Almost every woman fears the onset of menopause, although more frightened his symptoms. You should not be afraid of this period, since every stage of a person’s life is accompanied by special changes in the body. With the advent of old age, hormones, the reproductive system and psychological state change, which is why various unpleasant symptoms appear. Menopause is not a disease, so it should be taken as a new stage in life. In how many years menopause begins in women and what to do to move this period calmly, you will learn below.
The concept of menopause
The climacteric period is the extinction of the sexual and reproductive functions associated with ovarian depletion, which leads to an abrupt shortage of female sex hormones. Over the years, there is a complete extinction of the reproductive function of the ovaries and this is noticeable by the absence of menstruation. Menopause may begin at the age of 45-55 years, there have been cases of menopause at 40 years old and earlier.
The onset of menopause is accompanied by the cessation of fertility, which signals the beginning of the aging of the female body. During these years, a woman is highly susceptible to the development of diseases of the heart and blood vessels, as well as pathologies of the central nervous system, etc. After the cessation of menstruation, you can notice skin laxity, the appearance of wrinkles, a decrease in libido. All this speaks of the beginning of aging of the organism, and as a result of the impossibility of conceiving and carrying a fetus.
How to understand that menopause has come
A busy life makes it difficult for women to keep track of their menstrual cycle, and failures are often overlooked. At the age of 50 years, the symptoms of menopause are already noticeable, they can be so strong that you have to take special drugs to alleviate the condition.
Most often, with menopause, women experience the following symptoms:
- Excessive sweating, sensation of heat in the chest, head and neck, in other words, hot flashes.
- Frequent urination, vaginal dryness.
- Headache, irritability, tearfulness, bad mood, depression, causeless anxiety.
- Tachycardia, high blood pressure (blood pressure).
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
- Atrophy of the mucous membrane of the perineum.
- Violation of metabolic processes, obesity.
- Violations of the urinary system.
- Inflammatory pathology of the vagina caused by bacteria.
The beginning menopause is manifested individually, one woman practically does not notice this, the other suffers so much that she has to go to a doctor.
When menopause occurs, almost all patients complain of hot flashes during menopause. The condition is characterized by a sensation of heat, redness, tachycardia and an increase in temperature. You can wait for the tides even at night, the attack lasts no more than five minutes, but it repeats often. All these signs allow us to determine the onset of menopause and the onset of aging. But, how to find out when menopause is caused by deviations, we will discuss below.
Factors affecting menopause age
Menopause does not bypass any woman, the only difference is in manifestations and age. It is important to take it calmly, take care of yourself and your health, and lead a normal life. Today, there are no methods to accurately determine the age when changes will begin. It has been scientifically proven that a girl who has had a regular sex life can delay menopause.
An unequivocal answer to the question at which age menopause begins in women is impossible, but there are some predisposing factors:
- The presence of chronic pathologies - it can be oncology, diabetes, thyroid disease and cardiovascular system, hormonal imbalance,
- The operations performed - surgical intervention on the ovaries, uterus, breast and other reproductive organs causes a variety of disorders, with the exception of chemotherapy, cytostatics and radiation exposure,
- Psycho-emotional factors - nervous system disorders, constant stress and unstable emotional state are bad for the whole body,
- Poor ecology and poor lifestyle - bad habits, polluted air, lack of a normal alternation of sleep and rest, too hard work or a sedentary lifestyle. All of these factors can trigger an earlier, heavier menopause.
If a woman regularly had sex, avoided stress, ate well and treated the disease in time, the menopause begins later and is calmer.
When does the menopause begin?
Any woman wonders when there is a menopause. This process lasts for years and can accompany to the end of life. Many centuries ago, the average age of menopause was 40-45 years. Such early changes are associated with multiple births and the lack of normal treatment of gynecological diseases. Now the optimal age for menopause is 45-51 years.
This whole process is divided into 3 stages, each of them has its own characteristics. What time a menopause can begin depends only on the patient’s lifestyle and hereditary factors. The first stage is called premenopause or perimenopause, the age of onset is 40-45 years. From this period to the very menopause sometimes a lot of time passes. The pre-menopausal stage implies a gradual decrease in the level of sex hormones - estrogen.
Menstruation becomes irregular and scanty. During this period, the woman almost does not feel psychological or physical discomfort, but such changes in the body are noticeable:
- Minimal chances of conceiving a baby.
- Reduction of bleeding, and soon a complete cessation.
- Long intervals between periods.
- Loses the menstrual cycle.
The next stage of menopause in women is called menopause. During this period, estrogens completely stop being produced by the ovaries, while menstruations stop. From the day of the last menstruation a year must pass, on average, menopause in women begins at age 50.
