Every fifth girl at least once in their lives was diagnosed with an IRR - vegetative-vascular dystonia. Despite the fact that today there is no such pathology according to the international classification of diseases, many doctors continue to use the term. Often it sounds in a situation where the doctor simply does not know what is with the girl, or can not understand the symptoms and their complexes. Monthly with the IRR contribute their share, exacerbating the signs of illness. Why is this happening, what is this pathology? How can you prevent and counteract the situation?
Read in this article.
Symptoms of menstruation
The IRR (vegetative-vascular dystonia) is a complex of symptoms that appears when the autonomic nervous system is disturbed. Namely, it is responsible for many functions in the body: it controls pressure, heart rate, vascular tone, and others. The manifestation of the pathology is collected in several types of disorders. These include:
- VSD on cardialgic type. This condition is characterized by periodic aching, sometimes acute pain behind the sternum, in the region of the heart. At the same time drops of arterial pressure can be noted. The symptoms are similar to the classic signs of angina, but when treating with heart drugs, the condition does not improve.
- IRR tachycardial type. Against the background of an increase in pressure, an increase in the heart rate to 140-160 beats per minute is noted (the norm is up to 90 beats / min). At the same time, the face becomes very red and there is a feeling of anxiety and pulsation of the vessels in the temples.
- Hypertensive type. In this case, there is a sharp increase in blood pressure, often against the background of an emotional outburst. Unlike true hypertension, the numbers never rise above 170 - 175/100 mm. Hg Art.
- The IRR of the hypotonic type is characterized by a drop in blood pressure up to 80 - 90/50 - 60 mm. Hg Art. At the same time, there is increased sweating (especially of the arms and legs), weakness, lethargy, and sometimes slight dizziness. During a vegetative crisis, syncope often occurs.
- Visceral type is manifested by recurrent aching abdominal pains and impaired bowel movement: diarrhea alternating with constipation.
- On asthenic type of IRR also often develops. In this case, women report the appearance of unmotivated weakness, increased fatigue, or even loss of ability to work for a while.
- Respiratory type of IRR is characterized by the appearance of pain behind the sternum of an oppressive nature. At the same time it is difficult for a woman to breathe, they sometimes describe their feelings as “a lump in the throat”.
- The IRR on the mixed type is characterized by a blurred clinical picture and a combination of symptoms from different types.
Most often, the IRR is manifested in hyper-and hypotonic, as well as cardialgic types. Pathology often occurs in girls with a closed character, a narrow circle of communication, prone to depression and a sharp change in mood. But it can occur in any periods of life, with the second peak of the disease occurring during pre-menopausal time. Also, such disorders are often observed in women of any age who have various malformations of the cardiovascular system, more often it is a mitral valve prolapse or an open oval window.
Why such a diagnosis as the IRR is absent in the international classification of diseases? According to observers who participated in the compilation of these volumes, under each type of pathology lies another disease. For example, with cardiac or hypertensive, cardiovascular problems, asthenic problems occur as a manifestation of depression, respiratory type - issues with the respiratory system, etc. They believe that it is always possible to identify the disease, it is just necessary to examine the person to the end. In Russia and neighboring countries, this trend is not always supported, so the diagnosis of "IRR" is quite common.
Why escalates on critical days
The symptoms of the IRR during menstruation and even on the eve of them are almost always aggravated, due to several reasons. This is often called vegetative crises.
As a rule, girls exposed to the IRR, have an irregular menstrual cycle. Accordingly, the balance of sex hormones in the body is disturbed. This is the main cause of seizures during critical days.
Estrogens in the female body are responsible for mental and emotional states, under their influence, the processes of memorization and learning in the brain are accelerated. Progesterone has a calming effect, often leading to a decrease in mood on the eve of menstruation. And androgens are responsible for sexual desire, energy and endurance. The imbalance in the content of these hormones, as well as violations of the perception of these active substances by certain areas of the brain (in particular, the limbic division of the autonomic nervous system) leads to the development of symptoms of the IRR.
Often, different types are formed in girls with underweight, in adolescence, during pregnancy. It is during these life periods, even with the normal content of hormones in the blood, the nervous system can respond perversely to their level and fluctuations in time.
How to counteract
Sometimes it is very difficult to understand where is premenstrual syndrome, where is the IRR during menstruation, and when is it panic attacks. Therefore, in any case, if you feel unwell, including during critical days, you should seek medical help. Only after a thorough examination can you choose the most optimal treatment and prevention.
During the vegetative crisis it is recommended:
- Stay at least 2 - 3 hours in the fresh air. Hypoxia (lack of oxygen) in the room will provoke the development of symptoms.
- If possible, to establish regular exercise. Each woman’s level will be individual for each woman — someone will have to run 10 km to normalize body functions, and another 3 km will be enough with a quick step. Various water procedures, douches, hardening, etc. are very useful.
- Proper nutrition: each serving should not exceed 200 - 300 g and consist of of proteins, of fats and 2/4 of complex carbohydrates and fiber. In no case should not be too carried away by alcohol, nicotine or other psychoactive substances, even if at first glance they bring relief.
