Monthly with infertility can go regularly, giving no problem. A completely healthy woman finds out about her fruitlessness at the moment when she expresses a desire to become a mother. In this case, a broken cycle significantly increases the chances of infertility. In some cases, specialists can restore the function of the reproductive system, in others - medicine is powerless. The earlier a woman is examined and treated, the higher the chances of getting pregnant.
Do menstruation with infertility?
Menstruation, as such, is not associated with the problem of infertility. Menstruation is a rejection of the inner layer of the endometrium, as a result of which blood vessels become bare, blood flows out. The uterus is restored, preparing for new cyclical transformations. Menstrual blood indicates the absence of conception in this cycle.
There are cases in medicine when teenage girls, having sex with an early age, are pregnant before the first menstrual periods begin. The second case concerns women after childbirth who are breastfeeding. During this period, menstruation is absent, but pregnancy occurs. Mom will not have time to feed the baby up to the age of one, as she finds out that she will become a mom again. And finally, women with menopause with the absence of menstruation are pregnant. These cases suggest that menstruation is not associated with infertility. Women safely conceive at a time when there is no menstruation.
There is also a reverse side of the coin, when pregnancy does not occur with regular critical days. Why is that? Conception is only possible when ovulation occurs. If it does not exist, the organism continues to perform its functions further - it prepares for rejection of the endometrium, cleansing the uterus, a new process of maturation of the egg cell. That is, it is worth paying attention not to critical days, but to ovulation. Immediately it should be noted that women of reproductive age twice a year, there are cycles in which ovulation is absent, it is considered the norm. In this way, the body arranges a little rest for itself. Restores strength to perform its functions in the future. In women after 35 years, the number of such cycles per year gradually increases, the chance of becoming pregnant decreases.
Nature of discharge
Irregular periods indicate problems in the female
the body. As a rule, this is due to the imbalance of sex hormones. Estrogen deficiency leads to a lack of ovulation - the egg either does not develop or is very weak. Lack of progesterone does not allow the fertilized egg to attach to the walls of the uterus, rejection occurs. The cause of infertility can be, as a lack of hormone of the first phase, and the second. The nature of menstruation is different in each case.
- Monthly and infertility with estrogen deficiency. The main cause of problems with conception. Causes a lack of ovulation or the development of a defective egg. The duration of the cycle can vary in one direction or the other. Monthly poor with a small amount of blood, lasting 1-3 days.
- Infertility with an excess of estrogen. With ovulation in this case, everything is in order, but an increased level of the female hormone provokes a number of gynecological diseases. Often it is uterine fibroids, endometriosis, endometritis. Under the influence of estrogen, a thick layer of the endometrium is formed. It is harder for the uterus to tear away, and when this happens, heavy bleeding begins. A sign of the disease is a delay in menstruation, severe pain in the lower back, lower abdomen, heavy discharge, which lasts about 7 days.
- Monthly and sterility with progesterone deficiency. The problem can be called conditional. Since in most cases it is solved by taking hormonal preparations containing synthetic progesterone. Lack of hormone does not give a fertilized egg to fully develop. Pregnancy occurs, delaying menstruation, but then fails, causing bleeding.
Of course, a regular menstrual cycle is a sign of strong female health. But unfortunately, it does not always mean the absence of problems in the reproductive system. A woman can be called infertile if she has not been able to get pregnant for 6 months of full-fledged sexual life.
Note! If the menstrual flow is scarce, the duration is reduced, you should consult with a specialist. It is not considered pathology, if the mother had such menstruation, and she safely gave birth to children. The daughter's menstrual cycle often repeats the nature of the monthly mother.
Irregular menstrual periods indicate a disordered connection between the pituitary, hypothalamus, and ovaries. The cause of infertility can be hidden in any link. The situation provokes an imbalance of hormones, along with the development of gynecological diseases. The pains of the monthly moderate nature are present in all women, if they become unbearable, it is necessary to consult with
by specialists. Painful periods and infertility may be associated with the presence of the disease.
- Endometriosis. In itself, the disease does not affect conception, the consequences of endometriosis are dangerous. Excessive growth of the endometrium, its subsequent rejection causes severe bleeding, resulting in a miscarriage. Endometriosis provokes obstruction of the fallopian tubes, changes the structure of the endometrium. The menstrual cycle is disturbed in a big way, there is bleeding, severe pain in the abdomen, lower back, dizziness, weakness. The situation repeats every month. Possible bloody discharge between menstruation.
