Due to its many advantages over other means of hygiene, the menstrual cup is rapidly gaining popularity and demand among women. But as practice has shown, many people face some difficulties at the first input and output of bowls. It is simply not possible to insert it correctly, which is why there is no complete feeling of how comfortable and reliable this tool is. The output of the cap, for the same reason, is somehow complicated. This is understandable, everything new requires study and practice.
In fact, if the cap is matched correctly in size, then it is very easy to use. If you do everything according to the instructions, then after the first application, this tool will seem to you the easiest to use and most comfortable for critical days. In this article we tried to explain in detail and clearly how to use the menstrual cup. How to insert (inject), remove, care for it, and you can buy a menstrual cup in our online store.
How to use the menstruation cup.
- Before starting the procedure it is recommended to sanitize the cup. Here you can use any option you prefer: just boil, wipe with a cotton pad dipped in hydrogen peroxide, or sterilize using a water bath.
- Cleanliness in this matter is important, so you need to thoroughly wash your hands with soap. Then decide on a comfortable posture. Here, too, many options - sitting on the toilet, squatting, lifting one leg on any surface (the edge of the bathtub, high chair), lying down or just standing. As it is more convenient for you, the main thing is to relax the vaginal muscles in the chosen position.
- We enter it correctly using the bud method: you can slightly moisten the mouthpiece with water and fold it in half (see photo). When folded, it will be similar to a tulip bud. Fingers of the other hand, pushing and holding the labia, gently pushing the cap so that the thin tail is advanced into the vagina to a depth of no more than 1-1.5 cm. Then slightly turn the cap on the axis so that the “bud will open” - fully open in the vagina. Everything, you are protected, it is convenient and comfortable for you!
The menstrual cup is made of elastic medical silicone, which softens inside the body, therefore, the cup adheres well to the walls of the vagina, thereby preventing menstrual discharge from flowing out. If the cap is entered correctly, then it will absolutely not be felt inside, neither when moving (even intensive), nor when changing poses, you will not feel the slightest discomfort.
Recommendations for the use of cap.
To feel the beauty of using this tool, you need to not only learn how to properly enter and output a bud, but also follow the rules for using it. The cup does not absorb, but collects the secretions. Manufacturers in the instructions for use indicate that it can not be removed and not emptied for 12 hours. Gynecologists also recommend removing it once every 4-5 hours.
With regard to the use of funds at night, immediately before going to bed the cap should be emptied, rinsed, introduced and removed immediately in the morning.
Only this tool allows you to swim in the sea, in the pool, reservoirs, take a bath without risks. It is completely invisible (hidden inside), perfectly protects not only from leaks, but also does not allow water inside. But still, it is not recommended to be in the water for a long time during menstruation.
According to manufacturers, the term of use of the bowl is 10 years. This is amazing, very profitable, but very long. Many gynecologists still recommend replacing the bowl with a new one after 5 years of use.
Extract the saving "tulip" correctly.
- My good hands and take a comfortable position. The procedure is carried out in the bathroom or in the toilet, as when removing the cap, the menstrual flow collected in it can spill.
- The withdrawal of the menstrual cup from the vagina should also be carried out carefully. There are no difficulties here, you just need to pull the tail. But there are certain nuances. To do this freely and for a second, you need to know a little trick - feel the bottom of the tray and press it a little with your fingers to break the tightness and then it will stretch very easily.
- Clean the bowl of secretions, rinse it with running water, then warm using simple soap. A little dry and menstrual cup can be used.
Instructions on how to use the menstrual cup in pictures.
Removing the bowl:
Terms of care for menstruation cup.
After the end of the monthly cycle, the kapu must be boiled for 15 minutes. Then let it dry well and put it in a fabric bag, which is attached in the kit, or in any other, but only from a fabric that lets the air through.
As you can see, there is no particular difficulty in using this advanced feminine hygiene product. The input and output is very similar to the technology of the installation of a tampon. At observance of all above listed recommendations, application of this means will seem to you the simplest and easy. Read reviews of women who already use bowls and about the main benefits of bowls from gaskets and tampons.
If we have answered not all questions on how to use the menstrual cup, write to [email protected]
Excellent video instruction on how to use menstrual cups (preparation, introduction, etc.) from the leading European manufacturer of menstrual cups Organicup:
How to remove the menstrual funnel?
- Wash hands with soap and water before removing.
- Take a sitting position.
- Pull the mouth guard over the tip while pushing it out with vaginal muscles.
- Pour the contents into the toilet.
- Wash the bowl with water and natural soap, if possible, it would be good to pour it over with boiling water.
- If necessary, insert a piece of hygiene again. If the period of menstruation is over, boil the menstrual cup, let it dry and clean in a clean, dry place.
From my experience I can say for sure that it is necessary to get used to using the cup. After a couple of months of use, you will easily insert and remove it. Properly installed capa copes with its task at night. If you are not sure of it to the end, then put a napkin on underwear, it will absorb blood drops that can come off the walls of the vagina, and also give you the opportunity to re-install the mouthpiece in the event of a leak.
And in conclusion, I suggest you watch a video about how to introduce the cup.
Do you have experience using a menstrual cup? If so, share your impressions!
If you want to use it for the first time, I hope I gave an exhaustive answer to the question of how to use the menstrual cup. Wish you luck!
Before using the silicone menstrual cup, it must be removed from the packaging and sterilized well. Complete the procedures in turn using the algorithm below:
- Wash your hands and take the package with a cap.
