progesterone in the body.
Traditional medicine against the symptoms of menopause
Traditional medicine very often comes to the rescue to relieve the symptoms of menopause. Consider the most popular tools:
- Excellent normalizes hormonal background infusion of walnut shells. For it are used membranes of walnuts, which are boiled, poured with alcohol and insist 5-7 days. Take 21 days, then take a break.
- Well helps decoction of the leaves of currant, nettle, burdock and groundwort. This tool improves the condition and normalizes the work of organs.
- Honey, known for its properties of regeneration and enhancement of immunity, is also applicable during menopause. Honey, flaxseed oil and water are necessary for making the preparation. Accepted 10 days.
The development and symptoms of menopause
The development of menopause begins in women after 40 years. Pre-climax is characterized by a decrease in the amount of blood during menstruation, disruptions of the menstrual cycle, hormonal disorders, decreased performance and external signs of aging. The period of pre-climacter can last up to 50-55 years and ends with the complete cessation of menstruation. At this moment there is a climax.
Unpleasant symptoms may appear long before the full cessation of menstruation. During the climatic period, women may experience such deviations as:
- Frequent mood swings
- Excessive sweating
- Blood pressure jumps,
- Weight loss or gain
- Aging skin
- Vaginal dryness,
- Decreased libido.
After the onset of menopause, the risk of diseases of the cardiovascular system, joints, mammary glands, endocrine system, genitourinary system, etc. increases in women. In order to avoid the development of these pathologies, all women over 50 need to undergo regular medical examinations.
How to relieve menopause symptoms in women
Despite the fact that menopause is a regularity, its symptoms often interfere with a normal lifestyle. If symptoms are pronounced, you should consult a doctor who will prescribe hormone therapy. However, hormone intake is prescribed only in severe cases, because most often the condition in the climate period can be alleviated without the use of medications.
Food during menopause
Many of the above symptoms of menopause develop on the background of a deterioration in the digestibility of vitamins. Hormonal imbalance leads to a reduction in calcium, magnesium, carbohydrates, fats, iron and other minerals in the female body. For this reason, one of the main factors of well-being is a good balanced diet.
The menu of women over 40 must include a large number of the following products:
- Vegetables and fruits,
- Leafy greens
- Dairy products,
- A fish,
To exclude from the diet you need coffee, sweets, pickles, smoked products, fried and fatty foods. In addition to the correction of nutrition, it is necessary to maintain an active lifestyle and give up bad habits.
It is useful to take vitamin complexes that are designed specifically for women aged 40 years and older.
What to drink during menopause to relieve symptoms
Often, doctors recommend patients to drink drugs that level the hormones during menopause. These medications help to eliminate vaginal mucosa dryness, prevent premature aging, stabilize the emotional background and eliminate hot flashes. In addition, 3GT drugs prevent the development of osteoporosis, which is the cause of frequent fractures, joint disease, pain in the limbs in the climatic and post-climatic period in women.
The most common hormonal pills for menopause are:
Any of the hormonal drugs has a number of contraindications and must be prescribed by a doctor. Uncontrolled reception can lead to the development of complications and deterioration of health. Hormones are prescribed depending on the severity of symptoms and the stage of the climatic period. In early preclimax, when symptoms are still absent, drugs with a low estrogen content are most often prescribed.
How to ease the symptoms of menopause folk remedies
In order to improve well-being and relieve symptoms at the onset of menopause, you can use herbal preparations or traditional medicine recipes. To eliminate the main symptoms, tinctures, teas and herbal preparations are used. Their main advantage is relative safety, if there is no allergy, low cost and a positive effect on the entire body due to its rich vitamin composition.
Infusion for insomnia, migraine and nervous disorders:
- Pharmacy mint - 10 gr.
- Melissa - 30 gr.
- Ivan tea - 25 gr.
- Chicory root - 25 gr.
- Hawthorn - 20 gr.
20 grams of the mixture brew 200 ml of boiling water. Insist broth until cool. Take one third of a cup 3-4 times a day.
Infusion with increased sweating and tides:
- Chamomile - 20 gr.
- Sage leaves - 30 g.
- Horsetail - 10 gr.
- Valerian root - 10 gr.
- Oak bark - 20 gr.
20 gr. mix brew 200 ml of boiling water. Insist broth until cool, strain. Take 3 times a day for 1/3 cup.
Infusion of red clover against aging and for the balance of hormonal levels:
“I was advised by the gynecologist to take natural remedies. They chose the Klimistille - he helped me with the tides. then the internal energy reappeared. And I even wanted to have sexual relations with my husband again, but it was all without any particular desire. "
Red clover contains vegetable estrogens, so that tea from the flowers of this plant successfully fights the main symptoms of menopause.To prepare the infusion you need 40 grams of raw materials and brew a glass of boiling water. Cool it down. Take 3 times a day after meals for a quarter cup.
