On critical days, when the body is relieved of the endometrium, a state of weakness, slight indisposition, pain in the genitals is naturally considered. It is normal to increase heart rate, pressure jumps, depression, slow reaction.
This is due to a decrease in the level of red blood cells and hemoglobin in the blood during menstruation. The bodies receive less oxygen, which is why endurance becomes less during physical exertion, the girl gets tired faster, so it is not advisable to overwork during menstruation. But completely abandon the sport is not worth it.
Running at monthly
Running is an excellent physical activity in which the legs, feet, body are involved. While running, intensive work of the heart and lungs occurs, a lot of calories are burned.
However, each case must be approached individually and consult with experts. There are some diseases in which physical activity is prohibited, for example, adenomyosis, uterine fibroids and others. Running during menstruation in such cases is not entirely safe. Many doctors advise to refrain from strong physical exertion during this period in order not to expose the body to danger or, as an alternative, change to a lighter one. At the same time it is important to eat properly to provide yourself with the necessary substances.
In addition, with age-related changes, it is necessary to take into account the state of the body and the diseases present.
Investigating the question of whether it is possible to run during menstruation, scientists have found that exercise is even useful at this time. From the movements and some load, the metabolism is accelerated, and endorphins are produced that improve mood and relieve nervous tension. With certain exercises, menstruation becomes shorter in duration.
Doctors say that you can run during menstruation, but you need to be very careful about this.
Reasons for not running while menstruating
Having made a decision to run and during menstruation, it is necessary to consult with a gynecologist, as in some gynecological pathologies, it is impossible to run.
The reasons why you can not run during menstruation are associated with such states:
- severe pain in the genitals
- copious discharge.
Such symptoms mean that there are any abnormalities in the body. It is advisable to refrain from running until the cause of the ailment is resolved. You should not run when you feel unwell. It is also necessary to refrain from passing standards in a school or other educational institutions.
If there are no pathologies, you can run, slightly reducing the load on this period. The pace should be slow, and you should refrain from sudden movements, reduce the duration and distance of your run, you can not step on hemp or hummocks, and perform movements that bring discomfort.
Since intense exercise increases blood circulation, the bleeding can increase and your well-being will also deteriorate. During the period of critical days when there is blood loss, it is advisable not to provoke such phenomena.
Rules of jogging during menstruation
If you follow some rules for daily runs during menstruation, then the state of health during this period will be much better. It is necessary to choose special hygiene products containing a gel adsorbent that protect as much as possible.
It is important to maintain body hygiene, taking a shower after a run is necessary. At the same time it is best to use special gels and soaps for intimate hygiene.
In addition, you can not combine running during menstruation with swimming, and you must respect the proper diet.
During training, constant monitoring of well-being is important, and if its deterioration begins, you need to stop running and consult with a gynecologist.
Alternative types of physical activity
If jogging during critical days is accompanied by pain, do not completely abandon sports exercises. You can choose the direction of employment with less intensity. Beneficial effect during menstruation cardio. The coach will help you choose special exercises and workload that will not harm the body, but will help alleviate the condition.
Aerobics and yoga are also great activities for such days. It is yoga that strengthens various muscle groups, carries out massage of internal organs and in a complex has a positive effect on the organism as a whole.
Physiological processes during menstruation
On critical days, the body is relieved of the endometrium, and symptoms familiar to every woman, such as weakness, malaise, pain in the lower abdomen, are natural. It is also considered normal to increase the pulse rate, pressure jumps, depression and slow reaction.
The reason for this - a decrease in blood red blood cells and hemoglobin. Organs are worse supplied with oxygen, which is why endurance under load decreases, and we get tired faster. Therefore, the usual loads are transferred worse. It is not necessary to completely abandon the sport, but adjustment of the loads is necessary.
Is it possible to do jogging during menstruation
Running with menstruation can be helpful. Moderate and reasonable loads can cope with malaise, pain in the abdomen. Slow jogging can improve blood circulation in the pelvis, help relieve tension. The body produces endorphins, known as the hormone of happiness, which helps to fight stress and depression, improves mood.
However, wondering whether it is possible to run at monthly, should approach this issue responsibly. The length of the distance is recommended to be reduced. These are clearly not the days when you can set records, overcome obstacles. Interval training is also better to postpone for later. Important and correct clothing is that it should not hamper movement and should correspond to the weather, not allowing you to either freeze or overheat.
If during the run you feel weak, dizzy, abdominal pain, increased bleeding, stop training. If necessary, consult a gynecologist.
But in each case, everything is decided individually. There are a number of diseases when it is better to abstain from physical exertion in the period of menstruation. Among them are uterine fibroids, adenomyosis, and so on. In any case, the main criteria should be your particular health and state of health.
