About 80% of all women during menstruation feel poorly. One of the symptoms is the occurrence of dizziness during menstruation. This sign bothers almost half of the girls on Earth. That is why ways to combat the unpleasant manifestations of PMS are incredibly relevant.
The occurrence of dizziness before menstruation
If a woman notes dizziness and nausea before menstruation, it can be assumed that a hormonal failure has occurred in her body. This disrupts the concentration of such hormonal substances as progesterones and estrogens. Large amounts of bioavailability data reduce blood sugar levels, resulting in swelling in the limbs, excessive fluid is retained in the body, thereby causing dizziness.
The occurrence of dizziness during menstruation
Dizziness may occur during menstruation due to non-pathogenic causes, including: excessive body weight and the presence of bad habits such as smoking.
Sometimes the arising ailment is absolutely not associated with any violations in the activity of the organism and disappear on its own after the woman reaches 30 years of age, or after conception and childbirth.
What are the main causes of dizziness during menstruation?
In a diagnostic study, the gynecologist will first of all turn his attention to the presence or absence of the following factors capable of provoking poor health:
- Severe blood loss, excessive during menstruation.
- Hormonal disorders.
- Pathologies that are associated with changes in pressure.
- Iron deficiency, hemoglobin.
- Chronic migraine.
Arising dizziness is not always evidence of serious problems in the female body. If the symptoms are mild at the usual time, and clearly appear immediately before the onset of menstruation, then you should not panic. A doctor's check is required if vomiting and a strong feeling of discomfort occurs. The specialist will help determine the true causes of feeling unwell and prescribe a therapy to help eliminate the pathological condition.
In addition, it should be remembered that the delay in menstruation with nausea and dizziness can be a sign of pregnancy.
Causes of illness after menstruation
Most often, dizziness during menstruation does not surprise anyone. But why such a symptom may occur after the end of critical days?
This can occur due to a deficiency of hemoglobin in the blood, as well as due to the deviation of pressure from the norm.
In addition, low hemoglobin can cause dizziness and nausea to occur during menstruation. In this case, there is a lack of nutrition of the brain with oxygen, in connection with which the woman is feeling unwell, she has problems with orientation in space and balance.
So, now it is clear why dizziness occurs before menstruation.
PMS Symptom Classification
If during and after menstruation dizziness and nausea are observed, then the symptoms, depending on the pathologies of NA and cardiovascular system, can be of two types:
- Central type. In this case, the symptoms are characterized by impaired brain activity due to edema and hypoxia. The cause of this phenomenon often becomes a sharp narrowing and expansion of vascular structures in the initial period of menstruation.
- Peripheral type. They do not arise because of menstruation, but because of the development of pathologies of the inner ear or the vestibular apparatus.
Given the frequency of occurrence of dizziness are distinguished:
- Systemic symptoms. It occurs during each menstruation due to the imbalance of hormones in the body and the pathologies of the vestibular apparatus.
- Non-systemic symptoms. Such manifestations are not characteristic of each menstruation. They can develop unexpectedly due to the fact that an overload of the organism has occurred, there are neurogenic diseases, an increase in the level of hormones, a deficit of blood glucose is noted.
In addition to dizziness, other symptoms may occur during menstruation.
Symptoms related PMS
As a rule, premenstrual syndrome is accompanied not only by the appearance of dizziness, but also by other symptoms. The occurrence of mild discomfort before the onset of menstruation allows a woman to prepare in advance, so this situation should not cause concern. On the contrary, bleeding, accompanied by dizziness and soreness, as well as other uncharacteristic signs are a signal of the need to consult a doctor.
In different women, premenstrual syndrome may manifest itself by various signs, including:
- Constipation, diarrhea.
- Blood pressure jumps.
- Disorder for a minor occasion, mood swings.
- Fatigue, drowsiness, general lethargy.
- Pain in the head, which often occurs only on one side, is aggravated by light, due to loud noises.
- Vomiting, nausea.
- Minor hyperthermia (up to 37 degrees).
- Disturbed orientation in space, in some cases, a state of faintness and loss of consciousness.
The feeling of weakness, dizziness during menstruation and nausea can be alleviated by performing simple actions. If a woman feels unwell, she should:
- Breathe deeply.
- Take a comfortable position in a chair or lie down.
- Loosen the collar, belt, if they create an obstacle to normal breathing.
