Itching during menstruation may occur regularly, from time to time, or be the only episode. In any case, the reasons for its appearance is to understand, because menstruation is a natural provocation that reveals hidden infections.
But itching can speak and just about the violation of the rules of personal hygiene.
The most common cause of itching
Most often, itching during menstruation occurs with rare leaching. The excreted blood accumulates on the pads and is a breeding ground for various microorganisms that constantly inhabit the mucous genital tract of a woman. And since this also reduces the immunity, the development of a non-specific inflammatory process is possible, which dies out a few days after the end of the menstrual period against the background of the restoration of the hormonal background and immunity.
The cause of itching may be individual intolerance to the pads or tampons that a woman uses during her period. They should be changed and look at the result. If this situation continues from month to month, you should consult a doctor and make sure that there is no hidden inflammatory process.
The rules of personal hygiene during menstruation
You must also pay special attention to personal hygiene during menstruation. Here are the basic rules:
- during menstruation you can not take a bath, it is better to wash in the shower twice a day, with special soap (gel) for intimate hygiene you need to wash only the skin (but not mucous membranes),
- water flow and arm movements should be directed from front to back, and not vice versa, so as not to infect the genitals from the anus,
- wipe the genitals need a clean individual towel, preferably a soft,
- you cannot have sex during this period: an infection can easily get into the uterine cavity)
- tampons can be an indispensable tool during menstruation, but they should be used correctly, they should be used only in the first days of menstruation, longer use of a tampon can lead to vaginal dryness, irritation of mucous membranes and reproduction of dangerous bacteria that can get into the bloodstream, tampons close the outflow of fluid from the uterus, so experts recommend changing them every two hours so that pathogens do not have time to multiply if a woman has some kind of infection ion-inflammatory process, can not use tampons.
If the cause of itching is an infectious-inflammatory process.
Prolonged infectious-inflammatory processes of the female genital organs can be caused by sexually transmitted infections or opportunistic microflora that reside on the mucous membranes of the woman.
Both those and other processes today most often go unnoticed and are exacerbated when exposed to some additional factors. One of these factors is menstruation. Therefore, if itching during menstruation continues from month to month, you need to contact a gynecologist and undergo a complete examination. It is very important to do this on time, until irreversible changes in the reproductive system begin, which often lead to infertility.
Nonspecific inflammatory processes often develop on the background of hormonal disorders. A large role in maintaining the purity of the genital organs is played by female hormones estrogen.
Under the influence of estrogen develops the normal microflora of the vagina, consisting mainly of lactic acid bacteria that produce lactic acid.
The acidic environment is uncomfortable for conditionally pathogenic and pathogenic microflora, so it does not reproduce and does not cause disease. When estrogen secretion decreases, this supporting factor disappears, microorganisms multiply, and the risk of inflammatory processes increases many times over.
Sometimes the inflammatory process is localized in the internal genital organs. Sluggish inflammatory process is accompanied by insignificant secretions, which are invisible in normal times, but irritate the sensitive walls of the genital organs during menstruation. So there is itching during menstruation.
Only a gynecologist can help in this situation. But even an experienced specialist during the initial examination of a woman, most likely, will not be able to say exactly why she is ill. This will require examination and only by its results can treatment be prescribed.
If the gynecologist does not find pathology
It happens that itching during and after menstruation is the result of a common disease. Quite often it occurs in diabetes, some blood diseases, cancer, helminth infections, etc. In this case, the gynecologist sends a woman to other specialists.
The conditionally pathogenic microorganism Gardnerella begins vigorous activity when the vaginal microflora is disturbed. The disease is called Gardnerellosis. There are liquid discharge with a very pronounced smell of fish, besides it will be disturbed by severe itching during menstruation. No other symptoms are usually observed. The body temperature in this pathological condition is normal.
Trichomoniasis is caused by Trichomonas bacteria. Multiplying, they provoke the appearance of discharge with an unpleasant smell, usually - foamy. Their color may be yellow, greenish or white. The woman will feel discomfort in the intimate area even before the bleeding. During menstruation, itching will only increase in the vagina, since blood will act as an additional irritant.