Why it is impossible to run at monthly
There are situations when running during menstruation is contraindicated. These include the following states:
- Abundant discharge, which under loads may become even stronger.
- Strong pain, increasing in the process of movement.
- Weakness, dizziness, migraine.
- Diseases of the urinogenital sphere.
- Various irregularities associated with the menstrual cycle.
With a strong deterioration of health, it is better to refrain from running and find out the cause of anomalous indisposition. Schoolgirls in the period of menstruation is also better to give up on physical education lessons and other loads, since the cycle is only set for them, and the excess of activity can break it.
A popular question is whether you can run on the first day of your period. In the first 1-2 days, it is recommended to abandon the load, since it is during this period that the body undergoes the strongest changes. Return to the usual rhythm can be from the third day of menstruation. One of the reasons why experts do not approve of training is an increase in intracranial pressure, which can lead to disruption of the endometrium.
In the absence of pathologies, you can run during the menstrual period, slightly reducing the load for the period. The pace should be weak, refrain from sudden movements, reduce the time and distance of jogging. Also try not to step on the bumps and hemp and do not perform movements that cause discomfort.
Since intense exercise increases blood circulation, bleeding can increase, and you may also feel worse. During the period of critical days, when the body loses blood, it is better to refrain from such phenomena.
Rules of jogging during menstruation
In the absence of contraindications, you can run during menstruation, but it is important to do it competently and moderately, and then your health will only improve. Follow these recommendations:
- Reduce the duration and run distance.
- Run at a slow pace, avoid sudden movements.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes so that they do not interfere with your movements.
- Choose special hygiene products that contain a gel adsorbent and provide maximum protection.
- Observe body hygiene. After the run, be sure to take a shower. It is better to use special gels and soaps intended for intimate hygiene.
- You can not combine running with swimming.
- Stick to the right diet.
When training is very important to monitor their well-being. If you feel it is getting worse, stop running.
If you feel strong discomfort while jogging, you should refrain from it. But it is not necessary to give up physical exertion completely. You can pick up classes with minimal intensity. So, light cardio can only have a beneficial effect. Of course, ideally, it is worth consulting with a trainer who will help you choose the optimal load and safe exercises.
You can pay attention to the following types of activity:
- Walking tour Less intense than running, but also burns calories.
- Lightweight morning exercises. It should be shorter than usual. Also eliminate power loads and abdominal exercises.
- Yoga. The most gentle practice that helps strengthen different muscle groups, promotes massage of internal organs and helps to ensure a positive effect on the body as a whole.
- Stretching. Helps relieve pain, tones muscles. But it should be light and moderate.
Remember that no power load with the burden during menstruation is not allowed.
It hurts the stomach after running, as in menstruation: what does it mean?
It often happens that during running the lower abdomen hurts. First, there is aching pain, which later turns into a sharp and piercing. Women describe it as if running a stomach ache, as during menses. Moreover, in fact, discomfort has nothing to do with critical days. The causes of this phenomenon may be the following:
- The body can suffer if you ignore the warm-up before training. A sharp start of running provokes muscle tension in the abdomen. Therefore, it is important to start warming up with light movements and gradually increase the load.
- Improper breathing provokes a change in the diaphragm. Too strong and deep, or, conversely, a weak inhale and exhale controls the ingestion of oxygen. There is a spasm in the muscles, pain in the side and lower abdomen. Breathe evenly - this will help prevent unpleasant consequences.
- Breathing determines the work of the liver. If there is little oxygen, the blood stagnates, the blood flow weakens, the liver increases in volume, and this can also provoke pain.
- Abdominal pain can be a consequence of running on a full stomach. Eaten foods are recycled, and the gastric tract is actively working. The body cannot switch to another load so quickly. Therefore, it is important that at least a couple of hours pass between the last meal and the workout.
- Abdominal pain can be triggered by gallbladder problems. In the process of movement, bile accumulates and provokes irritation.
- Diseases of internal organs is also no exception. If we are talking about the problems of the liver, spleen, pancreas, the body will let know about this a protective reaction in the form of pain in the center of the abdomen.
- If the pain is localized specifically in the lower abdomen, then we can talk about diseases of the reproductive system. It is important to go to a doctor, consult with him and pass the necessary tests.
Thus, the answer to the question of whether it is possible to run when menstruation takes place is determined individually. Remember that the most important thing is to listen to your body. Any discomfort is a reason to refrain from stress.
Changes in the body during menstruation
Some people think that in this issue one should listen to the opinion of doctors, others rely on the experience of girlfriends / colleagues / advisers from online forums, and still others rely solely on their well-being in “those days”. Understanding whether you can run during menstruation will help understanding the physiological processes occurring in the female body during this period.