How to alleviate the symptoms of menopause when using Buserelin
Brusserelin is actively used to treat endometriosis, benign neoplasms in the ovaries, uterine fibroids, and other pathologies of the female reproductive system. Often the therapy with Brusserelin is complicated by the manifestations of menopause symptoms. Among the side effects of the drug are described:
- Dry skin and vaginal mucous membranes,
- Excessive sweating
- Decreased libido,
- Uterine bleeding, etc.
All these symptoms are associated with the action of the drug, which, in fact, causes pharmacological menopause in the female body and turns off the uterus from physiological processes. If therapy with this drug causes severe side effects, you should consult a doctor who will appoint replacement therapy to level out the hormonal levels.
In the physiological climax, the appointment of the drug Brusserelin is not appropriate.
What homeopathic remedies relieve symptoms during menopause?
In modern medicine, homeopathic medicines are increasingly used to alleviate symptoms during the climatic period. These products are made from natural ingredients and do not contain synthetic hormones. The effect of homeopathic remedies is soft, safe and highly effective.
The composition of homeopathy used for menopause includes plants and components of animal origin, containing phytohormones. They can be prescribed to patients who are contraindicated in traditional hormonal drugs. Among the most popular homeopathic medicines are:
- Remens. The tool copes with the symptoms of menopause and normalizes hormones. Does not contain synthetic hormones. The preparation includes the poison of the snake sukuruku, the secret of the glands of the cuttlefish, Canadian sagvinariya, and racemes. It has contraindications. Apply as directed by a physician.
- Climate Hel. It has a sedative effect, is effective for relieving headaches and helps to reduce the intensity of menopause symptoms. The structure includes components of plant and animal origin.
- Feminine. Refers to phytoestragens. The drug contains only herbal ingredients. The main active ingredient is the extract of red clover. With regular use, Feminal effectively eliminates the main symptoms of menopause and normalizes hormonal levels.
Any drugs that alleviate the symptoms of menopause should be selected by a doctor. The use of drugs without consulting a specialist can result in the development of side effects. It should be remembered that only complex therapy, which includes not only the administration of drugs, but also lifestyle changes, as well as physical activity can give a lasting positive result.
What to take when menopause of hot flashes
It is necessary to say exactly which pills for menopause in women should be taken, and which ones should be discarded, should the attending physician based on the condition of the person and the symptoms that cause inconvenience. In some cases, a specialist makes a decision on the appointment of an additional examination. This is necessary to identify hidden diseases and health problems that may be exacerbated by the use of drugs.
Only after receiving the results are prescribed certain drugs.
Drugs prescribed for menopause are divided into several groups:
- Hormonal medicine - used in hormone replacement therapy (HRT), when the body stops the production of female sex hormones.
- Non-hormonal tablets - do not contain hormones. They are used to normalize the work of the heart, reduce body temperature and blood pressure, eliminate headaches, dizziness and other symptoms.
- Homeopathic medicines. The products are based on phytoestrogens - plant hormones. Designed to alleviate the condition and reduce the manifestations of menopause.
- Herbal Fees. Products are manufactured in the form of infusions, drops, pure form, etc. It is used as adjuvant simultaneously with traditional medicines.
- Vitamins. Provide a female body with necessary substances for normal work.
- Soothing. Normalize the nervous system, have a positive effect on sleep, reduce the level of stress in the body, reduce irritability.
Additionally used drugs intended for the treatment of associated diseases.
All funds should be said separately.
Hormonal drugs for menopause
Speaking about which drugs to take for menopause in women, one should first of all consider hormonal drugs. Such products contain hormones. The preparations are produced in the form of traditional tablets, capsules, patches, vaginal suppositories, etc.
The best tools include:
- Femoston (ABBOTT, the Netherlands). The drug, which includes estradiol and didrogesteron.
- Femikaps izy life (Hankintatukku Oy, Finland). The main active ingredients of estradiol and norethisterone tablets. Also included are magnesium, vitamins E and B6. It can be used not only for menopause, but also for various disorders of the urogenital area.
- Menostar (Schering AG, USA). The composition includes estradiol. The tool eliminates hot flashes or reduces their number.
- Estrofem (Novo Nordisk A / S, Denmark). Tablets contain only one type of hormones. Contribute to the normalization of the physical and psychological state.
Most drugs contain progesterone and estradiol. Most often, the funds are applied according to a specific scheme. Consumption is similar to the use of conventional hormonal contraceptives.
According to official medicine, taking such drugs is the main and most effective method to avoid the negative manifestations of the menopausal syndrome.
Hormonal drugs have a number of contraindications:
- malignant tumors
- pathological growth of the endometrial layer,
- venous diseases,
- heart attack and stroke
- heart disease.
Also a contraindication may be renal and hepatic failure.
It is considered that such means increase the weight of a woman. In fact, this is nothing more than a myth. With proper administration, there is no increase in body weight and the formation of subcutaneous fat deposits.
Non-hormonal drugs for menopause from tides
If hormonal agents are prohibited for use, non-hormonal drugs are prescribed for menopause. Such agents contain in the formula plant hormones - phytoestrogens. They are more easily perceived by the body and do not affect the tissues and systems of women.
