Health should be balanced. It is important not to worry too much about the little things, but also not to turn a blind eye to the symptoms, which may initially seem insignificant.
Each girl is obliged to follow the course of the menstrual cycle - its duration, volume of discharge and other indicators. If, instead of the usual bleeding on the first day of menstruation, a woman suddenly sees a brown discharge, the question arises: “What is it? Just a minor trifle or a reason to get seriously worried? "
The normal nature of menstruation
Each woman can have their own characteristics as regards the cycle. You should not consider a problem to be some factor, if it distinguishes you, for example, from your girlfriend. Some characteristics of all healthy women are the same.
Normal monthly should:
- Be red,
- Have no smell
- Have a volume of discharge of about 30-60 ml per day.
If a woman noticed a brown color on the first day of her period, then something definitely happens in her body. Serious or not? See a doctor or wait for the next period to watch their character?
Let's try to deal with the causes that can provoke the appearance of brown secretions during menstruation. Let's talk about what can be done.
Some reasons and your actions
If brown secretions began on the first day of menstruation, do not panic, but analyze some of the reasons why such a change may be caused.
- Pregnancy. In a situation where a woman has sex regularly and does not use contraception, pregnancy is a very likely factor. In this case, menstruation may linger and after a while there will be discharge, taken for menstruation. In this case, the selection of brown color can talk about the accomplished conception and consolidation of the embryo in the endometrium of the uterus. To verify this, it is worth buying a pregnancy test. Perhaps you are the future mother. Whether it is for concern or not is up to you.
- Ectopic pregnancy. If the discharge of brown on the first day of menstruation is accompanied by severe pain in the lower abdomen, this can be dangerous. Confirmed fear or not, abnormal color of discharge and pain - symptoms that are more than enough for a visit to the doctor. An ectopic pregnancy can be fatal, so you shouldn’t delay with actions.
- Heavy loads. Many women are constantly overworked for a certain period of time. This can lead to a number of menstrual irregularities. If on the first day of menstruation the color of discharge differs from the usual one, then the reason for this may be an overly active lifestyle. If a woman has a habit of traveling a lot, going hiking and getting adrenaline in various ways, then this pleasure should be limited. The body makes it clear that such a load is not “on the shoulder”. Any severe or prolonged stress can trigger a brown discharge on the first day of menstruation. In this case, it would not be superfluous to contact a specialist and begin the use of sedatives.
- Medication. If the monthly period has just begun, and you observe brown discharge, this can be caused by taking certain medications. It is worth analyzing the situation. Since the discharge has changed its character for the first time, have you started using any medications since the last menstruation? Many women who wanted to become slimmer, began taking diet pills. This led to malfunctioning of the reproductive system and instead of the usual discharge on the first day of menstruation they got brown marks on linen. At the time of refusing to take new drugs and consult with a specialist - an excellent solution that can help establish normal menstruation.
- Hormonal contraceptive. If you have recently started taking new hormonal pills to prevent pregnancy, then your period may start with unusual, brown secretions. Acclimatization of the body to drugs occurs a certain period, and soon menstruation will become habitual. If dark discharge does not stop, then you need to consult a doctor.
When excretions speak of diseases?
Sometimes the appearance of brown discharge on the first day of menstruation may indicate the development of serious diseases of the genital organs. In such cases, health is in great danger. To avoid the sad consequences, noticing that something is amiss in the work of the body, it is necessary, immediately, to see a doctor. It is better to be overly cautious than to pay for the self-confidence of life. What diseases can tell monthly brown tint?
- Endothermite. So called inflammatory processes in the uterus. In this disease, brown vaginal discharge can be seen by a woman not only on the first day of menstruation, but throughout the entire menstrual cycle.
- Endometritis. The disease occurs due to the proliferation of cells of the inner layer of the uterus in the muscle tissue of the organ.
- The appearance of uterine polyps. This disease is provoked by inflammatory processes and hormonal disorders. At the same time, the mucous membrane of the organ suffers. Dark-brown discharge may be one of the symptoms of this disease.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. This disease can make a woman infertile. If the brown discharge on the first day of menstruation bothers you is not the first cycle, it is urgent to go to the gynecologist for examination.