Chlamydia is a disease caused by a bacteria called chlamydia. During menstruation, they become very active, although before the appearance of blood a woman could notice the swelling of the external genital organs, pain, and the discharge of yellow shades.
When a woman enters the body gonococci, transmitted only through sexual contact, then we are talking about gonorrhea. This infection causes not only during menstruation a burning sensation in the vagina, but also before they will be disturbed by discomfort and discharge, painted yellow with a strong odor.
In addition, the menstrual cycle is disturbed, there may be bleeding between periods. Additionally, you should monitor the temperature of the body - it can increase. Most often during a disease libido falls.
If inflammation occurs in the ovaries and fallopian tubes, then gynecologists diagnose adnexitis. In the presence of this pathology, not cured immediately, the disease turns into a chronic stage. Then itching during menstruation, as well as burning and dryness are provided for you. Quite often, the cycle is irregular. Discharge between bleeding smells unpleasant, the acid balance of the vagina is disturbed.
The body of a woman who is diagnosed with diabetes, gradually acquires a variety of ailments. Quite often, mucous membranes are affected - they are overdried and require moisture from the outside. The level of acidity of the vagina is also not normal. That is why itching during menstruation becomes stronger, annoying and exhausting woman.
Often, during critical days due to rearrangements in the body, the herpes virus is activated. And then the genitals are covered with itchy blisters filled with clear liquid.
The cause of itching during menstruation may be the human papillomavirus. You can also find papillomas and warts in the genital area. No other symptoms can be expected. Only increased discomfort during the period of bloody discharge.
Diseases of the liver and gallbladder
If a woman has such pathologies as chronic cholecystitis, discomfort in the vagina can also occur. Like many diseases, cholecystitis is exacerbated during menstruation. In addition, this disease is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- discomfort on the right side under the ribs (sometimes there is pain),
- gums are bleeding,
- appetite disappears
- very abundant periods,
- aversion to fried and fatty dishes.
Hepatitis is characterized by yellowing of the skin, especially eye proteins. Severe itching during menstruation - one of the satellites of hepatitis.
Consider a plan of action before visiting the gynecologist, until menstruation is over:
- Pick up other gaskets or tampons. Be sure to change them as often as possible. It is advisable every two to three hours or every time you visit the lavatory, even if the gasket is still filled.
- Take antihistamines, such as Loratadine, Erius, Ceterisin. But only if itching is impossible to tolerate and it interferes with sleep.
- When podmyvanii use decoctions of herbs - chamomile, sage, calendula, St. John's wort.
- Exclude obvious allergens from food - cocoa, citrus, peanuts, fish and seafood. Eat fully and properly.
- Be sure to take tests to check blood sugar levels, as well as liver function.
- As soon as the bleeding is over, you should visit a gynecologist, even if the causes of itching during menstruation could not be resolved by yourself, following the above recommendations.
At the reception, the doctor will examine the patient on the chair, take smears. If necessary, conduct a colposcopy and prescribe an ultrasound to check the condition of the ovaries.
When itching during menstruation, the treatment and examination by a gynecologist is carried out only after their termination. Candidiasis cannot be treated topically (with the help of candles and vaginal tablets) while blood is flowing from the vagina. Special attention should be paid to hygiene, wash as often as possible, and also change the gaskets in time. And only after the completion of menstruation can anti-fungal therapy be carried out.
Treatments for trichomoniasis depend on the stage of the disease. You should always examine the man - the patient's sexual partner. Of the drugs are prescribed drugs of systemic action - tinidosol or metronidazole, etc. After drug therapy, a smear is given three times in a row in different cycles. If Trichomonas are not detected, then the itching during menstruation will disappear, the causes are found and the treatment chosen is correct.
To combat gardnerellosis and vaginitis use immunostimulatory drugs, as well as colonize the vagina with beneficial microorganisms. But before that, you definitely need to cope with pathogenic flora. The doctor will prescribe antiseptics and antibiotics, an antiprotozoal agent, and then probiotics and suppositories to restore the vaginal microflora.