Most often, doctors prescribe for therapy the following products that are considered the best:
- Inoklim (INNOTECH INTERNATIONAL, France). Reduces the manifestation of menopause, prevents hot flashes, eliminates heart palpitations, reduces sweating. Accepted by courses, each of which is 3 weeks.
- Ladys Formula Menopause (PharmaMed, Canada). The tool is a good prevention of menopausal symptoms and coronary artery disease.
- Femivell Menopause (Evalar, Russia). Contains vegetable estrogens derived from clover and soy.
- Qi-Klim (Evalar, Russia). The drug belongs to the category of phytoestrogens. The composition includes an extract of cimicifuga. The plant increases estrogen levels in the blood. Eliminates tides.
- Phyto sedan (Krasnogorskleksredstva OAO, Russia). The product is based on various herbs and plant extracts.
Such tools have virtually no contraindications and side effects. The exception is individual intolerance to the components of the product. Most drugs provide the body with benefits and saturate the necessary substances.
Non-hormonal drugs are used primarily in the initial stage of menopause, when no marked symptoms are observed.
Homeopathy for menopause
Homeopathic remedies cause a lot of controversy among physicians. Attitude to such drugs is ambiguous. In this case, according to reviews of numerous real users, such tools are very effective. In most cases, the product reduces the heart rate, has a positive effect on the nervous system, normalizes sleep.
The most popular such homeopathic remedies:
- Remens (Richard Bittner AG, Austria). One of the most popular drugs, compensating for the lack of estrogen and having a general strengthening effect.
- Climax (Materia Medica, Russia). Inexpensive therapeutic drug, which is often used in the manifestations of menopause in women.
- Climactoplan (DHU, Germany). Effective medicine that reduces the manifestation of menopause. A positive effect on the nervous system. Increases immunity.
Lists of drugs can be continued. This is only a small part of them. These funds are popular and are often prescribed by medical professionals.
Drugs for climax of plant origin
In order to normalize the functioning of the nervous system and alleviate the condition, plant-based products are used.
The most commonly used herbs are:
- Red clover. The plant normalizes sleep, soothes, positively affects the condition of the skin, hair, nails.
- Oregano. Grass relieves mental stress, relieves insomnia, reduces the number and strength of hot flashes.
- Soy Isoflavones. These are herbal ingredients - phytoestrogens that have a positive effect on blood vessels and relieve the condition during menopause.
It is worth noting that phytoestrogens are not able to restore hormones and resume the body's production of female sex hormones. At the same time, they have a complex effect and significantly alleviate the human condition during menopause.
Soothing drugs for menopause in women
Special sedatives are used to calm the nervous system, normalize sleep, prevent the development of depressive states and reduce stress levels. They can be on a natural or synthetic basis. The choice depends on the individual characteristics of the organism and the degree of neglect of the problem.
Most often, patients are shown taking valerian, hawthorn tincture, Quater mixture, etc.
For depression and significant nervous shock, antidepressants can be prescribed by a doctor:
- Paroxetine (Medokemi Ltd, Cyprus),
- Zoloft (Pfizer, United States),
- Diazepam (Weimer Pharma GmbH, Germany) and others.
Also appointed sedatives: Antistress, Valdispert, Novopassit, Persen.
A number of drugs have a sedative effect, cause drowsiness and lethargy. Taking sedatives while driving is prohibited.
Drugs for tides and sweating
Few women during menopause did not have to deal with the tides, when suddenly there is a sensation of heat in the whole body. In some cases, an increase in body temperature is observed, which only aggravates the situation.
In this case, the use of special preparations is shown:
- Gynokomfort Klimafemin (Vertex CJSC, Russia),
- Estrovel (VNESHTORG FARMA, Russia),
- Klimadinon (Bionorica SE, Germany),
- Inoklim (Innotech International, France).
You should also avoid visiting saunas and baths. They aggravate hot flashes.
A number of medical tips and advice helps alleviate the condition of tides:
- Breath. Slow deep breaths with a breath hold between them for 6 seconds should be made during the period of an attack. At the same time should be breathing belly.
- Ventilation. The room must be regularly ventilated. Additionally, it is recommended to use a humidifier. At bedtime, you can cool the pillow. Thus, during sleep, it is possible to avoid tides.
- Nutrition. It is important to adhere to proper nutrition. 60% of the diet should be vegetables, fruits, greens.
- Sport. To alleviate the condition, one should lead an active lifestyle, go for walks, swim, practice yoga, Pilates or fitness. This helps to improve blood circulation and supply cells with oxygen.
- Water. Every day, you need to drink 2-2.5 liters of water. Due to excessive sweating, the body actively loses moisture.
- Stress. Nerve overloading should be avoided.
- Clothing. From the use of synthetics should be abandoned. The same can be said about bedding.
- Hygiene. To avoid unpleasant aroma, you should regularly take a shower, use antiperspirant deodorants, wet wipes, etc.
- Sleep. It is important to sleep at least 8 hours a day.