- Positive attitude and good thoughts - this is the main component of success. In some situations, you may need the help of a psychologist or even a psychiatrist. It is useful and very effective to take antidepressants and tranquilizers. So far they have not found such wide use in us as, for example, in Europe or America. But often correctly prescribed drug immediately removes all the symptoms.
- Those who are susceptible to the various manifestations of the IRR, should take complexes of vitamins and trace elements. Some studies confirm that deficiency of magnesium, serotonin, B6 and some other substances play an important role in the formation of the disease.
- It is useful to use various herbal remedies, dietary supplements, fees, infusions or decoctions in accordance with the prevailing symptoms.
We recommend reading the article about panic attacks during menstruation. From it you will learn about the causes of this condition, how to solve the problem, effective methods.
If a girl notes regular crises of IRR before menstruation, then it is advisable to try to take measures to prevent them. There is nothing special or specific in the prevention of this pathology. Although it is not always possible to completely get rid of crises, it is possible to significantly reduce the degree of their manifestation. Key recommendations:
- Normalization of work and rest. Full sleep - the key to preserving health and a pleasant appearance. Excessive overloading of the psycho-emotional plan, including at work, should be avoided. And with their presence it is necessary to learn how to relax, for example, with the help of breathing exercises or yoga.
- All bad habits, including craving for unhealthy diet and overeating - the path to the IRR.
- Exacerbations of certain chronic diseases, especially the nervous system and endocrine organs often lead to increased crises. Therefore, it is necessary to organize regular monitoring and measures to compensate for impaired body functions (hormone therapy, etc.).
- You should limit yourself as much as possible from the effects of external magnetic and radiation fields emanating from modern household appliances (microwaves, televisions, telephones, etc.). In particularly sensitive women, they also provoke illness.
IRR - a complex of symptoms that manifest themselves (more often in women) in violation of the work of the autonomic nervous system. The diverse clinical picture often does not allow to separate this disease from similar ones. It is noticed that exacerbation of the IRR during menstruation occurs in the majority of the fair sex. Knowing the features of your body, you can, together with a specialist (psychologist, psychiatrist or therapist), make a set of recommendations and prescriptions that will help reduce the manifestation of the disease or even get rid of the pathology.
Why is the IRR aggravated on critical days
VSD before menstruation is exacerbated in most women, this is due to the influence of vegetative crises. Experts have shown that the menstrual cycle in girls with dystonia is extremely irregular, due to which the delay in menstruation is not uncommon, which indicates a violation of hormonal balance. It is this pathology that causes exacerbation of all and a worsening of the general condition during menstruation.
The cause of the onset of dystonia during monthly bleeding lies in the level of hormonal levels:
- Estrogens are responsible for how brightly a woman can express her own emotions, for her calmness or, conversely, arousal,
- progesterone has a calming effect on the female body (it reduces the signs that accompany menstrual bleeding),
- Estradiol (estrogen), acts on the libido, provides a woman with energy (with an excess of it, women feel that the heart jumps out of the chest).
Important! Women who have an asthenic body type, with a lack of estrogen, are a special risk group for developing attacks of the IRR during the premenstrual period.
How can I help
In order for dystonia not to have a serious impact on a woman’s usual lifestyle, such treatment is shown during critical days:
- remember that this condition will pass after 5-7 days,
- master breathing techniques and use them for complacency,
- inspire yourself a positive attitude
- walking on the street, because an increase in pressure can trigger an oxygen deficiency,
- exercise regularly,
- take a contrast shower, carry out other tempering procedures.
Women suffering from the negative manifestations of the IRR are recommended to take a course of micro and macro elements, in order to maintain the health of the body.
In order to calm the nervous nervous system, it makes sense to take infusions of such medicinal components:
- oregano and peony,
- valerian and hawthorn,
- lemon balm and mint,
On the recommendation of the doctor, during the onset of menstruation, you can use Novo-Passit or Afobazol, Glycine or Piracetam.
To relieve pain and normalize the state of the vessels, you can take antispasmodics (for example, No-silo).
In order for negative manifestations of vegetative vascular dystonia not to cause problems for a woman during menstruation, these rules should be followed (and not only directly in the premenstrual syndrome, but on a permanent basis):
- normalization of sleep (going to sleep and waking up should occur at about the same time), which will have a beneficial effect on the nervous system,
- reducing the frequency of psycho-emotional stress,
- appetite control,
- maximum limitation of the magnetic and radiation effects emanating from microwave ovens, computers and televisions,
- ban on snacks at night (if during this period the appetite increases, you can only afford a glass of dairy products),
- avoiding bad habits, including smoking and drinking,
- regular testing of blood hormones and competent therapy of these indicators under the supervision of specialists,
- attention to your own body, including the timely access to a doctor for the treatment of mental and somatic pathologies.
According to recent studies, premenstrual syndrome greatly facilitates listening to the world music classics. If a woman suffers from an increase in panic attacks before the onset of menstruation, she is advised to listen to the music of such composers:
- Beethoven and Mozart,
- Vivaldi and Paganini,
- Chopin and Tchaikovsky.
In addition to listening to classic works, it makes sense to refer to the masterpieces of world and Soviet cinema and animated films. The music that is recorded for them is also capable of soothing the tense nervous system, returning a good mood to a woman’s life and relieving irritability.