Chlamydia is treated topically with gels or ointments, and vaginal suppositories with antimicrobial properties are prescribed. Vitamins and probiotics are needed to maintain the overall condition of the body. The disease is treated for a long time. It is important not to lose time, because infertility can be a complication.
If adnexitis causes burning and itching during menstruation, the doctor determines the stage of the disease in order to prescribe treatment either in the hospital or on an outpatient basis. When inflammation is defeated with medication, physiotherapy is indicated for the woman.
Gonorrhea is treated only with antibiotics under the strict supervision of a gynecologist. If you visit a specialist at least once a year, the presence of pathogens can be detected at the initial stage.
Cholecystitis and hepatitis can be kept under control by a gastroenterologist or therapist, and diabetes mellitus by an endocrinologist. Be sure to let them know about your problem.
Itching in the intimate area during menstruation can be easily prevented if you follow some very simple rules. As often as possible, take a shower and wash the genitals with warm water with neutral soap or a special tool for intimate hygiene.
Herbal decoctions will help to avoid the occurrence of irritation, so during the period of menstruation hygiene procedures can be performed using them instead of water. The main advice is frequent change of gaskets. Gynecologists do not recommend wearing the same gasket for more than 6 hours.
Itching during menstruation caused by poor hygienic products, will pass when you stop using it, choosing other options from the proposed abundant range. Be sure to give up flavored pads.
Do not forget about underwear. It is also desirable to change it at least twice a day. The materials of which the pants are made, must be natural.
As soon as itching during menstruation occurs and you cannot find the reason, make an appointment with your gynecologist after the bleeding has ended. Remember, a healthy lifestyle with good nutrition, moderate physical activity and personal hygiene is the key to good health!
The rules of personal hygiene during menstruation
Hygiene issues during critical days deserve some attention. Rules of hygiene procedures:
- during the period of menstruation it is forbidden to take a bath, a warm shower is desirable twice a day using soap or gel intended for intimate hygiene,
- movements of the woman’s arms, like the flow of water, should be directed exclusively from front to back, thus eliminating the risk of infection on the genitals of the anus,
- wipe off only with an individual soft cloth towel,
- sexual contact is strictly prohibited due to the possibility of infection in the uterus,
- tampons are recommended to be used only in the first days of menstruation, in order not to provoke dryness of the vaginal walls, irritation of the mucous membranes,
- tampons make impossible the outflow of blood from the uterus, so gynecologists recommend changing them every two hours to avoid the multiplication of pathogenic bacteria,
- It is forbidden to use tampons for women who have any infectious and inflammatory process.
The main causes of itching
Severe itching in an intimate place during menstruation can be caused by insignificant reasons that are easy to eliminate, or quite serious, requiring urgent treatment.
Often, the discomfort manifests itself due to rare washing. The blood that is released from the genitals accumulates on the pad and becomes a breeding ground for various microorganisms. Thus, there is a high likelihood of the development of the inflammatory process, which ceases at the end of menstruation and the restoration of hormonal balance.
The individual intolerance of a certain type of pads or tampons that a woman uses is likely. If you suspect this option, you need to change the means of hygiene to others and see the reaction of the body. But if the reason is still not in the gaskets, and itching continues from cycle to cycle, then you should not hesitate to visit a specialist to identify the hidden inflammatory process.
Usually, itching in the vagina is due to an exacerbation of a hidden afflicting disease. Only a doctor on the basis of a complete examination of the body will be able to set an accurate diagnosis.
Most often the reason for discomfort are:
- Thrush. The disease is manifested by redness of the vagina and white cheesy discharge from it. The disease is often fixed during menstruation due to the acidic vaginal environment and hormonal imbalance caused by menstruation.
- Colpit From the vagina is the release of grayish or yellow purulent fluid, during menstruation the situation is aggravated.
- Trichomoniasis. The foul-smelling yellow-green discharge is fixed, the inflammation provokes itching and burning, and the discomfort increases during menstruation.