With an integrated approach, it is possible to significantly reduce the manifestation of tides. It also contributes to the treatment of associated diseases.
Preparations with calcium for menopause
When menopause in the body decreases the amount of calcium. It is important to fill the deficit. This will help avoid cramps in the limbs, brittle bones, osteoporosis and other health problems. In this case, you can take:
- Calcium D3 (Nicomedes, Switzerland),
- Calcium Magnesium Zinc (Solgar Vitamin USA)
- Doppelgerts Active Magnesium + Calcium (Queisser Pharma, Germany).
Such combinations of vitamins provide the best effect.
During menopause, you must provide the body with vitamins and minerals. Get them from traditional food in full - will not work. To eliminate the deficiency should use supplements, which include vitamin C, A, E, D, K, group B, potassium, iron, Omega and other elements.
For this you can use vitamin complex Vitrum.
Drug rating for menopause
To date, the pharmaceutical market presents several hundred different drugs that in one way or another affect the body during menopause. Among the variety is quite difficult to choose the most appropriate tool.
According to numerous reviews and opinions of doctors, the best in this situation is the following products:
- Remens (Richard Bittner AG, Austria),
- Klimafemin (Vertex CJSC, Russia),
- Femoston (ABBOTT, the Netherlands).
These drugs are most effective in menopause and the treatment of its symptoms.
What you need to know about menopause
It is important to understand that the reproductive function does not stop at one moment. This happens gradually. In order for the female body was able to restructure its work.
The climacteric period is divided into 3 stages:
- Premenopause - this stage begins with the first menopausal manifestations, which provokes a gradual decrease in the production of sex hormones by the ovaries. Normally, it starts at 45 years old. If the stage began earlier, the doctors ascertain the onset of early menopause.
- Menopause, which has other names: menopause and menopause. The accepted norm is 50 years old. In fact, menopause is called the last menstruation. A gynecologist diagnoses its onset when there has been no menstruation for a year after the menstruation. When the stage comes after 55 years, it is a late menopause.
- Postmenopause - this final stage lasts until the end of the ladies life.
Thus, at the first stage, the ovaries gradually fall asleep, and at the second they stop their work. At the third stage, the body functions against the background of a very low level of sex hormones, which are produced by the adrenal cortex and adipose tissue.
What are the symptoms of menopause
Not all women know that the very first symptom of the onset of menopause is a change in the menstrual cycle. They write down the changes that have appeared for the effects of stress, hypothermia, or other causes.
Most women begin to delay. First for a few days, and later up to several months. For some representatives of the fair sex the cycle, on the contrary, is shortened.
Sometimes it becomes acyclic or in other words its duration changes every time. The amount of blood released also varies. More often periods become scarce, and the number of critical days is reduced. In some women with menopause, on the contrary, an increase in the volume of menstrual flow, and, accordingly, an increase in the number of naughty days is observed.
Early menopausal symptoms
At the premenopausal stage, all early manifestations of menopause can be divided into the following groups:
- Vegetative symptoms include hot flashes, increased sweating, headaches, which often have the character of migraine, dizziness, sleep disturbances up to the development of insomnia, blood pressure jumps, heart palpitations, and others.
- Psycho-emotional manifestations of menopause - the lady is faced with rapid fatigue, unreasonable feelings of anxiety and increased nervousness, irritability, repeated mood swings, tearfulness, suspiciousness, sensitivity, and sometimes aggressiveness, hysteria and depression.
- Changes in the central nervous system: a weakening of memory, a decrease in the reaction rate, a decrease in the ability to concentrate on new knowledge and skills.
Due to the changes that have taken place, the woman's performance decreases during the menopause and the quality of life decreases.
Late manifestations of menopause
Late menopausal symptoms are the aging process of the body.The lady feels the dryness of the mucous membranes of the urogenital system, there is a decrease in libido, discomfort in the intimate area and urinary incontinence. The woman's appearance changes - gray hair appears, hair falls out abundantly, nails quickly break, and deep wrinkles form on the faces.
The endocrine system during menopause fails. Many women begin to gain weight without changing their diet and physical activity. Not rarely begins to develop diabetes.
How easier to survive menopause
For many years, doctors have been looking for an answer to the question of how to alleviate the condition of a modern woman with climax. After all, at 45 she still continues to work and lead an active public and private life.
Most gynecologists have come to the general opinion that to alleviate the symptoms of menopause, a comprehensive program is needed, including the following points.
Change the power
At first glance, it seems that nutrition and manifestations of menopause are not related to each other. But actually it is not. A woman who regularly eats healthy food, with the onset of premenopause will not gain weight. She will not face the bright manifestations of menopause symptoms and exacerbation of existing chronic diseases.
In addition, when a lady recovers at any age, then she appears complexes and unnecessary experiences. During menopause, you need a balanced diet. To reduce the intensity of the vegetative manifestations of menopause, you should include in your diet a large amount of plant fiber in the form of fresh vegetables, berries and fruits. Instead of coffee and black tea you should drink green and herbal tea, freshly squeezed vegetable and fruit juices.