- Pathology of the endocrine system. The thyroid is responsible for the production of sex hormones. With constant imbalance, diseases of the reproductive system develop. Among them, polycystic, metabolic syndrome.
- Endometritis. The inflammatory process at first develops asymptomatically, then it makes itself known by painful sensations that worsen during critical days.
Monthly with infertility are painful for several reasons:
- A disorder in the functioning of the sympathetic nervous system, along with hormonal imbalances,
- Increased levels of serotonin in the body,
- Tuberculosis of the genital organs,
- Lack of magnesium, iron in the body,
- Dysplastic anomalies of connective tissue,
- Congenital anomalies with difficulty in the outflow of blood from the pelvic organs,
- Adhesions in the genitals after suffering infectious and inflammatory gynecological diseases,
- Neoplasms in the uterus, appendages.
In medicine, painful periods were called algomenorrhea. Pathology requires a thorough examination of the body, full treatment. Independently determine the cause of severe pain in the home is almost impossible.
What does the delay in infertility
Disruption of the monthly cycle in a healthy woman in most
cases means pregnancy. What does the delay indicate if a woman is diagnosed “infertile”?
- The inability of women to conceive is due to many reasons. In some cases, doctors know exactly why this is not happening, in others - shrug. If everything is normal with the body, pregnancy does not occur for mysterious reasons, delayed menstruation may mean fertilization, conception. The test should be carried out a week after the expected date of onset of menstruation. A fuzzy second bar also means a positive result.
- With infertility, delayed menstruation means hormonal imbalance. Imbalance occurs due to nervous experiences, shocks, excessive exercise, excess weight, a strict diet, moving, hypothermia.
- Delayed medications, hormones. Increased body temperature in viral, colds.
- In case of irregular menstruation, you should pay attention to other alarming, painful symptoms. The reason may be gynecological, venereal diseases.
When infertility are monthly, as in a healthy woman. The norm is the duration of menstruation 3-5 days, is not a pathological delay within 7 days. The causes of the cycle violation are different. In most cases, associated with an imbalance of sex hormones.
The effect of menstruation on conception
Menstrual function reflects the state of the female body. And if the cycle is irregular, and critical days are a “test” for a woman, the likelihood of problems with conception also increases. But this is not always the case. Sometimes even the cycle “by the clock” does not guarantee the absence of any pathologies in the gynecological field.
In order to understand how menstruation affects conception, it is necessary to understand what it is and why a woman regularly secretes blood from the genital tract.
Menstruation - the process of rejection of the inner layer of the uterus, causing blood vessels to become bare, and all of this leads to bloody discharge. Menstruation is an indication that conception did not occur in this cycle. After that, the body begins to prepare for the next month.
So, from the beginning of the cycle, the endometrium grows under the influence of more estrogens. At the same time, an egg cell in the follicle must mature in the ovaries. Ovulation occurs in the middle of the cycle. This changes the hormonal background of the woman to the prevailing blood levels of progesterone. At this time, the endometrium begins to "loosen" and prepare for the adoption of an already fertilized egg. Another hormonal jump indicates that conception did not occur in this cycle, and the inner layer of the uterus begins to gradually reject. And after a few days everything repeats again.
What conditions can lead to infertility? The main ones include the following:
- Physiologically, ovulation may occur in women not every month, and this is considered the norm. But the absence of an egg for three cycles is a pathology.
- With a visually unchanged genitals in a woman, incomplete growth and maturation of the follicle may occur. As a result, there is a trigger for the onset of menstruation, but fertilization cannot occur, since the egg cell does not reach its ovulation stage in its development.
- A long cycle may indicate ovarian problems, an excess of estrogen, or a lack of progesterone. Any of these conditions can lead to serious problems with conception. Often, abundant periods and infertility are stated.
- Irregular menstruation is a sign of a disordered connection between the pituitary, hypothalamus and ovaries. It can also be one of the symptoms of polycystic ovaries and the absence of full ovulation.
- A short menstrual cycle may indicate a lack of estrogen. As a result, the endometrium cannot fully “prepare” for the adoption of a fertilized egg. In such situations, one can often observe scanty periods and infertility.