- Chlamydia. Manifested by the presence of yellow discharge, irritation, itching and burning, swelling of the labia.
- Gonorrhea. Itching and burning during menstruation of the vagina and labia, soreness when urinating are characteristic signs of the disease.
- Bacterial vaginosis. Typical signs: persistent severe itching in the vagina and on the lips of the lips, discharge with a putrid odor, increased body temperature.
- Herpes virus. Small vesicles form on the labia. They constantly itch, during menstruation, itching increases.
- Papillomavirus. It affects the skin and mucous membranes of the female genital organs, causes itching during menstruation.
In addition to infectious and inflammatory pathologies of the female organs, itching may indicate the presence of other diseases:
- diabetes mellitus - an increase in the level of sugar in the urine irritates the mucous membrane of the genital organs, which causes itching and burning, especially during menstruation,
- disruption of the liver,
- inflammatory diseases of the kidneys,
- sex hormone imbalance,
- oncological tumors
- mental health disorders of women.
The method of treating the problem should be chosen by the treating gynecologist after its diagnosis. Diagnosis includes: visual inspection of the genital organs, smear on the flora, ultrasound, colposcopy and other studies as necessary.
- When thrush after the end of menstruation is recommended to take antifungal drugs.
- Trichomoniasis requires taking metronidazole or tinidazole, destroying pathogenic pathogens.
- Therapy of bacterial vaginosis is carried out by the method of increasing the immune functions of the body and increasing the beneficial flora of the vagina.
Хламидиоз, гонорея и прочие ИППП лечатся антибиотиками, иммуномодуляторами. Успешно используются свечи, мази, комплексы витаминов, физиотерапия.
Какие существуют причины
Itching during menstruation, the reasons for which are quite diverse, can not be treated independently. Incorrectly chosen medication can aggravate the problem. There are the following reasons for this unpleasant phenomenon:
- papilloma virus
- vaginal inflammation,
- gonorrheal vaginitis,
- bacterial vaginosis
- chronic adnexitis,
The most dangerous provocateur of vaginal itching is erosion. This is a precancerous condition that requires a careful and comprehensive approach.
Chlamydia and vaginitis
The main cause of gonorrheal vaginitis is unprotected sex with a person who is a carrier of gonococcus. The main symptom is unbearable vaginal itching. Discharges have a yellowish tint and an unpleasant "fragrance." Monthly with a little late or come a few days earlier.
Against the background of gonorrhea, bleeding may appear even outside the cycle. There is a decrease in libido, the body temperature rises slightly.
Vaginosis and herpes
Herpes often manifests itself during menstruation. Discomfort in the intimate area is not the main symptom of this anomaly. It is characterized by the appearance of specific bubbles in the genital foci. These bubbles are filled with turbid liquid.
Adnexitis and diabetes
Provocateur adnexitis is a change in vaginal pH. The walls of the vagina are very annoying, there is discomfort. Itching is combined with pain in the lower abdomen. Sexual attraction decreases markedly, the body temperature rises slightly.
The most dangerous pathology, a symptom of which can be vaginal itching, is diabetes. Provocateur discomfort appears glucose-rich urine. Her evacuation contributes to irritation of the mucous and genital lips.
Allergies and pathologies of the nervous system
Sometimes this symptom is observed in case of NA abnormalities. At the same time, signs such as:
These signs can be combined with auditory or visual hallucinations. In bright light a person may experience discomfort.
What to do
Erosion and other abnormal processes occurring in the uterus are treated with the help of lasers. Allergies are allowed to take medications such as Loratadine, Ceterisin, and Erius. For scrubbing should be used chamomile and sage broths.
It is recommended to exclude oranges, tangerines, lemons, sweets, seafood and peanuts from the diet. You should also avoid all fat and fried. To exclude diabetes, it is recommended to donate blood for analysis.
It is not recommended to visit the pool or beach at this time. It is better to refuse bathing in favor of the shower. Wash off in an upright position.
Didn't find the answer to your question?