When fertilization of a ripe and ready to conceive egg does not occur, the amount of hormones and their concentration in the blood significantly decreases. Because of this, the endometrial blood supply (as scientifically called the uterus mucosa) decreases, it begins to exfoliate and eventually rejects, which manifests itself in the form of blood discharge. Getting rid of the body of the old mucous membrane and the accumulation of new layers of the endometrium is just called monthly.
All these complex mechanisms entail a sharp decrease in the number of red blood cells and hemoglobin levels. At this point, you should take special care, because as a result:
- Internal organs feel oxygen deficiency.
- Woman - changes in well-being (slower reactions, increased heart rate, pressure jumps, mood swings, etc.).
Menstruation is a difficult period for the body, the blood is completely renewed, which requires enormous reserves of energy. Hence the constant breakdown, fatigue, psychological instability. With all this “bouquet” of unpleasant symptoms, it is rather unreasonable to arrange additional loads for yourself, therefore many women consider that running exercises during the period of critical days should be abandoned.
Running during menstruation: Pros and Cons
Information about the prohibition of sports during menstruation is no longer relevant. In fact, moderate exercise will not bring harm, especially if the periods pass without pathologies and pains.
Doctors recommend to exclude from their lives intense sports activities in the first three days of menstruation. The trainers are not so categorical and believe that practicing a measured small-scale run even in the first days of the cycle will have a beneficial effect on the female body. But with one important condition: the load will be dispensed correctly and reasonably.
Is it possible to run during menstruation - every woman decides for herself, carefully examining the pros and cons of such training and focusing on her own feelings / well-being on critical days.
You can even run during menstruation: this increases the flow of oxygen into the bloodstream, which helps to minimize pain. For many professional athletes, jogging is needed to make it easier to suffer premenstrual syndrome. It has been scientifically proven that in the process of not too intense physical exertion in the body, the hormone endorphin is produced, and a good mood on critical days will not interfere with any woman.
It is better to run at a slow pace, jog, without overcoming obstacles, avoiding interval training and bumps. On the first day of menstruation, it is worth significantly reducing the time interval for a run. By following these simple tips, you can get the most out of cross-country workouts:
- blood circulation in the pelvis will improve,
- pain and cramps will disappear
- the nervous system will calm down, which means that nervousness and depressive states will not be felt,
- metabolism will accelerate
- a charge of positive emotions, vigor and energy will be received.
Among other things, as a result of running loads, the disposal of the old endometrium is accelerated, respectively, the monthly run out is slightly faster than usual.
If running on critical days were characterized by exceptionally positive moments, probably all women would be engaged in it at the beginning of the menstrual cycle. But there is a flip side to the coin.
Strong contraindications for jogging are situations when:
- Monthly prolonged, abundant, accompanied by severe spasms. To do sports in this case is impossible, because intensity of discharge may increase, and pain due to active movements - increase.
- A woman feels severe discomfort during critical days: dizzy, there is general malaise, nausea, weakness.
- The lady suffers from diseases of the genitourinary system.
- There are serious menstrual irregularities.
- Observed apathy and unwillingness to engage in any sport.
During menstruation, it is forbidden to run if a girl is diagnosed with gynecological pathology, for example, adenomyosis or uterine myoma. The training regime can also be affected by such a cause as pain in the genitals. To run in this case it is impossible, the selection of unusual colors also become a reason to stop playing sports and visit the gynecologist.
Если самостоятельно выявить у себя противопоказания и разобраться, можно ли заниматься бегом во время критических дней, сложно, либо интуиция подсказывает, что лучше в этом вопросе перестраховаться, консультация опытного врача поможет расставить все точки над «и».
Рекомендации по бегу в месячные
If the question “is it possible to run during menstruation?” The woman answers in the affirmative for herself, it would not be superfluous to listen to the advice of experienced runners and gynecologists:
- Before training it is necessary to equip with women's hygiene products. The main recommendation for them is the gel absorbent inside and maximum absorbency. You can do as with a tampon in the vagina, and with the usual pad on underwear - here it is to whom and how comfortable.
- Because during the menstrual period, sweating in many women increases, attention should be paid to the selection of the "right" clothes - from natural, breathable fabric that can quickly absorb moisture.
- Categorical no intense training! You can run at the monthly, just enjoying the process: at a quiet pace, jogging, eliminating any sudden movement.
- The distance run on normal days should now be reduced by a third.
- For maximum blood oxygenation, it is better to run in the days of menstruation in the open air - in an open stadium, in a park / square, etc.
- If you experience pain of any nature, nausea, shortness of breath, muscle spasms jogging should be stopped.
Experienced trainers know that the energy consumption in the female body during menstruation increases by 300-500 kcal / day, so proper nutrition, contributing to the rapid recovery of strength after jogging, is especially important these days. In the diet should prevail dishes with plenty of vitamins and minerals, a high percentage of iron. Restrictions on food are fraught with severe dizziness during exercise.