Ovulation is an important factor
Ovulation - the release of a mature egg from the follicle. Ideally, this process takes place in the middle of a cycle. But in practice, you have to face another - ovulation on 3, 7, 18, 21 and other days. The only fact remains indisputable: if there is no release of an egg, then conception cannot occur. That is why anyone planning a pregnancy is advised to monitor their ovulation. This can be done in several ways. These include:
- The most informative is the definition of ovulation using ultrasound. But this requires regular check-ups with a specialist. It makes sense to do this if you suspect some kind of pathology and to convince you of the absence / presence of ovulation.
- A common and simple method is to build a graph of basal temperature. Moreover, it is possible not only to calculate ovulation, but also to evaluate the hormonal profile of a woman. A graph of basal temperature is of great diagnostic importance when examining a couple with infertility.
- Ovulation tests. Modern pharmaceutical industry has long since released entire systems, single and reusable, to determine the estimated time of release of the egg from the follicle. The method of their implementation is simple, similar to the principles of conventional pregnancy tests.
- Also, ovulation can be approximately determined by the general well-being of a woman, by changes in cervical mucus, etc. But these methods are very approximate and have value only in combination with others.
We recommend reading the article on the onset of ovulation. From it you will learn about the maturation of the egg in the body of a woman, the beginning of ovulation and its duration, characteristic signs, as well as methods for determining days favorable for conception.
There is a large number of misconceptions about problems with conception and menstruation in a woman. For example, many believe that regular periods during infertility can not be, there are always some deviations. However, this statement and many more similar ones are false. The most popular "myths" include the following:
- If on critical days a woman is bothered by pain, then she will have problems conceiving. In fact, pain is present in 60% of girls, the degree of which depends, among other things, on the individual threshold of sensitivity. Also, pain can be a sign of endometriosis. In this situation, infertility may indeed be present.
- Long cycle - obvious problems with conception. In this case, it all depends on the cause of the violation and the duration. If the menstrual cycle is slightly extended, often this does not cause problems with conception. In these situations, it is recommended to monitor ovulation more carefully.
- With infertility, menstruation is always abundant, irregular. Of course, this indicates problems, including in the hormonal profile of a woman. But directly with infertility is not associated.
- Ideal periods indicate the full health of women. But in fact, there are many reasons for infertility. A regular menstrual cycle speaks only about the ideal hormonal background, without in any way affecting, for example, the patency of the fallopian tubes, etc.
- Many do not know whether there are periods with infertility, and they think that such women do not have menstruation. Definitely, in their absence, there can be no talk about pregnancy. But not always with infertility is the pathology of menstruation.
The real causes of infertility
The established opinion that the cause of infertility always lies in a woman is not relevant today. According to statistics, in the overall structure, this burden is almost equally divided among men and women. That is why for problems with conception, it is necessary to be examined both.
It is after this time that one should immediately seek medical help in order not to miss the period when it is still possible to use various modern reproductive technologies.
The basis of male infertility are the following reasons:
- Pathology of seminal fluid. This includes an insufficient number of sperm, a large number of abnormal forms, inferior, and their complete absence in the ejaculate with apparently normal sperm.
- Violation of the mobility of male germ cells: from insignificant to complete lack of activity of sperm.
- The presence of obstacles to the promotion of sperm along the vas deferens.
To detect a problem, it is enough to pass the seminal fluid for analysis. Spermogram will give an idea of the involvement of men to infertility in a pair.
Numerous diseases can lead to the pathology of the qualitative and quantitative composition of sperm. The most common are:
- genetic ailments
- genital infections
- previous diseases, for example, parotitis and others,
- genital trauma,
- hormonal disorders,
- medication and others.
Finally determine the cause and, possibly, eliminate it, can only a doctor.
The structure of female infertility is more diverse. Therefore, the examination of girls is longer, sometimes even with the use of operational methods. The following pathologies lead to the main problems with conception:
- Tubal infertility. This is the most common cause of lack of pregnancy. Do menstruation with infertility of this type? Yes, and often the girl does not notice any pathological symptoms, and sometimes even postponed genital infections. In such situations, inflammation most often occurs asymptomatic. And the problem later arises in obstruction of the fallopian tubes.
- Endocrine sterility. This includes all diseases that directly or indirectly disrupt the ovulation process. This is polycystic, pathology of the thyroid gland and adrenal glands, metabolic syndrome and others.