Ask it to our visitors and experts.
All consultations are absolutely free.
© Site about the menstrual cycle
and his frustrations
All rights reserved
The information is given only for general information and can not be used for self-medication.
It is not necessary to self-medicate, it can be dangerous. Always consult a doctor.
In case of partial or complete copying of materials from the site, an active link to it is required.
Common causes of unpleasant symptom
Usually, itching in the vagina before menstruation is due to an exacerbation of a secretly occurring disease of the genital organs, less commonly a common ailment. Based on the examination, the doctor will make an accurate diagnosis. It may be:
Ailment, popularly referred to as thrush, has a tendency to manifest itself during menstruation due to changes in hormonal levels, acidity of the vagina. Candidiasis is easily identified by thick white discharge. On the eve of critical days, labia lips often begin to itch, and as a result of scratching, the situation worsens, pain in the intimate zone increases,
Inflammation, triggered by trichomonads, causes a burning sensation in the vagina at any phase of the cycle, accompanied by frothy, foul-smelling secretions. With the onset of menstrual discomfort increases markedly
Its symptoms are less pronounced: weak itching, yellowish discharge, slight swelling of the labia. Itching during menstruation increases, and after them subsides again,
Sexually transmitted, has a distinctive feature # 8212, non-menstrual bleeding. Typical signs are bright in nature: persistent severe itching, copious yellow discharge with a putrid odor, fever,
It is also easily recognized by the smell of fish emanating from underwear: as a result of the disturbance of microflora, pathogens actively reproduce,
Inflammation of the appendages, which changes the acidity of the internal genital organs, usually is chronic, being actively manifested before menstruation,
The virus that lives in the body of most people, can for a long time not to let know about themselves. The weakening of immunity and the shift of hormonal background are the impetus for the appearance of transparent bubbles on the genitals. Rashes cause great anxiety.
If itching during menstruation, you should not self-medicate on the basis of the analysis of well-being # 8212, only the therapy prescribed by the doctor will be productive.
Less common causes
Sometimes the gynecologist has to prescribe an extensive general examination in order to identify the factor of itching before or during menstruation. Itching before menstruation is sometimes a companion of the following diseases:
Various diseases that weaken the liver, affect the entire body. If the burning sensation during menstruation is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness in the right margin, and a decrease in appetite, hepatitis or cholecystitis may be suspected.
Women with sensitive skin sometimes have an allergy to the components of personal care products. Unsuccessfully purchased pads # 8212, cause of inconvenience. Itching disappears without a trace due to the termination of the use of this tool,
If the causes of itching during menstruation are due to psychological factors, other symptoms will be noticeable: anxiety, lack of normal sleep, hallucinations.
Methods to relieve the patient from itching during menstruation are directly dependent on the diagnosis, there is no universal remedy. When the period ends, the doctor will take a smear for analysis and, by its result, prescribe therapy.
Detection of infection puts in the forefront the problem of its elimination. Used complex therapy # 8212,
It is important to promptly seek medical help, because the progress of diseases of the reproductive system in women often leads to infertility.
Place in a container a small bunch of basil herb, pour a liter of cold water, put on fire, boil for a quarter of an hour. Let the broth cool, take half a cup three times a day,
Mix in equal parts the flowers of chamomile and hypericum, pour boiling water at a ratio of 1:10, let it brew for 24 hours. Take a quarter of a glass in the morning and evening, or make baths, diluting the solution to a weak brownish tint.
Having decided to use the advice of traditional medicine, you must ensure that there are no allergic reactions to the ingredients of the recipe.
Why does itching during menstruation?
This is due to various reasons.
Among the most common are:
- violation of hygiene rules
- thrush and other infectious diseases,
- chronic inflammatory processes in the uterus and appendages,
- individual body reaction to hygiene tampons and pads,
- chronic somatic diseases (diabetes, etc.).
The specific reason can be established only with the help of a medical examination, which is carried out after the monthly passes. The initial examination is carried out by a gynecologist. If no pathologies are identified in his specialty, the patient passes blood and urine tests and goes to see a therapist.
