Candidiasis is a common disease that occurs in people regardless of gender and age. Frequent urination with thrush may indicate infection of the urethra, bladder and other organs. Therefore, it is important not to start a fungal disease, but when the first symptoms appear, consult a doctor who will prescribe the optimal treatment in order to prevent dangerous complications.
Can there be frequent urination with thrush?
Thrush is a pathological condition of a fungal character that affects the vaginal mucosa. Disturbed acid balance leads to discomfort (burning sensation and itching, aggravated during urination, and others). Frequent urination is characteristic of cystitis, urethritis, and similar diseases. It is important to know that candidiasis that is not completely cured provokes complications that lead to frequent urination. Among the complications emit:
- cystitis (bladder thrush),
- thrush urinary tract.
The close relationship of cystitis and candidiasis
A common cause of cystitis in women is vaginal infections, which primarily include thrush. As a result, the close relationship between cystitis and candidiasis is highlighted. As a rule, simultaneous infection with cystitis and thrush is provoked jointly by a fungal and bacterial infection. Infection occurs after sexual contact, when the candida fungus penetrates the inside of the bladder or after prolonged use of antibacterial drugs. Manifestations of cystitis in candidiasis look like a normal inflammatory process. Patients report these symptoms:
- painful urination,
- feeling of pain over the pubis,
- frequent urination,
- burning sensation and itching in the genitals
- bleeding in urine (turbid urine).
Candida urethritis in women and men
Urethritis is a disease that often occurs in women and men. For such a disease is characterized by inflammation in the urethra. Urethritis develops against the background of bacterial, viral or fungal infection. Candida urethritis is a disease during which the urethra is affected by fungi of the genus Candida.
With the penetration of thrush inside the bladder or into the urethra, the symptoms of the pathological process increases. In this case, the patient notes:
- pain in the lower abdomen,
- repeated urination,
- constant sensation of itching and burning in the perineal zone,
- the appearance of abundant white discharge,
- sourish smell of urine and whiter.
Frequent urge to urinate during thrush in a woman is a reason to visit a gynecologist and a urologist. As a rule, to make the correct diagnosis, the doctor prescribes the following laboratory tests:
- blood test for venereal diseases and TORCH infections,
- general blood analysis,
- Analysis of urine,
- ultrasound diagnostics.
According to the results of such studies, the doctor is able to correctly determine the diagnosis and prescribe optimal therapeutic measures for a particular patient, taking into account the degree and severity of the pathological process. It is important to understand that self-diagnosis and self-treatment can aggravate the situation and cause dangerous consequences. Therefore, at the first symptoms, you should consult with your doctor.
Treatment of thrush with inflammatory process includes comprehensive measures. In case of candidal cystitis, the doctor prescribes antifungal drugs. The inflammatory process in the bladder requires the use of antibacterial agents, which is fraught with increased candidiasis. As a result, for the best result, the therapeutic course is adjusted by a gynecologist and a urologist. For the treatment of frequent urination helps traditional medicine:
- Salt baths.
- "Red boots". The procedure during which they propose to soar the legs until a red shade appears on them.
- Douching anti-inflammatory herbs (chamomile, calendula).
Traditional methods of treatment are effective in complex therapy.
The use of water procedures is prohibited at elevated body temperatures. It is important to understand that any popular method has its own contraindications. As a result, before applying such treatment, you should consult with your doctor, so as not to harm your own health and prevent the development of dangerous consequences.
Causes of disease
The following factors contribute to the development of urogenital candidiasis:
- congenital defects of blood-forming organs,
- reduced immunity
- diabetes, aids, oncology,
- viral diseases (hepatitis, influenza, acute respiratory infections, rubella, infectious mononucleosis, endemic parotitis),
- long-term use of antibiotics
- presence of intestinal or vaginal candidiasis,
- alcoholism, drug addiction,
- elderly age.
Often, thrush appears after instrumental diagnosis and treatment of urological diseases. Cystoscopy, cystography, removal of urine through a catheter - all these procedures contribute to the penetration of the fungus into the bladder.
REFERENCE: Infection resulting from the use of instrumental methods of diagnosis and treatment of urological diseases, called "hospital" or "nosocomial"
Urinary tract candidiasis does not occur by itself. In most cases, it is preceded by thrush of the vulva or intestines. At the same time, it is difficult for doctors to understand from which area the infection of the body began.
Ways of infection in the urinary system
The fungus of the genus Candida, which contributes to the appearance and development of candidiasis of the urinary system, enters the human body either upstream, through the vulva, or downward pathway, from the digestive tract.
