Many women are concerned about the question - what kind of painkillers can you drink during your period. In each specific situation, the doctor will advise various medications, taking into account the intensity of the symptoms and the characteristics of the body. To eliminate pain during critical days, medications from the following categories are commonly used:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- The means offered by traditional medicine.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
This pain reliever during menstruation has a powerful effect, and their reception can begin even before the start of critical days, in order to prevent the increase of symptoms. Positive quality is the affordable price, they are on sale in any pharmacy chain. These drugs that can be taken during menstruation are:
The tablet form of drugs can be successfully replaced by candles. They are more effective. In addition, candles cause fewer side effects and have few contraindications. People suffering from gastritis and other diseases of the digestive system organs are contraindicated to use drugs in the form of tablets, side effects can be nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain. Preparations in the form of candles are used at intervals of 12 hours.
The main contraindications of tablets are:
- Tendency to allergic reactions to the main active ingredients.
- Diseases of the digestive system in the acute stage.
- Other bleeding, not only in the menstrual period.
- The period of childbearing and lactation.
- Renal, hepatic or heart failure.
Spasmolytics in combination with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs will help to stop the pain syndrome quickly. The category of spasmodics include:
All of these medicines can also be injected into a muscle or vein. So the result will come faster. It is not recommended to take pain pills for menstruation in people with a history of:
- Any dysfunction in the urinary system.
- Tendency to allergic reactions.
- High blood pressure.
Sometimes women resort to drugs in this category. It includes the following drugs:
All medicines can be taken up to 6 units. Analgin for menstruation, these funds only eliminate unpleasant symptoms, but do not relieve inflammatory processes in the organs of the reproductive system. Before you start taking any of them, you should always consult a doctor, because there may be contraindications:
- Problems in the kidneys or liver.
- Individual intolerance of active substances in the composition.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Diseases of the blood-forming organs.
The use of hemostatic agents
Often, pain during critical days is often accompanied by such an unpleasant symptom as the duration and profusion of bleeding. So, after a preliminary visit to the doctor, the gynecologist may prescribe a hemostatic drug. The dosage is prescribed by the doctor. Especially important is the use of this medication in case there is fibroids or fibroids. If there is a predisposition to the formation of thrombosis, it is not recommended to use this tool.
Side effects from the reception include:
- Rash on the skin,
- Unpleasant sensations in the epigastric region.
Askorutin during menstruation also helps to stop bleeding. Applying ascorutin during menstruation, you can also strengthen the walls of blood vessels, as it contains ascorbic acid and rutin strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
Pain management with hormone therapy
It happens that the main factors of such a state are precisely the disturbances in the hormonal environment. Hormonal substances are one of the most important, if there is any dysfunction, there are symptoms in the abdomen and back. It is important to understand that direct hormonal birth control pills do not eliminate painful sensations. But with the use of such means, it is possible to improve the hormones, therefore, to reduce the manifestations that are provoked by dysfunction in the hormonal environment.
Assistants in such therapy can be:
Any drug should be prescribed only by a doctor so that self-administration does not become a mistake and does not cause the opposite effect.
The use of unconventional means
In addition to the use of drugs, treatment with folk remedies can help in eliminating unpleasant symptoms. One of the most popular and effective recipes is a decoction of nettle. Since this herb contains a large amount of vitamin K. It helps the mucous to recover, so plant-based recipes will help eliminate pain and normalize the amount of secretions during critical days.
The positive properties of a medicinal plant are as follows:
- Rapid coagulation of blood fluid.
- Replenishing lost iron, as a consequence, the elimination or prevention of anemia.
- Normalization of hemoglobin.
- Beneficial effect on the entire cycle.
- Recovery of ascorbic acid concentration.
With intense pains, prepare a decoction: a tablespoon of dry raw materials is poured with water, the container is placed on a low heat and boiled for 10 minutes. Next, ready and cool the drink strain, the dosage in each case may be different.
With the right approach, it is possible to eliminate unpleasant symptoms that accompany critical days.
Painful periods: causes, painkillers. Video
Almost all women of childbearing age experience mild discomfort on critical days. Pain of varying intensity is present during each menstrual cycle. The pain in nonpartitant girls is more pronounced, which is recognized as a physiological norm. About 10% of women pursue unbearable menstrual pain, which can temporarily deprive them of their ability to work. Until recently, analgin was considered an old proven means of eliminating pain. But is it safe and worth taking?