Consultation of specialists is obligatory in almost all cases when brownish discharges appear during menstruation, instead of the usual bleeding. Most often, this phenomenon speaks of disorders in the body. Now consider the situations in which dark discharge does not serve as a cause for excessive anxiety.
How old are you?
In girls, the nature of menstruation may vary from month to month. This trend continues for a year after menahra (first menstruation). Given the constant hormonal changes in the maturing body, it is not necessary to overreact to the appearance of brown discharge instead of normal monthly bleeding.
You do not need to be too puzzled, and women aged 38-45 years, when the premenopause period. At this time, the body also undergoes significant changes. The menstrual cycle becomes unstable, and the monthly comes “once through time”. The appearance of dark secretions may be the result of hormonal imbalances inherent in this age.
In any case, do not be too self-confident. If the dark-brown discharge on the first day of menstruation continues for a long period and is accompanied by additional unpleasant symptoms, it is impossible to delay the visit to the gynecologist!
What can speak of the color of discharge before the onset of menstruation?
Often, brown discharge before menstruation can scare women strongly enough. In fact, there are no special reasons to be nervous. First you need to establish the specific causes of the existing condition, whether it is a pathology. Doctors recommend to pay attention to the associated symptoms. Are there any painful sensations before starting such a discharge? In the process? It is also necessary to take into account the presence of signs of general malaise: fever and chills, weakness and dizziness, nausea and desire to sleep, even with a normal number of hours of sleep in the day, other signs.
In a brown or black shade of selection can be stained with blood. This happens at the very beginning of menstruation. That is, if menstruation begins with the appearance of a small amount of such discharge, everything is in order. Similarly, if the cycle ends, it means the final cleansing of the uterus. Also, ovulation is sometimes manifested in a similar way.
When is it ok
A variant of the norm is such a selection, especially if the woman decided to change the type of contraception. The body begins to rebuild a new drug. However, if this reaction continues for more than three months in a row, we can already speak of reasons for concern. Usually this means the need to select another means.
It is also advisable to check with the gynecologist for the presence of infectious diseases and other disorders. Sometimes brown discharge after hard sex. This may be evidence of trauma to the mucous. The likelihood of this increases, if the woman was not excited, for example. The probability of the appearance of different secretions after the onset of sexual activity (loss of virginity) is quite high.
What are the reasons for a brown discharge?
Let's talk about those cases where the brown discharge before the onset of menstruation due to pathology. This is about:
- Inflammatory processes in the vagina. Usually, the discharge is light brown in color, often accompanied by fever and a sensation of distention, pain and itching. It is characteristic of thrush. as well as gonorrhea, microflora imbalance, a number of other infectious diseases,
- Endometritis, both chronic and acute, is able to manifest a variety of secretions. The latter may become more noticeable before the onset of menstruation,
- Diseases of the cervix. Brown discharge may be combined with pinkish. Often appear after having sex, but not all women are able to immediately pay attention to it. Many are too relaxed, and women also often go to the shower after the perfect act, so any discharge is washed off,
- These symptoms cannot be ignored, as they may indicate both cervical erosion and cancer,
- When conducting an active sex life, discharge accompanied by itching, burning, and dryness in the vagina may indicate infection of the infection transmitted from the sexual partner. Check guesses, as well as install a specific pathogen will help the delivery of tests. We remind you that this can be done in most modern anonymous centers for free,
Brown discharge instead of menstruation during pregnancy can be one of the characteristic manifestations of the conception. Scientifically, this is called implant bleeding,
- In some cases, such a discharge may indicate the presence of an endometrial polyp,
- Salpingitis or inflammation of the fallopian tubes. The clinical picture is also complemented by pulling pains in the abdomen, periodic chills. Appetite decreases noticeably, severe fatigue, rather unpleasant sensations when urinating.
What to do if instead of menstruation - brown discharge?