Even the most "scary" menopause can be defeated at home! Just do not forget two or three times a day.
In order to prevent the development of osteoporosis, it is necessary to consume dairy products. Especially useful cottage cheese, kefir and unsweetened yogurt. It is necessary to reduce the amount of consumed meat and animal fat. The diet only occasionally must contain lean meat and butter. During menopause should be prepared in vegetable oil.
Enter feasible physical activity
Hormonal changes that occur with the onset of menopause often lead to weight gain. In obese women, symptoms appear more intensely. Therefore, each doctor, giving advice on how to ease menopause, will advise you to play sports, do morning exercises, walking and cycling.
Even when the lady had not devoted her time to sports, you can always choose something for yourself according to the level of physical fitness.
We use popular recipes
In folk medicine there are a large number of prescriptions to reduce the intensity of menopausal symptoms or remove them altogether. If desired, each woman will be able to find an acceptable recipe for herself. Very often modern women think that the preparation of folk remedies takes a lot of time, and the effect from them is dubious.
Nature has taken care to help women survive menopause.
Here are some very simple but proven recipes:
- In order to remove the state of constant anxiety, it is enough to eat 1 hour spoonful of dill seeds every morning on an empty stomach, washing them down with a glass of warm water. In addition, this tool will significantly improve the work of the intestines.
- Pharmaceutical tinctures of valerian, motherwort or peony will help eliminate irritability and sleep problems. In the evening, take 30 drops of the selected remedy with a small amount of water.
- Lime tea helps to overcome insomnia. 1. h. Spoonful of dried flowers pour a glass of boiling water and let it brew for 5 minutes. In addition, such an aromatic tea will improve blood circulation, normalize blood pressure and help reduce weight. The course of treatment is 1 month, then it is necessary to take a break for 2 months and, if desired, repeat the tea intake.
Before you start taking any medicinal plants or gathering during menopause, you should consult with your doctor.
We carry out drug treatment
There is an approach proven by many years of experience how to relieve menopause symptoms in women. When they are not pronounced, they prescribe medicines with phytoestrogens and homeopathic remedies. They have a cumulative nature of the action and therefore, to obtain a sustainable effect, they are taken in long courses - approximately 3-6 months.
If the symptoms of menopause appear intensely, the lady will be prescribed hormone treatment. Only when a woman has contraindications to hormone therapy, she is prescribed dietary supplements and herbal preparations containing phytoestrogens - substances similar to female hormones, which are part of certain plants.
The most popular drugs that contain phytoestrogens include: Klimadinon, Feminal, Inoklym. Such homeopathic remedies for menopause have recommended themselves well: Remens, Klimaksan, Klimakt-Khel, Ginekohel and Gormel-S. To reduce the intensity of menopause symptoms, the following hormonal medications are often prescribed: Regulone, Logest and Sinfasik.
Preparing for menopause in advance
First, you need to quit smoking if there was such a bad habit. Nicotine is bad for the state of the blood vessels. The woman will be faced with a brighter attack of hot flashes. In addition, according to statistics, in a smoking lady, menopause starts 2-5 years earlier than her non-smoking counterpart.
It is necessary to take care of a balanced diet, which can provide the body with all the vitamins and minerals necessary for life. It is important that the daily menu includes enough protein, fat and carbohydrates. Do not get involved in a variety of rigid diets, significantly limiting the diet, and also starve.
It should switch to a fractional diet - eat 5-6 times a day, but in smaller portions. In the process of cooking, it is preferable to simmer, bake and cook. It is necessary to completely abandon fast-foot and Coca-Cola, as well as significantly limit the use of smoked meat, pickles and alcohol.
Comprehensive Wellness Program
Such a program includes several points:
- Adhere to the regime of rest and activity. It is important to allocate at least 8 hours for sleep and have a planned daily routine. The lady who follows such, at first glance, simple rules, like going to bed and eating at the same time has a stronger immunity.
- Take time sports and moderate physical activity. This will help keep the body in good shape.
- It should be a daily walk in the fresh air for at least half an hour. Such a habit can significantly strengthen the immune system. If you walk before bedtime, it will be stronger.
We need positive emotions in large quantities. It is important to learn to enjoy life and try to avoid stress. To improve stress tolerance, you can do yoga or master breathing exercises, which soothes and relieves daytime stress.
Climax is inevitable, but to suffer with its manifestations is not at all necessary and even harmful. To alleviate the symptoms of menopause, you first need to change your lifestyle and diet.
Before resorting to hormonal drugs should try the recipes of traditional medicine and herbal remedies. Well, as always, timely prevention is important. We wish you good health!
Share your way to ease menopause.
The best non-hormonal remedy for menopause Tea for menopause This drug will relieve tides, frequent mood changes and increase the level of estrogen, thanks to 30 herbs! Say to climax - STOP!
Another hormonal adjustment
Climax for a woman is another hormonal adjustment, this time associated with the extinction and subsequent atrophy of the reproductive functions of the body. Biological clocks are inexorable, such shifts are the beginning of aging and occur with all women.