Most ladies choose to run morning. But the selection in the first half of the day is more abundant, and no one has canceled the obligation of taking a shower and changing the gasket / tampon after a run. Therefore, the convenience and feasibility of sports in the morning should be seriously considered.
It would not be superfluous to consult with a doctor before menstruation - is it worth running in the first days of the cycle, what can be fraught with for health, is it possible to combine running with other loads (fitness, swimming, dancing, etc.).
What to do if your stomach hurts after running
Specialists in this case recommend three main options:
- If the pain is not too intense and occurs rarely, you can drink painkillers, but you should not abuse the pills.
- Not too useful, but an effective method would be a hot-water bottle on the stomach (as an option - a plastic bottle with hot water, a warm salt compress).
- Aromatherapy. Apply natural essential oils of cinnamon, juniper, lavender, mint. A few drops of oil gently, barely perceptible movements rubbed into the stomach.
If severe pain and weakness after jogging are observed regularly, this indicates a number of problems in the reproductive system. In this case, operative consultation of a gynecologist is necessary, only a doctor after a series of necessary studies will be able to select the correct and effective treatment.
What can replace running
If the need for physical activity is present, but the doctor has forbidden jogging during menstruation, it is necessary to consider possible alternatives. Such sports can effectively support the body in a tonus:
- Yoga - the most gentle training in the "women's" days,
- walking - affects the same muscle groups as running,
- Lightweight morning exercise - you can do all the exercises at home,
- Stretching - in addition to the delicate toning of the muscles, helps to relieve pain in the abdomen.
Do not forget that any of these sports activities should still be gentle and require prior medical advice on the presence of contraindications.
Opinions of doctors
You can meet different and sometimes completely opposite opinions of physicians on issues of physical activity on critical days. However, every doctor who has at least an indirect relationship to sports medicine will agree that there is no categorical ban on jogging during this period.
The body of each person is unique, therefore, recommendations / contraindications to girls cannot be the same. Regular consultations with a gynecologist will allow you to have information with maximum accuracy about the state of your reproductive system, the presence of certain gynecological diseases and pathologies. Such anamnesis combined with the peculiarities of the menstrual cycle, the volume and specificity of the discharge, as well as general well-being are the main indicators to determine whether a woman can run, twist the hoop, or practice some other sport during her monthly periods.
Similar articles 02.24.2018 11 391 Alcohol during the menstrui 04.12.2017 13 436 Is it possible to do an ultrasound scan during the menstrui 02.03.2018 1 617 Can you lose your virginity with a tampon 13.11.2017 2 508 Take a bath during menstruation - is it possible or not? 03/16/2018 376 Shugaring during menstruation 11/14/2017 4,984 Fluorography during menstruation - is it possible to do
What happens in the body during menstruation?
The pulse quickens, pressure rises, muscle weakness is felt, the reactions slow down. However, this does not mean that at this time you just need to lie down, without in any way loading the body.
During menstruation, the level of hemoglobin and red blood cells in a woman’s blood decreases. This indicates a decrease in oxygen supply to the organs, endurance during physical exertion decreases, the woman gets tired more quickly. Therefore, increased loads are inappropriate, but a measured, calm run does not burden the body.
How to run during menstruation?
Examination and consultation of a doctor is necessary in order to correctly determine the additional physical activity on critical days. The specialist will develop for you an individual technique. But only you decide whether to run during the month. You should listen to your feelings during this period. Are there pain, discomfort, apathy. If, suppose, today you feel great, then why not run for a while and for short distances?
Research results have shown that after physical exercise, many people feel better, they decrease pain. The main thing is that the loads are not intense. No need to worry about the results - enjoy the process. Choosing the right pace, reducing the number of workouts these days is a guarantee of health and good mood.
During menstruation in women, the process of sweating goes faster, therefore during this period it is important to choose suitable clothes for running. The suit should not hamper your movements. During the workout, the room should be well ventilated; you should not supercool or overheat. With the help of running, you will feel lightness, pain in the lower abdomen will go away.
When running during menstruation is not worth it
If you have gynecological diseases or medical contraindications, if your doctor advises you not to run during your period, listen to it so as not to harm the body. You should not run if the discharge is abundant, and the pain is strong if it hurts and dizzy. Increased loads during this period are fraught with serious gynecological diseases.
If in the process of running you feel an attack of weakness or dizziness, stop, rest. To saturate blood with oxygen, run on such days, not in the gym, but in an open stadium or in a park. Do not run for long distances - as soon as there is a feeling of discomfort, stop. If the pain in the lower abdomen appears while running, it is better to stop exercising until you consult with a specialist.