- Urgently air the room.
Such simple techniques will allow the brain to re-supply oxygen, which will significantly reduce unpleasant symptoms.
Gynecologists do not recommend self-treatment for such ailments. If a woman's head is spinning regularly before the onset of menstruation, then she needs to consult with the gynecologist, who will prescribe the necessary diagnostics and determine the cause of the occurrence of pathological symptoms.
As a rule, doctors recommend women the following drugs:
- Complexes of vitamins and minerals. “Vitrum” and “Magne B6” have a positive effect on women's health. The impact of these drugs is that they normalize the reproductive and endocrine characteristics of the female body.
- Painkillers. The most popular drug is "No-Shpa." Analgesics are indispensable for pain in the head or stomach.
- Nausea blockers. For example, “Zeercal”, “Dramina”.
- Antihistamine medications.
- Hormonal drugs. Such drugs can normalize hormone levels in just one month.
If during menstruation there is a slight dizziness and weakness, experts do not object to the use of traditional medicine. The main condition is a careful selection of funds in order to avoid the development of allergic reactions.
When nervousness, nausea and dizziness during menstruation will help:
- Clover. You need 40 g of the flowers of the plant to pour half a liter of vodka and insist for two weeks. Take the infusion should be 15 minutes before a meal, on an empty stomach, 40 drops.
- Mint. It is necessary to pour 40 g of dry mint with boiling water, then insist one hour. Apply the infusion should be 75 ml three times a day.
- Juices. Eliminate dizziness during menstruation will help natural juices of beets, carrots, pomegranate. When they are used, the level of iron in the blood is normalized, hemoglobin deficiency is prevented.
- Lime tea. To maintain the normal hormonal balance will tea based on ginger and linden.
- Sea Kale It contributes to saturation of the body with iodine, as a result of which the thyroid gland functions correctly.
- Fish fat. Especially recommended for adolescents, as it nourishes the body with useful elements, strengthens its system before the onset of menstruation.
The need to consult a doctor
Signs typical for PMS do not require urgent therapy. However, if uncharacteristic symptoms occur, it is better not to delay a visit to the gynecologist. Contact the doctor as soon as possible if the following violations are noted:
- Severe cramps in the lower abdomen.
- Fainting, situations when dizziness begins after menstruation.
- Hyperthermia, joint cramps, increased sweating.
- Chronic headache.
- Nausea, growing into vomiting.
- Breathing problems, swelling, allergic reactions.
- Permanent lack of sleep.
- Nervous tics.
Prevention of nausea and dizziness during menstruation
To prevent the occurrence of nausea and dizziness during menstruation can, if you follow some preventive measures:
- Avoid stress.
- To observe a diet, to refuse smoked, fat, fried, sweet.
- Lead an active lifestyle, properly relax.
- Control the vitamin balance.
- Avoid excessive physical strain.
- Get rid of bad habits.
- Take regular walks in the fresh air.
- Drink green tea with ginger.
At the onset of menstruation, you can resort to such physiotherapeutic procedures as:
- Therapy with mineral waters.
However, it should be remembered that such therapy can be carried out only under the supervision of a specialist.
Thus, dizziness after menstruation, as well as before and during, is not uncommon for many women. And only in rare cases does it indicate the presence of pathology in the body. If the symptom appears constantly and not strongly expressed, then therapeutic and prophylactic measures will help to eliminate it. If negative manifestations occur unexpectedly and unstable, you should consult with the gynecologist.
We considered why there is nausea and dizziness during menstruation.
Hormones - the cause of dizziness during menstruation
To combat dizziness during menstruation was as effective as possible, it is very important to correctly determine its causes. The appearance of painful symptoms is often the result of hormonal disorders.
The fact is that before the start of critical days, blood corpuscles are actively produced. As a result, hemoglobin decreases, and in some cases the body fails to quickly restore its previous level.
In such a situation, the brain is faced with a lack of oxygen, which leads to dizziness and weakness, nausea and other symptoms.
In addition, the deterioration of the health of a woman is associated with severe pain in the lower abdomen and pressure drops, which are also characteristic of premenstrual syndrome.
To relieve these unpleasant symptoms, you can use special medicines.