Heredity has a great influence on the onset of this inevitable process, it can begin in the period from 40 to 55 years (the age of 45 years is considered normal for the beginning of changes).
For menopause is characterized by a decrease in the production of estrogen, which inhibits the work of the ovaries and the maturation of the eggs. There are several stages of the process, each of which is accompanied by specific symptoms:
- preklimaks or premenopause - the stage when the failure of egg cells begins to fail, menstruation can become rare and irregular, or, conversely, frequent and abundant,
- actually menopause occurs 12 months after the onset of the last menstrual cycle, it can last for five years,
- postmenopausal period can be called a period of up to 75 years, at this time in the female body there are final and irreversible changes that lead to old age.
During these transformations, hormonal background undergoes serious changes that affect the psychological and physical state of a woman.
Provided that the menopause began on time (it is not pathologically early), its manifestations are influenced by many factors, from lifestyle to the physical form of a woman.
The main symptoms of the process due to changes in the hormonal status:
- psycho-emotional lability of a woman during menopause has the name "climacteric neurosis" and is accompanied by increased fatigue, loss of interest in life, unreasonable anxiety or aggression, tearfulness, suspiciousness, a tendency to hysteria,
- autonomic disorders are accompanied by insomnia, hot flashes, chills, chest pain, shortness of breath, suffocation, pressure drops, peripheral blood supply disorders, loss of appetite, headaches, etc.,
- The central nervous system provokes impaired coordination of movements, weakening of memory and attention, deterioration of performance, speed of reaction,
- there are various disorders of the endocrine system, the most frequent include the development of diabetes and obesity.
During the period of menopause, all chronic endocrinopathy, cardiovascular and articular diseases can worsen, manifestations of osteoporosis are aggravated. At this point, for many women, sex with a partner becomes undesirable. This is due to changes in the mucous membranes of the genital tract: they become thinner, drier, the amount of natural lubricant is greatly reduced, which makes sexual intercourse even painful.
In addition, the decrease in libido is directly proportional to the production of hormones in the body, as well as the psycho-emotional state of the woman. Most often, this process can be adjusted only with the help of drugs.
Some useful tips
During this period, the main task of a woman is to alleviate the symptoms of menopause, as if they do not exist. In addition to medicines, which include hormone replacement therapy, vitamins, homeopathic remedies for maintaining hormonal status, proper nutrition and an active lifestyle will help to normalize the condition.
Some women more easily tolerate the manifestations that accompany the hormonal adjustment period, others simply “climb the wall,” not knowing how to alleviate the condition during menopause. In any case, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will help you choose the treatment, since it is impossible to cope with the changes on your own.
From the use of drug therapy, significant improvements will be noticeable immediately, and a balanced diet and avoiding bad habits will help maintain them:
- reduce the amount of complex carbohydrates in the diet, enter more plant fiber in the form of fruits and vegetables. It has also been observed that vegetative disorders in menopause are less pronounced in vegetarians,
- during this period, there is a high probability of developing osteoporosis, which is fraught with pathological brittleness of the bones. Therefore, in addition to vitamin complexes with calcium and vitamin D, food rich in this trace element is needed: cottage cheese, cheese, dairy products,
- Give preference to low-fat protein foods, this will allow you not to gain weight while reducing the activity of metabolic processes,
- Give up smoking, alcohol, strong tea and the “usual five cups of coffee a day” - there is no need to excite the nervous system, which is already in an unstable state. At this moment, soothing teas, herbal preparations and natural juices from fruits and vegetables without sugar can become an alternative option.
- menopausal women regularly notice swelling of the face and body. This is a reason to reduce the use of salt, salted, pickled and smoked products,
- keep in shape will help the daily consumption of legumes, they contain a small amount of phytoestrogens.
A healthy and regular diet will help prevent weight loss and will not only ease the symptoms of menopause, but also help to cope with the exacerbation of chronic diseases and psychological discomfort.
Any doctor recommending a complex of rehabilitation measures during menopause will certainly advise you to exercise. Why?
Sport during this period is an opportunity to keep yourself in good physical shape, to boost metabolism, keeping the shape and attractiveness for a partner. Women gradually associate a lack of interest on the part of a partner with the onset of menopause, and often this is exactly the impetus for the development of prolonged depression or neurosis.
To avoid this, take care of yourself. The ideal sport in such a situation can be called yoga, which, in addition to physical form, also returns emotional balance.
If you can not swim, go to yoga or to the gym, start running around in the morning or take long walks. Give your own body an impetus to health and longevity, let any light physical exertion become part of the complex for getting rid of the painful manifestations of menopause.
Some more recommendations
The most unpleasant sensations during the hormonal adjustment can be called hot flashes, chills and excessive sweating. How to alleviate the symptoms of menopause, all its unpleasant manifestations?