Important! If a woman is very concerned about the manifestations of the IRR during the last cycle of menstruation, it makes sense to go these days to a therapist who will listen to complaints and prescribe symptomatic treatment aimed at eliminating them.
What is IRR?
VSD - This is a series of all sorts of symptoms, accompanied by the appearance for a variety of reasons. In modern medicine, the IRR is considered a rather controversial diagnosis, this disease is absent from the list of ICD-10. However, this diagnosis is very often made by experts, including during the course of menstruation.
The IRR is classified according to the symptoms of the disease and their manifestations. Subdivided into:
The most common are VSD with hypertensive, hypotonic and cardiac symptoms. Most often, such a disease occurs in the female half of the population, which is closed in itself, or there is a frequent nervous condition with subsequent depressions, due to the lack of sufficient social circle.
VSD before menstruation
Often, the IRR in PMS has similar symptoms with panic attacks. This is due to the fact that the IRR is often provoked by the presence of stressful conditions in women.
Also the manifestation of the IRR before menstruation can contribute to:
- sharp or frequent weather changes. This is due to pathologies of vessels that do not have time to adjust to the changed weather conditions,
- increased exercise
- nervous condition and the presence of negative emotions,
VSD during menstruation
The symptoms of the IRR during menstruation are almost always aggravated, which is caused by a vegetative crisis. The main reason for the manifestation of signs of the IRR during menstruation is an imbalance of sex hormones in a woman’s body, which is caused by a disturbed menstrual cycle.
As a result, various signs of IRR can be observed:
- severe headaches
- sleep disturbance,
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract,
- depressive states (hysterics, neurosis, panic states),
- decrease in working capacity and mental activity.
The manifestation of the symptoms of the IRR in combination with the passage of menstruation bring a woman serious problems. During menstruation, the female sex suffers from headaches, indigestion and loss of mood. If they are added to the symptoms of the IRR, then this disease greatly affects the mental state of women.
Changes in hormones with PMS
The passage of the cycle of menstruation in a woman due to hormonal background, which varies over the month. In the first part of the cycle, there is an increase in the number of female steroid hormones, and in the second part of the monthly cycle, there is an increase in the number of hormones progesterones. The occurrence of such changes in the hormonal balance is considered normal and helps clean the uterus of the old mucous epithelium, which supports the uterus's ability to conceive.
When women have an IRR, such processes occurring with hormones cause an inadequate response of the body. As a result, there is an increase in pain symptoms occurring during menstruation:
- periodic aching pain syndromes turn into severe pain,
- normal fatigue flows into agonizing migraines and a constant desire for rest,
- signs of irritation are brought to a depressive state, and at times panic manifestations in the IRR.
The sensation of pain that is present during menstruation and is accompanied by bleeding in women, with the IRR is greatly enhanced. Their symptoms may appear even before the allocation of menstruation, in the form of premenstrual syndrome.
Women taking various medications during their menstruation may affect the stability of the menstrual cycle and the nature of their discharge.
Depending on the components of the medicinal composition, the drugs affect the cycle of menstruation and excretion in different ways:
- Антикоагулянты и лекарственные средства для разжижения крови в момент месячных. Medications to prevent blood clots and blood thinning can affect the duration and profusion of discharge during menstruation. In this case, the duration of the menstrual cycle - they do not affect.
- Antidepressants. These drugs can contribute to changing the cycle, and under their influence there is a delay in menstruation. At the same time, the amount of discharge decreases as compared with the usual indicators for menstruation.
- Hormonal drugs. The effect of such drugs on the cycle of menstruation depends on the correctness of their selection. In the case of the use of well-tolerated hormonal drugs, there are no effects on menstruation. Otherwise, the monthly flow will be poor and not long.
- Medications to combat ulcers. When taking these drugs can happen delayed menstrual cycle.
- Preparations for the restoration of blood supply Drugs in this category contribute to the monthly decrease in the amount of discharge. Such drugs should be taken only as prescribed by specialists, with excessive discharge during menstruation.
It is also extremely important to know that any changes associated with the menstrual cycle or menstruation can be a warning signal for a woman’s health. Therefore, it is recommended to consult a doctor immediately.
Treatment during critical days and IRR
During the period of monthly there are the following recommendations, compliance with which will improve the condition:
- should be more often in the fresh air, set yourself up in a positive way and a good mood,
- use breathing exercises to stabilize your condition,
- doing recreational physical culture, with the required load for each woman individually selected,
- eating only healthy and healthy food at the time of menstruation,
- Reception of complexes of vitamin means at the time of menstruation helps to maintain nerve cells and reduce the signs of VVD,
- taking sedatives helps prevent depression during menstruation and reduce general irritability at the time of the IRR,
- use of drugs to stabilize the functioning of blood vessels and blood circulation,
- to maintain nervous activity, it is also possible to use drugs, but only as directed by the attending physician,
- you need the correct daily routine, it is compliance with the regime of work and rest.
In the presence of symptoms of the IRR is prohibited: the use of alcoholic beverages, smoking tobacco products, eating smoked products and various spices, caffeinated beverages. All this adversely affects the vessels and can contribute to their excitement, spasms, which will entail a negative impact on heart activity at the time of menstruation.