The main characteristics of the symptoms
Every second woman who turns to a gynecologist asks the question “Why is it dizzy during menstruation?” The answer may depend on several factors. Dizziness before menstruation has 2 reasons:
- The normal physiological process, during which there is a change in the production and release of steroid female hormones in the blood - the level of estrogen increases, and progesterone decreases. As a result, vascular dilation occurs, nauseous and dizzy.
- Pathological process caused by impaired functionality of the endocrine glands, blood vessels, circulatory system or female reproductive organs.
In order to find out the true cause of the discomfort symptoms, you must contact the antenatal clinic and undergo a full examination. To avoid unhealthy conditions it is necessary that the body "worked like a clock."
Normal physiological process during menstruation
A healthy process is the 28-day menstrual cycle (normally can vary from 21 to 35 days) and small deviations in general condition before regulation (menstruation) or at the beginning of monthly bleeding, which do not cause a woman too much anxiety:
- deterioration of mood (not to be confused with psychosis),
- aching or pulling unpleasant sensations in the lower abdomen and lower back, not causing unbearable pain,
- increase or decrease in appetite.
If there are more symptoms, they are significantly expressed and cause painful feelings for a woman, you need to contact a antenatal clinic for the help of a specialist, especially when intolerable phenomena recur every month. This means that the body signals a functional failure in some system.
In 80% of women aged 20 to 40, periods are painful with the presence of premenstrual syndrome. Half of them have painful conditions that need to be treated. Only 10–15% of the female population are completely healthy and are not disturbed by the ICP and the menstruation period.
Main symptoms of PMS:
- dizziness, headaches,
- lethargy, exhaustion, lack of desire to do anything,
- painful breast augmentation
- sharp drops in mood, nervousness, irascibility, attacks of hysteria (cases on the eve of menstruation),
- feeling hungry or lack of appetite
- pain in the lower abdomen and lower back,
- nausea, vomiting,
- bloating, breaking stools,
- a sudden desire for intimacy or lack of it.
Depending on the individuality, a woman may have several signs of premenstrual syndrome, which appear on 21-25 days of menstruation. If a woman has more than 5–6 signs in unbearable form, it is necessary to immediately contact a gynecologist for a complete examination and elimination of a provoking source.
Nausea and dizziness during menstruation may be triggered by:
- endocrine system - an excessive decrease in progesterone and an increase in estrogen, as a result: heavy bleeding, dilation of blood vessels, high blood pressure, flatulence, mood swings, decrease in blood sugar levels,
- the hematopoietic system - hemoglobin and iron in the blood are reduced, as a result, the body lacks oxygen and, as a result, it can feel dizzy and nauseous,
- cardiovascular system - reduction of vascular tone and elasticity, blood pressure jumps, impaired blood circulation, atherosclerosis,
- reproductive system - inflammatory processes, neoplasms can stimulate the secretion or reduction of steroid hormones in a woman's body.
An independent diagnosis and treatment will definitely not work, since the problem can be identified only after passing the complex of laboratory tests.
Elimination of premenstrual symptoms
One can finally get rid of unpleasant symptoms only after preventive measures, adherence to a healthy lifestyle and medical treatment. However, it is possible to alleviate low-intensity signs that occur in rare cases.
Vertigo during menstruation can be eliminated by relaxing and supplying fresh air, open a window or balcony frame, free the collar area, lie down and try to inhale deeply the air with the chest and abdomen in order to saturate the body with oxygen. To get rid of vascular spasm, you can drink 2 tablets "No-shpy" or "Drotaverina."
Observing elementary rules will help you to feel better already in the first weeks and eliminate dizziness before menstruation.
- It is necessary to give up bad habits: smoking causes a spasm of blood vessels, which can provoke dizziness, alcohol expands them and causes hypertension.
- It should spend more time outdoors, walking with children, loved ones or pets. Daily evening walks over 1 hour will contribute to a better state of health.
- Simple exercise will help to improve blood circulation and strengthen the abdominal muscles.
- From training and excessive physical. loads better at the time of abandon.
- Be sure to learn to calmly respond to stress.
- Compliance with the schedule and a healthy sleep for about 8 hours a day will help to more balancedly respond to nervous shocks.
- A balanced diet is another key to health, especially if some menstrual symptoms persist after menstruation after menstruation.
- Strong tea and coffee is desirable to exclude from the menu at least for the regulatory period.
- Drink per day 2 liters of pure water.