What threatens to run during menstruation: the opinion of doctors
Running is an excellent exercise, which supports the figure for each of the fair sex. Girls who adhere to a healthy lifestyle are often interested in: is it possible to run during menstruation? This article will help to understand the effect of physical exertion on the female body during the menstrual period and to find out what opinion experts have on this score.
Is it possible to run if menstruation began
Menstruation is a natural process for the body of every woman, which is accompanied by the following symptoms: headaches, pain in the lower abdomen, general malaise. In addition, a woman may feel depressed, accelerated heartbeat.
The cause of this condition is a decrease in hemoglobin and erythrocyte levels in a woman’s blood. A woman's body is enriched with oxygen worse, so endurance during exercise decreases and a female representative gets tired much faster.
Stopping jogging during the critical days is not mandatory, you just need to adjust the load.
Opinion of doctors
Scientists in the field of medicine have long investigated the question of the influence of physical activity on the course of menstruation and tried to find out whether it is possible to run during menstruation. The experiments that were carried out gave reason to believe that jogging is not only not prohibited, but even useful for the female at critical days. This opinion is based on the following facts:
- The ability of such loads to eliminate pain and cramps in the lower abdomen has been proven.
- Moderate runs accelerate the body's metabolism and contribute to the production of such a hormone as endorphin.
- Thanks to running, the body of the beautiful half of humanity is cleared faster during menstruation, so that there is a chance of reducing the duration of critical days.
- Slow jogs during menstruation contribute to the improvement of blood circulation in the pelvic area, relieve tension.
Running during menstruation once a day will not harm health if a woman follows the pace (do not increase the speed too sharply), pay attention to the landscape and do not step on various hummocks. These rules are necessary.
It is recommended to reduce the intensity of training and their duration by reducing the distances for jogging and the time of loads up to one hour per day.
Running at the beginning of critical days
Most often, women are concerned about whether you can run on the first day of your period. In the first 1-2 days of menstruation, doctors advise to refrain from exercise, due to the fact that the body of women during this period is significantly weakened. It is recommended to go in for sports not earlier than on the 3rd day if the woman feels better.
The reason why it is impossible to run during menstruation is an increase in the inside of the abdominal pressure, as a result of which there is a likelihood of endometrial separation.
In the premenstrual period, sports are also allowed.
The only negative consequence of running with menstruation may be an increase in the profusion of bleeding. In order to cope with this problem, you need to adhere to the following recommendations:
- Use personal care products with a high level of protection against possible leaks. These can be gaskets or tampons that have a helium base.
- You need to run in comfortable and loose clothing.
- It is important not to forget about the water procedures in the days of menstruation. After all, water is a source of energy, relaxing and giving strength.
- In the absence of the opportunity to take a shower, use a variety of gels and napkins that are designed for women's intimate hygiene. It is important to choose such high-quality products and only natural ones.
- During menstruation, you need to do physical exercise without a visit to the pool or sauna.
- After a workout, do not forget to praise yourself for the work done. But the very promotion of sweet and fatty foods is better to exclude. Allowed to use dried fruits or fresh fruits and vegetables, you can also drink sweet tea with honey or sugar. These foods contribute to the restoration of the body and give it energy for the whole day.
Choose yourself when it is more convenient and comfortable to start training (in the morning or evening), because this is a matter of individual preferences. Consider whether it will be possible to take on the completion of a workout shower, and have time to work if you prefer morning jogging.
When running is contraindicated
To find out if you can do jogging during menstruation, as well as the individual reason for the ban on training, you need to visit a gynecologist before starting training. This will help prevent possible negative consequences.
Running exercises should stop if during this period a woman is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- severe and sharp pains in the female genital area (this may be the cause of the reproductive system),
- dizziness and weakness
- headaches at which a woman feels that she may faint,
- heavy discharge (this may contribute to the loss of blood in large quantities).
When a female representative has noticed the above symptoms, you should immediately visit a gynecologist and undergo a specialized examination.
These symptoms may indicate the presence of diseases of the reproductive system, having an inflammatory or infectious nature.
It is recommended that girls and adolescents also abstain from physical activity and physical education lessons. Indeed, in this case, physical work can disrupt the process of establishing a cycle, which occurs between the ages of 9 to 15 years.
What exercises to replace jogging
If you feel inconvenience and discomfort while running, you should refrain from it during your period. You can replace the run with other types of physical activity.
The alternative can be the following types of activity:
- Morning work-out. It will help keep the body in good shape, however, it should be carried out in an abbreviated version and exclude power loads and abdominal exercises.
- Brisk walking (sports). This sport is less intense than running and copes with the burning of extra calories.
- Yoga practice. Due to the complex of such exercises, all major muscle groups are strengthened, and the general condition of the body during menstruation improves.
- Moderate and easy stretching. Helps to relieve pain during menstruation.