As a preventive measure for women with signs of VSD before menstruation, it is recommended:
- avoid mental and emotional stress during menstruation,
- reduce or abandon bad habits, among them and not a healthy diet and overeating,
- regularly observed by a doctor in the presence of chronic diseases, to prevent their exacerbation during menstruation,
- if possible, reduce the effect on your body of magnetic and radiation fields from household appliances.
In the future, with the help of specialists, having studied the characteristics of your body, a plan of preventive, individual measures aimed at preventing the symptoms of the IRR before the menstrual period is made.
IRR is not a chronic diagnosis and certainly not a sentence. To prevent this pathology, it is necessary to avoid nervous and stressful situations, as well as give your body time to recover. All this contributes not only to reduce the signs of VSD in menstruation, but also their absence in the future.
VSD before menstruation
A few days before menstruation, a woman suffering from the IRR, noticeably worsened mood, decreased performance, and some even disturbed sleep. Woman-VSD-Schnitsa is waiting for the approach of menstruation, consciously activating the created dominants of the IRR. She is waiting for their approach, subconsciously understanding their naturalness, and consciously pity herself for the fact that Nature is not fair to her in this matter either.
Because of what type of IRR in a woman is noted, already before the onset of menstruation, she may experience an exacerbation of one of these types. Some women-VSD-shnitsy know this very well and try to protect themselves from it before the arrival of their periods: they are more in the open air, they feed better, they try to look at many problems of life in a philosophical and calm way. Often it helps, and the period of menstruation is not so painful.
But a number of women-VSD-Schnitz do not have any desire to prepare themselves psychologically for the upcoming period, and they give themselves up to the power of chance, an ordinary course of time. It is they who more than others draw attention to themselves, primarily the deterioration of health, anxiety-panic nature of thoughts. They are often at the doctor's office, make it quite understandable discomfort in the family.
What to do in this case, how to learn to endure with dignified period of menstruation?
Of course, changing attitudes towards yourself! We must understand that really menstruation is a natural process inherent in all women of the world and that it should be treated with dignity. That is, do not pay attention to yourself, and try to be ordinary, more smiling, satisfied life.
We must really try more to be in the fresh air and though through force, but all the same - to smile! We must still force ourselves to move and remember that people will perceive you positively when you behave naturally and, most importantly, do not exude anxiety.
It has a good effect on this problem. DMEP - breathing with manual energy replenishmentregular exercise which can really stabilize the general condition, facilitate the flow of menstruation, and most importantly harmonize the flow of energy of thoughts.
You will also be interested in:
Perfilyeva Inna Yuryevna
Psychologist, Psychodramatist. Specialist from the website b17.ru
You can think of childbirth - this is a pill for all diseases. On the contrary, existing health problems will only worsen.
You just need to change the way of life - nutrition, sleep, physical actuality, vitamins - you need to reconsider.
These problems will not go away at all if there is a predisposition, but it can be alleviated.
I have an IRR, I suffer from childhood, some of the symptoms from the above are familiar to me)) No IRRT therapists treat, only psycho-psychologists and nervopotologi, so they will help you to these doctors if they do not find anything terrible in physiology then this is all psyche. If you have any questions, write, if you need I can throw off the email address.
Strengthen your body; there's nothing more you can do. Vitamins, sparta, pool, more walks and do not dwell on the state. Many people have PMS, nobody died of it. The IRR is in 2 of 3 city residents. And about giving birth, I gave birth to two, PMS did not decrease at all. Health to you
All this is a single diagnosis, the author, has exhausted already everywhere with this
VVD in pediatrics: a case history
Usually this disease affects children aged 6-8 years, adolescents, more often girls. In different age periods, only the severity of the disease changes. The reasons for this may be the following factors:
- Heredity: transmitted through the maternal line, if during pregnancy a woman suffered from toxicosis, fetal hypoxia, intrauterine injuries, prolonged or, on the contrary, rapid birth, birth injuries
- Psychotrauma: conflicts in school, family, society, inadequate workload, psychotype, increased responsibility (the lot of excellent students), stress
- External causes: features of the climatic zone (the climate is not suitable and the body experiences discomfort, frequent colds and other diseases), poor ecology (allergic or asthmatic manifestations), poor nutrition, hormonal changes in the period of active growth (the body and body of an adolescent grow at different speeds and vegetative system can not get in time)
It is clear why in the case of children, in addition to the pediatrician, a neuropathologist, a cardiologist, an endocrinologist, and a gastroenterologist are required to be involved.
Symptoms in children
The disease can not manifest itself, but overwork and stress can provoke it and then it will appear "in all its glory."
From the side of cardiology are observed: arrhythmias, tachycardias, arterial hypertension and hypotension.
Complaints of fatigue, poor sleep, impaired memory, dizziness, phobias, suspiciousness and hysterical reactions speak of a neurotic syndrome.
The respiratory system will respond to respiratory syndrome: shortness of breath, shortness of breath, chills, intolerance to heat, stuffiness or cold.
In the digestive system, various kinds of disorders in the gastrointestinal tract are possible: nausea, vomiting, increased appetite or its complete absence, as well as such a phenomenon as irritable bowel syndrome.
The urinary system will manifest itself as edema, excessive sweating, and frequent urination.
Violations in these systems are functional, i.e. they are reversible and do not pose a danger to the life of the child. In treatment, non-drug therapy is preferable.