With the development of the disease along the ascending pathway, the fungus enters the urinary system through the external genital organs infected with thrush, or during catheterization of the bladder with the help of a contaminated catheter. Fungi, penetrating into the urinary system, leads to inflammation of the mucous membrane of the bladder, with all the ensuing consequences.
If a human skin, mucous membrane of the mouth, stomach or other organs and tissues are affected by the fungus, then sooner or later the infection will enter the bloodstream and spread throughout the body, including the bladder. This way of infection in the human excretory system is called descending.
Scientists have identified three stages of development of thrush urinary system:
- carrier state
- acute stage
- chronic stage.
For each stage of this disease is characterized by different symptoms.
Symptoms of bladder candidiasis at various stages of disease development
Candidiasis: general presentation
Candidiasis is a disease caused by the reproduction of fungi of the genus Candida. The pathological process is activated when the natural defense of the organism weakens. Thrush triggers include the following factors:
long-term use of antibiotics
- disruptions in hormonal balance:
- menstruation period
- regular douching
- previously experienced diseases caused by infections,
- long-term use of contraceptive drugs
- swimming pool
- swimming in ponds,
- putting on wet underwear.
The thrush is divided into a superficial and systemic form. In the first case, the skin, mucous membranes, nails are affected, and in the second, a combined effect with the involvement of internal organs is observed. Description of types of candidiasis is given in the table:
Candidiasis in newborns is manifested due to primary infection during fetal development or at the time of passage through the birth canal. White plaque spreads predominantly through the oral mucosa. The child feels soreness of the affected areas, which is manifested by loss of appetite, shouting and crying.
Frequent urination and thrush: is there a connection
Frequent urination with thrush in women and men is characteristic of the urogenital form of the disease. First, the patient begins to pull the lower abdomen, appear cheesy discharge and other signs of candidiasis. Then there is a transition of pathogenic microflora in the urethra and / or bladder, due to the location of the genital organs.
As a result, secondary diseases develop:
It is necessary to contact a doctor if the urge to use the toilet occurs during the day and at night more than 6 times a day for 3 or more days. It will be necessary to act immediately when a burning sensation, cracking, blood, pus and other unpleasant symptoms appear at the time of urination. The urologist is engaged in the treatment of diseases of the urogenital system. Narrower specialists are divided by gender. Women should consult a gynecologist, and men - with andrologist.
Candida cystitis and its symptoms
The transition of pathogens into the bladder takes several weeks. The rate of spread of infection depends on the individual characteristics.
The outcome of the further development of the pathological process is candidal cystitis, manifested by a pronounced clinical picture:
- feeling of pain at the end of the process of urination
turbidity of urine,
- the appearance of false urges to the toilet,
- urinary incontinence,
- the appearance of unpleasant sensations in the suprapubic region,
- frequent urination.
Signs of Candida Urethritis
Candida urethritis develops within 1-2 weeks from the moment of the start of active reproduction of fungi. The clinical picture of the disease depends on gender. In men, the inflammation of the urethra is extremely pronounced, and in women it is weak. The following signs of urethritis on the background of thrush can help orient oneself:
- Symptoms in the female:
- The secretion of mucus from the urethra, accompanied by a sour smell.
- The appearance of itching and burning in the genital area.
- Sensation of pain during intercourse.
- The aggravation of the clinical picture of candidiasis.
- The emergence of cramps at the end of urination.
- The appearance of pulling and aching pain in the lower abdomen.
- Delay of menstruation.
- Signs in the male:
- The appearance of an itch.
- Discharge of mucus from the urethra with a sour odor.
- Swelling and redness of the glans penis.
Highlight urine with a green, red or deep yellow tint.
- Cutting pain near the end of urination.
- Aching sensation in the lower abdomen.
- Plaque on the head of the penis.
- Discomfort during sex.
- The appearance of false urges to the toilet.
- Increased urination.
In men, the symptoms of urethritis are more pronounced than in women. As the pathological process progresses, the discomfort may increase or decrease. Independent disappearance of discomfort usually indicates the transition of the disease to the chronic form.
Thrush occurs in almost all women of different ages for one reason or another. Sometimes ladies deal with it safely at home. But with increased symptoms of candidiasis, significant problems with urination, you should seek help from a specialist.
The main symptoms of bladder problems
- frequent urination,
- pain, pain during, at the end of urination,
- discoloration, consistency of urine.