Brown daub instead of menstruation is directly dependent on whether a woman has an active sex life or not. In the first case, such symptoms can be a sign of serious sexually transmitted infections. This is also evidence of pregnancy.
In the absence of sexual activity, one can suspect one of the pathologies of the uterus, already mentioned in the reasons for the appearance of the corresponding discharge. In addition, an ovarian cyst can lead to a similar condition. Sometimes polycystic is manifested.
Sometimes these secretions indicate the beginning of early menopause. The normal period of menopause is after forty-five years. In the region of 30, an early menopause may occur. due to a serious lack of nutrients in youth, diseases, strong hormonal disorders, puberty pathologies, deeply experienced stress, other causes. Modern medicine allows you to postpone the premature onset of menopause with timely treatment.
How is the diagnosis?
If a woman is worried about this condition, you should seek medical help. To begin, the specialist listens to the patient, taking into account the totality of the existing symptoms. No need to be nervous: even the general signs of indisposition do not always indicate the presence of an infection. Periodically, this is just a coincidence, and the reasons for the discharge can be completely harmless.
Doctors recommend to pass general blood tests, urine and feces to detect the presence or confirm the absence of a source of inflammation in the body. Often take a smear to check the status of the vaginal microflora. At the same time monitored the current state of the pelvic organs. With the same purpose can do ultrasound. Sometimes the urinary system is checked.
After receiving the results of the examination, doctors can prescribe the appropriate treatment, begin to deal with the cause. In the absence of an established reason, physicians recommend to apply again after a while, sometimes it is advised to lie down for a more thorough examination. In any case, brown discharge before the onset of menstruation has a reason, therefore, to establish it is quite realistic.
The presence of brown discharge in menstruation, their causes and possible danger
Brown discharge in the monthly accompany almost constantly. They appear immediately after the end of bleeding and are considered the norm if they change to a clear or whitish vaginal fluid in a short time. The appearance of a brown shade in the vaginal fluid and just before the menses is considered normal.
Brown discharge in the period of menstruation, which are considered the norm:
- The appearance of a brown tint in a heavy discharge before the menstruation is the beginning of menstruation.
- The presence of dark brown mucus at the end of the cycle indicates the end of menstruation and the release of residual blood.
- In the period of loss of virginity and some time later.
Sometimes the appearance of brown discharge in the middle of menstruation may indicate ovulation and also be the norm. In other cases, it is important to consult a doctor. Self-treatment is unacceptable, as it can cause irreversible effects.
Factors affecting the color of menstruation:
climate change, weather conditions,
- emotional and physical stress
- taking antibiotics or other drugs that may affect the color of the discharge,
- eating disorders, food poisoning and allergic reactions of the body.
Even minor stresses can adversely affect a woman’s hormonal background and lead to negative changes in vaginal discharge. And if the body's defenses are reduced, the development of infections in the urogenital system is almost inevitable.
Brown discharge may appear instead of the usual monthly as a result of hypothermia. This indicates the presence of inflammatory processes in the uterus, appendages or cervical canal. This state of the reproductive organs leads to irregularities in the menstruation cycle.
Symptoms for which you should pay attention to the brown discharge:
- Monthly discharge has a dark brown color instead of the usual red.
- Increase or decrease the duration of menstruation.
- Monthly begin brown clots.
- The presence of an unpleasant smell.
Brown discharge can completely replace normal menstruation, become scarce and manifest large clots. This is an abnormal phenomenon that should encourage a woman to see a doctor. Brown daub instead of dark red menstruation indicates the presence of pathological abnormalities in the female urogenital system, which may be accompanied by additional signs:
- recurrent headaches and nausea,
- discomfort in the abdomen,
- pain in the lumbar region.
If a woman with brown secretions has similar symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor, as they may be harbingers of the following problems:
Disorders in the pituitary or ovarian pathology.
- The presence of inflammation in the genitals, insufficient functioning of the endometrium, which may be associated with surgical intervention (abortion).
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- Violations in the hormonal background, reduced immunity.