To maintain your body is to drink a course of vitamins and minerals, useful trace elements will provide emergency help depleted body.
What drugs are prescribed by doctors?
In each individual case, the gynecologist prescribes different medications, most often used:
- drugs that normalize hormonal background - Prajisan, Utrozhestan, Duphaston.
- combined oral contraceptives that support hormones are normal.
In any case, only the doctor after examining the test results can select the right drug.
Help folk medicine to eliminate symptoms
Folk remedies have long helped in the treatment and health promotion, they also effectively cope with unpleasant phenomena before, during or after menstruation.
- Alcoholic infusion of flowers clover - 1 tablespoon of the ingredient poured 1 cup of vodka, insist 2 weeks. Drink 40 drops in a quarter of an hour before meals.
- Tincture of lemon balm - 1 tbsp. l dry plants pour 1 tbsp. boiling water for 60 minutes, then filtered and take 0.5 cups 3 times a day before meals.
- Infusion hawthorn fruit - 1 tbsp. l dry berries should be poured 250 ml of boiling water and infuse for 2 hours, then strain and drink 30-40 grams 3 times a day before meals.
- Tincture of Hypericum - 20 grams of component pour 1 tbsp. water 100˚C and insist 2 hours, then filtered and consumed according to ⅓ Art. 3 times a day before meals.
It is necessary to use as many natural vitamins as possible: B, E, calcium, magnesium, iron and iodine, which are found in liver, milk, eggs, pomegranate, apples, buckwheat, eggs, walnuts, etc.
You can improve your body yourself by following simple rules. If discomfort occurs systematically, you do not need to delay, it is better to consult a doctor as soon as possible for qualified help.
Menstruation: dizziness and its causes
Dizziness during menstruation occurs in almost 70% of women. And the reasons most often have no direct connection with the process itself. Besides the fact that this can contribute to the drop in blood pressure and migraine, it can be an elemental abuse of drugs. And even stress.
Interesting! Proven,what dizzy(vertigo)before the menstruation, in the process or after them is caused not only by the expansion of the vessels, but also the releaseomlarge amounts of female hormones in the blood.
Most often in the first phase of menstruation, women experience:
Often, a few days before menstruation, women can gain a few pounds of excess weight, but this is entirely individual and can be a fairly quick phenomenon. If you feel dizzy with menstruation infrequently or quickly, then there is no reason for panic, and you just need to wait it out.
But if nausea and dizziness during menstruation are permanent and bring serious inconvenience, then you should not postpone your visit to the doctor.
The menstrual cycle is normal for the female body, but it is in its active phase that the balance of progesterone, estrogen and other biological substances is disturbed:
- Estrogen growth is a decrease in blood sugar and, as a result, swelling, weight gain, headaches, dizziness,
- progesterone deficiency also provokes swelling, weight gain, headaches and vertigo,
- The hemoglobin's increased costs to recover lost blood forms its deficiency, which means that it is a lack of oxygen, which leads to dizziness, nausea, weakness.
More than others dizziness worries women:
- with excess weight,
- with mood swings,
- with a penchant for stress,
- living in metropolitan areas.
Interesting! Often after a childbirth or 30 years, a woman notices that all the negative signs of menstruation have gone away, and scientists attribute this to the normalization of hormone levels.
Why, before menstruation, are they dizzy and nauseated, but what to do with it? Unfortunately, it is impossible to completely remove the PMS symptoms. However, it can be significantly reduced. If dizzy these days, you need:
- lie down or sit comfortably
- get fresh air or ensure its inflow into the room,
- undo the tight collar,
- make some deep entrances so that enough oxygen enters the brain,
- when you feel dizzy or during menstruation you feel sick, you need to take 10 drops of a weak solution of atropine,
- painful spasms will remove the tablet no-shpy,
- increased nervousness is removed by taking tranquilizers or sedative medications,
- observe drinking mode, so as not to disturb the water balance in the body.
It happens that even after menstruation it becomes sick and / or dizzy, and not only in the active phase. Most often, this is solved quite simply, but it requires serious effort on your part. And any prevention needs to begin with a change in diet, because it is through him that our body gets all the nutrients.
Negative symptoms pass faster if at least a week your diet is enriched with apples, dishes from the liver and buckwheat, bitter chocolate and complex carbohydrates.