In medical terminology, painful are called algomenorrhea (dysmenorrhea, algomenorrhea).
There are three degrees of pain syndrome:
- moderate pain that does not affect the activity of the woman, the intensity of pain can be endured without taking painkillers,
- with moderately severe algomenorrhea, the pain has a pulling character, other symptoms join it: nausea, frequent urination, chills, women develop other psycho-emotional abnormalities (irritability, increased perception to bright light, strong odors),
- a severe stage of the disease deprives a woman of the possibility of a normal existence, the pain is so strong that it gives back, vomiting, seizures, heart pain, diarrhea appears.
Doctors believe the main cause of intolerable menstrual pain is hormonal imbalance. The increased content of prostaglandins increases the frequency of contraction of the muscles of the small pelvis.
Other causes of painful menstruation in adult women include:
- adhesions in the pelvic organs, which is the result of infectious and inflammatory processes,
- frequent, uterus operations that leave postoperative scars,
- intrauterine contraceptives,
Women suffering from pain during menstruation often experience discomfort during sexual intercourse. Such symptoms should not be ignored: it is necessary to consult a gynecologist to identify and treat the problem.
The menstrual cycle and the intensity of pain during it are also affected by persistent, physical overstrain, chronic lack of sleep.
The most dangerous cause of algomenorrhea are benign and malignant tumors in the appendages or in the uterus.
Persistent pain during menstruation is a reason for consulting with a female doctor.
Menstrual pain in adolescents
Primary dysmenorrhea occurs in girls whose menstrual cycle is still unstable. The main cause of monthly pain in adolescents is the same hormonal imbalance. Most often, the disease begins with the first menstrual period and lasts for three years.
Teenage algomenorrhea is divided into two types:
- parasympathetic form: an increase in serotonin fluid in the cerebrospinal fluid during menstruation leads to a drop in body temperature, a reduced pulse, a temporary increase in extra kilograms and the appearance of swelling of the arms, legs and face,
- adrenergic form: in this case, the indicators of adrenaline, dopamine and norepinephrine go offboard, metabolism is disturbed, which is fraught with fever, the girls' face turns pale, a spasm of small vessels develops on the extremities, because of which they turn blue.
Features of proper nutrition
Doctors consider calcium deficiency to be one of the causes of painful menstruation. The lack of this trace element provokes hypertonia of the uterus, which leads to the formation of spasms.
It will be necessary to replenish calcium reserves 10 days before the beginning of menstruation, but calcium is poorly absorbed without additional vitamin D and a complex of minerals (zinc, copper, manganese).
The main rules of a diet for painful periods:
- for several days it is necessary to limit salt intake,
- eliminate from the diet (it washes out calcium from the bones),
- in the menu include: cheese, dairy products, salmon, meat, eggs, honey, dried fruits, more vegetables and greens,
- a small portion of dark chocolate is allowed, which contributes to the development of the hormone of pleasure endorphin,
- fruit preference should be given to bananas, oranges and apples,
- of the drinks preferable to others will be tea from chamomile, peppermint or drink with the addition of ginger,
- so as not to cause unnecessary pressure on the uterus, you should not overeat and use gas-forming foods (legumes, cabbage, radishes, melons, mushrooms).
One of the popular tools is. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that suppresses prostaglandin synthesis. Nimesil's action lasts 6 hours. But the drug is prohibited for girls under 12 years old.
For menstrual pain, women often use antipyretic drugs with paracetamol: Nise or Nurofen. Often used painkiller Solpadein.
Good effect gives regular yoga. Special exercises (asanas) relieve muscle tension and reduce menstrual cramps. Regular yoga classes can lead to normal hormonal balance.
Despite the WHO ban, negative feedback from doctors, an abundance of modern pharmaceutical products on the shelves of pharmacies, our women still prefer to escape the combination of Analgin and No-shpy during periods of severe pain during menstruation. More than half of the representatives of the weaker sex use these drugs.
Periodic use of Analgin harm will not bring, but initially it is desirable to establish the cause of dysmenorrhea. Especially in women who have given birth, since severe pains during menstruation can indicate serious inflammatory processes in the pelvic organs.