The age of onset of aging of the body is influenced by many factors, so the numbers may differ. The last stage of the extinction of the work of the ovaries is postmenopause, which occurs a year after menopause. The duration of the condition depends on the speed of adaptation of the organism, it usually ends within 3-15 years, and this is considered normal.
In the period of postmenopausal osteoporosis, thyroid disease, blood vessels and heart disease often develop. The female body undergoes such changes:
- Noticeable flabbiness of the skin,
- Nipples become more flat, breasts change,
- Pubic hair is thinning, and when examined, the doctor sees a lack of mucus on the neck.
The onset of menopause does not always depend on the age of the woman, there are situations when menopause may occur due to some predisposing factors. They often affect the duration of adaptation. All individually, one woman can not wait for the development of menopause, and the other suddenly notices its manifestation at a young age.
Late and early menopause
Menopause occurs in any life span, the only question is whether this is normal for a certain age. It is the external and internal factors that provoke the onset of the menopausal period. Considering some life circumstances, the onset of late or early menopause in women cannot be ignored.
- Lack of normal sex life.
- Dumb ovary syndrome.
- Frequent abortions and oral contraceptives.
- Surgery on the uterus or ovaries.
- Stress, gynecological pathology, heredity.
- Chromosomal abnormalities.
- Oncology, an autoimmune disease when the production of antibodies to ovarian cells occurs.
- Premature depletion of the ovaries.
- Bad habits that have begun in adolescence.
- Chemical or radiation therapy.
These factors provoke menopause up to 45 years. Menstruation either stops altogether or there is heavy bleeding. There comes a menopause at an early age spontaneously, and is acute. A woman complains of strong flushes, shortness of breath, sweating, insomnia and mood disorders. The process deteriorates the health of nails, hair and skin.
It happens that menopause develops too late. There are several reasons for this:
- Heredity - if mom or grandmother met menopause at a later age, there is a chance that the daughter or granddaughter will face the same problem. This is not considered a deviation, but it is advisable to undergo regular examinations by a gynecologist
- Medication intake - strong antibiotics act on the body in different ways. Often they are used to treat cancer. Chemotherapy works the same way,
- Estrogen-producing tumors - when menopause decreases the production of these substances. If their number is exceeded, but it should be the other way round, it is better for a woman to be checked for the presence of cancer of the breast or reproductive organs.
When the late menopause can begin is a difficult question. Usually this period falls on the age of more than 55 years. If late changes are connected with hereditary factors, there will be practically no discomfort, but you need to closely monitor your health.
In order to somehow alleviate the climactic state of a woman, doctors use hormone therapy. It is important to remember that hormone treatment has contraindications and side effects, so before the therapy you should definitely be examined. If hormones are contraindicated, phytoestrogens of plants are prescribed.
In minimal doses, the analogous female plant hormones improve the patient's well-being. Most of the symptoms disappear, psycho-emotional background is normalized, libido increases. Treatment for menopause age is often made with drugs such as Klimonorm and Klimaxan.
- Klimonorm contains the active component of estradiol valerate, which provokes the production of progesterone and estrogen. Thanks to the reception, the menstrual cycle is normalized, the development of hyperplasia, oncology, osteoporosis and other pathologies is prevented. The drug comes in the form of yellow and brown dragee. The first drink, starting from the fifth day of the cycle, and then begin to take the second pill. Joint therapy helps to establish a psycho-emotional background, to normalize the state of the vessels and the urogenital system.
- Climaxan is a homeopathic remedy that contains many active ingredients, but in small doses. Daily rate - 2 pills per day. You can drink the medicine until all the symptoms of menopause disappear. In addition, a complete lifestyle change is recommended. You can not get involved in fatty foods, alcohol, cigarettes, as well as to allow various diseases to drift.
I started menopause 2 years ago, it is believed that this is the norm. I was very worried, I read many reviews on the forums in order to understand how to get rid of the symptoms. In the end, went to the gynecologist, I was assigned Estrovel. This drug is based on phytoestrogens, so she was not afraid to drink. I managed to reduce the number of tides, and the rest of the symptoms subsided. The main thing that I can advise is not to endure, but quickly run to the doctor. Any climacteric manifestations can be controlled.
Veronica, 49 years
Fully agree with the previous comment, even the most "capable" symptoms can be removed. Certain substances correct hormonal balance well, due to violations of which discomfort appears. I accept Klimaksan, and my friend Klimonorm. All such drugs do not just remove the symptoms, but are also prescribed as a prevention of cardiovascular and other diseases.
My mom had an early menopause, started at about 41 years old. If before it was difficult to deal with its manifestations, now in pharmacies a lot of natural remedies. I have premenopause now, I manage to cope with the symptoms myself so far. If I grab it badly, I will definitely go to the hospital.