Pathology can be cured under the supervision of a qualified specialist. Efforts direct to eliminate painful symptoms, causes, the elimination of provocateurs, strengthening the immune system.
- To eliminate the fungus prescribed drugs in tablets - Fluconazole, Nystatin, Pimafucin, Fucis, Clotrimazole. Means purposefully act on the fungi of the genus Candida. At the same time eliminate the symptoms of thrush, urethritis, cystitis, stop the pathological process.
- Additionally, you should take vitamins for attaching immunity, probiotics in order to avoid problems with the intestines. To increase the body's defenses take Immunity. The drug is based on 25 herbs, vitamins.
- To eliminate thrush prescribed drugs in the form of candles. Women insert the drug at night for 10 days or once. For the treatment of complex thrush enough 1 suppository drug Zalain.
- Additionally allowed to use traditional medicine. Washing, douching with a solution of soda with salt, chamomile, calendula decoction. Lubrication of the inner walls of the vagina with sea buckthorn oil, olive oil with the addition of tea tree oil.
To achieve a quick positive result, you must follow a diet. Products can stop the growth of pathogens, or provoke reproduction.
- It is necessary to abandon the products that cause fermentation, bloating - alcohol, beer, kvass, carbonated drinks, seasonings, fried, fatty, spicy dishes. And also sweets, coffee, chocolate.
- It is recommended to eat cereals, vegetables, fruits. Sour-milk products such as yogurt, kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese, and ryazhenka should be included in the daily ration.
Watch for intimate hygiene. At the time of therapy to exclude sexual contact.
In order to avoid thrush and its complications, it is necessary to pay due attention to your body, to prevent a decrease in immunity, to help in every way to recover from past illnesses.
- strengthen the immune system
- eat right,
- prevent excess weight
- take medications prescribed by a doctor with the simultaneous prevention of intestinal dysbiosis,
- monitor personal hygiene,
- prevent chronic diseases
- avoid wearing synthetic underwear
- do not supercool
- carefully choose your sexual partner.
At the first sign of thrush should visit a gynecologist. The disease is well treated in the initial stages, requires special efforts, financial costs in a chronic, complicated form.
Relationship of thrush and frequent urination
Fungal pathogens of thrush can be a long time in the vagina of a woman. When immunity is weakened, spores begin their reproduction. The anatomical proximity of the reproductive system to the urinary allows the pathogenic flora to pass into the ureter. For the emergence of the disease requires conditions that contribute to the development of the disease, weaken the protective properties of the body.
Characteristic factors that weaken the immune system:
- Self-administration of antibiotics.
- Sex without security measures, promiscuity in sexual partners.
- Violation in the admission of contraceptives.
- Stressful, emotional situations.
- Tight underwear.
- Supercooling of the body.
The disease develops when personal hygiene rules are not followed and alcohol is abused. The rhythm of life plays an important role in the disease process.
Thrush combined with cystitis, this conglomerate is called candidal urethritis. If untimely measures are taken, thrush is complicated by kidney damage. Frequent urination is a symptom of the disease.
Getting into the urethra, thrush develops, causing anxiety. Discomfort in the life of a woman are frequent visits to the toilet. Failure to take action at the initial stage can lead to complications.
In the initial stages, women cope on their own, with complications, you should consult a doctor. The main causes of the disease will be:
- Disturbance of bacterial balance in the vagina.
- Supercooling of the body.
- Inappropriate underwear.
- Traumatic factors of the vaginal mucosa.
- Poor personal and intimate hygiene.
- Infection through sex.
- Diabetes and pregnancy.
Under the supervision of a specialist it is easy to get rid of the disease. The cause of thrush is cystitis and urethritis. These diseases, caused by infection in combination with a fungal disease, can cause a complication.
When it is treated with antibiotics, the immune system weakens and a favorable environment for candidiasis appears. This is due to the elimination of the beneficial microflora of the vagina.
Frequent urination treatment
To get rid of thrush use complex methods of treatment. Antibiotics are prescribed to get rid of inflammation, and antifungal measures are taken to normalize microflora.
The doctor prescribes procedures from therapeutic measures relating to folk remedies. Perhaps the use of salt baths, which take to sleep in the evening and strictly on the dosage.
At elevated temperatures, taking baths is contraindicated. Apply douching of chamomile decoction. Treatment with alkalis is possible, but you can not overdo it in the use of a chemical component.
Vaginal microflora contains a certain balance. It is necessary to exclude from the diet foods that cause fermentation in the stomach, bloating, alcoholic beverages. You can eat vegetables and fruits, cereals and dairy foods. To observe intimate hygiene, to exclude a sexual life.