Interesting! These days, metabolism is greatly accelerated,and the body spends more calories than usual, so you can slightly increaseuml calorie diet, but without fanaticism.
Those who have nausea and dizziness during menstruation should observe the following rules:
- Reduce both physical and mental stress.
- Avoid stressful situations and try to avoid them.
- Spend most of your time outside or in well-ventilated areas.
- Completely give up alcohol and strong coffee.
- The amount of salt, salted and smoked products is reduced to a minimum.
Help pass vertigo special gymnastics, in which there is an active production of endorphins. They will raise your mood and increase the pain threshold, which will reduce your pain.
That is why athletes and women with an active lifestyle rarely experience negative PMS symptoms.
When menstruation that you need to drink to remove vertigo? If the doctor has not prescribed medication, you can use the recipes of traditional medicine:
- Infusion clover, which is prepared from 20 grams of a dry plant and a glass of vodka. He insists 2 weeks in a dark place and take 30 drops 3 times a day.
- A decoction of 20 grams of dry lemon balm or Hypericum and a glass of water insist an hour, drink 50 ml three times a day.
- Decoction of plantain, prepared from 20 grams of dry plants and a glass of water, drink before bedtime with a teaspoon of meadow honey.
- Brew a teaspoon of dried parsley seeds in a glass of boiling water. Insist the night. Drink a third cup three times a day.
- Replace the usual tea on the infusion of hawthorn fruit, which is insisted in a thermos night.
- Make a dry mix of a 100-gram pack of mint, half a pack of white peony roots and linden flowers. 20 grams of this mixture insist in 500 ml of boiling water overnight. Drink 100 grams 30 minutes before meals.
- Brew 20 grams of dry nettle in 100 ml of boiling water. Allow to cool by wrapping it. After that, mix with natural apple juice and drink 50 ml 15 minutes before meals three times a day.
- Mix 10 grams of valerian root and peppermint leaves. Pour with cold water (about 500 ml) and boil for a quarter of an hour after boiling. Pour a tablespoon of instant coffee and mix in a 30-gram stack 3 times a day.
- Enrich your diet with beetroot, pomegranate, carrot juice. Drink plenty of ginger and lime tea with sprigs of lemon balm.
- Enter in the daily menu of sea kale, which will saturate the body with such nutrients as phosphorus and iodine. Without them, the work of the vestibular apparatus is seriously complicated.
Vertigo before menstruation as a concomitant symptom - it is always unpleasant, but it becomes dangerous when nausea and vomiting are associated with it. Do not ignorevertigowhen it becomes a frequent monthly companion.
A trip to the doctor will allow you to identify its real cause and eliminate it, which will significantly improve your health and health.
Types of ailments during the menstrual period
For dizziness before menstruation are responsible immediately several systems of the female body: vascular and nervous function.
Disruption of one of them can cause various ailments. Therefore, when the first symptoms of pathology should consult a doctor, be examined.
There are two types of vertigo:
- Central - observed in the presence of puffiness, lack of pure oxygen. When menstruation is nauseous, dizzy - the vessels narrow (PMS syndrome).
- Peripheral disease - mostly with “hard” days is not associated. The main reason for such a violation is inflammation of the inner ear or problems with the vestibular apparatus.
Sometimes dizziness occurs before menstruation. Causes that are often not related to this and can only intensify during PMS. Vertigo can be both systemic and periodic in nature.
Persistent ailments sometimes occur, but then disappear. The intensity of their manifestation often increases once a month, when normal hormonal disruptions occur in the female body, and the functioning of the vestibular system is disturbed. During changes in atmospheric pressure and temperature, seizures can worsen during a full moon.
Non-systemic ailments occur when excessive loads or lack of glucose in the human body, the normal level of fluid.
In order for dizziness, when menstruation takes place, after menstruation does not cause trouble, it is recommended to drink about 2 liters of water, and also to restore the level of glucose, due to which the brain is fed.
Vertigo on critical days: the origin of pathology
Dizzy before menstruation, during them for various reasons. Among which are the following:
- severe blood loss
- lack of hemoglobin, iron,
- pressure drop,
- systematic bouts of headaches
- constant stress.
Vertigo often occurs when an imbalance of female hormones: estrogen and progesterone. With an elevated estrogen concentration, the serum sugar content decreases, there are headaches, swelling, nausea and dizziness during menstruation. Insufficient levels of progesterone - the main cause of fluid retention in the human body, weight gain, migraine.
