Some gynecologists do not recommend women to use the daily because of the fact that they can create a greenhouse effect. But this is not always correct. Indeed, some gaskets have a layer that does not miss the discharge, not allowing the daily to leak, and interferes with optimal air exchange. The solution to this problem will be the choice of products without such a layer, such as Carefree®. Thanks to regular (once every 3 hours) replacement of gaskets during the day, you can maintain optimal hygiene and maintain a feeling of dryness and comfort. In any case, let the best of the selection is absorbed daily, which can be changed than underwear, which will have to go all day.
What are the best panty liners for me?
As is the case with menstrual pads, the diaries vary in thickness and size depending on your needs.
Daily pads can be divided into 3 sizes.
- Ultra-thin ideal for small daily excretions. They are so thin and flexible that you practically will not feel them! They protect laundry from stains and help maintain a feeling of freshness throughout the day.
- Conventional panty liners usually can absorb more moisture than ultrathin ones. They should be used during periods of more heavy daily discharge, for example, during ovulation.
- Larger dailies are longer, wider and absorb even more than regular ones. They are great for use at the beginning or end of your menstrual cycle, with a slight incontinence or just for extra comfort and protection.
The perfect solution for girls with sensitive skin will be daily with aloe or cotton extract. For women who care about daily flexibility, there are special pads that perfectly fit any type of underwear - from regular panties to thongs. No matter what type you choose, remember that hygiene products must change during the day. Keep a few pieces in your purse, for this there are daily in individual envelopes.
Advantages of daily pads
1. Soft top layer. Recently on the shelves of stores are increasingly found underwear from low-quality or synthetic materials. Daily pads are able to protect the delicate skin of the female genital organs from coarse linen and create comfort. This is very important: after all, the wrong laundry can cause itching, allergies, redness and even inflammation, which is fraught with complications, including infertility.
2. Hygiene. Quality “daily”, as well as simple pads, must be packaged in individual packaging and be sterile, which in turn prevents the penetration of pathogenic bacteria from the laundry into the vagina. In addition, high-quality women's daily pads will not allow bacteria to multiply, if they do exist, so they serve as a kind of “shield” for women's health.
3. Prevent "leakage." In a normal way of life, if there are no pathologies, each woman should have bright or transparent discharge, the number of which increases during ovulation. With the help of "everyday" you can avoid unforeseen "leaks" and do not stain your underwear and clothing. It is also very convenient to use such pads before menstruation, when they can start at any time.
4. Give a feeling of freshness. Being away from home, it is simply impossible to wash under, and it is very important for women to keep the genitals clean. But even while at work, at school or on a trip, there is almost always the opportunity to run into the toilet, wipe intimate places with a damp cloth and change the “daily”: thus, the genitals will always be clean, even with stale clothes.
5. Help with diseases. Many manufacturers of daily pads have taken care not only of the fact that bacteria do not multiply in their products, but the unpleasant smell was not a problem. Thus, daily pads can become indispensable assistants in partial incontinence of urine. Often, such a nuisance happens to women after childbirth or in some diseases, when the muscles of the pelvic organs are simply unable to contract with due force, and because of which such incidents occur, especially when sneezing or laughing.
The nuances of using "daily"
To ensure that daily pads never become a source of discomfort for you, follow a few important rules when applying them:
Most gynecologists strongly recommend not to use daily panty liners as a permanent female use, and use them only when necessary. To date, 50% of all female diseases with which girls go to a doctor are caused by poor-quality “daily” or improper use of them.
Types of hygiene products
Depending on the materials and structure used, the panty liners can be differentiated into several types that have slight differences, among which particular ones are distinguished:
- Material of which the surface is made. This may be a special polymer perforated film or non-woven fabric,
- Internal content. Most often, the gaskets are filled with synthetics or molded cellulose,
- Hygiene items may have a pleasant fragrance caused by the use of flavors.
- There are thin, used every day, and voluminous napkins, which are better to use at the end of menstruation in order to secure or during pregnancy with heavy discharge,
- The shape is different. Currently, manufacturers produce standard rectangular, triangular, intended for "tango" means and with a characteristic bend, repeating the anatomical shape,
- Hygiene items can be equipped with wings that increase the reliability of attachment.