- Endometriosis. By itself, it does not cause infertility, dangerous complications of this pathology. Most often, endometriosis leads to a violation of the patency of the fallopian tubes, the inferiority of the endometrium, etc. In these situations, painful periods and infertility are often combined.
- Early ovarian depletion, which leads to menopause at 35 - 40 years. Часто такое можно наблюдать после различных операций, например, по поводу кисты или эндометриоза.
- Иммунологическое бесплодие обусловлено образованием в цервикальной слизи женщины особых антител, которые разрушают или обездвиживают сперматозоиды. As a result, they can not penetrate to the egg.
- Genetic infertility in violation of the normal chromosome set in a girl.
- Also, various abnormalities of the genital organs can cause the inability to become pregnant.
There is idiopathic infertility, in which, with a full examination, neither the man nor the woman reveals any obvious reasons. In the overall structure of the pathology, such cases occur in 10% of couples with conception problems.
Despite the fact that the monthly reflect the state of the reproductive function of the body of a woman, not always by their nature and cyclicality can be judged on the possibility of independent pregnancy. Whether menstruation causes pain during infertility, irregularity or something else in a specific situation can only be answered by a gynecologist after a full examination of the woman. If you have problems with conception, you should not wait for a “miracle” for many years. Especially for a woman every year is invaluable, so you should seek medical help with the very first questions. Only in this way will it be possible to take advantage of all the possibilities of modern medicine and experience the joy of motherhood.
What is infertility?
This diagnosis is made when, with regular intimate life throughout the year, pregnancy does not occur. The term is approximate and may increase.
There are many reasons for such a violation and most of them are related to hormonal imbalances, which are manifested by failures of the menstrual cycle, irregular, painful periods or their complete absence.
Conception occurs with the participation of two germ cells: the egg and sperm. The egg cell is formed in the ovaries. At its incomplete maturation or abstinence from the ovary, fertilization does not occur.
There are different forms and types of infertility. But many are interested in how to learn about infertility by the nature of the menstrual cycle. Does it mean that if the monthly go not every month, then this indicates that you can not get pregnant?
The signs of infertility are as follows:
- late menstruation (later than 16 years),
- excessive leanness, which led to strict diets,
- pathology of the structure of reproductive organs,
- ovarian dysfunction,
- hypoplasia of the uterus,
- scanty periods that last less than 3 days,
- cycle longer than 40 days
- irregular menstrual cycle.
For any violations of the cycle, you must go to the doctor, especially if your period does not begin at all for a long time.
What if the monthly does not go?
First you need to find out the cause. If this is due to menopause, then nothing will be done. You can get pregnant only with IVF.
With early menopause, stimulation of the ovaries with artificial hormones can help, but only with timely admission to the hospital.
With an increase in prolactin in the blood can not do without hormonal drugs. Bromocriptine and Dostinex will help.
If there are tumors of the thyroid gland or congenital abnormalities of the genitals, only surgery will help.
Infertility in violation of the menstrual cycle
Not all girls have menstrual periods for infertility, because the reproductive system continues to function even when it is impossible to fertilize, so every month, in the absence of pregnancy, menstruation begins.
The natural menstrual cycle lasts from 21 to 35 days.
Most girls who cannot have children have problems with irregular menstrual cycles. They often have delays of menstruation, the cycle is unstable, it can last less than 21 days or more than 40 days. In this case, the probability of conceiving a child is significantly reduced, because ovulation occurs rarely or not at all.
Causes of irregular menstrual cycle:
- Diseases of the thyroid gland. Diseases of this organ lead to a deficiency or excess of hormones. As a result, the functioning of the ovaries is disrupted and ovulation is absent. The most common cause of infertility is a disease such as hypothyroidism.
- Hormonal disorders. When deviations from the norm of hormones of maturation and release of the egg does not occur, which leads to a lack of ovulation. Luteinizing hormone and progesterone affect the maturation of the follicle.
- Polycystic ovary. Cyst forms in the organ. These formations are visible on ultrasound.
Long-term (over 7 days), heavy and painful periods may indicate infertility. The cause may be fibroids or uterine fibroids, polyps and endometriosis. These diseases lead to heavy bleeding, and getting pregnant is almost impossible.