Considering the information outlined above, it can be concluded that jogging during monthly periods should be done with extreme caution.
If there are no special contraindications for physicians, and the girl does not feel any particular discomfort from this type of activity during the menstruation period, it is not necessary to interrupt classes.
To have a good state of health after running, you need to follow the recommendations of doctors. Always remember that a woman’s health should come first!
Can I run during menstruation
Running helps to lose weight, keep fit and improve well-being. Exercise of reasonable intensity always has a beneficial effect on the female body.
But is it possible to run during menstruation? How much it can be dangerous for a girl in a particular period of her life. With the onset of menstruation, various pains and discomforts come due to which extra stress on the body must be eliminated.
If, however, to normalize physical activity, it will be possible to alleviate some of the symptoms of menstruation.
Positive sides are as follows:
- exercise is beneficial for the female body during menstruation,
- with active movement (running) in the body endorphins will be produced, which will improve mood and help relieve nervousness,
- blood is enriched with oxygen, which it loses due to critical days,
- running can relieve pain and cramps that accompany menstruation,
- In some cases, menstruation ends a day earlier, because under the influence of physical exertion, the body clears faster.
If this were all over, then every girl would go for a run at the beginning of her menstrual cycle. But in order to understand whether it is possible to run during menstruation, it is necessary to consider the negative consequences of such an activity.
- Excessive activity can adversely affect well-being. If you run as many on critical days as you do on normal days, then expect trouble.
- Exacerbation of various diseases in which you can not run.
- Violation of the menstrual cycle, if you run with contraindications.
In order to better understand the essence of the negative consequences, it is necessary to consider cases when running during menstruation is undesirable.
A gynecologist should be the best friend of a woman who wants to have a normal cycle and a minimum of monthly problems. It is clear that few people want to go to the doctor to find out if you can run during menstruation. If during this period everything is normal on the part of women's health, then it is possible not to consult. However, it is highly advisable to go to the doctor in the following situations:
- irregular cycle
- strange color of discharge,
- different duration and intensity of menstruation,
- regular aching pain in critical days or aches throughout the body.
In all these cases there may be something wrong with the body. In order not to aggravate this problem with loads from running, you need to consult a doctor.
Is it possible to run during menstruation - arguments
When a woman begins the period of menstruation, the body can break out of the rhythm of the usual life. Многие представительницы слабого пола чувствуют головокружения, тошноту, слабость и дискомфорт в половых органах.
Is it worth in such periods of life to change your usual way of life, to refuse to take spot classes, including jogging? Are running training dangerous during a period when a woman has her period? What are the alternative ways of training during this period? Read about it in this article.
Sports and monthly
Very many modern girls and women are concerned about this question: Can I run during menstruation?
Nowadays, sport (and generally, a healthy lifestyle) is very popular. Therefore, the representatives of the weaker sex are happy to visit the gyms, athletic fields, stadiums, or make regular jogging in the park. Every year such girls and women become more and more.
However, during menstruation, due to the fact that the hormones are changing, there is a risk of disruption in the body's cardiovascular system. Increased blood pressure may also be observed, muscles may lose tone, and reactions may become slow. Also, the representatives of the weaker sex during this period may feel depressed, depressed, stressed ...
There are many different opinions about whether it is worth running during menstruation, because you should abandon training. Proponents of physical activity say that it is not necessary to skip workouts. Others, on the contrary, insist that all workouts should be stopped during this period. Which of them is right and why are these reasons related?
Physiological processes in the female body
In order to decide whether it is advisable to run during the menstruation period, it is necessary to take into account medical conditions.
You should first consult an experienced gynecologist if you intend to continue training during menstruation. This is because individual women may experience a variety of pathologies that interfere with sports during menstruation.
These pathologies are:
- acute and intense pain in the genital area on “critical days”.
- headache, very severe, as well as the presence of dizziness, a feeling that you can faint.
- very heavy discharge (large blood loss).
If you have at least one of the above symptoms, it is better to stop running for the time of “critical days”. And to establish the reasons why such pathologies manifested themselves.
At the same time, if your period passes with you almost imperceptibly without heavy discharge, severe pain and poor health, then you can not change your normal lifestyle.
It should be, perhaps, only a little to reduce physical exertion, since during physical activity the blood circulation is especially intensive, including in the area of organs responsible for the reproductive system. And since blood loss occurs during menstruation, oxygen starvation and head dizziness may appear, a girl may feel weak.
Interestingly, some medical examinations show: not too intense sports exercises (we emphasize - in a mild form) during the "critical days" can have an extremely positive impact on the process of menstruation.
The types of such small physical exercises include, for example, jogging.