Determination of vascular dystonia
To get to the bottom, you need to understand that the autonomic or visceral nervous system is part of the entire nervous system. Its "duties" include ensuring the activity of the internal organs, managing the metabolism, controlling the vascular tone and supplying the nervous cells of the organs, tissues, muscles and skeleton. Its main function is to create conditions under which all body systems will be in balance and stability. And if something changes in the environment, then the autonomic nervous system will adapt to these changes and will work the body so that it will feel comfortable in these new, changed conditions.
When a failure occurs in this system, and it loses the ability to adapt and adapt to the outside world, an imbalance occurs - this is vascular dystonia.
Violations can happen in the work of one organ or one of some kind of system, and all the harmonious work of the body can be disrupted and many systems will not cope with their duties. A person will complain at once to many diseases, and the symptoms will be extensive.
So, this is a whole complex of symptoms:
- with a sharp rise darkens in the eyes to the pain and short-term hearing
- irritable bowel syndrome
- pressure jumps up and down
- fading of the heart or it is pounding so that this knock is given in the ears
- cold hands and feet, sometimes their numbness
- pains in different organs and parts of the body
At the emotional level, this is also reflected and the person looks overwhelmed, tired, worried about anxiety, irritability, often weeping.
Sometimes it occurs as a short in time and reversible as a seizure. But there are also manifestations in the form of a “vegetative storm”: all disorders are pronounced brightly, sharply and happen suddenly. Panic attack can happen, join the fear of death. It’s easy to lose control of yourself. This state can last from several minutes to several hours. Knowing that this can happen, you need to have a sedative or a doctor if the condition does not return to normal for a long time.
Drugs are usually given by prescription. The doctor considers vrd and vsd, checking with the table.
There are so many symptoms that diagnosis is difficult enough: you can find out for a long time the causes of pain, discomfort and problems with the work of the organs. Time is spent on examinations, tests, trips from doctor to doctor. The person simply “lives” in the clinic, but there are no results, he was as bad as he was. And not because the doctors are bad, the patient just complains about a specific disease, but in fact it does not. What to do?
Test for all online
Modern life is greatly facilitated by the Internet. Usually people tend to look for answers to questions in the search engines and one day you can come across information about tests on the test. With their help, you can conduct a self-diagnosis and find out: whether there is a tendency and obvious signs of vascular dystonia. Tests are free, in a short period of time you will receive an answer to which you should listen. They are composed by experienced psychologists and their error is very small. After all, it may turn out that you don’t have any - this is also a result that will show the true state of affairs.
One of the symptoms of this difficult pathology is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).. Frankly, an unpleasant thing. This syndrome is usually manifested as heartburn, nausea, spasmodic abdominal pain, flatulence. With such a "set" is not easy to be among people walking to work. The person simply cannot move far from the toilet. This is a very uncomfortable state, causing great trouble and reduces the quality of life. Laboratory tests, procedures and tests show that all the organs of the digestive system are normal: the mucosa of the esophagus and the stomach is not broken, there is no gastritis, microbes and infections are not sown, ultrasound and x-rays talk about health.
Attentive doctor will pay attention to this feature: during sleep, all the above-mentioned troubles do not show up, and as soon as I wake up, there is an urgent need to visit the toilet room. And one more thing: the weight of the patient remains stable, despite the diarrhea / constipation. At this point, it is highly desirable to move from the therapist or gastroenterologist to the psychotherapist. As a rule, everything goes away after complex treatment of the locusts, and the intestines return to normal after taking sedatives, herbal preparations and the use of special techniques.
Sometimes people ask about the connection between cholecystitis and vascular dystonia. Here is a slightly different case. In the presence of bloating, flatulence, pain in the right hypochondrium, bitter taste in the mouth. But still it is an independent disease, which is expressed in inflammation of the gallbladder, and is always one of its symptoms, i.e. cholecystitis causes nervous disorders in the form of irritability, anxiety and asthenia.
Monthly and so difficult event in a woman's life, and if symptoms are added to all other unpleasant manifestations, it turns into a serious test. During PMS in a healthy girl / woman there are jumps in blood pressure, as a rule, diarrhea joins, and due to the fact that the production of endorphins decreases, the mood worsens. My head and stomach ache, my ability to work towards zero - I want to lie down, curled up and hang a “do not disturb” sign.
For those who are diagnosed with vd, this condition is hypertrophied. The psyche suffers especially noticeably: someone has an apathetic state, someone has an impulsive state, but those and others have it all bad.
Before the menstruation months, a few days before this event, deviations are already observed in the form of a deterioration in mood and nervousness. Such a condition is called premenstrual syndrome, and it is he who can provoke the SC.
How to help yourself during your period?
- Be philosophical about the event: it will soon pass. Be more often in the fresh air, overcome the desire to lie, better walk.
- Master some elementary breathing practices (yoga, Strelnikova's method), this will help stabilize and alleviate your condition.
- Methods of self-hypnosis: tune yourself to a positive, remember, it is uncomfortable and not interesting to be in the company of a whiner and a bore.