In addition, menstruation passes with sufficient blood loss, while hemoglobin is used to form blood cells, which causes its deficiency. As a result, oxygen starvation occurs in the brain, the head feels sick and dizzy, apathy appears to everything.
Overweight women who are constantly experiencing stress, undergoing a change of mood, and living in megalopolises, suffer more from ailments. After childbirth or upon reaching 30 years of age, symptoms accompanying the menstrual cycle may pass.
When you need to ask for help from a doctor
If menstruation is constantly accompanied by unpleasant feelings, you should immediately contact a specialist. It is recommended to be examined by a gynecologist if:
- the discomfort increases not only during the "bloody" discharge, but also after they have passed,
- there are headaches of a different nature, the woman is constantly nauseous, during the day, there is severe vomiting,
- there is symptomatic evidence of the presence of an inflammatory process - hyperhidrosis, hyperthermia, chills, aches,
- signs indicate the presence of infection - discharge has a peculiar smell, burning and itching, pain during urination,
- pains healed, do not pass after taking analgesics, antispasmodics.
Only a thorough diagnosis will help determine the cause of what is happening: why dizzy during menstruation and after them, the origin of vomiting, nausea and other symptoms.
The main signs of pathology
Women with gynecological ailments, hormonal disruptions and psycho-emotional overloads with PMS, in addition to dizziness, complain of other symptoms:
- tearfulness, depression, disgust for his body, lack of attention efficiency,
- inappropriate, aggressive behavior, an explosion of various emotions,
- bitterness, irritability, incontinence,
- passing vomiting, weakness and slight nausea,
- bloating, diarrhea,
- craving for alcohol, tantrums,
- headaches, intense nature,
- anxiety, sleep disorder,
- pain in the side, cramps.
Such a clinical picture may indicate an imbalance of sex hormones, disorders of the pituitary gland, ovaries.
Basic preventive measures
Proved recommendations will help prevent vertigo, nausea during menstruation:
- green ginger tea
- long walks,
- giving up alcohol these days, loads,
- taking multivitamin complexes
- quality rest,
- eliminate fried, fatty foods, smoked meats, sweets,
- avoid stress.
Balneotherapy, therapeutic and prophylactic massage, and restorative acupuncture have proved themselves to be on critical days. But such procedures should be entrusted to specialists.
Dizziness, nausea during menstruation is often quite normal, but sometimes indicates the presence of a pathological process occurring in the body of a woman. Therefore, do not need to get involved in the advice of friends, traditional medicine: only by determining the cause of this condition, you can get rid of unpleasant sensations, pain with bleeding.
What happens in the body
Before the menstrual period, a variety of processes occur that strongly affect the state of health. The entire first half of the cycle in a woman of child-bearing age is imperceptible externally, but very active internal preparation for the likely occurrence of pregnancy.
In the absence of conception in the period of ovulation after the death of the egg, reverse processes occur. In the female reproductive system, the inner lining of the uterus is thinning and degrading (which was prepared for embryo introduction), the rate of hormone production changes.
In the end, the upper layer of the uterine membrane - the endometrium - is separated from the organ and goes out with the blood from the ruptured vessels. So comes the menstruation.
This list of physiological changes is far from complete, but all transformations of the organism as a whole lead to the following consequences:
- The balance of hormones, especially sex, is changing. This entails a restructuring of the internal organs, the accumulation of fluid in the tissues (so for this period you can gain 2-3 additional kilograms). The developing imbalance is reflected in mental processes, so the mood can deteriorate or change dramatically, as often happens with PMS.
- Directly during menstruation, especially on the first day, the body loses some blood. The volume of blood in the bloodstream is changing, and its composition: the lost red blood cells begin to be replaced with new ones. At this time, reduced iron stores and decreases the activity of supplying tissues with oxygen. Because of the periodic expansion and contraction of blood vessels, arterial pressure jumps, weakness, dizziness develops, and nausea.
- If the situation is exacerbated by the impact of any stress, trauma, illness, such phenomena may manifest themselves even more clearly due to the weakening of the body.
The manifestation of the syndrome
Among the manifestations of menstrual syndrome, a woman is most worried about pain in the lower abdomen and the fact that nausea and dizziness appear during menstruation. Often this is limited to a fleeting whirling of the head and a slight indisposition.