- breathing exercises will help to quickly eliminate the symptoms: a few deep breaths in a relaxed relaxed posture,
- During this period, your allies will be natural fabrics that allow air to pass through and absorb moisture. Clothing should not be tight and hold down movement,
- Carry a fan with you and do not hesitate to fan yourself with it if necessary, moreover, ventilate the room you are in more often. Sleep is generally better with an open window.
Climax is fraught with not only the ebb and flow of heat, it can be expressed by sudden attacks of panic, dizziness, dry mouth and other unpleasant symptoms. Sometimes they cannot be eliminated by anything other than medicines.
What is usually prescribed for painful and unpleasant manifestations of menopause, which is impossible to cope with in any way? Treatment of menopause, like any other disease, occurs under the supervision of a physician. Therapy is usually prescribed depending on the hormonal status:
- serious metabolic disorders and painful manifestations are treated with hormone replacement therapy, usually with drugs containing estrogen and progesterone,
- homeopathic preparations to relieve the manifestations of menopause, which can effectively regulate hormonal levels, gradually eliminate all painful manifestations. Usually they are prescribed together or after a course of hormone replacement therapy,
- phytoestrogens are used to correct the condition and small deviations of hormone levels,
- antidepressants and sedatives are prescribed for clearly expressed psycho-emotional disorders, sleep disorders and other symptoms of neurosis and depression.
At home, treatment can also be carried out using traditional methods and means, provided that your doctor has agreed to such experiments.
Drugs for HRT
During a period when estrogen production decreases sharply and menopause symptoms are particularly unpleasant, the doctor may prescribe hormonal drugs based on laboratory diagnostic data. It should be borne in mind that these remedies will be most effective in combination with proper nutrition, moderate exercise and vitamins.
To alleviate the symptoms of menopause, prescribe therapy with the following remedies:
- Logest - a hormonal drug that levels the background and smoothes especially bright and unpleasant manifestations of menopause. It is not prescribed, if the patient has a history of blood disorders with impaired blood clotting, hormone-dependent cancer tumors, liver and kidney diseases, severe cardiovascular diseases,
- Regulon is a hormonal drug that not only restores hormone levels, but also helps restore microflora and natural lubrication of the vagina. The use of the remedy is contraindicated in hormone-dependent cancer tumors,
- Синфазиком, комплексным гормональным препаратом с небольшим содержанием эстрогена, который назначают на ранних этапах климакса без ярко выраженной симптоматики,
Кроме вышеперечисленных, в период менопаузы назначают Марвелон, Трисеквенс, Дивину. Taking the pills must be made under the supervision of a physician, since any of the drugs can cause an individual reaction of the body.
Homeopathic remedies are good because they are not hormonal, but they perfectly regulate the balance of hormones and can be used for diseases in which the use of hormonal agents is completely contraindicated:
- Remens is a non-hormonal homeopathic drug based on herbal ingredients, helps to regulate hormones, the main symptoms and manifestations of menopause, normalizes the state during menopause,
- Ginekohel - a homeopathic medicine that effectively relieves inflammation, normalizes hormones, eliminates the main manifestations, acts as a sedative,
- Gormel-S is taken during the period of preclimax, the drug improves the state caused by cycle violations,
- Klimakt-khel is a drug that is prescribed as effectively alleviating the vascular manifestations of menopause,
- Klimaksan - used for the manifestation of neurosis and sleep disorders caused by autonomic disorders during menopause,
Simultaneously with homeopathic remedies, vitamins are prescribed in the complex. For these purposes, usually choose drugs with a high content of B vitamins, vitamins A, E, D, calcium, for example, Chi-Klim.
The composition of drugs with phytoestrogens includes plant hormone-like substances, which together help to eliminate the main symptoms and manifestations of menopause. Usually, these tools are designed for long-term use courses:
- Feminal, the main active ingredient - red clover extract, which contains the minimum amount of phytohormones. Supplements prescribed to drink long courses
- Inoklym, the main active ingredient - phytoestrogens of soybeans, is used to eliminate the symptoms of menopause,
- Klimadinon is a herbal preparation based on the extract of tsimitsifuga, which is used for the complex elimination of the manifestations of menopause.
All phytoestrogens are designed for long-term use, the effect of them occurs gradually and slowly.
To evaluate whether the remedy came or didn’t come up, the attending physician should. As a rule, it is possible to assert about the effectiveness of therapy after 2 -3 weeks of use of the prescribed drugs complex.
The concept of menopause
Climacteric period - the period of time at which the hormonal function of the ovaries decreases, menstrual bleeding stops, and as a result, the childbearing function. This time is divided into three main phases.
- Premenopause is the period preceding the cessation of menstrual bleeding, which most often begins at the age of forty-five and lasts from three to seven years.
- Menopause - the last menstruation occurs in a woman’s life. This phase lasts 12 months.
- Postmenopause is a period of life ranging from three to fifteen years after the completion of menstruation.
Already in the premenopausal period, the first signs appear, forcing a woman to reflect on how easier it is to transfer menopause.