Pain relievers during menstruation in the case when the pain can not be tolerated. However, during menstruation, a woman may experience a lot of other unpleasant symptoms - headache, nausea, diarrhea, colic in the intestines, pain in the stomach. Painkillers contain a number of side effects. You should know what drug you can drink during menstruation, and what you should refrain from.
From official sources, 67% of women around the globe suffer from painful menstruation. Each has its own reasons provoking poor health, decreased activity, and ability to act. In medicine, this phenomenon is called dysmenorrhea and is referred to as menstrual dysfunction. How to relieve menstruation, which drugs for menstrual pain to drink, or is it better to use herbs? You will learn below. Dysmenorrhea is primary, secondary. According to the degree of duration, pain separation is conditional. Why do some women easily tolerate menstruation, others writhe in pain and do not know which pill is better to drink?
Every woman during menstruation or before the onset of menstruation feels worse, discomfort and pain. In some cases, all this is tolerable, in others it makes "climb on the wall." Painful periods are accompanied by pulling pains in the lower abdomen, nausea, vomiting, headache, discomfort in the lower back, a slight increase in body temperature. These are all symptoms of dysmenorrhea, and they manifest themselves for various reasons.
Violation of menstrual functions is not associated with serious pathological processes in the organs of the reproductive system. Pain occurs due to the influence of external factors, or as a result of the failure of the entire body. Factors manifestations of painful periods are:
For these reasons, painful sensations appear in women before menstruation or in the first 2 days of the onset of menstruation. They are short in nature. In some cases, it is possible to get rid of discomfort without the help of a gynecologist. But if the pain appears constantly during menstruation, you need to consult a specialist about how to eliminate it.
The cause of painful menstruation in women are pathological processes in the genitals and all sorts of gynecological diseases. The pain begins to appear shortly before the beginning of menstruation and does not pass until the end of menstruation. Painkillers and other drugs give a short-term effect. Menstruation can be abundant with blood clots or scanty with a brown color and an unpleasant odor. All this is accompanied by nausea, vomiting, dizziness and general malaise.
Interesting video: facilitate monthly
It is advisable to take pain pills in the first case. With secondary dysmenorrhea, a woman needs to be examined and undergo a course of treatment.
What painkillers can you drink during menstruation?
Each drug has its own mechanism of action. Some are designed to eliminate the pain of a moderate nature, others cope with strong attacks. To get rid of menstrual pain is usually enough tablets of moderate action. Strong drugs will certainly help. But in the event of unbearable pain in the future, they can not have the desired effect. As the body gets used to painkillers. After a strong pill, you will have to look even harder or prick already injections. The choice of painkillers should be taken seriously. If weak pills help, you should not switch to fashionable strengths.
Painkillers are divided into several groups:
- Nonsteroidal agents
Analgesics are considered the weakest. They are used for ordinary pain in the lower abdomen during the period of critical days. Non-steroid drugs have a long-lasting effect, affect the center of pain, therefore, during menstruation are the most preferred. The third group of painkillers is considered the strongest. They act instantly, but contain narcotic substances. Addictive. Take should be prescribed by a doctor in compliance with the correct dosage, duration of treatment.
Pain relief for menstruation for teenagers
To reduce pain during menstruation in young girls, pain pills begin to drink even when there is premenstrual pain in the lower abdomen. Approximately 2 days before critical days. Nonsteroid drugs based on ibuprofen are best suited. The pill begins 15 minutes after taking the pill. The drug relieves inflammation, relieves pain. It does not interfere with the natural processes in the body. This group of drugs include:
For lack of these drugs in the home medicine cabinet, you can use paracetamol. Its action is similar to ibuprofen. For adolescent girls are allowed to drink no more than 3 tablets per day. The duration of treatment should not exceed 5 days. Usually they begin to take painkillers 2 days before the onset of menstruation and another 2-3 days during it. In recent days, pain is reduced, there is no need to take pills.
If nonsteroidal drugs do not help, take analgesic drug Analgin. Tablets act directly on pain receptors. The action begins almost immediately. After 5 minutes, the desired relief will come. Daily dose of analgin no more than 3 tablets.