What can and can not
And now that can and can not be done with vegetative dystonia
You can’t do anything that makes you change the tone of blood vessels: alcohol (excites), smoking (detrimental effect on the heart and can lead to vascular spasms), caffeinated beverages (energy, tea, coffee), fast food, smoked foods, hot spices.
Quite often they ask the question: is it possible to drink coffee with everyone? Recall that this disease is associated with poor vascular function. Insufficient blood supply to the internal organs leads to a lack of oxygen, and, accordingly, can cause a malfunction of the autonomic nervous system, i.e. to provoke an attack This disease can be accompanied by both an increase in blood pressure and its fall. Respectively, if you are hypertensive, then you should not aggravate the situation, coffee is contraindicated to you.
The composition of coffee includes caffeine, which has an effect on the centers of nervous excitement and can cause a panic attack.
In the case of low blood pressure, doctors even recommend drinking green tea or coffee, which will add vitality and improve the general condition and mood.
Another question that also occurs quite often: is it possible to visit the bath at the center?
Here the opinions of experts are divided. Nevertheless, there is a general rule: everything is very individual, the main thing is not to harm. Listen to your feelings. You can not live, forbidding yourself everything. Пробуйте, только заранее настройте себя на возможные реакции. Здесь главное, что вы понимаете, почему именно происходит так или иначе.
If you want to go to a Russian steam bath with a wet steam, make sure that the temperature is no higher than 70 degrees, do several approaches at intervals of 10-15 minutes, do not douche with cold water and do not jump into cold water. If you feel relaxed, peaceful, if you enjoy it, go and do not be afraid. Gradual and regularity will bear fruit. The same requirements apply to the sauna.
You do not need to drive yourself into a corner, you are not disabled and your restrictions are not lethal. Live a full life, rejoice in all its manifestations, find in everything beautiful. Anyway, you have a choice, and that means a lot.
IRR before menstruation provokes depressive state and vegetative crises. A couple of days before the onset of menstruation, women’s mood decreases, there is a sharp fatigue, irritability, and signs of insomnia and panic occur.
The manifestation of the disease contribute to the factors affecting the production of hormones:
- sudden change of weather
- physical and emotional stress
- negative emotions
Due to the lack of endorphin (the hormone of joy), the woman feels depressed and depressed. Due to the hormonal adjustment of the body, the manifestation of the IRR during menstruation is always enhanced. Internal changes require an immediate response from the vessels and blood. Poor blood circulation in the vascular system leads to pain, as a result of which women experience the following symptoms:
- severe abdominal pain,
- increased or slowed heart rate,
- disturbances in the gastrointestinal tract (diarrhea, constipation, vomiting),
- increased sweating
This condition is dangerous for physical and emotional women's health and requires constant attention and control.
Challenges and treatment recommendations
Women who suffer from IRD during menstruation experience prolonged stress, which leads to exhaustion of the nervous system. Such women are more likely to visit a doctor more than others, than they bring a completely understandable discomfort not only in their own lives, but also in the lives of loved ones.
The best option to avoid complications caused by dystonia and menstruation is to prevent the disease. Doctors recommend to lead a healthy lifestyle, do not smoke, do not take alcoholic beverages, eat right and do not forget about moderate physical exertion. Wellness methods such as:
- Hydrotherapy (contrast shower, relaxing bath, light bath procedures).
Experts advise to use herbal teas and infusions to calm the nervous system. Common medicinal herbs are great:
- St. John's wort
If you still can not avoid pain, it is necessary to take antispasmodics. The most common medicines for pain during menstruation are:
In many women, exacerbation of VSD is associated with hormonal jumps. During menstruation, the level of hormones reaches a critical point, which becomes the cause of the development of vegetovascular dystonia during this period.
To prevent vegetative crises, doctors recommend taking hormonal drugs, the effect of which depends on how well they fit the woman. If the drugs are selected correctly, the effect on menstruation is absent. Otherwise, menstruation will be scanty and short.
The main goal of hormone therapy is to eliminate the physical symptoms of the IRR that occur on critical days. In order to choose the right treatment and not harm your own health, you need to contact a specialist.
VSD - not a sentence. In order to avoid unpleasant feelings and painful pains during menstruation, it is important to carefully monitor their health, adhere to the recommendations of experts and maintain a good mood.
During the IRR, “critical days” are much more painful. Changing the phases of the cycle leads to increased imbalance of the vegetative system:
- A woman experiences strong weakness, headaches attack her.
- She complains about the feeling of "brokenness."
- A woman is so bad that it is often difficult for her to get out of bed.
- The irritability characteristic of PMS is replaced by a panic or subdepressive state.
If a woman has abundant and painful periods, then on their background there is a deterioration of health in the presence of the IRR.
Gynecologists call this condition vegetative crises. What effect hormones have on the body:
- Estrogens are responsible for the expression of emotions and the mental state of a woman. They affect the acceleration of learning processes, memorization.
- Sedation is made by progesterone.
- Estrogens are responsible for the activity of libido and energy - estradiol.
At risk include adolescents and girls with asthenic physique, because they may have a lack of estrogen and even hyperandrogeny with signs of virilization.
What are the symptoms
The clinical picture before menstruation depends on the individual characteristics of the organism:
- In some women, the heart rate slows down, in others it increases.
- Teenagers complain of oppressive or aching sensations.
- Blood pressure can both drop and jump sharply.