However, one should not forget: since there is a lot of blood loss during menstruation, the body’s resources are limited. Overload them just not worth it. So all runners during the period of menstruation should reduce physical activity, reduce the pace, intensity of training, as well as the distance and time to overcome the distance.
Many girls and women, who do not stop training during menstruation, say that the process itself is much less noticeable and faster, the so-called PMS syndrome is much less pronounced. Almost not felt pain and other discomfort. However, you need to remember about the measure and not overload yourself with workouts.
It is best to run rhythmically, jog, but the interval running and acceleration, as well as running with weighting is better to postpone until later.
When not to run?
It is no secret that during the menstruation the body is renewed. However, for the body itself is quite a serious burden.
Therefore, the additional load in the form of sports (and jogging in the morning as well) is another reason for wasting energy and strength that the body needs in a given period of time. That is why most doctors say "no" when asked whether to continue running training during the "critical days".
In addition, according to some experts, the female body is not designed for such a load and may fail, which, in the first place, may affect the girl's reproductive function. Therefore, doctors recommend during menstruation to give the body a rest and at least a couple of days to give up training.
Monthly Tips for Running
If, after all, you made the decision to go jogging during “critical days”, we will give you some tips to make this process safer and more comfortable for you to feel.
- During cross-country workouts, you should choose sanitary pads or tampons with a high level of absorbency to prevent leaks. It is best to give preference to such options where there is a gel adsorbent.
- Particular attention should be paid to hygiene. After jogging a careful shower with soap or gel is a must. In addition, water has not only a cleansing effect, but also improves the body's tone and mood.
- the cervix during menstruation is ajar, so there is a danger that various harmful microorganisms will penetrate there. Therefore, special attention should be paid to hygiene, as mentioned above.
- during menstruation it is impossible to combine running with swimming, especially in open water, as well as visiting a bath or sauna, as this can adversely affect the intensity of menstrual flow and lead to weakness, dizziness or even anemia.
- should follow the diet, it is desirable to exclude spicy and fatty foods. However, should not overeat.
Also on the day of running classes should eat the following products:
- bitter chocolate,
- dried fruits,
- coffee or tea with sugar,
- fruits, juices.
All these products will help to saturate the body with essential nutrients and trace elements, as well as restore the strength that was spent on training.
In addition, during classes you should constantly listen to your body and monitor well-being. If there are any abnormalities, then it is recommended to stop classes and consult a gynecologist.
Alternative methods of training
There are several alternative options for running during “critical days”.It:
- cardio training at the gym,
- Pilates or yoga classes.
The latter type of physical activity is very useful because it contributes to internal massage, and it has a good effect on the state of the female body, especially during the “critical days” period. Oes here Running training during menstruation Link to the main publication
Running during menstruation: sort out the pros and cons
To keep fit, you have to go in for sports. For some of the fair sex, regular exercise is an integral part of life. However, during the period of menstruation a number of prohibitions are imposed on the woman. This is due to the weakening of the body these days.
To combat the extra kilos, many choose the cross. To run at monthly is possible only under certain conditions. Let's talk about this in more detail.
The main reasons for the ban
During the menstrual period, it is not recommended to subject your body to intensive training. Weakness and dizziness are the main contraindications to sports activities. It is important to understand why you can not run when the unpleasant symptoms of menstruation.
Cross on critical days is prohibited:
- with heavy discharge. Additional exercise will increase menstruation,
- spastic pains. The discomfort felt in the lower part of the gastrointestinal tract (the ovarian region) may increase,
- general malaise,
- weakness and feeling of body aches,
- monthly cycle violations.
It is impossible to run during the desquamation period in the presence of diseases of the urogenital system.
If, after running, the menstruating woman felt worse, she should undergo a gynecological examination.
If you are a professional athlete
We found that running training in the period of monthly discharge is allowed only in the absence of a pronounced pain syndrome. Despite the benefits of physical activity, these days sports activities should be short.
A woman who is professionally involved in sports should not spend more than 30 minutes on one running workout. If you exceed this limit, it is possible that the condition will worsen. The body, which is weakened during the menstrual period, is sensitive to any loads, therefore, in order to prevent overwork, the cross-country with a duration of more than 0.5 hours will have to be abandoned.
For professional athletes, short runs during menstruation are not only useful, but necessary. They help to stop discomfort.
Women who play sports regularly suffer discomfort during menstruation more easily.
According to the results of scientific research, endorphin, the hormone of joy, is produced in the body during exercise. This chemical has a positive effect not only on the well-being, but also on the person's mood. Therefore, you should not deny yourself a 30-minute run.
On which days you can give a small load
During the period of monthly discharge, it is impossible to exhaust your body with strength training even with good health. Otherwise, you can provoke excessive blood loss and increased pain. To prevent this from happening, it is important not only to perform strength exercises until the end of desquamation.