In other cases, the sensations are much stronger: the head can be intensely spinning during any movements, sometimes it is even vomiting. Different people have an aggravation of these symptoms at different times: someone has dizziness before menstruation, someone has dizzy after menstruation.
At such symptoms should always pay close attention. It is necessary to trace the pattern when exactly dizziness occurs with nausea, nausea is associated with food intake or not. All these nuances will be useful for identifying the causes of indisposition, if it becomes so disturbing that you have to go to the doctor.
Firstly, the strong unpleasant symptoms must be eliminated, and secondly, they can be mistakenly perceived as premenstrual malaise, and in fact be a sign of some illness or other particular physiological condition. In particular, if dizziness appears after menstruation, the reasons may be hiding in the ensuing pregnancy.
Especially you need to listen to your body if systemic vertigo occurs, when the symptom recurs regularly and even has a special aura - a complex of manifestations preceding the development of indisposition. In this case, it is necessary to go to the doctor, because the reason for such a deviation is a violation of the vestibular apparatus, endocrine diseases, brain pathology.
How to deal with malaise
When menstruation is nauseous and dizzy, and the stomach hurts, it is impossible to fully perform any work and concentrate on it. Therefore, you need to learn how to deal with such manifestations in order to minimize their harm to health, and know what to do if a woman suddenly feels bad and has a very dizzy headache during menstruation.
If you suddenly feel dizzy and have nausea during menstruation, you need to ensure free access of oxygen, because such manifestations may indicate a lack of hemoglobin and oxygen starvation developing in the brain. A scarf and a tight collar are best removed from the neck, unbuttoning warm clothing.
It is desirable to measure the pressure, because suddenly dizzy during menstruation and during its sudden drops. If the indicators are outside the normal range, it is necessary to normalize the state by taking the medicine (which one, you need to find out from the doctor).
При таком самочувствии рекомендуется принять горизонтальное положение, ведь в положении лежа улучшается кровоснабжение мозга и поступление к нему кислорода.
In moments of exacerbation, you need to relax and stop any vigorous activity. You should not be close to dangerous objects or at a height: due to loss of balance you can fall and get serious injuries.
If the condition is very bad and further worsens, other symptoms are added, you need to contact the doctors for help. Such a strong indisposition can be a sign of other diseases for which full diagnosis and special treatment is necessary.
In particular, the presence of discharge and sharp abdominal pain may indicate rupture of a cyst or ectopic pregnancy.
A woman who occasionally has dizziness every month should always have with her a number of medications recommended by a doctor that may be needed at any time during critical days.
- Antispasmodics - if you feel dizzy before menstruation due to muscle or vascular spasms.
- Means for pressure stabilization, selected depending on its changes.
- When menstrual migraine or stress occurs, you may need sedative pills, but only as directed by your doctor.
- Medications for nausea - if nausea is severely disturbed during menstruation.
- Hormonal drugs. You should be extremely careful with them and in no case should you take them in order not to disrupt the menstrual cycle.
The dosage and specific drug prescribed only by a doctor!
Support the body without medication
Improve well-being in critical days can be in other ways:
- Stroll frequently.
- Load yourself less with active work.
- Get enough sleep.
- Do not lift weights.
- Less worry.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Eat right. After menstruation, dizziness due to blood loss decreases if you drink pomegranate juice, eat beets, mulberries, apples, chocolate. Do not abuse the heavy, salty, fried foods, especially when during menstruation sick.
- Drink a sufficient amount of liquid, and give preference to fresh juices, compotes or pure water.
- Medicines prescribed for the treatment of other diseases should be taken only in the dosage specified by the doctor. This will help avoid irregular menstruation.
Such methods of support will be useful in any case, but in the presence of complications and concomitant ailments they cannot be limited, a full-fledged targeted treatment should be carried out.
It is accurate to find out why dizzy during menstruation and whether an indisposition can be a sign of illness, only a doctor can. Therefore, the occurrence of unpleasant symptoms in each subsequent cycle should be a reason to contact your gynecologist for diagnosis.
To maintain women's health, it is always advisable to eat right, not to forget about sufficient physical activity and stress prevention, and not to arrange emergency treatment only during exacerbations.
Sports contributes to the stabilization of hormone production and the harmonious functioning of all physiological systems, as well as prevents failures in their work.