Signs of Menopause
Every woman's body is individual and in its own way makes it clear that menopause is approaching. But most often its occurrence is characterized by the following symptoms:
- violation of the menstrual cycle,
- flushing, causeless increase and lowering of blood pressure,
- mood swings
- excessive sweating
- nervous irritability, drowsiness or insomnia,
- skin wilting, wrinkles,
- imbalance when walking,
- weight gain
- reduced sexual desire, vaginal discomfort,
- pain when urinating, urinary incontinence,
- urination at night,
- distraction, forgetfulness,
- causeless anxiety
- lack of appetite, bowel disorder,
- numbness and tingling in the limbs
- low back and back pain
- hair loss,
- a lump in the throat, chest pain,
- feeling of dryness in the eyes and mouth,
- the appearance of diabetes and osteoporosis.
In addition to the presence of symptoms, the onset of menopause can be confirmed or denied using tests sold in pharmacies. Indeed, very often the signs that a woman perceives as a menopausal syndrome may indicate the presence of a serious disease.
The above symptoms together have the name menopausal syndrome and can occur both individually and somewhat at once, which greatly interferes with a woman’s usual life. In this difficult moment, the question of how to alleviate the symptoms of menopause becomes very relevant.
Ways to alleviate menopausal syndrome
So, a woman has reached a certain age and she has signs of menopause, making it difficult to live a normal life. In order to cope with this delicate problem, you need to:
- to a minimum to reduce the time spent in stuffiness,
- forget about smoking
- eat right,
- sleep at least 8 hours
- limit coffee consumption
- avoid stressful situations
- prefer clothing made of natural fabric
- increase the amount of hiking and physical education in general,
- limit meat consumption and increase vegetables in the diet,
- eat foods that contain fiber, calcium and phosphorus.
Fulfilling the above requirements is the best method to alleviate the symptoms of menopause.
Quite often, women are interested in how to reduce the symptoms of menopause in women folk remedies, how to alleviate the condition during menopause. It is worth noting warm baths for the feet before bedtime, which can significantly reduce hot flashes during menopause.
- Relieving the symptoms of menopause occurs after taking the infusion of a glass of boiling water and a tablespoon of sage, which must be applied throughout the day.
- To alleviate the symptoms of menopause, it is recommended to drink a decoction of a glass of boiling water and a tablespoon of rosemary half a teaspoon 3 times a day 30 minutes before eating food.
- It is also necessary to take hawthorn tincture 3 times a day for 30-35 drops.
- Relieve infusion will help infusion, brewed as follows: two tablespoons of herbs oregano pour 400 grams of boiled water and leave to infuse for several hours, then take three times a day before meals until the symptoms disappear.
- A good remedy for improving menopause is eating fresh vegetable juice.
- The method that survived all the others combined is, of course, the use of red clover extract. Its effectiveness is proven by medical research. In addition, many drugs for the treatment of menopausal syndrome include red clover.
- It should be noted that folk remedies will be effective only with mild signs of menopause, and if the problem is already pronounced, then you need to contact a specialist for a comprehensive, correct treatment.
In addition, during the period of menopause, it is necessary to visit a gynecologist, an endocrinologist and a breast specialist in order to rule out the development of dangerous diseases during the climacteric period.
Drug medication for menopause
How to maintain a normal state during menopause with a drug method is a very serious question and requires an individual approach to each patient. Ladys multivitamin complexes, Vitamax, Menopace, Pharma-Med lady and others will tell you how to survive menopause, reducing the manifestations of its symptoms to a minimum.
Usually, treatment begins with homeopathic medicines, as well as preparations containing phytoestrogens, the most common among which are:
- Inoklim and others.
They are well adjusted hormonal disorders and have virtually no side effects. If homeopathic drugs are not able to cope with the symptoms of menopause, here the doctor recommends hormone replacement therapy - hormonal drugs to relieve menopausal symptoms. This is prescribed exclusively after a full examination of the specific patient.
The composition of drugs for hormone replacement therapy includes such female hormones as estrogen and progesterone. That is, the meaning of such hormone therapy consists in medicamentally balancing the hormonal background of a woman during menopause with the help of hormonal agents.
The correct dose of the drug and the duration of treatment significantly reduce the symptoms of menopause. Hormonal drugs are more effective than homeopathy, but they also have much more side effects. Therefore, under no circumstances should they be taken without a doctor's prescription. After all, hormones - this is not a joke.
Early menopause and its causes
Early menopause is the earlier termination of menstrual bleeding and their absence for a year. If this is observed until the age of forty-five, then we can talk about early menopause, the most common causes of which are presented below.
- Heredity, that is, with an early menopause, the mother is likely to have her daughter.
- Smoking, because it is no secret to anyone that nicotine adversely affects the sexual sphere of a woman’s health.
- Hard diets and long hunger.
There is also the concept of artificial menopause, caused by various kinds of medical and surgical interventions.
Prevention of menopause
Many luminaries of medicine believe that in order to avoid early menopause, its prevention should be started as early as the young years. To do this, it is necessary to timely treat diseases of the reproductive system, strengthen the immune system, to observe the correct diet. Not be redundant and recreational exercise, walking, massage.