Causes of frequent urination
The question that is asked by the majority of patients in urologists is the question of the connection between thrush and frequent urination. The multiple urge to go to the toilet is not so much caused by the disease, but rather its consequence. The fact is that fungi of the genus Candida, which cause the development of the disease against a background of reduced immunity, provoke a violation of the acid balance. As a result, there is burning and itching, there is a bladder urethritis.
A weakened body loses its ability to resist various infections. This causes thrush in women. The disease is caused due to the long-term use of antibacterial drugs that destroy both harmful and beneficial microflora in the body.
Candidiasis is transmitted during intercourse. This means that lack of protection can also cause the development of thrush and, consequently, increased urination. Since the first stages of the disease are asymptomatic, the probability of infection of the sexual partner is greatly increased.
Treatment and Prevention
Treatment of frequent urination is impossible without eliminating the cause. This means that the first thing to do is eliminate the underlying disease - thrush. The course of treatment must be completed not only by the woman, but also by her sexual partner. Otherwise, therapy may be ineffective.
If the burning sensation during urination is accompanied by inflammation, then therapy should be accompanied by the use of antibiotics - antibiotics. After 5-7 days, pain during urination will pass. Treatment is faster, if at this time to exclude from the diet of sharp, fatty and fried foods.
If burning after urination becomes a psychological problem, then therapy should be accompanied by the use of sedatives and antidepressants. A large amount of liquid will become useful too - at least 2 liters of water during the day. The use of alcoholic beverages during this period should be limited or completely eliminated.
Helps relieve urination with thrush methods of traditional medicine. A very effective measure such as the use of oak bark decoction for douching. For 500 milliliters of clean drinking water, you will need 2 tablespoons of crushed bark. Boil the broth should be half an hour. Manipulations should be carried out within one week, then take a break.
Measures aimed at preventing the development of thrush and unpleasant sensations in the urethra are fairly simple and effective. It is necessary to carefully observe personal hygiene and avoid strong hypothermia of the body. Shower or bath should occur at least once a day, and the change of gaskets and tampons during menstruation - at least once every 4 hours.
It is important that the burning sensation in thrush can be caused by external factors, such as improper laundry. Things must be made from natural fabrics. Itching and burning during urination will not disturb, if the underwear is free, not very tight.
If signs of thrush appear, you should contact the specialists, but you can and should take some measures yourself. By adjusting the lifestyle, eliminating bad habits and having been treated by a doctor, you will get rid of thrush and discomfort in the form of itching, burning and frequent urination.
What is cystitis?
Cystitis is a disease in which inflammation of the inner lining and bladder wall develops. Short urethra is the main cause of the inflammatory process. Improper nutrition, constant hypothermia - all this, one way or another, accompanies each woman and reduces the reactivity of protecting her immune system. As a result, infectious agents into the bladder (bacteria or upper respiratory tract or from any organ, as well as direct infection using other people's personal hygiene products can be transferred through the bloodstream or through the lymphatic vascular system), where local immunity has already been pre-effected, and cause the development of cystitis.
Manifestation of cystitis
Cystitis can manifest itself differently in each person. Manifestations depend on the state of the body and the degree of functioning of the immune system. However, the following symptoms are characteristic of the acute phase of the disease:
- Sharp cutting pains in the lower part of the abdominal region.
- Pulling pains at the bottom of the abdominal wall at urge to urinate.
- Frequent urination (more than 7-8 times a day).
- Increased urination at night (more than 2 times).
- Excretion of a small amount of fluid during urination.
- Muddy urine brownish color.
- Pain in the nadlone area.
- Excretion 1-2 drops of blood after urine excretion.
- The appearance of unusual discharge, which can be seen on the underwear.
- Unpleasant smell.
Not to notice such symptoms is quite difficult. If at least one of them appears, you should immediately consult a urologist. He will make a smear from the urethra and will also conduct an ultrasound diagnosis of the bladder and will be able to confirm the diagnosis of cystitis.
In women, fungi of the genus Candida cause thrush. Therefore, this disease is also called candidiasis. Pathological flora in the form of fungi for a long time can exist in the vagina without causing disease. Own microflora of the vagina suppresses pathological fungi. At the same time, with a decrease in the activity of the microflora or in the period of a decrease in the activity of the immune system, the fungi begin to multiply, suppressing the normal microflora, and cause the development of thrush.
The reasons for the decrease in immunity can be:
- Violation of personal hygiene.
- The number of sexual partners more than 5 in a lifetime.