The most popular brands in Russia are Kotex, Always, Discreet, Libresse, Naturella. It is difficult to name the best brands. Which of them a woman chooses, depends only on her preferences and, of course, her favorite type of underwear.
Design features of hygiene products
If the surface of the tool is made of non-woven fabric, moisture is quickly absorbed. In addition, this material is quite soft and pleasant to the touch, which provides maximum comfort. Perforated synthetic surface is tougher, but no less well absorbs secretions.
Some items have 2 layers. Such a combination provides comfort dryness. The insert from Stay dry ensures almost instant absorption, while the canvas located at the edges prevents skin irritation.
Often, manufacturers decorate their product drawings. It turns out that this is not just an element of decor. The pattern has practical benefits, increasing the flexibility of the tool.
The inner layer is devoid of absorbent and is able to absorb only a small amount of moisture. For this purpose, synthetic materials and cellulose, perfectly absorbing the smell.
For the same purpose, manufacturers use flavors. Most often, it is artificially created fragrances. One should be wary of choosing such means, since it is not known how harmonious the combination of artificial fragrance and natural smell of a woman will be.
The bottom layer is a regular polyethylene film. The most expensive models are equipped with a perforated layer that provides easy air penetration, due to which delicate skin continues to “breathe”.
If the base of the product is completely made of adhesive layer, the harm of daily pads is very high, since there is no air flow. The equipment of the wings allows you to avoid wrapping or sliding napkins.
Based on the description of hygiene items, a woman can decide which panty liners are best for her.
Rules for the use of hygiene products
The main reason for which the panty liners are needed is the freshness of the laundry. However, it should be borne in mind that clean underwear is not always the key to health. Improper use of hygiene items can be harmful to the health of the female reproductive system.
Therefore, using daily pads constantly, you must adhere to some rules:
- First of all, they need to be changed approximately every 3-4 hours,
- Daily use of hygiene items is recommended only when absolutely necessary.
- It is necessary to purchase only quality products from proven manufacturers,
- According to gynecologists, the best pads are those that do not have a pronounced aroma and dense adhesive bottom layer,
- It is advisable to purchase funds placed in individual packaging.
- It is strongly not recommended to use pads during sleep,
- If hygiene items are in general packaging, be sure to tightly close the box, protecting intimate items from contact with the external environment.
By following these simple rules, a woman is able to significantly reduce the harm caused by the daily use of pads.
What consequences are possible with the constant use of gaskets
Damage caused by regular use of hygiene products can be very significant. For example, compressed cellulose interferes with air circulation, as a result of which fungi and other pathogens begin to multiply rapidly in the intimate area. It is believed that a huge number of patients diagnosed with "thrush" or "vaginosis" is largely due to the use of pads.
The greenhouse effect leads to chafing, and a sharp change in temperature when changing clothes or hygiene products causes symptoms of cystitis. Impregnation perfume, whether synthetic or natural, provokes the development of allergic reactions.
Harm is also inflicted by dyes, therefore it is not recommended to buy multi-colored “dailies” With the appearance of itching, swelling of the genital organs, reddening of the skin surface, it is necessary to urgently visit the gynecologist and abandon the use of the model that caused the increased sensitivity.
Use during pregnancy
Wearing panty liners during pregnancy is often a necessity. Conception leads to changes in hormonal levels, which are often accompanied by watery secretions. Especially often abundant discharge occurs after 12 weeks of pregnancy.
In this case, women prefer to use the "daily", as the use of tampons for pregnant women is contraindicated. Naturally, the improper use of hygiene products can cause harm to the mother and her unborn child. Therefore, you should carefully approach the choice of gaskets, trying to purchase models without aromatic fragrances and made from natural materials.
If a woman during pregnancy does not want to abandon the usual hygienic means, it is better to choose sealed boxes in which each napkin has its own packaging.
Today, pharmaceutical kiosks offer special wipes designed for use during pregnancy. They protect against inflammation and preserve the vaginal microflora in a normal state.
However, most obstetrician-gynecologists tend to be biased about the use of pads during pregnancy, believing that the harm from wearing them is incomparable with comfort.
Should I wear daily pads, which ones to choose, and how justified is the use of hygiene items during pregnancy is a controversial issue. However, most beautiful ladies have long made a choice, preferring freshness and cleanliness.