How is itching during menstruation?
Treatment depends on the reasons that provoked it. Trichomoniasis treated with metronidazole, thrush - antifungal drugs, and nonspecific colpit - various disinfectants. When identifying chronic inflammatory process in the uterus and appendages, rehabilitation measures and therapeutic measures, including physiotherapy and spa treatment, are required.
Pathological processes of the cervix, for example erosionrequire carrying laser positioning and cauterization.
Often itching during menstruation is not the result of any disease, but a simple skin allergic reaction for personal hygiene products (tampons, pads), and especially - flavored. In this case, to get rid of the itch it will be enough to change the brand of gaskets. Often, itching occurs when personal hygiene rules are not followed. During this flushing period, it should be carried out at least twice a day, and avoiding the use of soap (it is better to give preference to special neutral gels). Also during menstruation one should refrain from visiting baths, saunas and taking baths.
The cause of the itch may be unbalanced diet, for the period of monthly refrain from eating sweet, fatty and spicy dishes.
Itching during menstruation is not the norm. The pathologies of which he is a symptom rarely pose a serious danger to a woman’s health. But in order to prevent some unpleasant moments, a woman should go to a gynecologist. It will be necessary to do this on the seventh-tenth day of the cycle.
Candidiasis and trichomoniasis
Most often, the discomfort in the intimate area is provoked by thrush, which is also called candidiasis. Itching is combined with specific secretions that have a cheesy texture. For some ladies, such secretions appear during the “critical days”. When the pathology progresses, itching becomes unbearable.
Permanent scratching of the intimate area leads to damage to the mucous membranes. Against this background, the evacuation of the urine becomes very painful. Also appears puffiness of the genital lips.
With trichomoniasis, even before the arrival of “critical days”, a burning sensation appears in the vagina. With the appearance of bleeding, discomfort increases. Strong itching joins the burning sensation. Sometimes there are foamy or watery vaginal discharge. Their shade varies from white to yellowish or green.
When menstruation begins, some women have acute symptoms of hepatitis and chronic cholecystitis. For this reason, sexual itching occurs. It is combined with pulling sensations in the right hypochondrium. In some cases, the discomfort is replaced by a rather tangible pain syndrome.
Monthly go more abundant than usual, the appetite decreases. The body ceases to perceive fried and fat. Gingival bleeding and yellowing of the skin or eye proteins are occasionally observed.
Symptoms of manifestation
Itching refers to the natural manifestations of the body to any irritants. Almost every woman faced in her life with such an unpleasant moment. But any manifestation of burning and itching during menstruation or after them requires close attention.
Sometimes, to stop the discomfort when itching in the genital area and itching, it is enough to change the underwear of synthetic fabrics to natural.
To find out the cause of these sensations, you should pay attention to other symptoms that occur along with the itch:
- the “causal place” itches only in the evening, without any manifestation of itself in the afternoon or morning,
- itching during menstruation is accompanied by fever,
- besides a burning sensation, lower abdomen hurts,
- before menstruation, besides itching and burning, there is a small spotting,
- itching not only in the genital area, but also the whole body,
- Precision sensations are accompanied by abdominal cutting.
These symptoms indicate diseases that are not always associated with the genitals. Although diseases of the genital organs also cause itching, burning in an intimate place.
The reason may lie in such diseases as:
Itching does not always indicate a problem. If such inconveniences manifest themselves in a mild form and are of short duration, do not worry much.
But if itching is severe, it lasts for a long time and, moreover, it is often a sign of illness.
It is not paradoxical, but quite often underwear becomes the cause of itching. Why is that? And everything is simple: young ladies in pursuit of beauty and sexuality prefer linen with synthetic fabrics, while natural ones are pushed into the background. A synthetic in its properties does not allow air and moisture.
The female reproductive system is designed in such a way that vaginal discharge may appear or disappear despite the menstrual cycle. Thus, all the secretions remain inside the linen, creating a comfortable environment for the reproduction of pathogenic microflora.