- Acquired or congenital immunodeficiency states.
- Insufficient amount of vitamins and microelements entering the body.
Every woman can notice thrush if she pays attention to the following symptoms:
- Unpleasant smell that comes from the labia and vagina.
- Itching in the perineum and vagina.
- Burning sensation in the vagina.
- Unusual discharge of white color from the vagina, which remain on the underwear.
- Discomfort during intercourse.
- Whitish discharge that is noticeable on the penis of the partner after intercourse.
- Discomfort and pain in the lower abdominal region.
- Pain or discomfort in the vagina during urination.
- Increased burning sensation while performing hygiene procedures.
In order to diagnose thrush, a gynecologist must take a smear on the microflora from the vagina and find Candida mushrooms in it. The diagnosis is established in the presence of pathological fungi in the smear, as well as the accompanying clinical picture.
Some differences between the two diseases
Despite the different localization of the two diseases, they can be confused.
You can distinguish diseases among themselves, knowing the following features:
Thanks to these various symptoms, cystitis can be distinguished from thrush. However, clinical manifestations are not always pronounced. Therefore, an accurate diagnosis, capable of a urologist or gynecologist. So, a positive smear from the vagina will be evidence in favor of thrush. A positive urine culture on a special medium, a smear from the urethra, as well as an ultrasound diagnosis of the bladder will be in favor of cystitis.
The development of one disease against another
The need for differential diagnosis of one disease with another is especially necessary when cystitis occurs in thrush or thrush develops on the background of cystitis. Treatment methods for the two diseases will be different. To get rid of them, it is necessary to diagnose the disease on time and quickly begin treatment.
Cystitis in thrush can be suspected when the following symptoms appear:
- Increased pain or discomfort during intercourse.
- The appearance of liquid brownish discharge in underwear in the absence of vaginal discharge.
- The appearance of purulent discharge from the urethra.
- Increased body temperature.
- Burning sensation in the urethra.
- The appearance of pain over the pubic bone.
- The appearance of frequent urination.
- Excretion of 1-3 drops of blood after excretion of urine.
- The appearance or increase in pain during urination.
These manifestations indicate the presence of inflammation, both the urethra and the bladder. To confirm the pathology, it is necessary to record a consultation with a urologist and undergo the necessary diagnostics.
Cystitis in thrush appears in women of any age. Similarly, thrush can occur on the background of cystitis. If cystitis has already been diagnosed, it is possible to suspect the appearance of thrush with the following symptoms:
- The appearance of white discharge thick consistency of the vagina (discharge may be similar to cottage cheese or flakes).
- Persistent discomfort or pain during intercourse.
- The appearance of burning sensation in the vagina.
- The presence of itching in the vagina, which increases during intercourse, or during the implementation of hygiene procedures.
- The appearance of discomfort in the vagina during each urination.
- The appearance of an unusual smell from the vagina.
- Unpleasant smell from white discharge.
All of the above symptoms indicate the development of thrush during cystitis. To confirm the pathology, you must visit a qualified gynecologist. He must swab out the vagina and isolate the Candida mushroom culture from there.
Manifestations of thrush and cystitis in men
Men are not diagnosed with thrush. A disease in men that appears due to Candida fungi is called candidiasis. Most often in men, candidiasis of the penis occurs. At the same time, the head, the adjacent tissues, and the urethra are involved in the pathological process. Manifestations of candidiasis in men are similar to those of thrush. The main symptoms are:
- Abnormal white discharge that resembles curd or flakes.
- Redness and increase in head size.
- Severe pain during intercourse.
- Acute pain when trying to wear a condom.
- Pain and discomfort during urination and ejaculation.
- Discomfort when performing hygiene procedures.
Cystitis in men appears in the same way as women. Differentiate both diseases in men is a little more difficult, since the urethra opens precisely at the head of the penis. A professional urologist-andrologist can distinguish two diseases. Diagnosis is especially difficult with the development of cystitis and candidiasis at the same time. In this case, the diagnosis is made taking into account the following points:
- The time of appearance of frequent urination.
- The presence or absence of white discharge from the head.
- The appearance of 1-2 drops of blood after urination.
Paying attention to these moments will help the doctor to understand whether cystitis developed against the background of candidiasis, or candidiasis against the background of cystitis. A significant role is also played by a urogenital smear and urine culture. Detection of bacteria and fungi in a smear indicates the development of candidiasis. Bacteria in the urine can be from the bladder, as well as from the urethra. To confirm the diagnosis of cystitis, it is necessary to conduct an ultrasound examination of the walls and cavity of the bladder.