It should be understood that the appearance of brown discharge from the vagina, which are accompanied by additional negative signs, indicate serious problems in the female urogenital system. Only a doctor after an examination and tests can make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe treatment.
Why do monthly clots appear
During the menstrual cycle with monthly discharge, the endometrium is rejected, it is a small brown clot in the vaginal fluid. If the clots increase and get a smell, we are talking about the presence of violations in the genital organs.
Possible causes of clots during menstruation:
- The presence of inflammation in the body due to a cold, which is accompanied by an increase in body temperature and the spread of infection.
- The development of endometriosis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the uterus and the cervical canal), which is accompanied by such symptoms as: pain during emptying the rectum and urinating, discomfort in intimate relationships.
- The occurrence of anemia, which is characterized by a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood.
- Increased blood clotting, which leads to the formation of clots in the monthly discharge.
- The presence of pregnancy that develops outside the body of the uterus.
It is impossible to determine their cause only by the presence of brown secretions. To do this, you must pass a comprehensive examination and pass all the necessary tests.
It is worth noting that the cause of poor menstruation may be the presence of pregnancy in the early stages or the threat of its interruption.
If a woman has a regular partner and has a sex life, then the delay in menstruation or their scanty manifestation in the form of brown secretions may indicate hormonal changes. This applies to those cases where, after several days of brown daub, normal dark red discharge appears. If this does not happen and the vaginal fluid continues to have a brown color, then we can talk about pregnancy. In this case, you need to make a test and pass the tests for hCG.
It must be remembered that smearing brown during pregnancy is not the norm. They may indicate a lack of sufficient levels of hormones that support the course of pregnancy. If it is necessary to go to the hospital in time, the progesterone level is able to fall and provoke endometrial detachment, and thus miscarriage.
Common factors that can trigger vaginal fluid changes during menstruation
Along with many inflammatory processes, infectious diseases in the urogenital system, pregnancy, as well as the ectopic location of the fetus, there are other causes of brown discharge.
General factors of monthly disturbance and the appearance of brown discharge:
- rapid weight gain or, on the contrary, a sharp decrease in weight - the reasons that bring down the normal processes in the hormonal background of a woman,
- lack of vitamins, nutritional disorders,
- diseases of the endocrine system, pathology in the metabolism,
- severe injuries that a woman had to suffer earlier, the presence of infectious diseases,
- surgery to remove the reproductive organs, abortion, cesarean section,
- the presence of malignant diseases,
- diseases of the nervous system, stress, emotional overstrain,
- the occurrence of cysts on the ovaries or other seals.
Also the menstrual cycle is restored for a long time after childbirth. Therefore, the appearance of brown discharge during menstruation during lactation or after its termination and the transfer of the child to other foods is considered normal and should not cause concern.
It is necessary to be anxious if a long enough time has passed after giving birth, and instead of the normal monthly red color, there is a brown liquid. In this case, consultation and examination by a specialist will not hurt. Since such manifestations may indicate a disease of the ovaries or uterus, the presence of adhesions after a difficult delivery or other pathologies in the genitourinary system.
Brown discharge after menstruation is normal. The main thing is to learn to listen to your body and try to distinguish the normal state of discharge from the pathological one. If instead of red secretions suspicious clots appeared, there is an unpleasant smell, pain in the lower abdomen is felt, and the discharge itself has become scarce - this is a reason to consult a doctor. Do not delay with a visit to a specialist. Timely detection of the problem will quickly eliminate it, to avoid possible consequences.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE DETECTED MYOMO, CYST, INFERTILITY, OR OTHER DISEASE?
- You are worried about sudden abdominal pain.
- And long, chaotic and painful periods are already pretty tired.
- You have insufficient endometrium to get pregnant.
- Highlight brown, green or yellow.
- And the recommended drugs for some reason are not effective in your case.
- In addition, constant weakness and ailments have already firmly entered your life.
There is an effective treatment for endometriosis, cysts, fibroids and other gynecological diseases.. Follow the link and find out what the chief gynecologist of Russia recommends.