Most often, lace underwear made from synthetics, and all the girls want to look beautiful. If you cannot do without “beauty”, which is harmful to health, then it is better to alternate synthetic and natural linen.
External causes of perineal pruritus:
- Allergic reaction. It can occur on any auxiliary means: tampons, condoms, pads. Allergy is manifested a few days after application of the tool. In this intimate place itches very badly, labia swell up and microcracks may appear on them. The best way to fix the problem is to get rid of the external allergen.
- Hygiene. Maybe someone the following reason seems unreal, but it also happens. This is improper hygiene of the genital lips. Carry out the procedure is twice a day, using special means for intimate hygiene or baby soap. In addition, excessive purity of purity can lead to vaginal dryness, itching. Here it is better to follow the measure, plus - to rinse right: from the vagina to the anus, and not vice versa.
- Stress. Itching during menstruation may be after the banal stress, the so-called neurotic itching and burning. In this case, prescribe calm.
Internal factors causing itching
Often, various diseases can cause itching during menstruation or during any other period of the menstrual cycle.
Sometimes these diseases do not relate to the genitals, but they make themselves felt in that very place. In this case, it is important not to resort to self-treatment, but to find out the reason from a specialist who will diagnose and prescribe treatment.
Grandmother's recipes or pills that a woman herself will appoint, can only harm. In the best case, such treatment eliminates the symptoms for a while, but does not relieve the disease.
Diseases that cause genital itching:
- Candidiasis. Itching during menstruation is most often caused by thrush. In addition, the itching joins burning, painful urination, cheesy discharge, puffiness of the labia. Here come to the aid of antifungal drugs that can be purchased at the pharmacy. But the tool is better to use after consulting a doctor.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections. Quite often, the problem of itching may lie precisely in this. Chlamydia, ureaplasma, mycoplasma - this is not the whole list of diseases that can cause discomfort in a tender place. And if the disease is more serious - herpes, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis - then the symptoms will be serious. These include: swelling of intimate lips, discharge with blood with a smell, severe itching. And during the period of critical days, all this increases repeatedly. Why? In the premenstrual period, the female immunity is weakened and all the bad is exacerbated. This problem can be solved only together with the gynecologist.
- Vaginosis. Another cause of itching during menstruation may be vaginal dysbacteriosis. This disease appears due to the bacterium Gardnerella, after its activation there is a change in the balance of microflora, which causes itching. In addition to this symptom, bacterial vaginosis causes watery discharge with an unpleasant "fishy" smell, and during the critical days the smell becomes even stronger.
- Vulvovaginitis. The disease is caused by the human papillomavirus. Severe symptoms are no different, but the feeling of itching is present.
- Chronic adnexitis. On critical days, the pH component of the vagina changes, and with adnexitis, this causes irritation of the vaginal wall and this causes the woman to have an intimate area. In addition, with this disease, the girl may feel recurrent pain in the lower abdomen, libido decreases, rarely - increased body temperature.
- Diabetes can cause vaginal itching. The urine contains a high content of glucose, which irritates the intimate lips and vaginal mucosa. In addition, there may be a frequent desire to go for a little.
- Chronic cholestecystitis, hepatitis during menstruation, it becomes aggravated and causes itching of the female organs. Here are associated symptoms: dull pain, heaviness in the right hypochondrium, heavy periods, frequent bleeding of the gums, reduced appetite, rarely can turn yellow skin, whites of the eyes, like.
In any case, if itching during menstruation or after they are caused by chronic diseases or newly acquired ones, the best treatment will be to consult a specialist.Only there it is possible to establish the exact cause of the problem and qualified to eliminate it.
Is burning during menstruation normal?
If unpleasant itching and burning accompany a woman in a period of 1-2 or more menstruations - these are signs of infection by bacteria, fungi and other microbes or inflammation of the pelvic organs. Therefore, irritation during menstruation is not considered normal. The exceptions are cases when a woman has pronounced symptoms of PMS.