There is a suppression of the production of joy hormones - endorphins.
3-4 days before the arrival of “critical days” for a woman suffering from the IRR, the mood goes down. She quickly gets tired even after several hours of work, the concentration of attention is deteriorating dramatically. Some patients with PMS develop signs of insomnia.
Waiting for the arrival of menstruation, the person unconsciously activates the symptoms of the IRR. For this reason, the health status of a woman in PMS is worsening. Thoughts become disturbing in nature. Against the background of dystonia and menstruation, panic attacks occur. They manifest as:
The attack passes independently. Its duration varies from 5 to 30 minutes. With a severe clinical picture, panic attacks appear several times a day.
In women, the syndrome of waiting for a panic attack gradually forms:
- Usually, people with VSD know when and in what situations they have a severe anxiety attack.
- A woman is sure that if she takes on this or that business or finds herself in a traumatic situation, an attack will arise.
- Anxiety when PMS is present in the background constantly, sleep is disturbed.
What cycle is considered normal?
External manifestation of the natural ovarian-menstrual cycle - menstruation, which arise with the frequency characteristic of each woman and lasts most often 3-6 days. At this time, the entire enlarged functional layer of the endometrium (uterine mucosa) is rejected. Together with the blood, his scraps exit through the opening cervical canal into the vagina and then out. Peristaltic contractions of its walls contribute to the natural cleansing of the uterus, which can cause some physical discomfort.
Vessels gaping after rejection of tissues quickly close, the resulting total defect of the mucous membrane regenerates. Therefore, normal menstruation is not accompanied by significant blood loss and does not lead to the development of anemia, severe asthenia and disability. The average volume of blood loss is up to 150 ml, and there are no blood clots in the discharge.
But the menstrual cycle is not only the stage of updating the endometrium. Normally, it also includes the follicular phase with the maturation of the egg in the ovary, ovulation and the subsequent secretory phase with the growth of the endometrium and its preparation for the potentially possible implantation of the ovum. In a healthy woman of reproductive age, there are also anovulatory cycles, which is not considered pathological. They normally do not lead to a change in the duration or nature of menstruation and do not affect the duration of the intermenstrual period. In such cycles, a woman is not fertile, that is, pregnancy is not possible with her.
Menstruation begins at puberty. Their appearance indicates the readiness of the reproductive system to conceive. The first menstruation (menarche) is noted at the age of 9–15 years, most often in the interval between 12 and 14 years. It depends on many factors, the main of which are heredity, national identity, general health, the adequacy of the girl’s nutrition.
Completion of the reproductive period is characterized by the onset of menopause - the complete and final cessation of menstruation. This is preceded by a climacteric period, which normally occurs on average in 46-50 years.
Development Mechanism NOMC
The ovarian menstrual cycle in the female body is an endocrine-dependent process. Therefore, the main cause of its disorders is dyshormonal disorders. They can primarily occur at different levels, including with the involvement of endocrine glands, which are not related to the reproductive system. Based on this classification of menstrual disorders. According to her, emit:
Failures at any level in the end will still be manifested by different types of NOMCs. After all, hormonal imbalance leads to a change in the work of the ovaries, even if they do not have structural abnormalities. The logical consequence of this is a violation of the secretion of the main sex hormones (estrogen and progesterone). And their main target is the functional layer of the mucous membrane of the uterus, it is he who is rejected with blood at the end of the next cycle. Therefore, any dishormonal changes in the body can lead to a violation of the nature and regularity of menstruation.
Endocrine pathology is the main cause of menstrual dysfunction. Only in a fairly small percentage of cases is it not caused by hormonal disorders. Violations of the menstrual cycle can be caused, for example, pronounced changes in the endometrium. And sometimes false amenorrhea is diagnosed, when menstrual blood and rejected endometrium do not have the ability to exit naturally due to vaginal atresia or complete clogging of its output with a virgin chimp.
Causes of dysfunction
The reasons for the appearance of menstrual dysfunction are many. Moreover, a woman can simultaneously identify several etiological factors leading to functional disruptions at various levels.
The most likely ones are:
- A variety of pituitary adenomas (acidophilic, basophilic, chromophobic), which can be hormonally active or lead to compression and atrophy of the adenohypophysis. Disease and Itsenko-Cushing syndrome.
- Taking drugs that affect the synthesis and metabolism of dopamine and noradrenaline in brain structures, which leads to dysfunction of the hypothalamic-pituitary system. These include reserpine, MAO inhibitors, typical and atypical antipsychotics, antidepressants of various groups, metoclopramide, phenothiazine derivatives and a number of other drugs.
- Adrenal adenomas and other tumors that produce androgens and cortisol. Adrenogenital syndrome due to congenital adrenal hyperplasia.
- Some mental disorders associated with impaired central neuroendocrine regulation. These can be depressive states of moderate and severe degree of various genesis, endogenous diseases (schizophrenia) in the acute stage, anorexia nervosa, reactive disorders, and adaptation disorders during chronic stress.
- Hypo - or hyperthyroidism of various origins.
- Syndrome of sclerocystic ovaries (Stein-Leventhal).
- Suppression of ovarian function and impaired feedback between them and the hypothalamic-pituitary system after prolonged administration of COCs and their abrupt cancellation.