Diagnosis of cystitis and thrush is extremely important for prescribing the correct treatment. Treatment methods may vary for each disease. For this reason, it is necessary to know the leading symptoms of these diseases and to be able to distinguish them. It is also important to consult a professional doctor who will accurately diagnose and prescribe an effective treatment.
What causes thrush and how it is treated can be found below:
Thrush and cystitis: what is the difference?
The causative agent of the first disease belongs to the normal elements of the local microflora in both sexes. But, like many of his "comrades", the fungus of the genus Candida is harmless only with healthy general immunity and organic balance with other cultures that live on the skin of the genital organs.
These 2 factors restrain its growth. And in case of their violation, the pathogen, in health only “tracking” the maintenance of acidic (it is less favorable for third-party pathogens compared to alkaline) environment, begins to multiply rapidly. At the same time appear:
- relentless itching
- sour smell
- curd-like milk or curd discharge
- similar static skin / mucous plaque.
The outer shells under it are hyperemic, attempts to forcibly remove the “cottage cheese” open up the shallow erosion under its “lumps”. And cystitis is called inflammation of the bladder.
Normally, its cavity is sterile, even despite the urethra extending 1-1.5 cm from the reproductive system (together with its microflora). The main factor of its protection against pathogens "swarming" at the entrance is urine - saturated with hormones, bilirubin, nitrogenous bases and a number of other extremely unfavorable components for "living" in it. "Supports" the listed protective and sanitizing properties of its reverse current, washing out ready for distribution in the ascending microflora.
Cystitis occurs for reasons not always, but often similar to thrush, usually as its complication. In reverse order (thrush after cystitis) they are less common. It is characterized by a cutting pain at the end of urination, a burning sensation in the urethra, urges more often 8 times in 24 hours, the appearance of a turbid impurity and unpleasant smell in urine. Among the common roots for these pathologies, the most notable are:
- hypothermia of the genital area or legs above the knees,
- genital infections
- diabetes mellitus (impairs the capillary blood supply of all organs on an equal footing, from the eye retina and kidneys to the skin of the feet),
- receiving immunosuppressants
- herpes virus infection, especially genital or multiple strains,
- infection with papillomavirus (especially genital).
And the difference in the list of possible causes of thrush and cystitis is reduced to:
- antibiotics - in the bladder own cultures of bacteria are absent, because they do not cause its dysbiosis (unlike the genital organs). Plus, they sanitize the urinary tract because their metabolites or even taken means are excreted unchanged, mainly by the kidneys,
- rare urination due to renal failure, dehydration and other reasons that increase the chances of microflora to successfully climb the urethra during breaks,
- urinary stasis - permanently incomplete emptying, usually caused by adenoma / prostatitis (men only) and tumors of the urethra, the bladder itself or the rectum (in both sexes). Malignant lesions are accompanied by symptomatic atony / blockage often benign,
- urolithiasis - irritation of the walls of the organ and urethra by renal sand / stones.
How to identify the disease correctly?
Despite the similarity at the place of localization of symptoms and their causes, individual features acquired by the disease in each patient (many are unaware of their chronic cystitis, and acute candidiasis aggravations are not pronounced in all carriers of the fungus), there are still differences between them.
In women, they are more pronounced than in men - due to anatomical differences (the urethra and the vagina are not the same thing, but in men it also participates in ejaculation). But because of the shorter urethra, their cystitis is more common. Even cystitis caused by thrush can be determined by:
- cutting, pulling pains in the front, in the lower abdomen, in the suprapubic region,
- frequent urination (10 or more),
- purulent discharge from the urethra,
- turbid impurities in the urine.
In candidiasis, the urine remains transparent, and there is no more frequent urging. Its pathogen creates a whitish, rather than yellowish (not like purulent crusts) plaque on the skin and mucous membranes, with a similar type of secretions.
To understand which of the two systems is seized by inflammation, it is possible on the basis of the fact that the throat burning sensation is localized much less strictly, occurs in the vagina and on the labia (women), throughout the penis head under the foreskin (men). It is accompanied by a perceptible itching, although pain is more characteristic of cystitis.
Can cystitis and thrush be at the same time?
Infection of the bladder is often caused by a fungus of the genus Candida (it feels rather well on the mucous membrane of this organ), against the background of its activation next to it. Between them there may be another interrelation - the general weakening of the immunity or the common cold area of their joint location (lower abdomen and groin).
How to treat thrush caused by cystitis and vice versa?