During this period, the mucous membrane of the genital organs is vulnerable to the development of pathogenic microorganisms. In any case, after the end of the month for 7-10 day you need to visit the gynecologist and do an ultrasound.
If a woman is in a state of premenopause, itching and burning during menstruation are also not considered pathological. This is the body's response to the lack of sex hormones - estrogen. The problem is solved by additional hormone therapy.
Causes of itching during menstruation
There are external and internal causes of discomfort in the genital area. External concerns poor hygiene on critical days, the use of inappropriate care products. Internal concerns diseases of the ovaries, uterus, thyroid gland, other organs and body systems.
The list of common causes of discomfort on critical days:
- bacterial vaginosis
- papillomatous vulvovaginitis,
Similar symptoms occur in women suffering from:
- liver disease,
- diabetes mellitus
- nervous disorders
- susceptibility to allergic reactions.
Understand the causes of burning during menstruation and treatment can only doctor.
It is a fungal infection of the vaginal mucosa that causes unpleasant itching and burning during menstruation. Most often, discomfort appears 1-2 days before the critical days and is accompanied by secretions of white or grayish color, with a consistency resembling cottage cheese. If untreated, thrush quickly becomes chronic with relapses 4-5 times a year.
A serious illness that requires rapid diagnosis and treatment. Burning in the vagina during menstruation and discomfort during urination are the main symptoms of the disease. Additionally, on the eve of the woman observes yellow discharge. Possible increase in body temperature and a decrease in sexual desire.
A prolonged course of the disease is indicated by the failure of the menstrual cycle or bleeding in the period between menstruation.
The disease is caused by microorganisms of the normal microflora of the vagina - gardnerella. If the acidity of the vagina is disturbed, their growth increases, while the number of other pathological microbes increases. As a result, the woman appears copious with the smell of "fish", itching and discomfort in the lower abdomen. If the condition is not corrected by medication, the microflora balance shifts towards pathogenic, the discharge becomes green, which indicates the accession of a bacterial infection. In this case, itching and burning constantly torment woman.
Itching and burning in the intimate area during menstruation with herpes are mild. The main symptom of the disease is a rash in the genital area in the form of bubbles filled with fluid. The recurrence of the disease most often occurs during the period of menstrual bleeding and passes by the 5-7 day of the cycle. The disease is poorly treatable, so it is important to prevent the fall of the body's defenses. To prevent a chance of herpes reappear on the mucous.
The disease rarely invokes discomfort in the intimate area. Its main feature is warts of various shapes and sizes. The papillomavirus is considered the most dangerous in terms of the development of oncological processes in the female reproductive system.
It is an inflammatory disease that captures the uterus. In addition to itching and burning on the second day of menstruation and the subsequent days of the cycle, a woman feels discomfort and tension in the lower abdomen. In rare cases, fever and decreased libido may occur. The cause of burning is a violation of the normal PH of the vagina, which is why the discharge irritates its mucous membrane, provoking inflammation.
If the burning of the vulvar mucosa during menstruation is accompanied by pain in the right hypochondrium, aversion to fatty foods and loss of appetite, these are symptoms of liver disease, for example, cholecystitis or hepatitis. A woman observes more abundant than usual periods and bleeding gums. Hepatitis is also manifested by yellowing of the skin or eyes.
Allergy to personal care products
Allergy is manifested by burning in the vagina on the second day of menstruation. This suggests intolerance to sanitary pads or tampons, or rather, their components. Eliminate allergies will help the rejection of such hygiene products or change of manufacturer. It is possible to minimize the signs of allergy by changing linings and tampons more often, by washing with warm water without soap and other means.
Diseases of the nervous system
General irritability or, on the contrary, drowsiness and emotionality often affect the female reproductive system. Itching during menstruation, problems with urination. A woman does not sleep well, inadequately responds to extraneous noises and people with whom she communicates.
Itching during menstruation is one of the symptoms of infection with genital infections or diseases of the internal organs. Monitoring well-being will allow the doctor to clearly describe the picture of the disease and identify the cause of development. A visit to the gynecologist is required.