Pain relief injections during menstruation
The action of the tablets begins after some time. Initially, the active ingredient enters the stomach, intestines. Absorbed by the tissues, enters the blood. And already from the bloodstream begins to act on the focus of pain. Injections help much faster. An injection is made in case of severe pain that cannot be tolerated. The drug is prescribed by the attending physician if the situation repeats repeatedly. In case of emergency, an ambulance paramedic can assist with the injection. Самостоятельное назначение инъекций не допускается. Что могут колоть?
Одни препараты просто купируют боль, другие снимают спазм, уменьшают воспаление.
Недорогие таблетки от боли
Доступные препараты от боли при месячных имеются в каждой аптеке.
- Анальгин – 26 р. 10 штук,
- Ibuprofen - 15 p. 20 tablets
- Paracetamol - 3 p. 10 pieces,
- Piroxicam - 35 p. for 20 pieces,
- Ketolong - 20 p. 10 tablets
- Drotaverin - 15 p. 20 pieces.
Drugs can be used every time with menstruation if necessary or drink for first aid. Later purchase more expensive pills.
Strong drugs for menstrual pain
Appointed in the form of tablets, candles. The latter have a local impact on the genitals, do not affect the operation of other systems. Most commonly used:
Strong pain medication in the form of tablets:
Strong drugs for monthly use according to the testimony of a doctor. Menstrual pain can be inherited, congenital or acquired. In the latter case, the woman should immediately see a gynecologist. It may be a long-term treatment with the use of not only painkillers, but also other drugs. Independently blocking pain with strong drugs can only aggravate the situation.
Effective folk remedies for painful periods
Painful menstruation has tormented women since ancient times. During the absence of professional preparations, they prepared their effective medicine for periods. It helped get rid of menstrual pain on critical days, and had no contraindications. The most effective means have reached our days. Some of them recommend the use of gynecologists in addition to medical drugs. The basis of the drug is a medicinal plant. From it prepare tinctures, decoctions.
- Nettle pain during menstruation
On the healing properties of this plant do not stop talking folk healers. It is believed that nettle helps to cause menstruation and stop heavy bleeding. The plant has wound healing properties and tonic. During menstruation, the upper layer of the uterus is removed. At this place there are wounds that bleed and cause pain. Nettle contains chlorophyll, which promotes wound healing. The plant is rich in vitamin K, which is necessary for normal blood clotting. In the nettle contains a useful trace element - iron. With the monthly a large amount of this trace element is derived, which leads to a deterioration in overall health. Thus, nettle complex effect on the woman's body, which contributes to the elimination of menstrual pain.
An effective medicine is prepared quickly, simply and easily. A decoction of nettle will have a beneficial effect on the vessels, uterus, reduce the amount of secretions. 1-2 tsp of nettle pour a glass of boiled water. Infused about 15 minutes. Take 3 times a day to the end of the day to drink a whole glass of medicine.
Contraindications to the use of this effective tool is individual intolerance, problems with blood coagulation, renal failure.
The plant has been used for menstrual pain since ancient times. An effective medicine affects the condition of the uterus, regulates the menstrual cycle. It has anti-inflammatory action, relieves spasm. Chamomile is drunk as ordinary tea. In the pharmacy, the product is sold in filtered bags. Pour 1-2 bags with a glass of boiled water. Wait 15-20 minutes. Drink warm. Per day, if desired, you can drink 2-3 glasses. Chamomile relieve tension of the whole body during menstruation, calm the nervous system. Therefore, relieve cramps and pain during menstruation.
- Borovaya uterus for menstrual pain
The plant is considered the No. 1 medicine for women's health and menstruation. The pain of menstruation is eliminated due to the unique composition of trace elements. Saponins have a tonic effect on the entire body. Phytohormones normalize the menstrual cycle, regulate the duration of menstruation. Flavonoids, tannins prevent inflammation in the uterus, ovaries. A large amount of vitamin C favorably affects the circulatory system. Borovaya uterus relieves women from menstrual pain complex. Relieves spasm, restores uterine walls, has anti-inflammatory effects. Sold in pharmacies in dry bags. Brew 1-2 bags of 200 ml of boiled water. Allow to infuse for 15 minutes. Drink half a cup 2 times a day. Start taking effective medication is necessary on the eve of menstruation, until the end of menstruation. You can use alcohol tincture on critical days. 10 drops 3 times a day.