- Resistant ovarian syndrome and gonadal depletion syndrome. They may also have iatrogenic genesis - for example, due to the repeated participation of a woman in protocols of assisted reproductive technologies with stimulation of hyperovulation.
- Drastic non-physiological changes in hormonal levels, which can be caused by spontaneous or medical abortion, taking drugs to quickly suppress lactation.
- Defects and malformations of the uterus, including those caused by chromosomal diseases.
- The consequences of surgery on the ovaries and uterus, radiation and chemotherapy, inflammatory diseases of the reproductive organs. This can be a significant decrease in the volume of functioning ovarian tissue, intrauterine synechia up to the development of uterine cavity atresia, removal of the gonads and the uterus.
- Tumor lesion of the ovaries. Moreover, not only malignant, but also large benign neoplasms with secondary atrophy of ovarian tissue may have clinical significance.
Disruption of the menstrual cycle after 40 years in most cases due to the increasing age-related changes in the reproductive system. They are caused by the natural depletion of the follicular ovarian reserve with an increase in the number of anovulatory cycles, progressive hypoestrogenic and extinction of the reproductive function. These changes are most pronounced in the pre-menopausal period, when the cycle becomes increasingly irregular with a tendency to dysfunctional uterine bleeding and the addition of psycho-vegetative disorders.
Violation of menstruation in girls of pubertal age is most often caused by uneven maturation of the hypothalamic-pituitary and ovarian systems. But do not forget that during this period clinical manifestations of certain congenital syndromes, chromosomal diseases and abnormalities of the development of the internal organs of the reproductive system can debut.
In addition, adolescent disorders are often found in adolescent girls with the formation of nutritional deficiencies of key nutrients, and especially fats. This leads to a marked decrease in the synthesis of steroid (including sex) hormones, which is most often manifested by secondary amenorrhea.
Possible manifestations of NOMC
According to the presence of the previous period of normal menstruation, all possible irregularities can be divided into primary and secondary.
Symptoms of menstrual disorders may include:
Hypermenstrual syndrome with polyhypermenorrhea and / or acyclic dysfunctional uterine bleeding is usually the cause of the development of chronic post-hemorrhagic iron deficiency anemia. Her symptoms are often the reason for going to a doctor. In this case, the woman is worried about increased fatigue, palpitations, general weakness, a tendency to lower blood pressure, and fainting is possible. The condition of the skin, hair and nails is worsening, a decrease in the productivity of mental activity up to the development of mild cognitive disorders is possible.
Many women of reproductive age also have infertility - the absence of a natural conception within 1 year of unprotected regular sexual life. It is caused by severe violations of the allocation of a dominant follicle in one of the ovaries, the process of maturation of the egg in it and the lack of spontaneous ovulation.
It is important to understand that in the presence of anovulatory cycles, a woman can independently and not make any special complaints about menstrual irregularities, although with targeted questioning, in most cases, various symptoms appear. In this case, the patient usually considers the characteristic lengthening of the menstrual cycle as her individual feature, and not as a pathological sign.
Possibility of pregnancy
Pregnancy in violation of the menstrual cycle is possible. Но вероятность ее наступления зависит от выраженности дисгормональных расстройств, полноценности развития матки и многих других факторов. Во многих случаях нарушения менструации сопровождаются бесплодием.And it is not always possible to eliminate it by conservative methods, often the onset of pregnancy is possible only with the help of assisted reproductive technologies. And sometimes a woman can not conceive and independently carry out the child. In this case, she is offered the services of a surrogate mother and donor programs.
In addition, we should not forget that endocrine disorders often lead to the inferiority of the functional layer of the endometrium and thus impede the normal implantation of the ovum. This, coupled with insufficient production of progesterone and hCG, significantly increases the risk of abortion at very early and early stages. In this case, a woman may not be aware of conception, regarding the delay in menstruation as another dysfunction.
Prior menstrual dysfunctions are considered a factor potentially complicating pregnancy. Such women require special attention. Often, for the prolongation of pregnancy they need to take certain hormonal drugs. According to statistics, in a number of women after childbirth, menstrual irregularity is independently corrected (for periods of menstruation, in our article by reference). And subsequent pregnancies they can occur already without much difficulty.
In most cases, NOMCs have a favorable prognosis, as they are caused by changes that are not life-threatening for a woman. But we should not forget that up to 10% of cases are due to oncologic diseases of various localization. Therefore, the diagnosis of such a condition requires careful examination to establish the true cause of menstrual dysfunction, to determine the nature and severity of existing changes. It is this tactic that will allow you to choose the optimal corrective therapy or carry out a radical treatment in a timely manner.
Basic examination should include:
If there is evidence at stage 2 of the survey, high-tech diagnostic techniques are used (CT, MRI, PET, and others). Most often they are prescribed for suspected oncogynecological pathology.
Principles of treatment
Treatment of menstrual disorders includes several areas:
Disruption of the menstrual cycle is a very common problem. And its relevance is not reduced, despite the achievements of modern medicine. Fortunately, quite a few forms of such disorders are amenable to correction. And with the timely treatment of a woman to the doctor, it is often possible to avoid complications, to keep patients with a high quality of life and even to cope with concomitant infertility.