Physicians do not secrete specific reasons why bowel disorder is possible on certain days in women. It all depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
However, there is a group of common causes that affect the female body precisely these days:
- changes in hormonal levels due to increased concentrations of progesterone and prostaglandins, which cause an active contraction of the intestinal walls and accelerate the exit of fecal masses,
- increased appetite, the emergence of enhanced cravings for sweets because of what is bloating, gas formation, fermentation in the intestine,
- consuming a large amount of fluid that dilutes the contents of the organ and causes diarrhea,
- additional pressure on the intestine has increased uterus, which is associated with increased blood circulation in the pelvic organs,
- stress and emotional instability of a woman on critical days causes a negative bowel reaction in the form of a violation of the chair,
- side effect of taking birth control pills is often diarrhea,
- Eating disorder - the reaction of the female body to excessive eating during menstruation, or a change in taste preferences and the introduction of unusual foods into the diet.
Sometimes diarrhea, nausea, accompanied by vomiting, occur simultaneously with delayed menstruation. This may indicate that ovulation occurred and a pregnancy occurred. To verify this, it is enough to do a test and visit a gynecologist.
In such situations, diarrhea during menstruation is normal, without the intervention of a woman. But, one should be wary if diarrhea is accompanied by pain and other unpleasant and often dangerous symptoms.
Diarrhea on the first day of the cycle - norm or pathology
If the onset of the menstrual cycle is accompanied by diarrhea, this does not always indicate the presence of the disease. In order to independently verify the absence of pathology, you should pay attention to the condition of the chair.
If the liquid stool happens no more than 2 times a day, has no abnormal color, and there are no impurities, then there is no cause for concern. After a few days, hormonal levels will return to normal and diarrhea will disappear.
Menstruation is not always accompanied by diarrhea and nausea due to hormonal changes. This can happen due to the presence of gynecological problems, pathologies of the urinary tract, infectious diseases of the digestive system.
A reason to consult a specialist is if a woman’s diarrhea does not stop for two or more days, although the stools have a corresponding color and there are no extraneous patches.
Diarrhea as a symptom of pathological diseases
Diarrhea can provoke cystitis, colitis, intestinal disorders, not associated with hormonal changes in critical days.
During the period of menstruation, cystitis exacerbation is possible, the bladder is irritated, it acts more actively on the uterus, causing it to contract more intensively. She, in turn, puts pressure on the intestines, stimulating its motility. The activity of the body increases, which causes diarrhea.
Intestinal infections, manifested by severe diarrhea during menstruation, may indicate the presence of pathologies.
Alertness should cause a stool that is different from the usual - a change in color (yellow, black, green), the presence of bloody inclusions.
Also, except for diarrhea, fever is possible, the woman feels a strong pain in the abdomen, nausea, accompanied by vomiting.
Diseases of the female organs can cause intestinal upset during menstruation - endometriosis, bend of the uterus.
With endometriosis, there is fluid stool with blood interspersed during menstruation. In addition, the woman experiences painful cramps in the lower abdomen.
When the uterus bends, its normal position changes. Increasing during menstruation, it presses on the intestines, irritating him.
Algomenorrhea is a gynecological disease, accompanied by vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea.
Other pathological changes in the body can also cause diarrhea. Therefore, if you suspect an abnormal state, a sudden change in stool, you should contact the specialists for further examination.
Reason to consult a doctor
If diarrhea does not go away for two days, is accompanied by severe pain, nausea and vomiting, feces have a color from white to black, you should consult a doctor.
For example, the color of stool may indicate the following diseases:
- greenish - intoxication of the body, intestinal inflammation, the presence of tumors,
- unnaturally yellow or whitish - problems with the pancreas, its ducts,
- red or black - the presence of bleeding in the lower or upper part of the gastrointestinal tract, respectively.
If on the first day of menstruation, nausea, vomiting, fever, severe abdominal pain, and weakness are observed simultaneously with diarrhea, then a doctor should be consulted immediately.
The reason to consult a doctor is prolonged diarrhea, lasting for several days. Such a state, regardless of the cause of it provoked, can harm the body, cause dehydration.
Determination of the specific cause that affected the occurrence of diarrhea is possible only after the diagnosis, and the treatment will be prescribed.
Methods for stool normalization
If menstruation is accompanied by diarrhea that is not associated with the presence of pathological changes in the body, the situation can be alleviated without the help of medicines and any treatment.
In order not to have to spend several days without leaving the toilet, it is useful to adhere to some rules:
- use only freshly cooked food in boiled, stewed, baked form, give up fried foods,
- during critical days it is recommended to limit the consumption of raw fruits and vegetables, reduce the amount of spices, seasonings, salt and sugar in the diet,
- prepare liquid porridges on water (buckwheat, oatmeal, rice), without adding oil, not rich soups,
- fruit juices, herbal teas, mineral water without gas,
- instead of bread, use crackers or, alternatively, dry it a bit,
- nutrition should be moderate, fractional, should not allow overeating.
At the beginning of menstruation, it is desirable to refuse physical activity.. Further light exercises and a delicate massage will help alleviate the condition.
It is important to avoid stressful situations, ensure proper sleep and rest. You should also drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration. If there are no contraindications, it is not forbidden to take an infusion or pills of valerian or the drug "No-shpa" to relieve spasms.
If diarrhea is not associated with the presence of pathologies, then in order to minimize it or avoid intestinal upset, it is recommended to stop eating foods with a laxative effect a few days before the onset of menstruation.
Do not self-prescribe yourself to take any medication for diarrhea. If diarrhea does not go away for several days or the stools are abnormal, you should consult a doctor to prescribe the necessary examination and adequate therapy.