On this list of drugs people from menstrual pain in the critical days does not end there. The broth is made from lemon balm, mint, sour, parsley, yarrow, onion peel. Preparing a decoction according to the standard scheme: 1-2 teaspoons of the plant pour 200 ml of boiling water. After cooling, you can drink during the day. Herbs can be combined and cooked mixtures. The total amount should not exceed 2 teaspoons. Herbal medicine can be combined with medication. Eating herbal remedies can not only relieve menstrual pain on critical days once, but affect the subsequent menstrual cycle.
Elementary ways to relieve pain during menstruation
To relieve pain in the abdomen on critical days is possible without the use of pills, painkillers.
- Need to lie down on the bed to the side. Knees pull up to the chest, clasp your hands and fix. The pose is obtained like a child who is in the womb of a pregnant woman. The painful feeling of menstruation will start to disappear after 5 minutes. After that, you can relax and lie down more conveniently.
- Remove pain in critical days can be another pose. It is necessary to lie down on the stomach, relax the muscles. In this position is removed spasm. The uterus is relieved. Pain syndrome passes within 10-15 minutes.
- On the stomach, you can put a heating pad with warm or cold water. When menstruation goes strong, use cold water. Such a hot-water bottle will soothe the pain during menstruation and stop heavy bleeding. A warm heating pad can be applied at the beginning of menstruation or at the end of menstruation. When the discharge becomes moderate or scanty. Instead of a hot-water bottle use a plastic bottle. And if there is neither one nor the other - own hand. It is necessary to make a fist and put it under the belly, slightly pressing down. 15 minutes in this position will relieve pain in the abdomen.
If the pain during menstruation after such remedies does not hurry to subside, take pills, tinctures.
There are no universal remedies for pain during menstruation. Since the causes of pain during menstruation are few. If there are no serious pathological disorders in the work of the genitals and the reproductive system, an effective remedy can be selected by means of samples. At the same time, herbal teas should be taken, lead a healthy lifestyle, eat right. Menstruation will cause less discomfort if the body is strong and healthy. Pills have to drink less. The functioning of the reproductive system in primary dysmenorrhea can be influenced by eliminating negative factors. In the case of genetic predisposition, you need to be more attentive to your body. Dietary nutrition 1-2 weeks before the expected monthly can reduce pain during menstruation.
Virtually every female felt pain at least several times during menstrual bleeding. If you believe the medical statistics - 70% of women have moderate pain during menstruation. And 10% have a strong pain syndrome, up to the loss of efficiency and "vitality."
Naturally, all the suffering girls take pain pills in such a difficult period of life. But, remember, if they go, they violate the quality of life of the ladies - it is better to turn to an experienced specialist for help, because the reason may lie in a serious illness. And the pills are not able to remove the cause and restore the normal flow of menstrual bleeding.
In the meantime, let's talk about the miracle pills that help restore the balance of the female state.
Causes of dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea is painful menstrual bleeding. As a woman is individual, pain during menstruation is different.
In one lady, they deliver a little discomfort that can be overcome without taking medication.
Others can not do without medication, otherwise the pain syndrome reaches such an intensity that the state is close to loss of consciousness.
And some feel the average level of pain.
The causes of dysmenorrhea can be the following disorders of the body:
- Violations of the hormonal background of a woman
- High thyroid activity,
- Use of internal contraception
- Hypersensitivity of the body to various changes
- An abortion
- After childbirth,
- Anomaly of the location of the uterus,
- Irregular sex life
- Genetic predisposition
- The lack of magnesium and potassium in the body,
- Unbalanced nutrition.
First aid for painful menstruation
Usually, intense pains fall on the first two days of menstruation. In addition, pain syndrome is often accompanied.
Little is pleasant in this situation, so almost every woman seeks to alleviate her suffering, therefore she uses pain pills during her period.
There are a lot of painkillers, it is difficult to say which medication is right for this woman. Each case is a specific pain medication.
In addition to painkillers, there are folk ways to eliminate pain in critical days. True, they are suitable only for those girls who have unexpressed pain.
In principle, it is recommended to first use any available methods of eliminating pain, and only then, if there is no positive result, turn to medicines.
But remember, everything must be within reason.
And if you came suddenly and last for several cycles, in this case you need to consult a doctor and find out the reason.
Popular wisdom says that women with dysmenorrhea can try the following methods of pain relief:
- Proper posture can work wonders. They say that lying down you need to tighten your legs to your chest and clasp them with your hands. It seems like after a short period of time a woman will feel better.