Myoma is a benign tumor of the uterus. At first, women are offered to undergo a course of hormonal therapy, and if the medication is ineffective, an operation is performed to remove the uterus.
With endometriosis, the endometrium grows in the uterus, which leads to infertility and obstruction of the fallopian tubes.
A woman must do an ultrasound of the uterus, if necessary - laparoscopy.
As you can see, not only the absence, but also abundant menstruation lead to infertility.
Infertility is said when ovulation does not occur at all. If it does not occur regularly, then you can become pregnant, and other reasons influence the absence of conception. For any disorders of the menstrual cycle, you should contact your gynecologist and get tested, especially if you are not able to get pregnant for a long period.
On the role of menstruation
We must pay attention to the regularity of the cycle. If there are problems, it can signal possible problems with conception. Watch how the menstruation passes (there is pain). With infertility, there are periods, but this is not an indication of the absence of the disease.
Do menstruation with infertility, give an explanation gynecologists. Menstruation is one of the stages of the menstrual cycle, at which rejection of the inner layer of the uterus occurs, accompanied by bleeding. They occur only in the event that conception does not occur. The inner layer of the uterus (endometrium) is detached and goes out, blood vessels open in the uterus, at this stage there is a release. Since the beginning of menstruation, a new menstrual cycle is being read, which should be regular.
With various disorders in the body may fail cycles. They lead to problems with conception. However, infertile women also go through periods.
At the moment when menstruation begins, the body begins to prepare for the next phase of the cycle, and the egg cell begins to mature in the ovaries for future fertilization. Then ovulation occurs. If during ovulation the conception did not occur, then the organism prepares for the menstruation stage, the endometrium begins to exfoliate again, and everything happens according to the same pattern.
Monthly can be in infertile women
Monthly in infertile
And when infertility are monthly. Regular menstruation may be in girls or women, for some reason unable to conceive. Monthly can go, but the problem is how they flow, whether there are any deviations. Their presence indicates that there is no malfunction in the body, but it is necessary to take into account the fact of ovulation. One of the causes of infertility is a violation of the menstrual cycle. In the case when the monthly do not go for several months, we can talk about amenorrhea.
An imbalance of hormones (an excess of the hormone estrogen and progesterone deficiency) is another cause of infertility. Menstruation with infertility may be present, the reason for the inability to conceive may be different.
By the period of puberty, a certain number of mature eggs remain in the ovaries, the main mission of which is the formation of a new organism. Every month during the menstruation in the body becomes one egg smaller.
Ovulation is the release of a ripe egg from the ovary. This phenomenon usually occurs 14 days before the onset of menstruation. This day is the most favorable for conception.
During ovulation, a ripe follicle bursts in the ovary and the egg cell comes out. Within 24 hours from this time pregnancy is possible.
If this does not happen, menstruation occurs. Impossible to conceive in the absence of an ovulation period. During it, the discharge becomes more liquid, transparent and slippery, in appearance resemble egg white. No ovulation is possible for no more than 3 months, all other options are abnormal. Monthly possible even within the deviation.
Infertility is considered to be the absence of pregnancy throughout the year. Most pregnancies in young couples occur within 3 months of trying to have a baby. For more mature couples, the term is increased to one year.
There are two degrees of infertility: in nonpartum women (grade 1) and women who have given birth (grade 2). Main reasons:
- In case of infertility of the first degree: endocrine diseases acquired at birth, abnormal development of the female genital organs.
- In case of second degree infertility: impaired hormone levels, obstruction of the fallopian tubes, chronic stress, unhealthy diet, surgery, abortion, sexually transmitted infections, infection and inflammation of the reproductive system, ectopic pregnancy, sexual disorders.
There are other types of infertility:
- relative infertility, the cure of which is possible,
- absolute sterility, the cure of which is unreal,
- endocrine, caused by hormonal disorders,
- immune, in which a woman's body perceives sperm cells as a virus and produces antibodies,
- idiopathic, the nature of which can not be established during the examination.
The main causes of infertility
To prevent the development of possible infectious diseases, as well as inflammation of the reproductive organs, the girl needs to visit a gynecologist at least once a year.
A regular follow-up with a mammologist and endocrinologist is necessary. Should monitor the mode and quality of food.
One of the causes of infertility can be an excess or lack of weight. Smoking and drinking alcohol is detrimental to women's health.