The spread of the pathogen of thrush to the urinary tract is not typical for a healthy immune "environment". And his treatment is always based on the general intake of antifungal agents - in tablets / capsules or intravenously, using a dropper:
- Fluconazole, which is considered one of the safest derivatives of azoles, since it is better than the others, it distinguishes between almost identical enzymes of hepatocytes (cells of the patient’s liver) and fungus. Included in the "Diflukana", "Diflazon", "Mikosista", "Futsisa" (for local application). Шире всего известны «Микосист» и «Дифлюкан», назначаемые по 400-800 мг/сутки, ежедневно, перорально, курсом 1-10 дней. Капсулы «Микосиста» стоят 276 руб. (1 шт.) или 565 руб. (7 шт.)."Diflucan" will cost a little more - by 421 rubles. for 1 capsule or 820 rubles. for 7 units,
- nystatin - based on the drug of the same name. It is good for everyone except a weak ability to be absorbed by the intestinal walls into the bloodstream (candida infection of the mouth, esophagus, and various parts of the intestine rather than the bladder treats). It is prescribed for 150 000 IU per day, for 3-4 doses, for a period of 10-14 days. Its biggest plus is the price - up to 38 rubles. for 20 tab. in the enteric coating,
- amphotericin - in the composition of the lyophilisate (powder for reconstitution with saline and intravenous administration, with a drip) or ointment (relevant only for candidiasis of the vagina, skin, nails). It is called “Amphotericin B” or “Ampholipom”. It tends to accumulate in tissues and biological fluids, and it is not safe to treat them for any fungal invasions in renal failure. It is dripped once a day, for 3-4 hours, at a dosage of up to 0.3 mg per kilogram of the patient's weight, but in difficult cases it can be raised to 0.7 mg / kg. In candidal cystitis and thrush, it is used until the extinction of the symptoms and the disappearance of the fungus culture in diagnostically significant quantities from samples.
A common disadvantage of all these antibiotics is restrictions on their use during pregnancy, renal and hepatic failure, and lactation. In the presence of contraindications apply uroantiseptics.
We are talking about drugs with a less systemic effect, less affecting the state of the fetus in the womb and non-target organs. But their effectiveness against fungi is usually reduced (best of all, they help against bacterial invasions). Among them:
- "Palin" (pipemidovaya acid),
- "Furadonin" (nitrofuran),
- "5 NOK" (nitroxoline),
- "Urolesan" (fir and mint oils for disinfection, oregano and hop cones extracts with a slight diuretic effect),
- "Monural" (trometamol fosfomycin - a derivative of phosphonic acid).
The bladder is also locally sanitized with a solution of amphotericin B, and with edema of the legs, diuretics are prescribed ("Furosemide", "Hypothiazide", "Amiloride", "Diacarb"). To get rid of the thrush itself, vaginal suppositories Pimafucin (natamycin), Zalain (sertaconazole), Clotrimazole (clotrimazole), and Nystatin (nystatin) are shown to women. Men are better suited ointment with the same active ingredients.
The concept of frequent urination
In most cases, enhanced diuresis as a provocateur serves infection with fungi, bacteria. Due to the specifics of the anatomical structure, candidiasis is more often diagnosed in women than in men. Regardless of the gender of the patient, frequent urination with thrush has similar symptoms.
Based on medical practice, most patients with urological pathologies seek medical help at the stage of manifestation of serious complications. Frequent situations when frequent urination is due to physiological processes in the body. It is extremely important to understand the concept of enhanced diuresis in order to understand what symptoms should be alerted to.
In medicine, there is no strict definition of the daily frequency of bladder emptying, as this is an individual process. However, there is an average value of 2-6 urination per day. In the absence of urological pathologies, the natural secretion of urine is controlled by the following factors:
- Physiological features of the body.
- Food mode.
- Drinking mode.
- The speed of the implementation of metabolic processes.
Rapid diuresis at night or daytime is a violation of the personal comfort of a man or a woman when there is a need to visit the toilet more often than usual. Doctors emphasize that the short-term manifestation of frequent urination for 2-3 days is allowed and should not cause alarm. In other situations where symptoms worsen, immediate consultation of a qualified specialist is required.
The relationship of urological pathology and the frequent urge to empty
The most popular question that urological patients are being puzzled with is whether there can be frequent urination during thrush. Candidiasis affects the mucous membranes of the vagina in women and provokes an acid imbalance. As a result, patients complain of discomfort in the form of cramps, burning, and increased diuresis. These factors explain the close relationship between thrush and frequent urination.