- Another option is to use a cold or warm heating pad on the lower abdomen. To determine which heating pad is right for you - try one and then the other.
- Some argue that a hot bath will help, although there are opponents of this statement. After all, hot water can increase bleeding, and this is fraught with great loss of blood. It is better to seek advice from a gynecologist.
- The most pleasant way is to drink hot tea with a few spoons of brandy or balsam.
- Do yoga. There are special asanas that can remove painful periods without the help of special medications. In addition, yoga is not only physical health, but also spiritual.
If a woman has dysmenorrhea with severe pains or traditional methods do not give any result, it is impossible to do without the help of painkillers. Next, consider the most commonly used pharmaceuticals.
Doubt-Free Anesthetic Leaders
Pain medication for pain during menstruation is quite a lot. But the undoubted leaders and the most frequently taken pills are Aspirin and No-shpa.
Popularity Aspirin due to its low cost and therapeutic effect. The tablet affects immediately several links in the body: it removes fever, removes inflammation and anesthetizes.
All this helps to survive a difficult time for a woman.
Most often, girls need about 2-4 x capsules per day and you can live your old life.
Many people take Aspirin without a doctor's prescription, and this is a completely wrong decision. On the one hand, he has established himself as a harmless drug, and on the other, he has many contraindications and side effects that few people think about.
- children under 15 years old
- and during breastfeeding,
- people with a stomach ulcer, in the period of exacerbation,
- allergic reaction to the components of the product.
It is wise to drink Aspirin:
- people suffering from diseases in the area in the digestive tract,
- risk factor is a history of bronchial asthma,
- polyp in the nose,
- chronic bronchial diseases.
- nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, like,
- migraine, dizziness,
- high risk of bleeding,
- allergic reaction.
- an excellent drug in the fight against. Its action is to relieve smooth muscle spasms.
Take 2-3 tablets per day. You can use the injection, it quickly reaches the goal.
- severe stage of renal or heart failure
- child age 6 years,
- not recommended for mothers during lactation,
- hypersensitivity to the components of the tool,
- hereditary intolerance to galactose monosaccharide, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome, lactase deficiency.
- headache, dizziness,
- sleep disturbances
- constipation, nausea,
- allergy in the form of rash, urticaria.
There are a number of generic drugs (analogues) in No-spa:
A group of antispasmodics that can relieve any pain
Besides No-shpy there are other drugs that can relieve cramping pains down the abdomen and they all belong to the same group - antispasmodics.
They are no less effective, relieve pain and cramps. No-shpa does not help some women, so they pay attention to other painkillers.
Consider the list of such drugs:
- Papaverine . Available in the form of capsules and candles. Method of application: 3-4 tablets per day or 2-3 candles. Among the contraindications are: glaucoma, severe stage of renal failure, diseases of atrioventricular heart block.
- Halidor - A good remedy for pain, which has another plus - the ability to soothe the nerves. Its active substance is benziclan. Take 3 tablets per day. There are the following contraindications: severe stages of cardiac, respiratory, renal and hepatic insufficiency. As well as people with a portable hemorrhagic stroke and with epilepsy. It is not recommended to drink Halidor during lactation.
- Buscopan . Its active ingredient hyoscine butyl bromide is released in tablets and suppositories. It is allowed to drink 3 tablets per day, and put up candles. 4. Buscopan groups of people with myasthenia, glaucoma, megacolon, pulmonary edema and cerebral atherosclerosis cannot be taken.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
This group of pain killers is used for pain relief, as well as for prophylactic purposes.
In addition to pain relief, they are able to calm down the inflammatory process in the body, alleviate any painful sensations.
For prevention, they begin to drink a few days before the onset of the menstrual cycle, 2-3 days.
So, what are these drugs:
- The safest and least harmful painkillers are components: Paracetamol and Ibuprofen . Available in the form of tablets, candles, syrups. It is allowed to take pregnant women, nursing mothers and even babies drink this drug if there is such a need. There are many analogs on the domestic market: Nurofen , Paracetamol , Panadol , eg. The producer can be both Russia and foreign companies. The method and amount of application you need to look at notation.
- Diklak , Voltaren - all these are generics Diclofenac . These drugs are more effective if you start drinking in advance. Diclofenac is worth drinking thrice a day.