The relationship of infertility and menstruation
To make it clear whether menstruation is associated with infertility, you need to understand what is monthly. This discharge (bloody), which are the result of rejection of the inner layer of the uterus. If the regulations came, it means that conception did not take place and a new cycle begins, so to speak, the cycle of waiting for a new conception.
During this period, the following occurs:
- Under the influence of estrogen increases the endometrium.
- In the ovary matures, located in the follicle, the egg.
- When the middle of the cycle comes, ovulation takes place.
- The endometrium is loosened - it is ready for the adoption of a fertilized egg.
And if fertilization has not happened - it all starts again. There is a well-established opinion that if an egg cell is unfertilized three times, this is already a pathology. So why not conceive? For this to happen, ovulation occurs. There is no ovulation for long months - infertility is assumed. Do you have menstruation?
Do monthly go?
Yes. When infertility can go menstruation, and regularly, without causing anxiety and suspicion that there is a problem. It turns out that menstruation with infertility is in no way connected. Blood indicates only that conception did not occur in a particular cycle. In medicine, there are cases of teenage pregnancy that occurred before the girl began her first periods.
Also, this question can be understood by the example of a nursing mother, who has no menstruation, but she may become pregnant. Also, women in the period of menopause, completely forgiven with the monthly problems, suddenly find themselves pregnant. Here you have the proof that menstruation can either be absent or go for infertility.
Therefore, if there is no ovulation, the body still performs its sequential functions, preparing for the process of maturation of the egg. That is, it is necessary to pay attention not to the presence or absence of critical days, but to ovulation. If women of reproductive age do not have ovulation for a long time, it is necessary to resort to reproductive technologies. Since after 35 years, the chance to become pregnant is sharply reduced.
Opinion of doctors
Why can't a girl become pregnant, if she feels good, does she have a regular menstrual cycle, and does not cause any concerns about the symptoms of menstruation? In some cases, doctors can give the exact answer. In others - just shrug. Experts agree that the main cause of infertility is an imbalance of hormones. And this imbalance between estrogen and progesterone can occur for the following reasons:
- physical exercise,
- excess weight,
- exhausting diets
- other stressful causes.
To minimize the burden on the body from such conditions is to the woman herself. And the very first thing a doctor will try to do is to align the regular menstrual cycle.
Cycle violations can be:
- Pathological - they are associated with previous diseases, including viral and catarrhal diseases, with increased body temperature.
- Drug - this is the use of those or other medical drugs, stopping some of the state to which their action is directed, and having a very different effect on the body's predisposition to conceive.
The lack of regular monthly or alarming characteristics of a non-steady cycle should disturb a girl or young woman in the first year of menstruation. It is necessary to eliminate the problem of infertility as early as possible, without waiting for the alarming numbers of the age when the reproductive functions are extinguished. Contact the experts for help, they will take the situation under observation and help to achieve the desired result. As we see, regularly coming critical days are also no salvation from infertility. Only a qualified doctor will help you in this matter.
The relationship of menstruation and infertility
The mechanism of the origin of human life is simple, but also cunning. Hypothetically, a woman is capable of conceiving every month, which is indicated by menstruation.
Normally, menstruation is a periodic, cyclically repetitive phenomenon. And it is this cyclical gives you the opportunity to get pregnant.
Approximately on the 14th day from the beginning of menstruation, the egg cell is ready for conception, and it retains this readiness for about a day, slowly moving to the uterine cavity along one of the fallopian tubes. If fertilization occurs, after a week or a little longer, the embryo is implanted in the uterus, and the pregnancy begins to progress.
But if conception does not happen, the egg cell and the unfit epithelium from the uterus will come out with menstrual secretions. Are there any periods with infertility?
Infertility due to obstruction of the fallopian tubes
Yes, if infertility is caused by such problems as:
In these cases, the uterus prepares monthly for a possible pregnancy, but the egg either does not mature or is not fertilized, but the epithelium leaves the uterine cavity.
Cycle disorders are a common cause of infertility. In some cases, the monthly may be absent for quite a few cycles. This phenomenon is called amenorrhea.
At the same time, amenorrhea is not a diagnosis, but only a symptom of a failure in the reproductive female system - anatomical, genetic, biochemical, or physiological.