It is an erroneous assumption that this ailment affects the female urinogenital system only. The male body is indeed more resistant to the negative effects of yeast-like fungi Candida, but against the background of reduced immunity, there is a high probability of infection of the genital organs.
Doctors emphasize that thrush is provoked by various infectious and inflammatory diseases, among which cystitis and urethritis occupy leading positions. Infection of the walls of the bladder can occur during sexual intercourse, with hypothermia of the pelvic organs, with prolonged use of potent antibiotics.
As for urethritis, this pathology is characterized by a lesion of the urethra against the background of the active biosynthesis of viruses and bacteria. This form of inflammation, as well as candidiasis, is transmitted during sexual intercourse. The danger of an illness is that there are often situations where there is no pronounced symptomatology. As a result, the patient does not suggest the presence of infection and continues to infect sexual partners. Candida urethritis can also occur when pathogenic microflora from any other lesion hit.
Additional characteristic symptoms of the disease
Given the specificity of the flow of thrush, you need to carefully monitor their health and pay attention to signs of failure of the urinary system. In the initial stages, the pathology may be asymptomatic, but in the absence of the proper medical effect of the disease is complicated. Frequent urination with thrush in women and men is not the only symptom of the development of pathology. The clinical picture is characterized by the following additional signs of infection:
- burning and tingling sensation during the outflow of urine,
- pain in the lower abdomen, in the pubic region,
- muddy purulent discharge from the urethral canal, which increases in the morning after the patient wakes up,
- preservation of painful symptoms for a long time after emptying the bladder,
- the prevalence of nocturnal diuresis over daytime, which as a result causes sleep disturbance in patients.
In order to avoid the development of serious complications should immediately seek medical help at the first signs of inflammation. Only with the timely start of antibiotic therapy can you get rid of the painful symptoms of the disease in a short time.
Features of the diagnostic phase
Thrush causes pain when urinating, so at the first sign of such a condition should consult a gynecologist or urologist. To confirm the alleged diagnosis, the patient will have to undergo a series of laboratory tests and instrumental examinations:
After a thorough history and analysis of research results, the doctor develops an individualized treatment plan.
Basic aspects of a therapeutic course
Burning when urinating with thrush and pain in the lower abdomen are the primary signs of urological pathology. While ignoring the increased diuresis, patients notice the disappearance of uncomfortable sensations. It should be understood that the symptoms may disappear for a while, but this does not mean that the pathogenic microflora has been destroyed.
A positive outcome of treatment of thrush involves the use of an integrated approach. First of all, it will be necessary to eliminate the true causative agent of inflammatory processes in the urogenital system, which have caused speeded up diuresis. To this end, doctors prescribe a course of antibacterial or antifungal drugs. The scheme of therapeutic course is chosen individually for each patient, taking into account the severity of the disease, the physiological characteristics of the body and the presence of associated diseases.
On average, treatment of thrush lasts 10-14 days, but according to the results of additional tests, the doctor may prescribe a second course. To achieve a fast healing effect, experts recommend adhering to the following rules:
adjustment of the food regime, which is to exclude from the daily diet of spicy, salty foods, carbonated drinks, flour products,
- at the time of the drug therapy should completely abandon the use of alcoholic beverages, which not only cause additional irritation of the walls of the urethra, but also reduce the effectiveness of medications taken,
- Many patients, faced with painful sensations during urination, try to visit the toilet less often. This approach is fundamentally wrong. Doctors emphasize the importance of compliance with the drinking regime, which consists in the need to drink about 1.5-2 liters of distilled water per day. By adhering to this recommendation, the patient achieves rapid removal of pathogenic microflora from the walls of the bladder, which will have a positive effect on the patient's well-being,
- after taking potent drugs, taking microflora-reducing medicines is required,
- periodically should be drunk a course of immunostimulants to maintain a high level of protection of the body.
It is strictly forbidden to interrupt the prescribed course of therapy or independently adjust the dosage of drugs, since such actions increase the risk of developing the resistance of bacteria and fungi.
Positive dynamics is noted on the 4-5 day of the start of treatment, but only repeated results of laboratory tests can confirm the complete inhibition of pathogenic microflora.
Frequent urination acts as the main symptom of beginning thrush. At the first signs of it, it is necessary to immediately contact a competent specialist to identify the true causative agent of the pathology. With the timely start of taking drugs with a bactericidal effect, a rapid relief of specific symptoms of the disease is achieved, which allows patients to return to their normal lifestyle.