- Ketorolac , Ketorol , Ketanov - the most powerful analgesic of this series, taken no more than 3 tablets per day.
Sometimes, painkillers of one group can be combined with another group. For example, a non-steroid group with antispasmodics.
Virtually every drug is available in different types:
Each lady chooses what is convenient for her. The only thing that needs to be done by any woman is to consult with an experienced specialist so as not to harm her own health by self-treatment.
Menstruation is a natural process that speaks of a woman’s childbearing ability. But often periods are accompanied by a number of unpleasant side symptoms, the most common of which is pain. Someone may have an unpleasant feeling for an hour, and for some “lucky girls” they continue for several days in a row. Pain pills for menstruation are able to quickly and effectively return a woman to a good state of health.
Pain during menstruation may have a different nature: tingling, pulling, aching, pain from cramps. Even if the discomfort is expressed very weakly, they have to endure a long period (in 40% of cases, the pain begins several days before the onset of discharge and stops in the last day of menstruation).
There are three degrees of menstrual pain, based on the intensity of the sensations and associated symptoms:
- first degree (mild pain in the lower abdomen, not interfering with the habitual flow of a woman’s life),
- second degree (intensity of unpleasant sensations increases, slight nausea appears, body temperature slightly decreases, with second-degree pains, instability of the psycho-emotional state, pronounced PMS and a tendency to depression) are observed,
- третья степень (при менструальных болях неприятные ощущения распространяются не только на нижнюю часть живота, но и на крестец, возможна рвота, повышение температуры тела, общая слабость, подавленное и угнетенное состояние, все эти неприятные симптомы могут сигнализировать о гинекологических проблемах у женщины).
Частая причина болей – первичная дисменорея. Menstruation processes are difficult due to the influence of external factors or due to general disorders in the body:
- hormonal imbalance,
- the presence of a contraceptive type "spiral",
- previous artificial abortion,
- recovery cycle after gestation and childbirth,
- lack of sex life
- lack of vitamins and minerals in the body,
- eating disorders
- genetic prerequisites for pain during menstruation.
These causes cause mild and transient pain. But if the situation is critical and even special drugs do not help to cope with PMS, most likely the woman suffers from secondary dysmenorrhea, which signals about deviations in the state of the body.
It is necessary to immediately consult a doctor if you regularly experience:
- menstruation pains that do not allow to go to work or perform any household tasks,
- gagging and stool disorder,
- too abundant discharge, especially if they have the appearance of dense clots,
- bouts of severe pain that were not previously observed during menstruation.
Drugs aimed at the correction of menstrual pain, can anesthetize even if a woman has a serious problem (of the above). But this is only a short-term effect, based on no treatment for the disease.
Painkillers for teens
For adolescents, the problem of painful menstruation is also relevant, because critical days usually begin at age 13. Girls should take remedies for abdominal pain immediately after the appearance of unpleasant sensations (they may occur both at the time of the appearance of discharge, and two days before). The best choice would be non-steroid drugs containing ibuprofen. Funds relieve cramps and fight inflammatory processes. The first improvements begin within 20 minutes after taking the pills:
Medicines should not be consumed longer than five days. Reception regimen: two days before the start of critical days and 2-3 days during the most acute period of the cycle.
If there is no opportunity to go to the pharmacy, paracetamol will be suitable, which can be easily found in every home. But young girls should not “lean” on him. Permissible daily dose - 3 tablets.
It happens that nonsteroidal drugs are useless. To save the situation can analgin. He will dull the feeling of pain, working directly with the sensitive channels of the body.
Strong painkillers for menstruation is prescribed in the case when pain syndrome prevents a woman from living a full life during critical days. These drugs can be in the form of tablets and suppositories. Candles act locally on the reproductive system, without affecting the body as a whole:
The strongest pain pills for menstruation:
Any pain medication for menstruation that is on the list should be prescribed by a doctor. If pain during a period of critical days is a hereditary trait, a specialist will select a harmless and effective combination of drugs. If the problem is acquired, the gynecologist will draw up an optimal treatment plan aimed at eradicating the cause of the discomfort.