With amenorrhea, there is no ovulation, and, therefore, conception is impossible!
Oligomenorrhea, as one of the violations of the menstrual cycle
There are other types of menstrual disorders:
- oligomenorrhea - rare and rather scanty monthly periods, the interval between which exceeds 35 days,
- dysmenorrhea - irregular, cyclical menses,
- menorrhagia - a discharge that is unusual in abundance and up to bleeding,
- polymenorrhea - menstruation, which come often, the interval between them - no more than 25 days.
Menstruation may "get off" slightly or come "day to day", but accompanied by pain in the abdomen, in the lumbar region, and the woman’s well-being is assessed as unsatisfactory.
In this case, gynecologists use the term "algomenorrhea." With this symptom, serious diseases often entail infertility are often diagnosed.
Inability to conceive can be caused by endometriosis, infectious diseases, etc.
An imbalance of hormones (an excess of the hormone estrogen and progesterone deficiency) is another cause of infertility, while menstruation can be regular.
Whether there are periods with infertility or are absent depends on the reason for the inability to conceive.
A specialist can accurately diagnose reproductive problems, and the regularity of the menstrual cycle is not the only indicator on which the doctor will rely when prescribing an examination or treatment.
Some patients, having come to an appointment with a gynecologist, ask him the question: “Can there be infertility with regular periods?”.
For conception, it is necessary that ovulation occurs (the process of leaving a ripe egg from the ovary). In some women, it is absent, while the endometrium in the uterus is growing. In this case, there will be a monthly rejection of the endometrium. Such a process would entail exposing the blood vessels and bleeding. This will be monthly. После их окончания матка быстро восстановится и будет вновь подготавливаться к циклическим изменениям. Зачатие в этом случае невозможно.
Такая картина наблюдается примерно у 3% бесплодных женщин. Чтобы исключить бесплодие в данном случае нужно воспользоваться домашним тестом на овуляцию. However, do not worry if it will be absent. Each woman has 2 anovulatory cycles per year. This is the absolute norm. Thus, the body makes a small respite.
It should be said that in patients older than 35 years, the number of such cycles increases and, accordingly, the probability of conception decreases.
Infertility can be suspected not only by the regularity of the cycle, but also by the nature of the discharge. When pathological processes in the body, they become unusual.
The most common patients are faced with such disorders:
- Estrogen deficiency and, as a result, incomplete maturation of the egg. This is the most common cause of infertility. The monthly cycle at the same time can be either excessively short or too long. However, in any case, the selection with estrogen deficiency is always weak, have a brown tint. The duration of menstruation while not exceeding 3 days.
- Are there any periods with infertility if there is excess estrogen in the body? There are. In this case, ovulation in women occurs, but hormonal imbalance provokes the development of other gynecological problems (for example, uterine fibroids). Because the patient has too much estrogen, too large a layer of the endometrium is growing, so the uterus is hard to reject. When this finally happens, the patient begins to bleed heavily. In this case, the periods last more than 7 days and are accompanied by discomfort in the lower back and lower abdomen.
- Polycystic. In infertile women, menstruation in this case is absolutely irregular. They can always come prematurely or linger for several days and sometimes weeks. Moreover, this happens after the patient has had a regular cycle for a period. In the most advanced cases, menstruation completely disappears. These patients often have acne, suffer from hirsutism.
- Lack of progesterone. Monthly in this case will be delayed for some time. Sometimes the cycle remains regular, but its length increases to 29-35 days. If conception did occur, a miscarriage may occur in women with progesterone deficiency at an early period (sometimes this happens even before the moment when the pregnancy is detected).
- Increased prolactin levels. The woman is constantly changing the length of the cycle and the intensity of the menstrual flow. In some cases, after this comes amenorrhea (a state in which there are no menstrual periods for several cycles). It is worth noting that in some cases, changes in the menstrual cycle can be considered a variant of the norm. For example, if the same periods were with the mother and / or grandmother of the woman, but at the same time they conceived normally and gave birth to a child. The menstrual cycle of girls almost always repeats the monthly cycle of mothers. In this case, medical intervention is not required.
- Based on this, we can say that the monthly with infertility can be different. However, in any case, the main pathology should be treated. This is the only way to increase the likelihood of conception.