- Carefully break the package and remove the menstrual cup.
- Before applying the hygiene product, make sure that it does not have cracks or other damage! This is extremely important for the safe use of capes during menstruation.
That's all - now the subject of intimate hygiene is ready for further manipulation.
Now the cap must be carefully sterilized to prevent the adherence of pathogenic microflora. To do this, do the following.
Put the water in a saucepan on the fire and wait until it boils. Wait 1-2 minutes for the salt and other additives in the liquid to evaporate a little. Gently lower the silicone cap into boiling water, and wait 4-5 minutes.
During the sterilization process, it is necessary to carefully ensure that the menstrual cup is completely in water - so it is completely sterilized! After boiling the drip tray, carefully remove the pre-drain water.
If it is not possible, or you simply do not want to sterilize the silicone menstrual cup in boiling water, you can use special tablets with a sterilization effect. They must be purchased exclusively at the pharmacy!
How to use a cap?
To use the menstrual cup correctly is the main guarantee of a woman’s comfort, and safety during menstruation. In fact, there is nothing difficult in this, but if you want to make sure that this is really the hygienic product that you need during “these” days, you can practice introducing it before the onset of menstruation.
To insert a silicone cap into the vagina, you must:
- Wash your hands well and treat them with Chlorhexidine (an antiseptic solution that will prevent infection of the genitals during manipulation).
- Since the silicone from which the menstrual cup is made is quite durable, the introduction of intravaginal hygiene products should be somewhat eased. To do this, you can use a gel without fragrances, special intimate lubrication, or ordinary running water.
- Carefully fold the mouthpiece in half, while trying not to damage it.
- When folded, smooth movement, enter the menstrual cup into the vagina.
- If the silicone cap is folded and inserted correctly, it should open up into the vagina on its own.
The whole procedure will not take you more than 5 minutes, but throughout its implementation, you must be in a relaxed state!
How to remove the silicone cup from the vagina?
It is very easy and comfortable to use this hygiene product. In addition, unlike some tampons, the cap will not press against the walls of the vagina, causing pain or discomfort. It also protects against the formation of microtraumas on the mucous membranes of the genital organs.
But it is very important to know not only how to use the menstrual cap during its introduction - it is also necessary to take into account the peculiarities of its extraction. This process also does not take you much time if you follow such step-by-step instructions:
- Wash hands well and treat with antiseptic.
- To grope the base of the tray, while avoiding sharp pulling movements.
- During the introduction of silicone hygiene products creates a vacuum effect that must be broken. To do this, with a slight movement of your finger, gently press on the base of the tray on the right or left side. If you squeeze it too hard, then the menstrual blood may stain hands and underwear, and the integrity of the silicone base may be impaired. That is, the cap will already be unsuitable for further use.
- Well grab the tool from two sides - thumb and forefinger. Slowly and smoothly remove the cap from the vagina.
After that, the tool must be emptied so that you can prepare it for further use.
How to clean the mouth guard?
Capa can be used many times, but under no circumstances can you re-insert it immediately after emptying! First of all, you need to wash it well.
The silicone bowl is washed exclusively with cold water. This is due to the fact that a warm liquid leads to rapid blood coagulation, as a result of which the menstrual cap will be difficult to clear completely.
Cold water, on the contrary, contributes to the rapid lag of blood clots and streaks from the walls of the silicone product, so that it becomes absolutely clean. In order to continue to successfully use this means of intimate hygiene, it is not possible to use antibacterial toilet soap during washing. If the cup is too stained with menstrual blood, it is allowed to use soap without fragrances and dyes.
After washing the tray, it must be re-sterilized. Take this process as a rule for yourself, and then it will be much safer to use this hygiene product!
How often wash kapu?
It is possible to reuse the menstrual cup only if it is regularly washed. How often to conduct it is a purely individual question, but many manufacturers recommend doing it every 2 hours. But remember that this interval is relative. However, if you want to safely use the cap, do not leave it inside the vagina for longer than 12 hours!
How to understand that the silicone bowl can no longer be used?
When do I need to change the mouth guard? No one gynecologist will be able to give a definite answer, because this means of intimate hygiene can be used for years! Silicone, from which it is made, is very durable, and therefore can serve for quite a long time.
Some girls can use one menstrual cap for 10 years, others - 5, etc. But if there have been changes in the body resulting from childbirth or hormonal adjustment due to various factors, you can replace the old bowl with a new one for safety purposes for the health of the genitals.
Is it possible to use capa virgins?
Kapa, according to many gynecologists, is a means of hygiene, which is not recommended for virgins. Even if it is entered correctly, there is a high probability of damage to the hymen, with all the ensuing consequences.
Of course, this is a double-edged sword, and every young girl who has just started menstruating should make a decision herself. But, nevertheless, do not neglect the warnings of doctors, so virgins should stop using silicone bowls for a while, using classical means of intimate hygiene - gaskets or “mini” tampons.
Pros and cons cap
It is worth noting that the pros of silicone bowls used for menstruation are much larger than the minuses. Among them it should be noted:
- ease of use
- possibility of long-term use
The main disadvantage of cap is that they are not suitable for all women (for individual reasons). In addition, as already noted, their use is not recommended for virgins.
But under no circumstances can it be used as a contraceptive, so you must correctly choose not only hygienic, but also a contraceptive, without making rash decisions!
If you use the silicone menstrual cup correctly, in accordance with the above recommendations and instructions, then you will not have to worry about your health and safety during your period!