It is possible to quickly anesthetize and eliminate the symptoms of PMS with commonly available nonsteroidal drugs that do not adversely affect the body, but at the same time relieve inflammation. The list of such funds includes:
- Ibuprofen (dosage for an adult up to 6 tablets per day). The drug helps to reduce intrauterine pressure and frequency of contractions. MIG and Sedalgin act as similar painkillers. Non-steroidal agent has many contraindications: hemophilia, kidney and liver disease, asthma disorders and gastrointestinal diseases.
- Paracetamol (dosage for an adult not more than 4 tablets per day). The analgesic effect is expressed only with an average level of pain. In no case can not combine tablets with alcoholic beverages, as this leads to unpredictable consequences. The active substance paracetamol is contained in the preparations: Panadol, Migrenol, Prohodol, Febritset, Acetaminophen.
- Combined drugs. Contain Ibuprofen and Paoacetamol: Brustan, Ibuklin, Next, Hyrumat.
- Naproxen (dosage for an adult not more than 2 tablets per day). If you do not know how to alleviate the pain, without encountering side effects, take Neproxen. The only significant limitation on admission: peptic ulcer disease and the period of breastfeeding. The analogs are Nalgezin, Sanaprox, Apranax and Pronaxen.
- Ketoprofen (taken 2 to 4 times a day). The drug inhibits the active production of prostaglandin, thereby reducing the level of uterine contractions. Among the contraindications: hemophilia, gastrointestinal disease, health problems of the kidneys and liver.
- Less popular, but quite effective drugs:
- Indomethacin (up to 3 tablets during the day),
- Piroxicam (you can drink 3 tablets during the day or stretch the rate for a day).
Medications antispasmodics act as anesthetic only if the discomfort is associated with spasms. If a woman develops inflammation or other gynecological problems are present, the drug will not help get rid of pain.
- Papaverine (the dose for an adult ranges from 1 to 3 tablets per day). The tool has a good relaxing effect, removing muscle tone.
- Buscopan (regimen: 2 tablets * 5 doses). This remedy relaxes the internal organs and helps against colic provoked by menstruation.
- Drotaverine (regimen: 2 tablets * 5 doses). Acts on blood vessels, providing an expanding effect, also removes hypertonicity of the genital organs. Virtually no side effects. The drug is allowed to take to reduce pain during labor spasms.
- BUT-SHPA (from 4 to 6 tablets per day). This is the most commonly used anesthetic drug that does not have dangerous side effects. By the principle of action is similar to Drotaverinum.
Simple ways to relieve pain
Even if you know what painkillers to drink during menstruation, it does not hurt to learn about simple ways to combat PMS and menstrual cramps.
- the heat in the form of a heating pad attached to the lower abdomen is the best available remedy to fight the uterus hypertonus (it is enough to lie down for 20-25 minutes and the acute period will pass),
- yoga also helps with painful menstruation (the most effective asanas are “child”, “cobra”, “archer”),
- a rolled towel under the lower back creates an anatomical deflection that stretches the spine and relaxes the genitals,
- if you put small balls (tennis) under your lower back, you get a great relaxing massage,
- refusal of meat and dairy food before the start of the menstrual cycle will have a positive effect on the condition of the woman during critical days.
Pain relief of menstruation and inflammation of the reproductive system can be treated with the help of medicinal herbs. In terms of their effectiveness, they are almost as good as pills.
- Oregano relieves the feeling of heaviness and "aching" pain. The method of application is very simple: pour 3 tablespoons of raw materials with boiling water (500 ml) and leave for half an hour. Split the dose into three doses and take 30 minutes before meals.
- Chamomile mint tea brewed 1: 1 will not only reduce pain, but also help calm nerves and relieve depressive states. Painful periods will be even easier if you combine tea with a decoction of valerian root, one tablespoon of which is brought to a boil in 300 ml of boiling water.
- Nettle relieves pain and reduces heavy discharge. She is able to prevent anemia and put the female body in order by correcting the cycle. This unique plant restores vitamin C and iron. If you do not want to cook the broth yourself, purchase a plant extract (extract) at a pharmacy and take 40 drops before each meal. The duration of treatment depends on the intensity of the pain.
No need to endure pain during menstruation. Consult your doctor, who will certainly tell you the names of the pills for menstruation pain. Do not forget about the popular recipes, which also make a significant contribution to the fight against PMS. A timely examination by a gynecologist will prevent the development of urogenital diseases and women's problems.