In the first days of menstruation it is not recommended to run, as the body is very weak during this period. On the third day of menstruation, blood loss is less abundant, therefore, in the absence of dizziness, malaise and pulling pain in the abdomen, you should not deny yourself a run.
Consider the basic recommendations for sports on critical days:
- Before training, you need to follow the availability of additional feminine hygiene products in your purse,
- should wear clothes made from natural, not synthetic fabrics. Thanks to her, it will be possible to avoid excessive sweating,
- forcing yourself to play sports is not necessary. In the absence of motivation and good mood, it is better to postpone the cross on critical days,
- It is not recommended to run for longer than 30 minutes
- do better in the fresh air, as this will saturate the blood with plenty of oxygen,
- if you feel unwell during the cross-country, the training should be completed.
Of course, keeping fit is important, but Reproductive health care should have a key place in every woman’s life.. Therefore, wanting to go for a run during menstruation, you need to carefully listen to your body.
Is it dangerous to run during menstruation?
Girls who are accustomed to watch their figure and are actively involved in sports are especially worried about the question: is it possible to run during menstruation? And it’s not for nothing, since “these days” bring about changes in the usual rhythm of women's life. That is why schoolgirls until the end of menstruation are freed from physical education lessons.
But is it important to stop running throughout the menstruation period for adult women? When it is possible, and when it is not necessary to turn a blind eye to the prohibitions? We will understand these issues as detailed as possible.
Can I run during the first days of menstruation?
For 1-2 days of menstruation, it is better to refuse to run, and give your body a rest. At the present time, a rather intense load is being created on it, it is not necessary to tire it and deplete it even more.
Running during menstruation is allowed from 3 days after they start. Then the body gains some strength, and the general condition is normalized.
One of the reasons why you should not run until the end of your period is the ability of this sport to lead to an increase in intra-abdominal pressure. This, in turn, can lead to a violation of the rejection and removal of the endometrium. This is the opinion of most gynecologists, so they should not be neglected.
Why is it useful to run during menstruation?
So, having figured out whether it is possible to run during the first days of menstruation, it is necessary to dwell on an equally important question: what is the use of running on “these” days?
Sport during menstruation is very useful. This is especially true of running.
If you run during this period correctly, you can get rid of menstrual pain in the lower abdomen and lower back, improve the psycho-emotional state, eliminate irritability and sleep problems.
Moreover, a rational approach to running contributes to the intensive production of endorphin - the hormone of happiness. In addition, small jogs relieve tension in the pelvic area, so jogging during menstruation is not only possible but necessary. Of course, if you do it wisely. And only if there are no strict bans.
How to run during menstruation correctly?
In order to run during the menstruation only brought benefits, you need to remember a few simple rules:
- Jogging should be done only at a slow pace. So, during menstruation, you can jog, and only for short distances.
- It must be remembered that physical activity should be feasible. Running should not cause a woman discomfort, discomfort or excessive muscle contraction in the pelvic area.
- You can run during menstruation, but not for long. You should not try to break the time record - this can only harm your own health.
And one more important nuance: you should not add any other exercises to the run. This will create an additional, absolutely unnecessary load on the body, which will only aggravate the condition of the woman during the critical days.
When you can not run during menstruation: contraindications
So, running during critical days is strictly prohibited if:
- there are heavy bleeding from the vagina,
- a woman suffers from severe cramps and lower abdominal pain,
- general malaise, weakness, dizzy spells, fever, extremity tremor,
- developed diseases, failures or deviations directly related to menstruation,
- pathologies of the genitourinary tract occur.
More about sports during menstruation >>
Whatever it was, and run during menstruation should only be after this opportunity will be discussed in detail with the gynecologist. If a “female” doctor deems it appropriate and necessary for the patient to stop running before the end of her period, his advice will need to be followed.
Only a specialist can assess the degree of risk, as well as tell about the possible consequences that excessive physical activity sometimes leads to during these “days”.
What can replace jogging during menstruation?
If the doctor categorically forbids running during menstruation, a woman should not be in a hurry to get upset, because there are several warrants that will help maintain normal physical activity during this period. These possible "substitutes" for running include:
- athletic walking
- a somewhat lightweight version of the morning exercise, with the exception of all abdominal exercises,
- stretching exercises
But even such seemingly innocuous sports activities require the woman to agree in advance on the possibility of holding them with the attending gynecologist. No exercise can be completely safe for health during critical days - neither running nor fitness, nor even yoga beloved by many girls. Therefore, before continuing classes during menstruation, it is necessary to think carefully: will they harm an already weakened organism?
No exercise can be completely safe for health during critical days - neither running nor fitness, nor even yoga beloved by many girls.
Therefore, before continuing classes during menstruation, it is necessary to think carefully: will they harm an already weakened organism?