Algomenorrhea (painful periods) is a common problem among women. More than 60% of patients feel discomfort during this period. However, in some it is weak and imperceptible, while in others it is so strong that it makes it difficult to carry out everyday activities.
In the latter case, the cause of pain and infertility may be one disease.
Typically, this is:
- Endometriosis. In this disease, the organs in which the egg cells mature are affected, as a result of which the latter do not mature and are not fertilized. Even if conception occurs in this pathology, the patient will still have a miscarriage. In this case, menstrual periods are very rare with infertility. At the same time, the excretions themselves are abundant. During the bleeding period, the patient feels dizzy, weak and pains in the lower abdomen. This situation is repeated from time to time. In advanced cases, the patient may experience intermenstrual bleeding.
- Endometritis. The inflammatory process in some cases is not accompanied by any symptoms. It is only during menstruation that a woman in the lower abdomen may experience nagging pain.
- The special structure of the genital organs, in which the outflow of menstrual blood is disturbed.
- Adhesive disease. The formation of adhesions can begin with an inflammatory lesion of the pelvic organs, which is not treated for a long time. During menstruation, the patient feels severe pain and fever. In severe cases, pathology provokes a violation of defecation and urination.
It is worth saying that discomfort in the lower abdomen and in the lower back is not only with infertility. “Are there any periods? How regularly do they go? What kind of character have a discharge? ”- all this plays an important role.
Sometimes it happens that the patient has a regular menstrual cycle and she is infertile, but at some point she has a delay.
The most common reason for this is hormonal failure.
In more rare cases, it occurs as a result of:
- severe stress
- hard physical work
- recruitment or weight loss,
- use of some strong medication,
- infectious diseases.
If a woman has no monthly periods for a long period of time, she should immediately consult a doctor. Only he will be able to say for sure whether infertility in infertility in one way or another, what they should be and how to solve the problem.
So, if the delay is associated with menopause, it is not possible to conceive a child in a natural way. Help in this case can only IVF procedure.
However, if the patient has started an early menopause, she will be prescribed hormonal stimulation of the ovaries. With a high prolactin level, a specialist is more likely to prescribe Bromocriptine or Dostinex.
In the presence of tumors of the endocrine organs, surgery can help, etc.
It is important to say that it is extremely difficult for patients who have never had a month or have been absent for more than a year to cure infertility. For this reason, it is not recommended to delay treatment.
What is this pathology
To understand how menstruation goes when there is no opportunity to become pregnant, it is necessary to first find out the pathogenesis of the disease in women, and what the diagnosis is.
Infertility is the impossibility of a woman to conceive, endure and have a baby in the future. The pathogenesis of this diagnosis may be different:
- hormonal disorders,
- physical features: removal, congenital anomalies,
- the result of complications after infection
- frequent curettage, abortion, ectopic fetal localization.
How is the menstrual cycle
The relationship between the regular menstrual cycle and the possibility of fertilization is indirect. In particular, to say that menstruation and their unstable manifestation is a consequence of infertility, it is impossible in such cases:
- surgical interventions were performed to remove part of the reproductive organs (uterus, ovaries, tubes),
- undertreated infectious diseases led to obstruction of the tubes,
endometriosis and chronic diseases.
In such situations, the absence of menstruation is the result, a natural and logical extension, and not the reason for not being able to get pregnant.
When fertilization is impossible due to the lack of monthly excretions (the egg does not mature, the endometrium does not grow and does not exfoliate), then in such a situation it is important to pay attention to the reason for such manifestation.
As a rule, menstruation does not occur with hormonal dysfunctions. In all other cases and variants of the absence of the onset of pregnancy, menstruation occurs regularly, and their course is not accompanied by special symptoms and painful manifestations.
Are there any glitches and delays
When the reason for the lack of fertilization is not hormonal disorders and amenorrhea (the absence of menstruation for some time or their unstable periodicity), the menstrual periods, as usual, with the same periodicity, without symptomatic deviations.
Amenorrhea, which manifests itself in the form of irregular bleeding with an unstable volume, is a manifestation, the result of a different disease. Depending on the degree of amenorrhea and the age of the woman, menstruation is absent for 6-9 consecutive months.
No menstruation - does not occur the selection and maturation of the egg, as a result - a woman can not conceive. But, the lack of monthly discharge is not the cause, but the consequence of pathology, which provokes the impossibility of becoming pregnant.